Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The jags should have known what they were getting in Foles and never paid him.

He's one of the worst QBs in the league and he gives the impression he's here for another one of those famous free agency vacations guys keep taking here.

This stat really says it all about the guy: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-an...tions-2018

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly the problem is they thought the defense could carry us and it was just a Bortles problem. This owner is very deluded about the on field stuff.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Starting to think that Shad Khan isn’t cut out to own a football team..

(11-24-2019, 07:50 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Starting to think that Shad Khan isn’t cut out to own a football team..

Why? This team is turning a great profit! Owning a team isn't about winning any more than NFL referees are about calling a fair game.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2019, 07:50 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Starting to think that Shad Khan isn’t cut out to own a football team..
He's not. That's why he hired Tom Coughlin to be his Football Ops. guy. And that's not working out for him neither.

Caldwell, Marrone & Wash are all leftovers or at least tied to Bradley's era here. When you kill a beast you're supposed to kill off it's off spring as well.

Coughlin failed to do that. Khan failed to do that. Coughlin may very well need to go. Khan's son needs to stay out of it as well.

They need to go out and start poaching from organizations with proven winning records and consistency. Look at New England. Look at Pittsburgh. Look at Green Bay. Look at Kansas City. Look at Baltimore.

Surely they can find someone that knows how to operate a football team from top down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-24-2019, 07:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: He's one of the worst QBs in the league and he gives the impression he's here for another one of those famous free agency vacations guys keep taking here.

This stat really says it all about the guy: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-an...tions-2018

Agreed. I was against signing him. I wanted to draft a QB, but most everyone said we shouldn't, because the front office would've screwed that up too. Maybe they were right, but at least it would've been a cheaper option. We're stuck with Foles for probably the next 2 years, because his contract carries so much dead money. The same can be said for the contract we gave to Myles Jack. We give him big money and his play has been abysmal.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 12:38 AM by Caldrac.)

A lot of us were against it. We don't have Jason Peters at LT. Lane Johnson at RT. Jason Kelce at C. We don't have a Zach Ertz at TE. We don't have a headcoach like Doug Pederson.

Foles needs virtually 3 - 5 all-pro or pro-bowl caliber players amongst his starting cast in order to succeed. They signed him up expecting him to make this motley crew look like an armada.

We knew that [BLEEP] wasn't going to happen.

BuT wR'rE jUsT fAnS. We DoNt KnOw FoOtBaLl.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Am I the only one who saw Minshew coaching up Nick Foles? It was late third, early fourth quarter. Now that's a GIF
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I really like Foles. Seems like a stand up guy.. the kinda dude you would let date your daughter. But he’s just not our QB. This is Minshew’s team, and I hate that the hubris of the FO is getting in the way of that.

I said it would be a terrible decision to sign/pay Foles many months ago before he was signed. I said it was a terrible decision when it happened.

And sadly, it even looks like a worse than terrible decision now. Dude just isn't any good and never has been. Now we're stuck with this trash can for at least another season... Straight up pathetic.

Foles might be the best money this franchise has ever spent. 

Finally we have a tanker that will get this coaching staff out the door.

I tried to explain this

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 03:06 AM by RedRooster28.)

I was never a fan of the Foles signing. Good guy, incredible character, and my heart goes out to him for the losses he’s endured in his family. I never wanted him here for 88mil.

But we gave up 42 points, and it wasn’t cus Foles turned the ball over 3 times giving the tacks a short field or anything like that. We’ve allowed over 200 yards on the ground for almost an entire quarter of the season straight. You will not win football games doing that. Period. You will not, you should not.

Bouye even said “I went to my DB coach, and said we put up 20 points. That should be more than enough.”

While I disagree that what our offense did today “should be more than enough,” you certainly can’t ask for 43 points to win a game.

The Jack signing bothers me even more than the Foles one. Not a fan of either signing, but with Foles, it’s like, hey, if you’re gonna overpay a position do it at QB, and if you don’t have a QB, get one. Not the move I would’ve made, but I can understand it I guess. Jack’s money should have gone to Yan, and I’d really like to hear from Jack about 200+ rushing in 3 straight games as our MLB. You’re the general. If the troops are out of place and being slaughtered, it’s ultimately on you.

But then again it’s ultimately on Wash, and then ultimately on Marrone, and then ultimately on Coughlin, and then ultimately on Khan.

I like Khan. But the change has to come from him if it’s going to come.

