Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-22-2019, 12:26 PM)Kane Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 12:14 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Are you intentionally being dense or obtuse?

He's clearly lying.. all the tell tale signs are there.

The unconscious shaking of his head when saying yes - just like Jagwired said.

Just his general demeanor.

PhD, that's funny.. because a college education guarantees that someone actually knows anything.. it just guarantees they went to school for a specified amount of time, spent money and didn't screw up too much.

Laughing

Oh so anyone can be a psychologist or sociologist now.

Well then... I think you're all psychopaths.

I watched the full interview. Nothing he said even remotely sounded like a lie.
"Two people I respect were sitting two others were standing the whole time"
"I didn't say anything, I let them say what they needed to, felt it was disrespectful, left meeting called my agent"
Also mentioned the tweets from Coughlin from off season (facts)

Not sure where the obvious lies were?

Not saying I agree with either side, but I think what they are meaning is the body language was giving off lying vibes. Not the exact answers themselves.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2019, 01:54 PM by Section105Fan.)

Here’s my take on Ramsey.......
He doesn’t want to be “ stuck “ in a small market like Jacksonville. I laughed when he said “ It’s not about the money “. It’s always about the money. If for no other reason except his ego couldn’t stand a “ lesser “ CB making more than him.Shad pulled his punk card when he told Ramsey he wanted to make him the highest paid CB in the league. Then, Ramsey needed another excuse for wanting to leave Jax. Ahhh, the disrespect card!
Here’s the truth as I see it......Ramsey has a huge ego. That ego can’t be fed properly in a small market like J-Ville. He needs the bright lights of a major market , like L.A.
Making tv commercials for Beaver Chevrolet won’t stroke that giant ego sufficiently. He needs to be the big fish in a big market, not the big fish in a small bowl.

There's a ton of hypocrisy in that video.

He says they never talk to him like a man, face to face. When they do, it's disrespectful.

He complains that the front office brings up stuff to the media, then never addresses it afterwards. It makes him feel like a bum. But he says himself that he never addressed his sideline spat with Marrone, so again it's ok for him to do it, but not anyone else.

He says he doesn't feel trusted, but doesn't trust his head coach. It doesn't matter what Jalen sees, it matters what the camera sees. Marrone needs to check with his guys and see what tape there is, and if they say no, he needs to trust them. This has to be common knowledge. I get being caught up in the moment, but the fact that he still feels he wasn't being trusted after the fact speaks volumes about his ego.

This whole ordeal is centered around Jalen's ego. He has one set of standards for himself, and one for everyone else. He's gonna be a problem for other teams unless he matures. We'll see. Maybe Coughlin is too tough on the players, but I definitely don't think that's the problem in this situation.

(10-22-2019, 08:41 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Lots of saying yes while shaking his head no. Even more lack of eye contact with the interviewer while answering questions. Two large indicators of a human that is lying out of his sweet [BLEEP].

[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-22-2019, 01:59 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(10-22-2019, 08:41 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Lots of saying yes while shaking his head no. Even more lack of eye contact with the interviewer while answering questions. Two large indicators of a human that is lying out of his sweet [BLEEP].

[Image: giphy.gif]

Such an underrated show. I wish they had more seasons.

If Jalen didn't break his legs yet, then I don't care..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(10-22-2019, 01:48 PM)Last42min Wrote: There's a ton of hypocrisy in that video.

He says they never talk to him like a man, face to face. When they do, it's disrespectful.

He complains that the front office brings up stuff to the media, then never addresses it afterwards. It makes him feel like a bum. But he says himself that he never addressed his sideline spat with Marrone, so again it's ok for him to do it, but not anyone else.

He says he doesn't feel trusted, but doesn't trust his head coach. It doesn't matter what Jalen sees, it matters what the camera sees. Marrone needs to check with his guys and see what tape there is, and if they say no, he needs to trust them. This has to be common knowledge. I get being caught up in the moment, but the fact that he still feels he wasn't being trusted after the fact speaks volumes about his ego.

This whole ordeal is centered around Jalen's ego. He has one set of standards for himself, and one for everyone else. He's gonna be a problem for other teams unless he matures. We'll see. Maybe Coughlin is too tough on the players, but I definitely don't think that's the problem in this situation.

