Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Mania is back

Time to evaluate these last 4 games if he is the franchise. If not then the Jags maybe taking a new QB with one of their picks. Lets hope Minshew is the man.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-02-2019, 07:18 PM)Predator Wrote: Minshew has shown enough already to warrant going forward with him next year and using the picks elsewhere.

That's going too far. Remember 3 of Minshew's last 4 games before Foles came back were subpar. He was feeling phantom pressure, he was holding the ball too long, teams had adjusted to taking away the scramble drill and sideline back shoulder throws, etc.

He has shown enough that Foles shouldn't get another snap for this team, but if we are on the clock and there is a QB that the FO (god please let it be a new FO) has deemed has long term franchise QB potential then we need to think long and hard about taking him. And then if Minshew beats them out next preseason we have an excellent problem on our hands.

If they draft a QB in RD1 without addressing the offensive line they're really asking for a repeat of Gabbert and Bortles.

I don't think you can enter 2020 with any QB named as the starter confidently behind this current line.

Robinson at LT is a concern.
Taylor at RT has to step up in year two.
Cann at RG is a concern.
Norwell is inconsistent at LG.
Linder at C is interesting. But seen some concerns this year.

I think they could maybe get more out of Robinson and Linder by moving them to Guard. They need to land one of the top three OT's and probably the best C in Biadasz if possible.

Still think Minshew and Foles should compete next summer with a new staff and approach in place before reaching on a QB.

Honestly. Burrow, Tua & maybe Herbert are all gone anyway before we can pick. Which is good in my opinion. Still think Lawrence and Fields will be better options in 2021.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-02-2019, 07:31 PM)Caldrac Wrote: If they draft a QB in RD1 without addressing the offensive line they're really asking for a repeat of Gabbert and Bortles.

I don't think you can enter 2020 with any QB named as the starter confidently behind this current line.

Robinson at LT is a concern.
Taylor at RT has to step up in year two.
Cann at RG is a concern.
Norwell is inconsistent at LG.  
Linder at C is interesting. But seen some concerns this year.

I think they could maybe get more out of Robinson and Linder by moving them to Guard. They need to land one of the top three OT's and probably the best C in Biadasz if possible.

Still think Minshew and Foles should compete next summer with a new staff and approach in place before reaching on a QB.

Honestly. Burrow, Tua & maybe Herbert are all gone anyway before we can pick. Which is good in my opinion. Still think Lawrence and Fields will be better options in 2021.

I agree that the Jaguars should pass on a quarterback in April's draft. They need to first address the offensive line and see what Minshew can do with better protection. I believe he can be successful with a good supporting cast, but if he isn't they have 2 more first rounders in the 2021 draft. They could use these to trade up for Lawrence, who has the chance to be special.

Gabbert and Bortles were bad no matter what.

If Tua or Burrow are on the clock when the Jags pick, they should pull the trigger.

(12-02-2019, 09:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Gabbert and Bortles were bad no matter what.

If Tua or Burrow are on the clock when the Jags pick, they should pull the trigger.

If Tua fell way down in the draft I wouldn't have a problem taking him, but I don't really want to spend high picks on a dude with paper mache ankles and a royally jacked up hip.

Not sold on Tua long term. Ankle, hip and leg injury concerns. Burrow is interesting. Just don't see him falling past the Bengals, Dolphins or Chargers. Tampa Bay may be in the market as well. Wouldn't put it past the Jets or even the Redskins looking at a new QB considering what happened to Rosen.

I am trying to be realistic. Burrow is on track to meeting Clemson or Ohio St. for a national title soon. Guys like that with his season just don't fall in the draft. You would have to move up for him.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-02-2019, 07:25 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 07:18 PM)Predator Wrote: Minshew has shown enough already to warrant going forward with him next year and using the picks elsewhere.

That's going too far. Remember 3 of Minshew's last 4 games before Foles came back were subpar. He was feeling phantom pressure, he was holding the ball too long, teams had adjusted to taking away the scramble drill and sideline back shoulder throws, etc.

He has shown enough that Foles shouldn't get another snap for this team, but if we are on the clock and there is a QB that the FO (god please let it be a new FO) has deemed has long term franchise QB potential then we need to think long and hard about taking him. And then if Minshew beats them out next preseason we have an excellent problem on our hands.

The only games he struggled in this year was NO and the second HOU games and he still has a 91.1 QBR which is phenomenal for a rookie.

It would be foolish to invest the amount of salary cap that Foles and a 1st rd pick would take with a guy who has played like Minshew in your stable and the needs at other positions.

2021 maybe, but definitely not next year.

(12-02-2019, 10:29 PM)Predator Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 07:25 PM)Upper Wrote: That's going too far. Remember 3 of Minshew's last 4 games before Foles came back were subpar. He was feeling phantom pressure, he was holding the ball too long, teams had adjusted to taking away the scramble drill and sideline back shoulder throws, etc.

The only games he struggled in this year was NO and the second HOU games and he still has a 91.1 QBR which is phenomenal for a rookie.

It would be foolish to invest the amount of salary cap that Foles and a 1st rd pick would take with a guy who has played like Minshew in your stable and the needs at other positions.

While I agree with everything you said, a new GM may see differently. It’s extremely common for the new guy to want to come in and draft “his guy”. If Minshew balls out the next 4 games as we all hope, the likelihood of him being replaced next year will go down tremendously.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(12-02-2019, 10:55 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 10:29 PM)Predator Wrote: The only games he struggled in this year was NO and the second HOU games and he still has a 91.1 QBR which is phenomenal for a rookie.