This isn’t good enough. The performance from the defense would’ve been abhorrent as a one-game sample. As a continuing pattern, it’s inexcusable.

Is Ryan Leaf available?

(11-25-2019, 02:31 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote: I was never a fan of the Foles signing.  Good guy, incredible character, and my heart goes out to him for the losses he’s endured in his family.  I never wanted him here for 88mil.

But we gave up 42 points, and it wasn’t cus Foles turned the ball over 3 times giving the tacks a short field or anything like that. We’ve allowed over 200 yards on the ground for almost an entire quarter of the season straight. You will not win football games doing that.  Period.  You will not, you should not.  

Bouye even said “I went to my DB coach, and said we put up 20 points.  That should be more than enough.”

While I disagree that what our offense did today “should be more than enough,” you certainly can’t ask for 43 points to win a game.

The Jack signing bothers me even more than the Foles one.  Not a fan of either signing, but with Foles, it’s like, hey, if you’re gonna overpay a position do it at QB, and if you don’t have a QB, get one.  Not the move I would’ve made, but I can understand it I guess.  Jack’s money should have gone to Yan, and I’d really like to hear from Jack about 200+ rushing in 3 straight games as our MLB.  You’re the general.  If the troops are out of place and being slaughtered, it’s ultimately on you.

But then again it’s ultimately on Wash, and then ultimately on Marrone, and then ultimately on Coughlin, and then ultimately on Khan.

I like Khan.  But the change has to come from him if it’s going to come.  

This isn’t good enough.  The performance from the defense would’ve been abhorrent as a one-game sample.  As a continuing pattern, it’s inexcusable.

Agree, we nneed a stud MLB like we used to have. Luckily they are generally easy to find, so I do think this will be corrected.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

They’ll probably go with Foles one more game and then let the stache finish it out. Foles was a waste. Also, the owner doesn’t need to be into football that isn’t his job, but he atleast needs to know when to clean house.... and that time will probably be at the end of the season. What’s the point right now?

We talked about this article back in the offseason. I think it's an interesting statistic but it needs to be married to more data. For starters it looks like it weights the downs equally but throwing short on 3rd down is far more significant of a "failed completion" than checking down on first down to get you to a 2nd and a 6 which also counts as a "failed completion". Second, just looking a the rankings for 2018 and 2017, any statistic that continually has Blake Bortles ahead of Drew Brees and consistently has Jameis WInston at the very top needs to be understood for what it is. It's a stat that identifies which players are more likely to throw down the field when successful while discounting any negative plays. If you threw a hail mary on every play, you'd be at the top of this ranking. Looking at Foles, in 2018 he had the 2nd highest comp% at 72%. How much of that comp% was due to him checking the ball down instead of forcing a throw down the field? And would you rather be at 2nd and 10 (or possibly an INT) or 2nd and 6? For every 7 completions last year, if he had instead thrown one of those balls as an incompletion(presumably down the field but for this stat it doesnt matter), his comp% would have matched Aaron Rodgers and he would have skyrocketed up this ranking. But I'm not sure that would be considered a success.

Now the fact that he seems to check down more than anyone else is a cause for concern. And we all talked about how he doesnt have the playmakers here at Jacksonville that he did in Philly who can bail him out on jump balls. But I wouldn't write anyone off because of this stat alone. Besides, as stated above, he wasn't brought here to be the next Drew Brees. He was brought here because the team thought they were close enough to be playoff contenders if they replaced Bortles with a guy who had played well enough to win a Super Bowl MVP. If they knew the defense would collapse, I wonder if they would have made the same moves.

Foles has disappointed greatly in two games. I'm not rushing to conclusions on him yet, but it's not looking good.
I'm just infinitely more concerned about fixing the defense and O-Line right now.

With a (hopefully) competent staff next year and Foles/Minshew under contract I'm not tripping about the QB spot.

And, as mentioned, all this stuff about Foles numbers and tendencies was thoroughly hashed out in the offseason here.
We knew the numbers, and we saw he was still able to win games with them. There's more going on with Foles right now than just short passes and "failed completions."

Yea, Foles needs allstars to win.

Otherwise he's the worst QB in the league. I'd rather have Bortles.. at least he would have run for a couple first downs.

Foles is doing a fine job with what he has. He's rusty and his ball seem to have too much air right now, but I think he's fine.

There's a bigger issue in that locker room that hasn't surfaced.

One of the signs is Jack being extended before other more deserving players!