Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-15-2019, 09:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Its a game of replacement for us. We keep the guys who want to stay, and the others we trade/let go. Belichek does this all the time, and we can too. Yeah we don't have Brady, but eventually we will get a good QB and when we do we will be in good shape.

We are a small market team, guys won't automatically want to play for us. The draft is the primary way we can improve, FA is generally not our thing. I completely support trying to draft our way into contention, buying our way hasn't worked out for us. At least we draft good enough now that we can get picks for our players.
The distinctions are numerous.

The Patriots have won SIX Super Bowls and lost THREE others.

They have no trouble attracting just about any free agent they want.

They accumulated talented as hell players during that time, including those deemed malcontents like COrey Dillon, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib and Darelle Revis.

They haven't had a long history of botching draft picks the way the Jaguars have.
We have none of that going for us.

Just two seasons agi we were <3 minutes away from reaching the Super Bowl.

Now we are rebuilding-AGAIN!

We have a much more talented baseline than we did last time for the rebuild. We are exactly the kind of team now that can bounce back to payoff contender quickly, especially if we get some good play from the QB position. I don't think this compares to our previous rebuilds at all other than in 2003 when Coughlin left.

The last first round pick we botched was Bortles, and even he is a decent backup/journeyman QB at least. Its different times now.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 09:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wow! I just got home and saw this when I turned on my computer. Great deal for us. More than what many of us expected. That additional 4th round pick sent it over the edge. I love it. Headache gone and we are now in position to fill some very important needs. I don't say this very often, but great job by the front office.

Ok old man.

(10-15-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:05 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/1184...75328?s=21

Dont let NYCjags see this.  He thought he had a good game that game lol.  I wish he would of showed the plays he gave up in the Ten game too.

Don't get it twisted, Jalen is very good. Elite? Maybe in today's NFL.. But he is no Revis, he isn't Deion(as bad as he wants to be) and he gives up a decent amount of plays vs good WR's. 

Doesn't Wade Phillips play a lot of zone too? LOL!

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team isn't rebuilding again. They're going to either build around Minshew [If he starts winning for this team starting against the Bengals] or Foles if Minshew falters.

Defensively they're young still and can add in some areas. Offensively they're also relatively young still and can stand to add some protection and chain movers at the TE position.

I think in about 3 years this trade will look damn good for this team and subpar for the Rams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree, the odds are in our favor that we will come out ahead in this.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Man I hope the FO publicly unloads on his soft [BLEEP].
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

[Image: bye-felicia.jpg]

Karma says Goff goes down with a season ender this weekend and BB5 gets to take contol!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-15-2019, 09:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Man I hope the FO publicly unloads on his soft [BLEEP].

The petty part of me wants this. But I would totally settle for a Coughlin 'he didn't fit what we are trying to do' line. Preferably followup'd with 'winning.'

They better use those first rounders to build an offensive line. No more patch work at the oline. And draft a Middle linebacker as well. The old type that can stop.the run.

(10-15-2019, 09:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:03 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So what's the purpose of drafting good-great players?

Do we automatically resign ourselves as a team to trade away good to great players?

Is 5 years unrealistic for a Jaguars' player who has excelled?

I think we should resign Yan even if the deal is a little sweeter than the FO wants to pay.  We should have the reputation of taking care of our own.

Some posters are grieving the loss of Ramsey too much.  This break-up was 80/20 on him.  OTH, the FO could have recognized that he was the exception to the rules and given him a new contract before training camp.  But hindsight is often clearer.  Without relitigating the whole affair, Ramsey is an arrogant, self-centered, disloyal narcissist.  He's a top 5 corner in the league.  But from my perspective, goodbye to a hot trash character guy.

Your opening point is somewhat ironic.  We SHOULD have the rep for taking care of our own, but I can't say we currently enjoy such a reputation.

Yeah...Ramsey bears responsibility for this, but I certainly do not absolve TC for his role in this.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-15-2019, 09:15 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:08 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Its a game of replacement for us. We keep the guys who want to stay, and the others we trade/let go. Belichek does this all the time, and we can too. Yeah we don't have Brady, but eventually we will get a good QB and when we do we will be in good shape.

We are a small market team, guys won't automatically want to play for us. The draft is the primary way we can improve, FA is generally not our thing. I completely support trying to draft our way into contention, buying our way hasn't worked out for us. At least we draft good enough now that we can get picks for our players.
The distinctions are numerous.

The Patriots have won SIX Super Bowls and lost THREE others just in the Belichick era.

They have no trouble attracting just about any free agent they want.

They accumulated talented as hell players during that time, including those deemed malcontents like COrey Dillon, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib and Darelle Revis.

They haven't had a long history of botching draft picks the way the Jaguars have.
We have none of that going for us.

Just two seasons agi we were <3 minutes away from reaching the Super Bowl.

Now we are rebuilding-AGAIN!

Shaking my head in dismay.

