Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Just Say No!

(09-17-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Will you people please stop comparing prisons to football teams?

It’s the worst [BLEEP] analogy ever.

Thanks.

Idk the slavery ones are worse IMO.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 02:30 PM by Kane.)

(09-17-2019, 02:12 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Will you people please stop comparing prisons to football teams?

It’s the worst [BLEEP] analogy ever.

Thanks.

Idk the slavery ones are worse IMO.

I find it amusing when stupid people say stupid things.

(09-17-2019, 02:25 PM)Kane Wrote:

I find it amusing when stupid people say stupid things.

Then this message board must keep you in stitches! Lol

We provide our own entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I’ve been very vocal about my distaste for Jalen’s attitude, jawing, etc. I’ve also taken the team’s side regarding playing hardball on trading him/paying him. And I’ve not changed my mind about those things.

But I also watched the press conference. And while I didn’t like some of the body language, I chalk that up to his being 24 and still immature. But I thought what he said and didn’t say was about as good as he could have done it under the circumstances.

I hope the team finds a way to keep him here. If that means signing him to an extension and a wink and a nod about a coaching change after the season, I’d be good with that. That’s IF I could be convinced about his love for the team, the fans, and the city. OTH, if I wasn’t convinced of that, I’d still ship him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-17-2019, 02:02 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 01:42 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Whats the old saying...oh yeah..."Let the inmates run the asylum"...

The problem is that the alternative isn't a functional prison system right now. Marrone, hell our entire FO, right now is the incompetent, corrupt warden from Shawshank. At some point a player thrown into that system without his consent is going to do what it takes to escape.

Except he consented when he signed his contract. He consented to all the terms and conditions to work for this organization and follow the rules and do as directed... Just cuz he doesnt like thevplay calling and or scheme doesnt mean he should be allowed to disregard the way they scheme or follow the play assigments

I disagree with op. If some team gives us enough compensation the team should bounce on it. He i not worth the $20 million he is going to demand next season.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/17/...ars-issues

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I totally understand people being upset how this has become a huge distraction before our only prime time game.

But look at the obvious, Ramsey is one of the best cornerbacks in the league if not the best. He comes to play each game and is a legitimate shut down corner. Just look at last week, Hopkins is a top 3 receiver, and Ramsey took him completely out of the game.

There is no way you let this talent go for pennies on the dollar. If Pittsburgh gives Miami a 1st round for Fitzpatrick, there is no comparison in the talent level between Ramsey and Fitzpatrick. Ramsey is so much better talent corner so a proposed 1st and 5th is a joke.

I still believe Ramsey just wants to get the long term contact and its security of guaranteed money. Pay the man and watch all the distractions behind us. And we still have our lock down corner. He is the best defender outside of Calais Campbell..

Its not just about the money. Great link Bullseye. These guys have been letting people know that todd wash is soft for the better part of 4 years. He suffered through kody kessler last year, were on a backup this year and were still pretending fournette is adrian peterson. I dont condone any of his childish behavior but i understand his frustration.

(09-17-2019, 09:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Its not just about the money.  Great link Bullseye.  These guys have been letting people know that todd wash is soft for the better part of 4 years.  He suffered through kody kessler last year, were on a backup this year and were still pretending fournette is adrian peterson.  I dont condone any of his childish behavior but i understand his frustration.

If it is more about winning and the organization, how do we fix that?  How does the organization convince the players in the locker room that it's committed to winning and is able to do so?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-18-2019, 08:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-17-2019, 09:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Its not just about the money.  Great link Bullseye.  These guys have been letting people know that todd wash is soft for the better part of 4 years.  He suffered through kody kessler last year, were on a backup this year and were still pretending fournette is adrian peterson.  I dont condone any of his childish behavior but i understand his frustration.

If it is more about winning and the organization, how do we fix that?  How does the organization convince the players in the locker room that it's committed to winning and is able to do so?

