Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

Marrone is being treated unfairly. 

Caldwell and TC should both be out there taking questions about this trade, not Doug. 

Especially TC, he needs to explain [BLEEP] went down

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 01:16 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(10-16-2019, 01:11 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Marrone is being treated unfairly. 

Caldwell and TC should both be out there taking questions about this trade, not Doug. 

Man, Ramsey is going to get owned by every WR he faces now that they all know he's sensitive.

And they'll just be spittin facts at him.

Coughlin is on borrowed time. At least Dilla seems to think so. Which is even more frustrating as it pertains to Ramsey who wasn’t willing to be patient. Had he just waited a few months he would’ve been given the keys to the team and city. 

O well.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-16-2019, 11:25 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Marrone seemed frustrated that he's answering questions that really are directed at the front office and not him.

Something that occurred to me is that you don't see GMs make trades like this unless they have assurances that they'll be back to reap the gains of their big trade. Coaches, on the other hand, frequently end up fired after big moves like this deplete the roster and, you know, the team sucks for a couple years. Remember when the Bills wasted a first-round pick on Willis McGahee, knowing he wouldn't be able to contribute for at least a year despite Gregg Williams entering a make-or-break season? How'd that work out for them?

(10-16-2019, 11:26 AM)Mikey Wrote: Caldwell continues to impress with his returns on trades. We got a sixth for a QB who some thought would struggle against some college defenses and had no future with the franchise, a third for a DE in the final year of a deal that we had no intentions of signing, and an absolute haul for a bellyaching DB who didn't want to be here, and may have injury concern, or at the very least, attitude concern. Dave may be the greatest salesman in the league.

Is Coggin hiring?

(10-16-2019, 12:38 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Wow. Oesher bringing it today [/url]
[font=NotoSerif]
Steve from Shreveport, LA
I guess it worked out for both parties, but mostly I am glad it’s over. Let’s move on.
[/font]

[font=NotoSerif]I suppose it worked out for both parties, though I don’t know if you get any real winners from a situation such as this. The Jaguars lost a player whom they treated very well during his time here (remember The Training Camp Paternity Leave and Other Accepted Absences) and who should have been a franchise-defining player for years to come. I suppose Ramsey will feel like he won in the short term, but I wonder how long he will be content at his next stop. I have to say I’m disappointed and a bit surprised with Ramsey’s extreme behavior in recent weeks. I thought for three years he was a young superstar who behaved the way young superstars do, and I thought his behavior – the interviews, the trash-talking, the eye rolling, even the criticism of the coaches – was all stuff that sort of went along with What Young Players Do These Days. But the trade demand in the wake of a reported talking-to by Jaguars Executive Vice President of Football Operations Tom Coughlin … that’s where Ramsey lost me. He had behaved inappropriately on the field that day in Week 2 in Houston; to not expect to have it be firmly discussed by team officials was delusional. And whatever problems he had with the front office … c’mon, enough to demand a trade? Enough to want out two weeks into a season? Enough to abandon midseason these teammates you publicly proclaimed to love? No, I’ve seen a lot of borderline behavior in 25 seasons covering the NFL, but I’ve never seen anything quite so selfish as this. I truly liked Ramsey and truly thought he was more positive than negative during most of his time here, but the behavior of the last few weeks? Nah. It was disappointing, tiring and more than a little sickening.[/font]

Daaaaaaaaamn, if Oehser is teeing off on a Jaguar, current or former, like that, you know that whole building was pissed at Ramsey.

I think Oesher is starting to grow on me a little bit....

(10-16-2019, 01:22 PM)Nikowho Wrote: I think Oesher is starting to grow on me a little bit....

I've been finding him a bit too 'it's all good' lately but daaamn did he bring it today.

As said above, he never goes off on players like that.

(10-16-2019, 11:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 11:52 AM)Last42min Wrote: He'll make that up easily with LA sponsors. There is more money to be made in a big market, regardless of state taxes. I just wanted to address this, because I keep seeing it stated like it's a fact he will lose money, but it isn't.

