Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles To Start Jaguars Game @ Colts On Nov. 17

Well, here's the measure for NF7 to do.
Beat the clots which miami just did.....and beat the tacks.....which GMII already has.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2019, 01:30 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Notice above how Minshew has more losses this year so far than Foles had in two seasons, Playoffs included, with the Eagles.
Good grief.

He's a 6th round rookie who went .500 in his 8 starts.

(11-11-2019, 09:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 01:30 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Notice above how Minshew has more losses this year so far than Foles had in two seasons, Playoffs included, with the Eagles.
Good grief.

The interesting part is this.....

Our QBs aren't the issue with this team.  The all around inexperience and front office missteps are the issue.  We haven't put a premium on offensive line that sometimes requires investing multiple picks when the board favors offense.  Heck we haven't addressed tight end often enough as a franchise.  Pete Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Big Sofa, Marcedes Lewis and now Oliver are the only ones sticking out in my mind and that is 25 years of franchise play.

Thing is what is Jaguars football?  How is it defined?  What does it mean?  We haven't had a rock solid play and goals in so long.  I don't count trying to be Seattle South.  I like the Sacksonville stuff but not so much copying their defense.

I know people can point out a bunch of fine moments for me but it has been a tough decade. I hope Foles plays well and we continue to see growth across the team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-11-2019, 08:32 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Well, here's the measure for NF7 to do.
Beat the clots which miami just did.....and beat the tacks.....which GMII already has.

The road is almost too easy but you never know.  If NF is as advertised, this should be a cake walk.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(11-11-2019, 09:57 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 09:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Good grief.

The interesting part is this.....

Our QBs aren't the issue with this team.  The all around inexperience and front office missteps are the issue.  We haven't put a premium on offensive line that sometimes requires investing multiple picks when the board favors offense.  Heck we haven't addressed tight end often enough as a franchise.  Pete Mitchell, Kyle Brady, Big Sofa, Marcedes Lewis and now Oliver are the only ones sticking out in my mind and that is 25 years of franchise play.

Thing is what is Jaguars football?  How is it defined?  What does it mean?  We haven't had a rock solid play and goals in so long.  I don't count trying to be Seattle South.  I like the Sacksonville stuff but not so much copying their defense.

I know people can point out a bunch of fine moments for me but it has been a tough decade. I hope Foles plays well and we continue to see growth across the team.
I respectfully disagree with that. We have put a premium on the OL by making high picks--we just haven't hit on any of them yet. Luke Joekel (SP)-first round. Robinson second-round.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2019, 11:22 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(11-11-2019, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...54240?s=20

So excited for the journeyman to lead us to 7-9!

This team needs a few more pieces before we're playoff ready.

Are we using a pick on a QB next year.. or not.. guess we don't know.

(11-11-2019, 10:50 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 08:32 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Well, here's the measure for NF7 to do.

The road is almost too easy but you never know.  If NF is as advertised, this should be a cake walk.

Well, the clots have lost 2 in a row (Pitt / Miami).

Losing 3 in a row? Idk.

A division team wanting to get back on track, what has historically been the cure?

Play the Jags. 

It'll be a tough one.

And if Foles looks "Less Than", which I have a strong suspicion he will, and we lose these games, this board will be a fun place to be, won't it?

The bad part is people believing Foles should be anything more than a band aid.

I'm not worried, after 3 sacks, a fumble and int with foles, Minshew will start the 3rd Qtr and win.

(11-11-2019, 12:21 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: And if Foles looks "Less Than", which I have a strong suspicion he will, and we lose these games, this board will be a fun place to be, won't it?

Lol, so true.

If Foles doesn't get 3 TDs on their first three possessions and look absolutely fantastic while doing it , this board will already be lighting up. 

I think he'll look "Less Than". He only got what, 1 qtr at the first game? It's gonna take some time,, more than what people will want to allow.

People still salty about the coaching staff making the smart decision

Fanboys gonna fan, I guess.

Foles will be the starter unless or until he is injured.
Or perhaps if Minshew looks clearly better next off season.

Time to get over it, kids.

(11-11-2019, 01:49 PM)Kane Wrote: People still salty about the coaching staff making the smart decision

It's to save his job - not for the good of the franchise.

Let's face it - the coach cares about winning now, not what's best 10 years from now when he's not even coaching anymore.

The Jags are worse than the tacks, clots and tinhorns this year. That's just fact... a QB isn't going to change that - so let's see if we need to draft one next year or not.

