Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

This season has been a kick in the but. It is so odd to get to this place with an elite player. Thanks to the poster that gave us the Brant review starting with the KC game. Ramsey pulling out of making a tackle on a TD play sure was a telling start with the gift of hindsight.

These draft picks won't replace his talent that is for sure and it is unfortunate overall. I really hope we can do something with them to shore up our team with value. Overall we have had okay drafts but I really hope we can step it up a little and work the value harder.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2019, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote: The three picks represent, assuming picking up the 5th year option on the firsts, 14 years of inexpensive players.

Ramsey would be whatever you say- 3 more years of exorbitant cost? 4 more years?

Agree !!

(10-16-2019, 09:49 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Oehser's latest O-Zone column is very telling.  I think a lot of people in the building are glad that he's finally gone.

Well the kid was a whiny little [BLEEP] who wasn't getting what he wanted. Can't say for certain but willing to bet that he was also bringing morale down around the building as well.. Sometimes when the wound is serious enough, you have to amputate..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-16-2019, 09:17 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you think it's HIS fault?!?

Yes, that will be an interesting comparison.

My hunch is it is doubtful the Jaguars will draft an equal or better talent with the picks acquired from the Rams.

Exactly.  This is why I think any fan should be looking at this as a Time of morning.  You don't trade a winning Lottery ticket for 10k blank tickets for the next draw.  The overwhelming odds are you just traded away millions of dollars for worthless pieces of paper.  In the Case of Ramsey you're talking about a billion dollar powerball jackpot.  Since this teams inception we have had what 170ish draft picks.  Have we ever drafted a better defender than Him?  One could argue he's one of the most unique defensive backs to ever play the game with his mixture of coverage and striking ability.  10 years @ corner and another 4 or 5 @ free Safety just walked out the door, but that's okay because Todd Wash is going to run some 4d chess version of Cover 3?  Deandre Hopkins is laughing @ us.  We may very well have surrendered any competitive advantage in this division away for the next half decade, and it was a decision made by an 80 year old man who probably won't be here next year. 

& you're also right about the cap situation.  You can't have a Nose Tackle on premium money, you can't have a 5 Technique end @ 34 on premium money and for some reason now we have a middle linebacker who never made a pro-bowl who misses run fits that got paid before the best player to ever walk into a defensive meeting room.  This might just be one of the worst allocations of resources I've ever seen.

At the end of the day- that lottery ticket didn’t have our name on it..We bought it and when we went to redeem it, it was in someone else’s name. 

He didn’t want to be here. He refused to play. He was a lottery win for sure, but that lottery win didn’t cause a winning season last season. Cornerback is important, but offense is where it’s at in this league. That is where we really need our lotto wins. 

The special players lift teams to their level and win no matter what. Ramsey wasn’t that guy. He played for himself. He didn’t lift anyone.

Reading O-Zone, Oesher essentially is saying that he doesn't believe the back injury is/was real.

(10-16-2019, 10:08 AM)rocdee Wrote: Reading O-Zone, Oesher essentially is saying that he doesn't believe the back injury is/was real.

Did anyone except for a select few?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-16-2019, 09:49 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: Oehser's latest O-Zone column is very telling.  I think a lot of people in the building are glad that he's finally gone.

Indeed.

If they paid him in the offseason, would he still be here?

Probably, but mainly because you couldn’t have traded him because of the newly-signed contract. The bigger question is how long would a new contract have kept Ramsey happy? For a few months, maybe. But the next time the defensive coordinator called a defense he didn’t like, or the next time a higher-up said something he didn’t like? What then?

(10-16-2019, 10:08 AM)rocdee Wrote: Reading O-Zone, Oesher essentially is saying that he doesn't believe the back injury is/was real.

No one thought it was real.

Ah well.. now he gets to play zone in a town where everyone is a narcissist competing for attention... on the same deal he had with us.. for two years... because the Rams can't afford to pay him.

(10-16-2019, 09:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Good to know that I could slap and spit into some of your faces and you would still like me if I could play CB at a high level . Even if I was faking an injury to not play for your team. Boy, some of you are as sweet as sweet jalen is. That is very nice of y'all.
You're so emotional lol

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 10:18 AM by Jagwired.)

