Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think it’s time.

The league has been ruined in the sense that the only thing that matters is your QB. If you cant find a good QB, you just can't build a consistent winner in the NFL. You have to give Dave some credit for building a team that was a quarter away from the Super Bowl without having a quality QB behind center. You have to put together a lot of talent across the board to pull that off. What Dave ultimately should be criticized for is not being able to find a good QB. The rest doesnt really matter. We're hoping Foles is that guy. Early returns arent great. He may have stumbled into Minshew but hard to know if he is more than a middle of the pack guy. Bortles was obviously a miss. Dave just hasn't found that guy. Admittedly it's a somewhat hard test to grade GM's on because a big element to finding a QB is luck of the draw. Some years you get a Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater draft. Other years you get a Mahomes, Watson draft. Our new GM wanted a QB in a year that our best available was Leftwich, Boller, and Grossman. If only they waited a year, we could have had Eli, Rivers, or Roethlisberger. A lot of luck in play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

@RFC

You are exactly right. Unless you draft an elite QB you have to play every game perfect and have a lot of help from an elite defense.

Foles ain’t that guy

(11-24-2019, 07:03 PM)FBT Wrote: Marrone needs to go.  He should go ahead and take Wash with him. This team is an absolute embarrassment. Quite possibly the worst team in franchise history despite the investments made.

I have been reluctant to think/say this, but after the last three games I think that a change is definitely needed.  28 points given up in the third quarter is unacceptable.  This is a results-based business and the results are not good.  It all starts with the Head Coach and goes down to the coordinators, assistant coaches and so-on.

I don't doubt that the current staff doesn't put in a lot of effort and time into what they are doing, it's just that what they are doing just isn't working.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 10:09 PM by Brett.)

Doug Marrone quote from speaking to the media on Tuesday regarding going into this year:

“I’ve been criticized even within the organization of how the team was, and how I trained the team,” Marrone said. “But I go back to I make decisions based on obviously things that have happened. Last year, with the injuries and everything we had, I went out and researched a bunch of other teams and what they do.”

The first part is pretty interesting.

(This post was last modified: 11-26-2019, 10:20 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-26-2019, 10:09 PM)Brett Wrote: Doug Marrone quote from speaking to the media on Tuesday regarding going into this year:

“I’ve been criticized even within the organization of how the team was, and how I trained the team,” Marrone said. “But I go back to I make decisions based on obviously things that have happened. Last year, with the injuries and everything we had, I went out and researched a bunch of other teams and what they do.”

Yeah. Interesting indeed. "I've been criticized even within the organization". Regarding training, etc.

Makes you wonder if he's second guessing himself or trying to be something that he's not. He mentioned the injuries. That's somewhat fair.

But a coach has to prepare for that and figure out a way to adjust to make end's meet. He seems like he's honestly stretched himself too thin.

We all see that blank, glazed gaze in his eyes out there. He's done. Obviously upper management is done since that's really the only place I can think of where the criticism would come from. Outside of Ramsey. But seeing is that he was traded it tells me they stood with him anyway.

They're all on the chopping block now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2019, 01:23 AM by Corriewf.)

(11-26-2019, 10:09 PM)Brett Wrote: Doug Marrone quote from speaking to the media on Tuesday regarding going into this year:

“I’ve been criticized even within the organization of how the team was, and how I trained the team,” Marrone said. “But I go back to I make decisions based on obviously things that have happened. Last year, with the injuries and everything we had, I went out and researched a bunch of other teams and what they do.

I read that as, “ I don’t know [BLEEP] I’m doing so I go google some [BLEEP].. browse the duvalpride forum or maybe play sudoku. “........

He’s in over his head. That’s why he quit in buffalo and figured, hey maybe I can do this down here.

It sounds like he is over it. Even he's worn down and has no farts left to give. That mentality is infectious, and it will affect preparation, development, and decision making.

Give him credit, at least he is self-aware enough to know the seat is nice and toasty. Injuries are a reality for dang near every team. You have to be adaptable and fluid in your planning.

He had to research other teams to know what to do?

What an oaf.

So his dozens of years of being involved with the NFL wasnt enough to give this moron an idea of something to plan and execute? What a dingus. Should be fired for that statement alone.

(11-27-2019, 10:11 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He had to research other teams to know what to do?

What an oaf.

So his dozens of years of being involved with the NFL wasnt enough to give this moron an idea of something to plan and execute? What a dingus. Should be fired for that statement alone.