I seldom see you overreact.  We are not rebuilding just because Ramsey got shipped.  Good/great teams are not build around cornerbacks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The team will only go as far as the quality of the offensive line.

(10-15-2019, 08:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:09 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Good decision to trade him. Kind of disappointed it wasn't to the Eagles with Goedert as part of the deal, but having two 1st rounders in consecutive years will help greatly. Now, it will be fun to pull against the Rams every week. With Herndon as our starting corner to go along with other weaknesses, the Jags are likely to have another top 10 pick in next year's draft. This should secure them a replacement for Ramsay since there are 3 or 4 top-notch corners in this draft class.
I don't think they'll reach on a CB next year. Can land a decent one early in RD2. I hope they trade down to be honest and build draft picks up in each draft over as many as years as possible.

Flip 1's and pick up future 1's and 3's while picking up 2's, etc. There's always a team looking to move up for a splash player every year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is supposed to be one of the better CB classes to come out in a few years. I could see us taking an O-Lineman and a CB in round 1 and maybe a NT to replace Dareus in round 2.

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dont let NYCjags see this.  He thought he had a good game that game lol.  I wish he would of showed the plays he gave up in the Ten game too.

Don't get it twisted, Jalen is very good. Elite? Maybe in today's NFL.. But he is no Revis, he isn't Deion(as bad as he wants to be) and he gives up a decent amount of plays vs good WR's. 

Doesn't Wade Phillips play a lot of zone too? LOL!

He mixes it up I never said Jalen isnt good but he is overrated because of his mouth .  Bouye is just as good imo and he has proved it when healthy

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 09:27 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(10-15-2019, 09:21 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Man I hope the FO publicly unloads on his soft [BLEEP].

Its a good dream, but they won't. They are pro's, you are more likely to get a response from players, after all they are the ones he ultimately quit on and threw under the bus. 

- To the one's thinking we are rebuilding... Not so fast. We match up well with Indy and swept them last year. We have 2 winnable games followed by a London game where we have a solid traveling advantage. We also have a solid rookie QB who is growing. If that Saints performance is "bad" for our rookie, I would take that over some of the "bad" performances we saw out of our last drafted QB. 

Herndon is raw, and young, but he has improved, and all we need is him to be serviceable. We still have a great front 7 when they are playing well.  

This team is still very capable of 9 wins and a playoff spot in a weak conference this year.

Ramsey has earned respect for his ability to shut down top receivers. His intensity is contagious. But he lacks one important part- heart. Heart for team above self. A team is more valuable than the sum of its parts and truly great players measure their success by how far they got together. Not as individuals. I am saddened Jalen chose to leave the team. Hopefully the team can find a way to fill the hole he left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10-15-2019, 08:15 PM)High Octane Wrote: Do you guys think we do anything this season to get a CB? Or do we just play out the year and draft one next year.

I say we ride it out this season and draft a cover corner.

(10-15-2019, 09:09 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...56769?s=19

Fournette is the biggest most sarcastic jokester on the team. I’m sure after last night he’s just torn to pieces. Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-15-2019, 09:26 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: Ramsey has earned respect for his ability to shut down top receivers. His intensity is contagious.  But he lacks one important part- heart. Heart for team above self. A team is more valuable than the sum of its parts and truly great players measure their success by how far they got together. Not as individuals.  I am saddened Jalen chose to leave the team.  Hopefully the team can find a way to fill the hole he left behind.

Lol, this ain't no Disney movie. This is the real life big money professional sports.

(10-15-2019, 09:26 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: Ramsey has earned respect for his ability to shut down top receivers. His intensity is contagious.  But he lacks one important part- heart. Heart for team above self. A team is more valuable than the sum of its parts and truly great players measure their success by how far they got together. Not as individuals.  I am saddened Jalen chose to leave the team.  Hopefully the team can find a way to fill the hole he left behind.

This team doesn't need to fill the [BLEEP] hole.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 09:30 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(10-15-2019, 09:25 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:

Its a good dream, but they won't. They are pro's, you are more likely to get a response from players, after all they are the ones he ultimately quit on and threw under the bus. 

- To the one's thinking we are rebuilding... Not so fast. We match up well with Indy and swept them last year. We have 2 winnable games followed by a London game where we have a solid traveling advantage. We also have a solid rookie QB who is growing. If that Saints performance is "bad" for our rookie, I would take that over some of the "bad" performances we saw out of our last drafted QB. 

Herndon is raw, and young, but he has improved, and all we need is him to be serviceable. We still have a great front 7 when they are playing well.  

This team is still very capable of 9 wins and a playoff spot in a weak conference this year.
Capable of 9 wins? Yes. Do I really think they will tho? Nope. This feels like a 6-7 win team to me. They will probably win over the next two weeks against weak competition making us excited, but will then get beaten by Texans and Colts. Thats just too classic a jags scenario for me to believe it won't play out.