Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

So, looking forward, we have 2 first round picks in 2020 and 2 first round picks in 2021. Plus a 4th in 2021.

So, three questions.

!) Who does Shad Khan want making those picks?
2) Who are the Jaguars right now?
and
3) Are the Jaguars a buyer or a seller at the trade deadline, or will they stand pat?

So far, out of necessity, the Jags have been a seller.
However, this team seems competitive to me.
And I would like to see them make a move.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Man it was worse than how we talked about it around here. I figured they could/would work it out and some of the tales of contract woes that were out there on the internet were overly negative....

well dang it sure looks like the Rams are going to get screwed and honestly couldn't happen to a better owner than Stan. That guy is a tool and major jerk.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(10-16-2019, 02:22 PM)ferocious Wrote: So, looking forward, we have 2 first round picks in 2020 and 2 first round picks in 2021. Plus a 4th in 2021.

So, three questions.

and
3) Are the Jaguars a buyer or a seller at the trade deadline, or will they stand pat?

In Coughlin’s statement today, the division crown is still the goal. We have an open roster spot with Jalen gone now. Perhaps we make a move here?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

@caldrac just finished up reading that post on PFT......Haha ...Boy will they be in for surprise when his back goes out again.
the simple fact that he quickly flew out there and suited up for their upcoming game will make every other GM go Hmmmm.

[Image: 227gx1.jpg]
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

One point that is usually overlooked when comparing the value of players vs picks is the money that will also be tied up in that player.

People have, very reasonably, suggested that the Jags will not be able to find a player of matching value to Jalen with any of the 3 draft picks we received for Jalen. This is very probably true, but the real equation actually has to include the player or players that we can sign with the around 20 mil a year that Jalen would've been looking for. It potentially allows us to go after a high priced free agent, or several good 2nd tier players.

So, the equation is really: Jalen Ramsey / OR / first rounder 2020, first rounder 2021, 4th rounder 2021, High-priced free agent(s)... When you think of it that way there is a very reasonable chance that we can replace or improve on the value that Jalen brought to this team.

When you factor in the uncertainty over Jalen being willing to re-sign, which existed even before the trade request, I think the FO has done a great job getting this haul.

As for the person who compared Jalen to the "winning lottery ticket", that doesn't make any sense. In that context, the winning lottery ticket would mean you are guaranteed to win a superbowl. Having an elite CB (and I completely agree he is elite) does not guarantee anything. We've seen that over the last few years with our team and throughout history with many other teams. You still need to build a complete team.

(10-16-2019, 02:22 PM)ferocious Wrote: So, looking forward, we have 2 first round picks in 2020 and 2 first round picks in 2021. Plus a 4th in 2021.

So, three questions.

and

Stand pat. They lost one score games to the play-off bound Panthers and Saints with a 6th RD rookie QB under center just making his official 4th and 5th starts respectively. Let's see how the rest of the year shakes out. If they start faltering to the likes of the Bengals and Jets we'll have concerns going into 2020. 

If they manage to head into London 4 - 4 they should still stand pat though. Just need to beef up the pass protection and running lanes next year and if Josh Oliver doesn't start emerging quick as the mover and shaker at the TE position they'll probably want to add some talent there too. 

They just gained all of these picks. I know it's tempting. But they really should relax and let the value come to them over the next two years. Big fan of them moving down and adding additional value for years to come too. So far the Raiders and Browns cashed in all of their chips I believe and it's been kind of just "meh" on their returns. 

Hopefully this team has more patience. It's almost scary if they do go in a different direction next year with a General Manager and Coaching Staff in charge because they could feel more implored to spend everything they have at once. Let's say Minshew and Foles don't pan out over the next year or two? 

Would feel good knowing we have a shot at Lawrence from Clemson if he continues to evolve into the next big name QB.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-16-2019, 02:30 PM)JagJohn Wrote: One point that is usually overlooked when comparing the value of players vs picks is the money that will also be tied up in that player.

