Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This is how adults handle player issues

This is how a tight ship is run. This is how adults act. No [BLEEP] and moaning. No tantrums. Just accept it and move on. 

Link

The New England Patriots will be without veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett for their Monday night game against the New York Jets.
The Patriots have suspended Bennett for one week for conduct detrimental to the team, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Giardi report.
He was not at practice Tuesday, per Rapoport and Giardi.
Bennett issued the following statement to ESPN's Jordan Schultz regarding the one-week ban:
"On Friday, I had a philosophical disagreement with my position coach that has led to my suspension. I apologize to my teammates for any distraction this may have caused."
He played 11 snaps in last week's win over the Giants, and just 14 during Week 5 versus the Redskins.
Over six games in New England, Bennett's made one start and has 2.5 sacks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 04:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is how a tight ship is run. This is how adults act. No [BLEEP] and moaning. No tantrums. Just accept it and move on. 

Link

The New England Patriots will be without veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett for their Monday night game against the New York Jets.
The Patriots have suspended Bennett for one week for conduct detrimental to the team, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Mike Giardi report.
Bennett issued the following statement to ESPN's Jordan Schultz regarding the one-week ban:
"On Friday, I had a philosophical disagreement with my position coach that has led to my suspension. I apologize to my teammates for any distraction this may have caused."
He played 11 snaps in last week's win over the Giants, and just 14 during Week 5 versus the Redskins.

Bennett is supposed to be the adult in this parallel?

(10-15-2019, 06:50 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 04:24 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This is how a tight ship is run. This is how adults act. No [BLEEP] and moaning. No tantrums. Just accept it and move on. 

Link

Bennett is supposed to be the adult in this parallel?

All of them. There was no BS from anyone. A player did something "wrong", he was suspended, he took it like a man, the FO didn't dilly dally around.

Translation: "I'd like to thank the Patriots and Coach Belichick for allowing me to stay around for our Super Bowl run. I won't forget my place again."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(10-15-2019, 09:26 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Translation: "I'd like to thank the Patriots and Coach Belichick for allowing me to stay around for our Super Bowl run. I won't forget my place again."

precisely.

The message in that building is very clear - unless your name is Tom Brady, you can and will be replaced.

The Pats seem to be morphing back into more of a 3-4 team. Bennett is more of a 4-3 option.
He was upset about his lack of reps.
So this week he won't get any.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."        --Plato

So they suspended a guy who is barely playing. Kudos to them then.

Bennett probably wasn't talked to by Belichik in the same way TC "undressed" Ramsey.

Ramsey had a tantrum on the sideline and TC probably let him have it. And had all sorts of things building up to it.
Bennett is also an 8 year vet or something.

apples and oranges really.

(10-17-2019, 10:09 AM)Kane Wrote: Bennett probably wasn't talked to by Belichik in the same way TC "undressed" Ramsey.

Ramsey had a tantrum on the sideline and TC probably let him have it. And had all sorts of things building up to it.

The thing is, we really don't know what was said to Ramsey because no one except Ramsey has talked about it and he didn't really say anything either, just a bunch of complaining. As thin skinned as he seems to be it wouldn't take much to set him off. 

I know TC is old school and I probably wouldn't like his approach either, but there is a right way to address these things and the way it was done is not it. 

As far as the "8 year vet" comment is concerned, it shouldn't matter. Ramsey thinks he's a man and an adult and should conduct himself as such. Yes, we're all stupid at his age, but his tantrums are just plain childish and his manipulation of rules to get his way is ridiculous.

(10-16-2019, 10:51 PM)scottyg Wrote: So they suspended a guy who is barely playing.  Kudos to them then.

This is the equivalent of us suspending Keenan Cole. It’s really not in any way comparable to the Jalen Ramsey situation.

(10-17-2019, 11:11 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 10:09 AM)Kane Wrote: Bennett probably wasn't talked to by Belichik in the same way TC "undressed" Ramsey.

