Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:17 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Wow! I just got home and saw this when I turned on my computer. Great deal for us. More than what many of us expected. That additional 4th round pick sent it over the edge. I love it. Headache gone and we are now in position to fill some very important needs. I don't say this very often, but great job by the front office.

Ok old man.

I'm still waiting on the pigeon-carrier to deliver the news

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 09:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:13 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I think we should resign Yan even if the deal is a little sweeter than the FO wants to pay.  We should have the reputation of taking care of our own.

Some posters are grieving the loss of Ramsey too much.  This break-up was 80/20 on him.  OTH, the FO could have recognized that he was the exception to the rules and given him a new contract before training camp.  But hindsight is often clearer.  Without relitigating the whole affair, Ramsey is an arrogant, self-centered, disloyal narcissist.  He's a top 5 corner in the league.  But from my perspective, goodbye to a hot trash character guy.

Your opening point is somewhat ironic.  We SHOULD have the rep for taking care of our own, but I can't say we currently enjoy such a reputation.

Yeah...Ramsey bears responsibility for this, but I certainly do not absolve TC for his role in this.

Other than not successfully resigning Yan at this point, and leaving a Ramsey deal to the side because it WAS a year early, who else have we not taken care of?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(10-15-2019, 07:58 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: For  those keeping count, 4 of Caldwells 7 first round picks are no longer on the roster

Yea and a good portion of his 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,  round picks are starting and playing like first rounders

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team isn't rebuilding again. They're going to either build around Minshew [If he starts winning for this team starting against the Bengals] or Foles if Minshew falters.

Defensively they're young still and can add in some areas. Offensively they're also relatively young still and can stand to add some protection and chain movers at the TE position.

I think in about 3 years this trade will look damn good for this team and subpar for the Rams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I agree. We have some good pieces in place and lots of prime choices to add more.  It sure is nice to not have to worry about QB for awhile.

(10-15-2019, 09:22 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Karma says Goff goes down with a season ender this weekend and BB5 gets to take contol!

I like it!  They finish 5-11, good for the 6th overall pick.  Thank you Jalen.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

The Jags defense was reborn tonight folks. Free from the burden that was sweet Jalen. Free of the "Team mate" that called them all losers. They shall flourish for the rest of the season leading the team to a 11-5 record and a home playoff game.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-15-2019, 09:29 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:25 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Its a good dream, but they won't. They are pro's, you are more likely to get a response from players, after all they are the ones he ultimately quit on and threw under the bus. 

- To the one's thinking we are rebuilding... Not so fast. We match up well with Indy and swept them last year. We have 2 winnable games followed by a London game where we have a solid traveling advantage. We also have a solid rookie QB who is growing. If that Saints performance is "bad" for our rookie, I would take that over some of the "bad" performances we saw out of our last drafted QB. 

Herndon is raw, and young, but he has improved, and all we need is him to be serviceable. We still have a great front 7 when they are playing well.  

This team is still very capable of 9 wins and a playoff spot in a weak conference this year.
Capable of 9 wins? Yes. Do I really think they will tho? Nope. This feels like a 6-7 win team to me. They will probably win over the next two weeks against weak competition making us excited, but will then get beaten by Texans and Colts. Thats just too classic a jags scenario for me to believe it won't play out.

Meh. I think they split with both Houston, Indy and sweep the Titans, they aren't good this year. That is 3 more wins plus the next 2 are winnable. That has us at 7 wins with Foles back and we play the Falcons, that is 8. So, we need to upset 1 team this year and there is your 9 wins.

(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team isn't rebuilding again. They're going to either build around Minshew [If he starts winning for this team starting against the Bengals] or Foles if Minshew falters.

Defensively they're young still and can add in some areas. Offensively they're also relatively young still and can stand to add some protection and chain movers at the TE position.

I think in about 3 years this trade will look damn good for this team and subpar for the Rams.

NOT rebuilding?

Let's start with the defense.

Calais Campbell will be 34 next year and has a high cap figure. 

Dareus will be 30 next year and has a higher cap figure.

Ramsey is now gone, and we''ll need to replace him with a high quality CB.

Who knows if Ngakoue will be here?

Right off the bat, we are looking at a minimum of four players we will realistically need to replace within the next year or two, and that says nothing of possible failures at both S positions, to say nothing of what you might think of Jack and Williams.

The offense is in need of quality linemen and playmakers.