Was at the airport last night. I saw Karma getting on a Red-eye to L.A. It looked pissed and was tearing up a Ramsey jersey.

(10-16-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Good to know that I could slap and spit into some of your faces and you would still like me if I could play CB at a high level . Even if I was faking an injury to not play for your team. Boy, some of you are as sweet as sweet jalen is. That is very nice of y'all.
You're so emotional lol
Speak of the devil. Buuuwwwwwaaaaa. Laughing

Cleatwood's new motto. "Thank you sir may I have another!!"

They are waiting for your input on the Rams boards. Shouldn't you be moving along now? Laughing
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

The sarcasm is heavy in this response.

Quote:You said Jalen has a serious back injury. Wanna bet lunch? I got he plays this Sunday.

I also agree that Ramsey probably will play Sunday. Considering the seriousness of his back injury – i.e., considering that it kept this player from playing the game he loves with his teammates that he loves so much – I can only consider this one of the great miracles of modern medicine. They may write journal articles and perhaps books on this someday. I can’t wait to read it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The primary takeaway is this. We don't know what transpired between Jalen Ramsey, Tom Coughlin & David Caldwell during the off season. We do know that he had a moment with Doug Marrone on the sideline back in week two and from that point forward it seemed like Dough Marrone had already moved beyond that and accepted it for what it was. Maybe Jalen Ramsey was told to be more professional. And it rubbed him the wrong way. We won't know for awhile more than likely. 

Jalen Ramsey then goes onto draw out his back injury, which he was medically cleared for a week ago and he chose to draw it out further. This is after Shad Khan publicly came out and supported the kid. Willing to put his money where his mouth was. Shad Khan then publicly states he felt Jalen Ramsey would have been playing against the Saints. That didn't happen. 

You can finger point at this person or that person. But it ultimately fell on the fact that Jalen Ramsey was no longer interested in suiting up for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was only interested in getting out of here one way or another. It worked for him. The Jaguars had to do what was best for them. Gaining a pair of first round pick's for next year's draft and 2021's draft and avoiding a tremendous cap hit at a position that would have cost them more down the road roster wise. 

We all knew this was going to be the outcome. And instead of being a fan of one PLAYER we should all be fans of one TEAM. Doesn't matter anymore. The trade is over with and done. And this is exactly what the player wanted. I will not say that this front office doesn't deserve some of the heat for causing some of this friction. But to say that Jalen Ramsey didn't play a role in all of this is also way out of bounds. Because he did. If anything, he went more out of his way to hurt his teammates than the front office did. 

Ngakoue can still be extended at some point. We don't know if they're going to cut ties with Dareus and Campbell after this year is over. That's all anyone's guess. But I also don't feel like this team is in rebuild mode. This isn't four years ago where the team was getting blown the [BLEEP] out by 21+ points per game. They were in two competitive games against two competitive NFC teams that have better rosters overall with more experienced coaches primed to get them into a Superbowl game this year. 

This team has shown a lot of [BLEEP] moxie in spite of losing Foles within a few offensive series on offense, Ramsey being a baby back [BLEEP] about his situation here, Smith getting his "life in order" in the off season after being awarded a nice contract the year before along with a new offensive coordinator in place and a 6th RD rookie QB trying to do his best out there. 

All I see on here is doom and gloom from posters who are normally pretty damn open minded and positive. But to freak out this much over this me, me, me and I, I, I diva at the CB position is truly dumbfounding. It's a team ladies and gentleman. If you want to root for just the players then stick to Fantasy Football. We'll be fine with or without divas like Jalen Ramsey. And we'll certainly be fine with or without his jockey riders on here. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-16-2019, 09:46 AM)Jagwired Wrote: O'Zone today. Sweet Jalen getting burned.

Tom from St. Augustine, FL

You said Jalen has a serious back injury. Wanna bet lunch? I got he plays this Sunday.