The thing is, we really don't know what was said to Ramsey because no one except Ramsey has talked about it and he didn't really say anything either, just a bunch of complaining. As thin skinned as he seems to be it wouldn't take much to set him off. 

I know TC is old school and I probably wouldn't like his approach either, but there is a right way to address these things and the way it was done is not it. 

As far as the "8 year vet" comment is concerned, it shouldn't matter. Ramsey thinks he's a man and an adult and should conduct himself as such. Yes, we're all stupid at his age, but his tantrums are just plain childish and his manipulation of rules to get his way is ridiculous.

Hey I'm not defending Ramsey in the slightest.... I just don't think the situations are comparable.
Perhaps if they had sat Ramsey for a game after his outburst instead of saying whatever "disrespectful things"

I can totally see Coughlin calling Ramsey in and calling him a child and bringing up the litany of stupid things he has done and said and Ramsey taking that as disrespect.
When in reality its the truth.

But the Pats and the Jags aren't even close to same situations and the 8 year vet thing was meant to say that Bennett knows he's on the back end of his career and on a SB contender, so he better "take it like an adult" or he'll be shown the door and playing for some crap team.

Whereas Ramsey doesn't have to take it like anything, he can continue to be a child and get his way, which he did.

(10-17-2019, 11:21 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 10:51 PM)scottyg Wrote: So they suspended a guy who is barely playing.  Kudos to them then.

This is the equivalent of us suspending Keenan Cole. It’s really not in any way comparable to the Jalen Ramsey situation.

Pretty much. 

11- year vet, 34- year old DL chasing a ring with dwindling play time. How brave of the Pats.

(10-17-2019, 11:21 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

Who?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-17-2019, 04:29 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 11:21 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: This is the equivalent of us suspending Keenan Cole. It’s really not in any way comparable to the Jalen Ramsey situation.

Who?

Keelan, you know who the hell I meant. The typo/mispelling doesn’t make the sentiment of the post any less valid.

My point was the player did something stupid, the FO handled it and there was no drama. The same with AB. He did is thing and they dropped him. No drama. No long drawn out crap. I know the situations are different but I think.....oh nevermind. Just forget it. Mods feel free to get rid of it.

(10-17-2019, 07:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My point was the player did something stupid, the FO handled it and there was no drama. The same with AB. He did is thing and they dropped him. No drama. No long drawn out crap. I know the situations are different but I think.....oh nevermind. Just forget it. Mods feel free to get rid of it.

The situations are kind of tangential, but they don't overlap at all. Ramsey had so much more leverage.

(10-17-2019, 08:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 07:57 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: My point was the player did something stupid, the FO handled it and there was no drama. The same with AB. He did is thing and they dropped him. No drama. No long drawn out crap. I know the situations are different but I think.....oh nevermind. Just forget it. Mods feel free to get rid of it.

The situations are kind of tangential, but they don't overlap at all. Ramsey had so much more leverage.

Ramsey didnt have any leverage, he illegally faked an injury.  If you say he had leverage than everyone in the league has the same leverage as he did.  Anyone could fake an injury I guess.

LOL, Bennett is human garbage, Jalen is just dumb and immature.

(10-17-2019, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 08:23 PM)Upper Wrote: The situations are kind of tangential, but they don't overlap at all. Ramsey had so much more leverage.

Ramsey didnt have any leverage, he illegally faked an injury.  If you say he had leverage than everyone in the league has the same leverage as he did.  Anyone could fake an injury I guess.

And I'm sure you'll start seeing more and more of it unfortunately.

Oh my back... I want out... bs
But the leverage comes from being a stud player at your position and being young and near the end of a contract.

As opposed to Bennett who could be cut and forgotten by the league in days

(10-17-2019, 09:52 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: LOL, Bennett is human garbage, Jalen is just dumb and immature.

Faking an injury to get his way makes Ramsey complete garbage in the human being and teammate department. He's essentially a panty waste.