Also, some of you have an odd way of assessing risk. You can blame the front office for handling Ramsey carelessly, since none of us knows what went down, but after Ramsey failed to play last Sunday, it was clear that it was going to be a net loss. You have to get something in return and the FO did well by sticking to their guns. The team will lose x value at Ramsey's position, but should gain value with the additional picks, plus the ability to retain more of the players that are currently on the roster.

You think so?

I doubt it.

That's a city of stars and he plays cornerback.. he's not even a WR.

LeBron LaVar owns the sports world in that city.

FIXED
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F...r-ball.jpg]

(10-16-2019, 01:18 PM)knarnn Wrote:

Coughlin is on borrowed time. At least Dilla seems to think so. Which is even more frustrating as it pertains to Ramsey who wasn’t willing to be patient. Had he just waited a few months he would’ve been given the keys to the team and city. 

O well.

Ramsey didnt want to be here. It wasn't just Coughlin it wasn't just the money it wasn't just the losing it wasn't just the small market it was all of it together.

If Coughlin never said anything to him it would have been some other excuse to ask for a trade. This has been coming since the second he was announced as the pick, in fact there were some posters here who even said he wouldn't be here after his rookie deal.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(10-16-2019, 01:27 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 11:54 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You think so?

I doubt it.

That's a city of stars and he plays cornerback.. he's not even a WR.

LeBron LaVar owns the sports world in that city.

FIXED
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F...r-ball.jpg]

Yikes!

Halloween came early!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/stat...84001?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-16-2019, 01:56 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/charlesrobinson/stat...84001?s=21

Boils down to Jacksonville at least breaking even at .500 or slinking just over it at 9 - 7 this year. If they don't start winning again soon it'll be a clean sweep next year. Which is unfortunate because I actually like what I have seen this year on offense under Flip and Minshew so far.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

REALLY!!!

Coughlin and Caldwell isn't responsible for Jaylen's actions. 

Discipline is Key to any environment.

Say it isn't so!!!

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:09 PM by JagFan81.)

Boils down to Jacksonville at least breaking even at .500 or slinking just over it at 9 - 7 this year. If they don't start winning again soon it'll be a clean sweep next year. Which is unfortunate because I actually like what I have seen this year on offense under Flip and Minshew so far.

we remain very confident that our team today will compete this season for a division title. Jalen was a productive player, 

This is the big thing for me from Coughlins statement. Nothing has changed expectations wise and this team should be fighting for the South.

And Ramsey was 'productive'?? Ouch.

Look, proof the back injury is real. He cannot even stand up. Buuuwwwaaa!!

[Image: EHA5EGqXkAEUeCW?format=jpg&name=large]
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

They have some fugly uniforms.

Dion already in his ear about not staying with the Rams.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...very-long/
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(10-16-2019, 02:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: They have some fugly uniforms.

I don't mind them. I do like their 1960's uniforms though. Those were cool. I think they bring those out every once in awhile.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-16-2019, 02:13 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Look, proof the back injury is real. He cannot even stand up. Buuuwwwaaa!!

[Image: EHA5EGqXkAEUeCW?format=jpg&name=large]

Damn tho. Donald AND Ramsey. 

RIP Kyler Murray

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:20 PM by Caldrac.)

(10-16-2019, 02:15 PM)Protozoa Wrote: Dion already in his ear about not staying with the Rams.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...very-long/

“One thing is that Jalen is a businessman selfish individual,” Hall of Famer Deion Sanders, who like Ramsey played at Florida State, said on NFL Network. “Secondly, I don’t feel like the Rams are the Rams of old. Thirdly, taxes . . . Taxes in California, the cost of living in California is not feasible to a guy who’s just coming out of Florida. . . I don’t know if this is a situation that’s gonna last over a year. This may be for right now.”

Fixed it for him.