Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC

21 to 12.  That was the first down score the Jaguars brutally lost Thursday night. That is outrageous, almost as Titans time of possession, which was over ten more minutes than the Jaguars offense possessed the ball. Titans had 25 more plays on offense than the Jaguars. 

Jaguars were 2 of 11 on third down conversions. The play calling on offense was far too predictable. It’s not as if the Titans had more drives. That is what makes the offensive stats even more outrageous.  Jags had more drives.

The Titans where maligned by penalties. The refs raked them for over 100 yards on 9 penalties. Tom Brady tweeted about it, as if “the Fix” was in for the Jags win! I think maybe Brady is just sick of the comparisons, between he and Gardener Minshew, but I digress. 

Jaguars only scored three points during half the game. Watching the offense during the 2nd and 3rd quarter was indicative of just how much the defense and talent on this team where carrying Doug Marrone, the offensive minded head-coach. 

Marrone, against the Texans last weekend, thought it was wise to go for two and the win with the RB running into the teeth of the defense stacking the box against the run. Minshew, however was the leading rusher that game, his hot hand poised them in a position to win despite the mediocre play calling; play calling that cost them the game because the coach lacked the chutzpah, and faith in the legend that is MINSHUUUUUVVVVAAAALLL to win his first NFL start. 

Jaguars found a way to win despite the mediocre head coach at the helm. TC ought to consider poising himself in as interim HC, to save the season, and insure the growth of this prodigy is not stunted any further.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yes cause apparently the Coaches and HC are responsible for holding penalties, dropped passes and bad blocking.

Players need accountability.

Try again.

Titans got a lot of garbage stats in the second half.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:37 PM by Jagsbch.)

We had four penalties last week. Try again.

Bad blocking could be the result of an offensive line having to face a stacked box 42% of the plays thanks to an ultra conservative scheme. Jags are not throwing it downfield over the LBs nearly enough to spread this defense out.

This inept scheme IMO is also having an ill effect of the continuity of the passing game IMO. We have a QB who is one of the most accurate in the league, making throwing the ball down the field a much less risk play than letting our RB run it on FD.

(09-20-2019, 09:30 PM)jon2005 Wrote: Titans got a lot of garbage stats in the second half.

Because our offense was sidelined by a lame scheme. Didn’t help our defense was out on the field most of the game.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:38 PM by mikesez.)

Yeah 42% is outrageous.
If we could just knock that down to about 41%, I think we'd be golden.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Been this way since the bologna man took over, but it’s a terrible idea to go with Coughlin. There really isn’t much options, kind of have to ride out the season or go with DeFlippo.

Wow, incredible new and insightful topic for your first thread! Good job rook!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Maybe you’re right veteran. Just can’t imagine it being worst, considering what a phenomenal offensive mind TC possess.

Josh McDaniels would be awesome! Love to see him get another shot at being a head coach. He built a super bowl team in Denver. And Elway came in and just dashed what would have been a phenomenal coaching career IMO if they just let McDaniels play out the hand he put together. What he and Brady did, well he has a perfect candidate to run the exact same scheme with Minshew at the helm IMO!

(09-20-2019, 09:51 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Maybe you’re right veteran. Just can’t imagine it being worst, considering what a phenomenal offensive mind TC possess.

Josh McDaniels would be awesome! Love to see him get another shot at being a head coach. He built a super bowl team in Denver. And Elway came in and just dashed what would have been a phenomenal coaching career IMO if they just let McDaniels play out the hand he put together. What he and Brady did, well he has a perfect candidate to run the exact same scheme with Minshew at the helm IMO!

The Colts would like to talk with you...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-20-2019, 09:51 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: Maybe you’re right veteran. Just can’t imagine it being worst, considering what a phenomenal offensive mind TC possess.

Sunday night we'll be tied for the division lead. Maybe we just watch what happens, eh?

And some advice, there's already a Fire Doug Marrone thread where this could've gone. Just because a thought is new to you doesn't mean it's new to the Board.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Guess he didn’t feel LUCKy there. Thank God LOL. I imagine him relishing a take over of a team with such a stellar prospect as Minshew. Especially given how this team is in a phenomenal rebuilding status. Pieces are in place, we were a sleeper team heading into the season with Foles at the helm.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 10:06 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

As many times that we get screwed over by the refs, I ain’t gonna feel sorry for a table turn. I think the playcalling in the Houston game was atrocious. But I do feel that they opened up with Minshew a bit more yesterday. I think we need a coaching staff change, but Flip just got here, so I’m willing to give him some more time..
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

There's the JagsBch we're used to.. Now we just need TMD back for a double dose..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I took a break from the NFL after Tebow was denied after taking a 1-4 team to beat the Steelers in the playoffs. Between that and the refs and the Anti-QB JDR came to Denver to haunt me after I fair weathered my butt over there. I left the Dolphins when the Jags got in town. So it was like a second divorce. I’m on my third now. Guess I’m revisiting an ex trying to make some progress. Lmao

Wow, that's unfortunate, Jagsbch. You're going to miss a hell of a ride.

Regardless of what happens next, if Minshew really is a franchise quarterback, we can have sustainable success - something this franchise hasn't had since its early inception. We can build around Minshew. Whether it's with Marrone or another HC, teams with good QBs can win consistently.

I was sharing the ride! Jags is the ex I’m revisiting!

I saw Minshew in preseason. Took my boy to both games. That’s when I fell in love with the Jags again! Watching Minshew’s composure in the pocket like he had something to prove. His ability to check down to his fourth and fifth receiver. Taking hits for being too composed. Being unfazed unintimidated. I couldn’t stop raving about him. Then when he started I got into a research frenzy on how he left Troy to start at three different other colleges. Goes from a community college to being an NFL starter. This kid has tremendous faith, intellect and a quality demeanor that just blows me away. I’m hooked on the Jags again, make no mistake about it!

After all these years you still post pure garbage.

BTW you have big competition now, look out for JNev and Jagfanatic24

I want to say something,but i can't right now,i have to save it for my epic video. all i can say until then is this Jags won beat the titans just be happy we beat the titans.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(09-20-2019, 09:35 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: We had four penalties last week. Try again.

Bad blocking could be the result of an offensive line having to face a stacked box 42% of the plays thanks to an ultra conservative scheme. Jags are not throwing it downfield over the LBs nearly enough to spread this defense out.

This inept scheme IMO is also having an ill effect of the continuity of the passing game IMO. We have a QB who is one of the most accurate in the league, making throwing the ball down the field a much less risk play than letting our RB run it on FD.

(09-20-2019, 09:30 PM)jon2005 Wrote: Titans got a lot of garbage stats in the second half.

Because our offense was sidelined by a lame scheme. Didn’t help our defense was out on the field most of the game.

But for Westbrook's drop, this "inept scheme" would have given Minshew 3 TD passes against TN.

This "inept scheme" jas enabled a rookie to have a 73.9 completion percentage, a 5-1 TD-INT ratio, and a 7.9 yards/attempt.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!