Good observations.

(10-22-2019, 01:48 PM)Last42min Wrote: There's a ton of hypocrisy in that video.

Pretty much.  One other thing that I noticed is that he says that "no one approached him to discuss matters".  If it was really bothering him perhaps he should have manned up and approached whomever.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm not saying dude didn't act like a child or that he didn't deserve to have a talking to.
I'm just saying I don't think he's lying about the meeting. I saw him look Ryan Clark in the eyes multiple times and honestly with 'kids' these days the whole eye contact and body language thing can be over blown considering they aren't brought up to speak and act the same way generations before them were.

To call the dude a sociopath is a stretch especially for some guy who spends most of his time on a jaguars message board

Is he a narcissist? Sure. Does he lack the ability or care to feel for others? That's a reach.
Dude just didn't care about Jags/Jax or any of us whiny [BLEEP] fans lol

And he clearly said he and Doug had worked through whatever and that beef was over.
I think Ramsey is a punk and a child.

But I'm willing to call out posters who think they are somehow above someone when they wanna throw out stupid things like "sociopath" and try to make themselves sound smarter than they actually are.

(10-23-2019, 11:02 AM)Kane Wrote: I'm not saying dude didn't act like a child or that he didn't deserve to have a talking to.
I'm just saying I don't think he's lying about the meeting. I saw him look Ryan Clark in the eyes multiple times and honestly with 'kids' these days the whole eye contact and body language thing can be over blown considering they aren't brought up to speak and act the same way generations before them were.

To call the dude a sociopath is a stretch especially for some guy who spends most of his time on a jaguars message board

Is he a narcissist? Sure. Does he lack the ability or care to feel for others? That's a reach.
Dude just didn't care about Jags/Jax or any of us whiny [BLEEP] fans lol

And he clearly said he and Doug had worked through whatever and that beef was over.
I think Ramsey is a punk and a child.

But I'm willing to call out posters who think they are somehow above someone when they wanna throw out stupid things like "sociopath" and try to make themselves sound smarter than they actually are.

I agree with the Big Red Machine on this one.

Clearly you don't know much about sociopaths.

It has far too many nuances to be classified as simply as say a psychopath who cannot control himself.

A sociopath can care about people. A sociopath just has the ability to turn off empathy like a switch... which is why it's so hard to actually call a sociopath a sociopath.

There is no remedy for a sociopath. There is no cure. It's just a personality type.

90% of sociopaths live normal lives and no one even suspects they are what they are. Then there's the 10% that turn into serial killers.

I have zero idea if he is one - but his behavior certainly leads me to believe he cares about no one but himself and his immediate family. And he lies about caring about others.

It takes a sociopath to recognize another sociopath.

(10-23-2019, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Clearly you don't know much about sociopaths.

It has far too many nuances to be classified as simply as say a psychopath who cannot control himself.

A sociopath can care about people. A sociopath just has the ability to turn off empathy like a switch... which is why it's so hard to actually call a sociopath a sociopath.

There is no remedy for a sociopath. There is no cure. It's just a personality type.

90% of sociopaths live normal lives and no one even suspects they are what they are. Then there's the 10% that turn into serial killers.

I have zero idea if he is one - but his behavior certainly leads me to believe he cares about no one but himself and his immediate family. And he lies about caring about others.

It takes a sociopath to recognize another sociopath.

He's a 24 year old NFL superstar who's been a first round pick since he was 19. 

Maybe...maybe...he's just a young guy figuring out things on a national scale Vs being a sociopath? 

Remember having a big ego doesn't = being a sociopath. I think Jalen is a fairly emotive fellow, that's not exactly a sociopathic tendency.

Seems convenient that Ramsey used a secret meeting as his reason for wanting to leave. It almost like he knows the FO isn't going to say anything, so he's free to exaggerate the meeting into something worse than it was.

As much as he runs his mouth, if they had said something awful, I have no doubt he would've said exactly what it was.