Got to get that first win against a rival and build momentum.  Winning is like Axe spray.  Sure it still stinks underneath but at least the smell is masked.  Find a way to get the team to rally around the rookie and build excitement there.  They tried that going for the win on the 2 point conversion but really they needed a better play selection but we will see tomorrow.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

How did we get from organizations owing players wins instead of players owing their employers wins?
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(09-18-2019, 08:16 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

They convince them by making smart decisions first and foremost. The players on this team have seen what's happened since the 2017 season. Resign Bortles, draft Taven, ARob walk, fail to sign Yan, fail to play to their players strengths and continue to back the coaches who clearly don't know what they're doing.

(09-18-2019, 09:16 AM)Jagwired Wrote: How did we get from organizations owing players wins instead of players owing their employers wins?

Giant contracts and coddling, just like other leagues in other sports. When players league wide begin to disrespect the conventional hierarchy to the point coaches have little control, dysfunction ensues. 

It sucks. The NFL was sort of the last bastion of team first mentality and it's eviscerating rapidly. 

I said it in the other thread, but it's worth repeating. If this turns into an NBA-like scenario where there are only a handful of competitive teams because players are dictating personnel moves...  

... then I'm out.  

And so is the money I spend annually on season tickets, merchandise, NFL gamepass, and everything else. 
I added it up in my head last night. It's not a small figure, and I'm sure there are thousands who would do the same if that came to pass.

(09-18-2019, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 09:16 AM)Jagwired Wrote: How did we get from organizations owing players wins instead of players owing their employers wins?

Giant contracts and coddling, just like other leagues in other sports. When players league wide begin to disrespect the conventional hierarchy to the point coaches have little control, dysfunction ensues. 

It sucks. The NFL was sort of the last bastion of team first mentality and it's eviscerating rapidly. 

I said it in the other thread, but it's worth repeating. If this turns into an NBA-like scenario where there are only a handful of competitive teams because players are dictating personnel moves...  

... then I'm out.  

And so is the money I spend annually on season tickets, merchandise, NFL gamepass, and everything else. 
I added it up in my head last night. It's not a small figure, and I'm sure there are thousands who would do the same if that came to pass.
Strongly disagree. The NHL always has been and always will be the #1 team sport.

(09-18-2019, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Giant contracts and coddling, just like other leagues in other sports. When players league wide begin to disrespect the conventional hierarchy to the point coaches have little control, dysfunction ensues. 

... then I'm out.  

Strongly disagree. The NHL always has been and always will be the #1 team sport.

Doesn't alter any of the spirit of my post. You may be  (probably are) correct, I just don't follow hockey at all.

(09-18-2019, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:22 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Strongly disagree. The NHL always has been and always will be the #1 team sport.

Doesn't alter any of the spirit of my post. You may be  (probably are) correct, I just don't follow hockey at all.
When a hockey players takes a 90mph puck to the face, loses teeth and then gets stitches only to come back on to the ice to help their team, that's the ultimate "team player" sport.

Kinda sucks the spirit of this board is so awful right now. It's actually making me miss the days of arguing Henne vs Gabbert.

(09-18-2019, 10:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Doesn't alter any of the spirit of my post. You may be  (probably are) correct, I just don't follow hockey at all.
When a hockey players takes a 90mph puck to the face, loses teeth and then gets stitches only to come back on to the ice to help their team, that's the ultimate "team player" sport.

Kinda sucks the spirit of this board is so awful right now. It's actually making me miss the days of arguing Henne vs Gabbert.

Henne Gabbert? Hell, those weren't arguements.. Leftwich Garrard.. Those were knock down brawls.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-18-2019, 10:26 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:24 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Doesn't alter any of the spirit of my post. You may be  (probably are) correct, I just don't follow hockey at all.

Is there something wrong with my not wanting the NFL to turn into the NBA in terms of player control? 

(or do just really want to talk about hockey  Tongue ? )