I also agree that Ramsey probably will play Sunday. Considering the seriousness of his back injury – i.e., considering that it kept this player from playing the game he loves with his teammates that he loves so much – I can only consider this one of the great miracles of modern medicine. They may write journal articles and perhaps books on this someday. I can’t wait to read it

I'm confused.  He was a gametime decision this week which typically means he will more than likely play the following week.  WTH is he talking about? Of course he plays next week which he was going to if he stayed here as well.  Are people just that stuck up the "behind" that they make this stuff up to feel better?  Don't be dumb while trying to pick on someone else.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Really hope the poor guy passes the physical and is able to get to his safe place.

(10-16-2019, 10:24 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

You said Jalen has a serious back injury. Wanna bet lunch? I got he plays this Sunday.

I also agree that Ramsey probably will play Sunday. Considering the seriousness of his back injury – i.e., considering that it kept this player from playing the game he loves with his teammates that he loves so much – I can only consider this one of the great miracles of modern medicine. They may write journal articles and perhaps books on this someday. I can’t wait to read it

I'm confused.  He was a gametime decision this week which typically means he will more than likely play the following week.  WTH is he talking about? Of course he plays next week which he was going to if he stayed here as well.  Are people just that stuck up the "behind" that they make this stuff up to feel better?  Don't be dumb while trying to pick on someone else.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 10:43 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(10-16-2019, 10:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The primary takeaway is this. We don't know what transpired between Jalen Ramsey, Tom Coughlin & David Caldwell during the off season. We do know that he had a moment with Doug Marrone on the sideline back in week two and from that point forward it seemed like Dough Marrone had already moved beyond that and accepted it for what it was. Maybe Jalen Ramsey was told to be more professional. And it rubbed him the wrong way. We won't know for awhile more than likely. 

Jalen Ramsey then goes onto draw out his back injury, which he was medically cleared for a week ago and he chose to draw it out further. This is after Shad Khan publicly came out and supported the kid. Willing to put his money where his mouth was. Shad Khan then publicly states he felt Jalen Ramsey would have been playing against the Saints. That didn't happen. 

You can finger point at this person or that person. But it ultimately fell on the fact that Jalen Ramsey was no longer interested in suiting up for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He was only interested in getting out of here one way or another. It worked for him. The Jaguars had to do what was best for them. Gaining a pair of first round pick's for next year's draft and 2021's draft and avoiding a tremendous cap hit at a position that would have cost them more down the road roster wise. 

We all knew this was going to be the outcome. And instead of being a fan of one PLAYER we should all be fans of one TEAM. Doesn't matter anymore. The trade is over with and done. And this is exactly what the player wanted. I will not say that this front office doesn't deserve some of the heat for causing some of this friction. But to say that Jalen Ramsey didn't play a role in all of this is also way out of bounds. Because he did. If anything, he went more out of his way to hurt his teammates than the front office did. 

Ngakoue can still be extended at some point. We don't know if they're going to cut ties with Dareus and Campbell after this year is over. That's all anyone's guess. But I also don't feel like this team is in rebuild mode. This isn't four years ago where the team was getting blown the [BLEEP] out by 21+ points per game. They were in two competitive games against two competitive NFC teams that have better rosters overall with more experienced coaches primed to get them into a Superbowl game this year. 

This team has shown a lot of [BLEEP] moxie in spite of losing Foles within a few offensive series on offense, Ramsey being a baby back [BLEEP] about his situation here, Smith getting his "life in order" in the off season after being awarded a nice contract the year before along with a new offensive coordinator in place and a 6th RD rookie QB trying to do his best out there. 

All I see on here is doom and gloom from posters who are normally pretty damn open minded and positive. But to freak out this much over this me, me, me and I, I, I diva at the CB position is truly dumbfounding. It's a team ladies and gentleman. If you want to root for just the players then stick to Fantasy Football. We'll be fine with or without divas like Jalen Ramsey. And we'll certainly be fine with or without his jockey riders on here. 

I would understand all of this if i knew you had inside connections that were letting you know the facts.  The real fact is you have zero idea and are speculating about what caused the situation and the outcome that followed it.  This FO has shown us that it has little to no idea about what to do with ascending talent and the FA acquisitions from other teams are the best thing going for them.  Giving them draft capital is a slap in the face when the one player that was actually a win for them just got traded away.  Thats like defending the captain of the titanic while the ship is clearly sinking. 