There's clearly a disconnect somewhere between the coaching staff and front office. I'll circle back to the post-Ramsey trade press conference where Marrone was at the podium pretty much taking all of the punches for the trade while Coughlin and Caldwell sat off to the side. 

He clearly indicated to the media that those two were the one's you needed to talk to in regards to the trade. Not him. There's been a lot of mishandling and management across the board. Ultimately it'll start with Khan. I expect him to publicly make an announcement after this Sunday's loss. 

While I don't think firing Marrone and replacing him with Decamillis in the interim will solve all of our problems overnight it'll at least show a sign of good faith to this city and it's fanbase that change is coming as it was in fact long over due and 2017 was really a mirage that netted a lot of fool's gold and foolish extensions being handed out. 

There will be a clean sweep ahead. Reaping day is upon us! 

[Image: tenor.gif]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Maybe he just quits like he did in Buffalo

(11-27-2019, 10:52 AM)Kane Wrote: Maybe he just quits like he did in Buffalo

Sends text and. . . 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14142365]

(11-27-2019, 10:11 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He had to research other teams to know what to do?

What an oaf.

Right, because you never want to find out what else you don't know. For pete's sake, if he said "We're just going to keep doing what we've been doing" you'd [BLEEP] a brick over that too.

You would've quit too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-27-2019, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

What an oaf.

Right, because you never want to find out what else you don't know. For pete's sake, if he said "We're just going to keep doing what we've been doing" you'd [BLEEP] a brick over that too.

I'm sorry, I don't want a retread coach with retread ideas.

Belichick isn't calling other teams asking what they're doing... other teams call him and he hangs up.

And I'm not saying Marrone is even in the same league as Belichick, but if you want to be an NFL coach - you better have an original idea. I mean it's one of 32 jobs in the entire world. We deserve better than this guy.

(11-27-2019, 11:04 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Right, because you never want to find out what else you don't know. For pete's sake, if he said "We're just going to keep doing what we've been doing" you'd [BLEEP] a brick over that too.

Belichick isn't calling other teams asking what they're doing... other teams call him and he hangs up.

And I'm not saying Marrone is even in the same league as Belichick, but if you want to be an NFL coach - you better have an original idea. I mean it's one of 32 jobs in the entire world. We deserve better than this guy.

Lol, an original idea in the world's most prominent copycat league? Riiiiggghhtt.

And Belichick was a retread too at one point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

What an oaf.

You would've quit too.
That is what the offseason is for and why you hire a staff that has the intelligence to always find ways to improve or outsmart opponents coaching staffs.  They have film and they can see how teams scheme against what they are doing to work around to get better.  

(11-27-2019, 11:04 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Right, because you never want to find out what else you don't know. For pete's sake, if he said "We're just going to keep doing what we've been doing" you'd [BLEEP] a brick over that too.

This is true but doesnt have to be the sole decision in the hire.  If you have a forward thing coach that can adapt from year to year then that is the most important to me.  Teams learn your habits and find ways to adjust to what you are doing on a weekly and yearly basis.  Having a guy that can master the chess match and stay a few moves ahead is a game changer.  We tend to hire coaches that live off of what someone else did and run the scheme into the ground and die with it.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

He was paid $4 million to quit. That's how badly written his contract with the Bills was. They wanted to keep him, and he chose to take the $4 million payout and quit instead. I mean, I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't take my boss up on an offer to get paid $4 million to do nothing.

(11-27-2019, 11:15 AM)TJBender Wrote:

He was paid $4 million to quit. That's how badly written his contract with the Bills was. They wanted to keep him, and he chose to take the $4 million payout and quit instead. I mean, I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't take my boss up on an offer to get paid $4 million to do nothing.

"It says what in my contract?!?!?"

[Image: 460x.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]

(11-27-2019, 11:15 AM)TJBender Wrote:

Not one of us would've stayed. Not one of us would really have to think it over.

(11-27-2019, 11:18 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:15 AM)TJBender Wrote: He was paid $4 million to quit. That's how badly written his contract with the Bills was. They wanted to keep him, and he chose to take the $4 million payout and quit instead. I mean, I'd be lying if I said that I wouldn't take my boss up on an offer to get paid $4 million to do nothing.

Not one of us would've stayed. Not one of us would really have to think it over.

Plus it's Buffalo. And Bills Mafia sucks. They're the unwanted, redheaded stepchild of New York. They honestly belong in Canada.

What an oaf.

You would've quit too.

Probably.... I believe they were forcing him to play EJ Manuel when he was winning with Kyle Orton or something