We have no TE.  After an interesting start, Conley has disappeared from the offense.  While he's still young, Jawaan Taylor's performance has been concerning to say the least.  Nobody is truly happy with Cann.  Linder has never played a complete season.  Few seem happy with Robinson, and most view Norwell as a disappointment at best..

All of this assumes we keep the same schemes.

If the team does not win, Khan has given indication that he will clean house, and who knows what the personnel requirements will be with a new coach?

If the new coach doesn't like Foles or Minshew, you could add QB to the list.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just want to thank the front office for robbing the Rams of all those picks.  It was a steal of picks and even the Rams fans are hating it. Got rid of the cancer and one of the most overrated players in the league, Good job front office

I just hope his new team mates are as good to him as he was to his former teammates.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-15-2019, 09:37 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:29 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Capable of 9 wins? Yes. Do I really think they will tho? Nope. This feels like a 6-7 win team to me. They will probably win over the next two weeks against weak competition making us excited, but will then get beaten by Texans and Colts. Thats just too classic a jags scenario for me to believe it won't play out.

Meh. I think they split with both Houston, Indy and sweep the Titans, they aren't good this year. That is 3 more wins plus the next 2 are winnable. That has us at 7 wins with Foles back and we play the Falcons, that is 8. So, we need to upset 1 team this year and there is your 9 wins.

Indy and Houston are both good. We have matched up well with Indy in the past, but they weren't as good as they are now. Ironically Luck left the best Colts team he would have had. I feel better about Houston, but I could totally see Hopkins tearing us up. He was one guy Ramsey really did help with.

So while I can see your scenario, and I agree the Falcons look like a gimme, I still feel we are not a 9 win team. But our schedule is soft, so who knows.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(10-15-2019, 09:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I agree. We have some good pieces in place and lots of prime choices to add more.  It sure is nice to not have to worry about QB for awhile.

Lots of prime choices?!?

Counting first round picks over the next two years, that's four players.

Two of those picks may not be particularly high.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-15-2019, 09:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: NOT rebuilding?

Right off the bat, we are looking at a minimum of four players we will realistically need to replace within the next year or two, and that says nothing of possible failures at both S positions, to say nothing of what you might think of Jack and Williams.

We have no TE.  After an interesting start, Conley has disappeared from the offense.  While he's still young, Jawaan Taylor's performance has been concerning to say the least.  Nobody is truly happy with Cann.  Linder has never played a complete season.  Few seem happy with Robinson, and most view Norwell as a disappointment at best..

If the team does not win, Khan has given indication that he will clean house, and who knows what the personnel requirements will be with a new coach?

Whoa, so really with all this going on the loss of Ramsey isn't really all that much of a factor then. At least we got that going for us. Seems we were screwed every which way but loose anyhow. Wallbash
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-15-2019, 09:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

NOT rebuilding?

https://youtu.be/SrYkeXNYOG8

NOT rebuilding?

Exactly Bullseye. The problem is letting Ramsey and Yannick contracts get to this stage. It starts to affect the on field.

And like you point out, there arent many positions that we are genuinely in the top 10 in the league. We need so many things to go right and break our way on player development.

With that draft capital Khan may think that gives a new HC/FO something to build with.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2019, 09:47 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

NOT rebuilding?

I think Taylor needs another year before you really judge him. Robinson could be better, but I think if you draft a better LT and slide him to guard that could solve 2 problems at once. Norwell is getting cut.

Ngakoue is already getting replaced by Allen, and Smoot isn't looking bad either. Campbell is still good for rotation despite the age, and DL can go longer in the 30's then other positions so ditto for Dareus. I am not worried about him. Plus we have Bryan on the shelf who is starting to show some flashes as well.

CB is definitely a need, but the upcoming class is good. I think we are closer than you think. A good O-linemen plus a CB and the rebuild is near complete.

I agree on TE, but I feel that is more of a 'want' than a need. We just need a guy who blocks good and can catch occasionally and we are fine. No high draft pick required.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

NOT rebuilding?

haha, well good thing we got rid of him and got all those picks since we are in rebuild mode.  

Overreacting much?  hahaha Laughing

One would of thought we just lost Prime or Champ Bailey lol

NOT rebuilding?

And keeping Ramsey fixes what exactly?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think you will see this week that Ramsey was a distraction and our team plays it's best game of the year, Bengals or not

I can't wait to watch how this franchise continues to [BLEEP] everything up, like they always do.

And It's official.. The distraction is gone right guys? So now this team has no business losing another game going forward.