1. We dont know what the staff will be 
2. We know we are in cap hell unless we release some players 
3. We will then have more holes to fill
4. We arent that great at 1st round drafting
5. We only have late round hope if we even get a decent player
6. We paid for a QB who didnt prove anything more than a few streaky wins that got him a ring on a talented team
7. We have to sure up the line, TE, and RB positions

I mean you can say we arent in rebuild mode but i beg to differ.  We can ride this wave of mediocrity and hope for the best, but unless we hit on these picks in the future we are screwed.  I'm happy you felt the need to say screw the fan base that doesn't agree with you while also bashing a player for doing the same thing to the team.  Shows true intelligence.

(10-16-2019, 10:26 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:24 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I'm confused.  He was a gametime decision this week which typically means he will more than likely play the following week.  WTH is he talking about? Of course he plays next week which he was going to if he stayed here as well.  Are people just that stuck up the "behind" that they make this stuff up to feel better?  Don't be dumb while trying to pick on someone else.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
You must have connections as well with inside information.  Please share.
Season Tix, Section 409

(10-16-2019, 10:24 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:

You honestly still believe this?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-16-2019, 10:37 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:23 AM)Caldrac Wrote: The primary takeaway is this. We don't know what transpired between Jalen Ramsey, Tom Coughlin & David Caldwell during the off season. We do know that he had a moment with Doug Marrone on the sideline back in week two and from that point forward it seemed like Dough Marrone had already moved beyond that and accepted it for what it was. Maybe Jalen Ramsey was told to be more professional. And it rubbed him the wrong way. We won't know for awhile more than likely. 

I would understand all of this if i knew you had inside connections that were letting you know the facts.  The real fact is you have zero idea and are speculating about what caused the situation and the outcome that followed it.  This FO has shown us that it has little to no idea about what to do with ascending talent and the FA acquisitions from other teams are the best thing going for them.  Giving them draft capital is a slap in the face when the one player that was actually a win for them just got traded away.  Thats like defending the captain of the titanic while the ship is clearly sinking.  We dont know,....

1. What the staff will be 
6. We paid for a QB who didnt prove anything more than a few streaky wins that got him a ring on a talented team

I mean you can say we arent in rebuild mode but i beg to differ.  We can ride this wave of mediocrity and hope for the best, but unless we hit on these picks in the future we are screwed.  I'm happy you felt the need to say screw the fan base that doesn't agree with you while also bashing a player for doing the same thing to the team.  Shows true intelligence.

(10-16-2019, 10:26 AM)Rico Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL.  I have connections?  You're the one that predicted he would play if he was here.  He's done nothing of the sort to indicate he would.  At least I have prior actions to go on, where as you're just flat-out dreaming.  Here's a big news flash for you.  He isn't hurt.  Anyone that can't see that is truly clueless.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(10-16-2019, 10:40 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:24 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I'm confused.  He was a gametime decision this week which typically means he will more than likely play the following week.  WTH is he talking about? Of course he plays next week which he was going to if he stayed here as well.  Are people just that stuck up the "behind" that they make this stuff up to feel better?  Don't be dumb while trying to pick on someone else.

You honestly still believe this?

He's honestly very naive... or stupid.. but I don't want to insult his very meager intelligence.

(10-16-2019, 10:40 AM)Rico Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:37 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I would understand all of this if i knew you had inside connections that were letting you know the facts.  The real fact is you have zero idea and are speculating about what caused the situation and the outcome that followed it.  This FO has shown us that it has little to no idea about what to do with ascending talent and the FA acquisitions from other teams are the best thing going for them.  Giving them draft capital is a slap in the face when the one player that was actually a win for them just got traded away.  Thats like defending the captain of the titanic while the ship is clearly sinking.  We dont know,....

1. What the staff will be 

LOL.  I have connections?  You're the one that predicted he would play if he was here.  He's done nothing of the sort to indicate he would.  At least I have prior actions to go on, where as you're just flat-out dreaming.  Here's a big news flash for you.  He isn't hurt.  Anyone that can't see that is truly clueless.

So the players make the decision on whether they suit up or not and not the coaches.  Got it.  I guess all of that listening to the trainers talk is just fluff for the media when they sit out players that are clearly ready to come back and say so themselves only to have the medical staff say hold them out.
Season Tix, Section 409