People have, very reasonably, suggested that the Jags will not be able to find a player of matching value to Jalen with any of the 3 draft picks we received for Jalen. This is very probably true, but the real equation actually has to include the player or players that we can sign with the around 20 mil a year that Jalen would've been looking for. It potentially allows us to go after a high priced free agent, or several good 2nd tier players.

So, the equation is really: Jalen Ramsey / OR / first rounder 2020, first rounder 2021, 4th rounder 2021, High-priced free agent(s)... When you think of it that way there is a very reasonable chance that we can replace or improve on the value that Jalen brought to this team.

When you factor in the uncertainty over Jalen being willing to re-sign, which existed even before the trade request, I think the FO has done a great job getting this haul.

As for the person who compared Jalen to the "winning lottery ticket", that doesn't make any sense. In that context, the winning lottery ticket would mean you are guaranteed to win a superbowl. Having an elite CB (and I completely agree he is elite) does not guarantee anything. We've seen that over the last few years with our team and throughout history with many other teams. You still need to build a complete team.

As Sanders hinted at. There's a high chance Ramsey looks to jet out of L.A after he wraps up these 26 games under contract.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

So, three questions.

and

I think the biggest offseason question is surrounded by Minshew. If he's the guy, everything else becomes easier. If he's not, Jags should look for a QB in next years class.

(10-16-2019, 02:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

So, three questions.

and

I think the biggest offseason question is surrounded by Minshew. If he's the guy, everything else becomes easier. If he's not, Jags should look for a QB in next years class.

Yep. That's the $1,000,000 question at the moment. Here's to hoping he's the guy.

(10-16-2019, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/11...04320?s=20

The "Big 'Stache'  is simply a class act.  Smile
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:40 PM by knarnn.)

(10-16-2019, 02:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/11...04320?s=20

Just had to do it Smile
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-16-2019, 02:39 PM)Mowerguy Wrote:

The "Big 'Stache'  is simply a class act.  Smile

He really is. He handled this like a true professional. He's always stood by his players. By the end of the year we'll see more and more information coming out about Ramsey's little tiff here and it'll ultimately reflect more negatively on him and more positively on this franchise. 

There's no "I" in Team. I know that's a cheesy line but that's been the saying for a long, long time for a reason. It would have been nice to see Jalen Ramsey go onto play the next 10+ years here in Jacksonville. But it's hard to make that happen when a player of his nature with that kind of ego needs to be stroked.

It's for the best. Like I said. He wasn't the first diva to set foot in Jacksonville. And he certainly won't be the last. All that matters now is winning and moving forward with the guys that believe in the concept of "Team".

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 07:37 PM by enigma.)

While walking out to the room of reporters, Marcell Dareus mocked the quitter by holding his back and favoring a limp jokingly (per 1010xl).

I think this sentiment is going to start trickling out from the Jaguars camp. Jalen sold out on his teammates while they busted their butts on the field.

This sort of behavior doesn't go unnoticed and is certainly frowned upon EVERYWHERE in the NFL.

https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/11...49344?s=21

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 02:49 PM by Mowerguy.)

Haha....now the tool is saying he wants to be a ram for years and years
......we've heard that BS before.
and there's more...from the link below
"Ramsey also seems to be filled with healing. Traded only two days after he missed his third straight game with a back injury, the back hasn’t been mentioned at all as Ramsey prepares to presumably join his new team for Sunday’s game at Atlanta."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...nt-7008051

Go Falcons!

(10-16-2019, 02:47 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Haha....now the tool is saying he wants to be a ram for  years and years
"Ramsey also seems to be filled with healing. Traded only two days after he missed his third straight game with a back injury, the back hasn’t been mentioned at all as Ramsey prepares to presumably join his new team for Sunday’s game at Atlanta."

Until his diaper needs to changing.

(10-16-2019, 02:45 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/apmarklong/status/11...49344?s=21

But..but..the locker room was fine. His team mates had no issues. I read it right here on this very board.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

He'll be pissed soon when he finds out LeBron and Kawhi are each making over $25 million more than he is.

(10-16-2019, 02:47 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Haha....now the tool is saying he wants to be a ram for  years and years

Go Falcons!

I would love nothing more than to see him get absolutely dominated by Julio Jones this weekend.