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 04:05 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

I saw the YouTube video where he speaks with Ryan Clark. To be fair, I was starting to understand and empathize with him. That is, until he started speaking on his “illness” and, “injury”. I understand not liking being chewed out. Who does? But Coughlin is a 2x Super Bowl champ. I’m not gonna act like being a champion excuses rude/overbearing behavior, but we didn’t see Ramsey complaining in 2017 when we were winning.. In my opinion, Jalen is a self absorbed, fickle, diva. I’m honestly relieved that he is no longer on our team.

There was an attempted break in at his former Jacksonville residence on Monday:

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jack...ormer-home
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-23-2019, 03:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems convenient that Ramsey used a secret meeting as his reason for wanting to leave. It almost like he knows the FO isn't going to say anything, so he's free to exaggerate the meeting into something worse than it was.

As much as he runs his mouth, if they had said something awful, I have no doubt he would've said exactly what it was.

It's just an excuse.  He never elaborated on what was said or the tone of the message.  All he said (paraphrasing) is that there were 4 other people in the room, two standing and two sitting.  He said that he "let them say what they were going to say".

Looking back at history and what transpired shortly after the trade, I would almost put money on him not being a Ram next season or shortly thereafter.  He's losing money right now due to the higher taxes and cost of living in California and I highly doubt that a contract is on the horizon for him.  They have other players/positions that they have to pay before him.  The Rams got him as a short term rental for a run this season and will probably either trade or release him after this season (depending on how they end up).  My bet is he ends up on a Texas team or perhaps Tennessee or Nevada before the end of next season.

His mentor (Deon Sanders) pretty much says this in the interview that he did when the trade went down.

I would almost put money on him being a Texan or a Cowboy next season.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-23-2019, 03:57 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems convenient that Ramsey used a secret meeting as his reason for wanting to leave. It almost like he knows the FO isn't going to say anything, so he's free to exaggerate the meeting into something worse than it was.

Interesting that nobody in Jacksonville has said a meeting with Tom after the game didn't happen. 

Has Jalen hood winked all the press too?

If Tom wasn't so cowardly to hide behind Marrone in a very weak media market maybe it could get cleared up

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2019, 07:30 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(10-23-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Interesting that nobody in Jacksonville has said a meeting with Tom after the game didn't happen. 

If Tom wasn't so cowardly to hide behind Marrone in a very weak media market maybe it could get cleared up

I didn't say the meeting never happened, and I didn't imply it didn't happen, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Are you saying Coughlin is a coward for not disclosing the details behind the private conversation? On the same note, is Ramsey a coward for not revealing the details since he hasn't cleared anything up either? He is, after all, the one that started the drama publicly.

(10-23-2019, 07:29 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: Interesting that nobody in Jacksonville has said a meeting with Tom after the game didn't happen. 

I didn't say the meeting never happened, and I didn't imply it didn't happen, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Are you saying Coughlin is a coward for not disclosing the details behind the private conversation? On the same note, is Ramsey a coward for not revealing the details since he hasn't cleared anything up either? He is, after all, the one that started the drama publicly.

I'm saying we know a meeting happened and we know it resulted in Ramsey being extremely disrespected + we know it wasn't due to Marrone. Oh and we know something similar had happened between the exec and player in question too. 

No I'm not saying Coughlin is a coward for that, I'm saying he's a coward for not facing the media after the biggest trade in franchise history, one which he was a central figure in, and left it to his HC to deal with who rightfully sounded quite exasperated in doing so.

(10-24-2019, 12:41 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 07:29 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I didn't say the meeting never happened, and I didn't imply it didn't happen, so I'm not sure what your point is.

I'm saying we know a meeting happened and we know it resulted in Ramsey being extremely disrespected + we know it wasn't due to Marrone. Oh and we know something similar had happened between the exec and player in question too. 

Ramsey's idea of being disrespected is probably not the same as for most of us. He's so thin skinned it's a wonder he doesn't bleed to death.

No I'm not saying Coughlin is a coward for that, I'm saying he's a coward for not facing the media after the biggest trade in franchise history, one which he was a central figure in, and left it to his HC to deal with who rightfully sounded quite exasperated in doing so.

It's possible Khan thought it best not to stoke that fire by telling Coughlin to stand down from any media comments. He was working a trade deal the whole time and adding fuel to the dumpster fire in progress wasn't going to help matters.