(11-11-2019, 01:37 PM)jagherd Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 12:21 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: And if Foles looks "Less Than", which I have a strong suspicion he will, and we lose these games, this board will be a fun place to be, won't it?

Lol, so true.

If Foles doesn't get 3 TDs on their first three possessions and look absolutely fantastic while doing it , this board will already be lighting up. 

I think he'll look "Less Than". He only got what, 1 qtr at the first game? It's gonna take some time,, more than what people will want to allow.

I think that Nick could play well and that the Jags could win at least five games. However, I still do feel like several people on various places are being disrespectful towards Gardner and what he did for the team. And are also being a bit OTT in their praise of Nick. Even taking his resume into consideration. It's true he's a SuperBowl winning QB and that he's played well in the past, but he did that for the Eagles not the Jags. We still don't know what exactly is going to happen when he plays for the Jags. I've seen it brought up on places like Twitter that Gardner has more losses than him, that's true but he also has more wins for the team than Nick has this year, or has ever had for the Jags. Nick has to win five games starting for the team to exceed the amount of wins that Gardner has. I think he can do it, but at the same time a lot of things are easier said than done. 

It might be better if some people (and I'm just talking about people on various sites in general) maybe temper a little bit their expectations for Nick and this offense. Even the team and organization. I saw on First Take Calais Campbell say that if Nick had started all year he would be an MVP candidate right now. There's nothing wrong with him having faith in Nick or preferring him to GM, but that's a pretty strong statement. And it's a bit much, especially considering that Nick has yet to really do anything for the Jags. I'm not saying that to be ungrateful because I like him and I appreciate him willingly mentoring Gardner. And I think he could perform well with this team. 

But I have to wonder if the high expectations by some (maybe a lot) coupled with (including some of the same) people acting like Gardner didn't really do anything to help this team, could backfire in some way. There could be some interesting conversations had if he doesn't win as many games as GM or perform as well as a lot of people think he will. I do hope Nick and/or whoever plays QB does well.

(11-11-2019, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 01:49 PM)Kane Wrote: People still salty about the coaching staff making the smart decision

Let's face it - the coach cares about winning now, not what's best 10 years from now when he's not even coaching anymore.

The Jags are worse than the tacks, clots and tinhorns this year. That's just fact... a QB isn't going to change that - so let's see if we need to draft one next year or not.

That's his job.  It's also the job of all coaches.  And there aren't any players on this team interested in playing for next year yet, Minshew included.  Marrone starts playing for next year right now, and he loses the locker room permanently.

(11-11-2019, 11:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/stat...54240?s=20

Will be really interesting to see what the offense looks like and how the players react to Foles' return.

Minshew was good, but there's just so little time to be able to practice and expand the playbook for a rookie QB while game-planning and scheming week in and week out.
Hopefully, Foles gets up to game speed quickly. The run game will be so important these first few games.

4-5 with the vet QB returning, while the team as a whole is getting healthy. Feels like a fresh start to the season, plenty to be optimistic about.

(11-11-2019, 02:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: Will be really interesting to see what the offense looks like and how the players react to Foles' return.

Minshew was good, but there's just so little time to be able to practice and expand the playbook for a rookie QB while game-planning and scheming week in and week out.
Hopefully, Foles gets up to game speed quickly. The run game will be so important these first few games.

4-5 with the vet QB returning, while the team as a whole is getting healthy. Feels like a fresh start to the season, plenty to be optimistic about.

I think we'll see Westbrook and Oliver being targeted in the middle of the field more than we've seen, I think we'll see Conley targeted a bit more on timing routes, and I think we'll see intensified use of Fournette and Armstead on swing passes, wheels, and screens. 

I don't have much expectation as to how successful that will or won't be.  So hard to know what you're going to get from the O-Line protection, the run game, and the run defense right now. All three of those elements have been inconsistent enough that they could cost you potential victories.

(11-11-2019, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

This is just plain stupid.

Saving his job = winning.  

If he didn't think he had the best shot of winning, why would he start him?  In case you missed it, they blew out the tacks and haven't played the clots yet.  They still have a shot at the playoffs, you're going to play who you think can get you there.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(11-11-2019, 02:46 PM)Rico Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 01:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: It's to save his job - not for the good of the franchise.

This is just plain stupid.

Saving his job = winning.  

If he didn't think he had the best shot of winning, why would he start him?  In case you missed it, they blew out the tacks and haven't played the clots yet.  They still have a shot at the playoffs, you're going to play who you think can get you there.

Okay.. yay for a mediocre season where we gain nothing, learn nothing and accomplish nothing.

#becausejaguars