While I agree with everything you said, a new GM may see differently. It’s extremely common for the new guy to want to come in and draft “his guy”. If Minshew balls out the next 4 games as we all hope, the likelihood of him being replaced next year will go down tremendously.

There is no way the new GM wouldn't want the "hopeful unofficial NFL mustache "

Lol! That commercial.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 08:21 AM by RicoTx.)

Tua is too risky to take that high.  I wasn't sold on him before the hip injury.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 09:29 AM by Cleatwood.)

(12-02-2019, 10:55 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 10:29 PM)Predator Wrote: The only games he struggled in this year was NO and the second HOU games and he still has a 91.1 QBR which is phenomenal for a rookie.

I also don't want to hamstring our next coach/GM by saying "Minshew is our guy so make sure you can work with him." That's exactly how we got stuck with Marrone.

(12-03-2019, 08:21 AM)Rico Wrote: Tua is too risky to take that high.  I wasn't sold on him before the hip injury.
And I know it's a risk. It was a risk for the Warriors to take Steph Curry. It was a risk to take Lamar. It was a risk to take Mahomes. It was a risk to take the tiny QB out of OU last year #1 overall.....

Big risks meaning swinging for the home run. Tua has the potential (key word potential) to be a really good NFL player. If he is paired with the right HC (which I think is a must), you could be looking at something really special.

I'm not sure I'm on the Tua bandwagon either. Guy has great weapons around him offensively which pads his numbers. And the injury issues are a huge concern. Too risky for such a high selection.

(12-03-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-02-2019, 10:55 PM)knarnn Wrote: While I agree with everything you said, a new GM may see differently. It’s extremely common for the new guy to want to come in and draft “his guy”. If Minshew balls out the next 4 games as we all hope, the likelihood of him being replaced next year will go down tremendously.
I also don't want to hamstring our next coach/GM by saying "Minshew is our guy so make sure you can work with him." That's exactly how we got stuck with Marrone.

(12-03-2019, 08:21 AM)Rico Wrote: Tua is too risky to take that high.  I wasn't sold on him before the hip injury.
And I know it's a risk. It was a risk for the Warriors to take Steph Curry. It was a risk to take Lamar. It was a risk to take Mahomes. It was a risk to take the tiny QB out of OU last year #1 overall.....

Big risks meaning swinging for the home run. Tua has the potential (key word potential) to be a really good NFL player. If he is paired with the right HC (which I think is a must), you could be looking at something really special.

And which of these had an injury when they were drafted?

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2019, 09:54 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Just say no to Alabama QBs

Also, I wouldn't make it a requirement that the new regime HAS to stick with Minshew, but if he ends the season as exciting as he started it, why wouldn't they want him?

(12-03-2019, 09:49 AM)Rico Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 09:27 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I also don't want to hamstring our next coach/GM by saying "Minshew is our guy so make sure you can work with him." That's exactly how we got stuck with Marrone.

And which of these had an injury when they were drafted?
Curry. He had "bad ankles" apparently.

This hip injury shouldn't deter him from being a successful QB because it's not the same as when Bo Jackson had it. As long as the injury reports come back clean with Tua, I'm on board with taking the risk.

My point earlier was that with all those players drafted, the team was taking on a risk. Curry isn't quick enough and has weak ankles. Mahomes is coming from a spread offense. Lamar is a WR at the next level. Murray is too small. I'm willing to look past the risks in order to get to greatness. Mediocrity shouldn't be the goal. 

Again, I understand all the risks that come with Tua. I'm just willing to take those risks.

(12-03-2019, 09:55 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 09:49 AM)Rico Wrote: And which of these had an injury when they were drafted?
Curry. He had "bad ankles" apparently.

This hip injury shouldn't deter him from being a successful QB because it's not the same as when Bo Jackson had it. As long as the injury reports come back clean with Tua, I'm on board with taking the risk.

My point earlier was that with all those players drafted, the team was taking on a risk. Curry isn't quick enough and has weak ankles. Mahomes is coming from a spread offense. Lamar is a WR at the next level. Murray is too small. I'm willing to look past the risks in order to get to greatness. Mediocrity shouldn't be the goal. 

Again, I understand all the risks that come with Tua. I'm just willing to take those risks.

There was a risk with Gabbert.  There was a risk with Bortles.  I would have been happy with mediocrity after those two [BLEEP] shows.  I had questions about Tua before the injury.  Now you're talking about adding a surgically repaired hip into the equation.  

No thanks.

(Can't say I ever heard anything about Curry's ankles)

Minsheew not the long term answer and not a franchise NFL QB. Just a rah rah high body language guy that acts like he's good and doing something out there but really he isn't.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28212390

(12-04-2019, 04:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Minsheew not the long term answer and not a franchise NFL QB.    Just a rah rah high body language guy that acts like he's good and doing something out there but really he isn't.

Oh, well, if Tim Hasselbeck believes so....

can the kid now...

(12-04-2019, 04:51 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Minsheew not the long term answer and not a franchise NFL QB.    Just a rah rah high body language guy that acts like he's good and doing something out there but really he isn't.

He's an idiot. His reasoning is because Minshew is "limited" physically. That's stupid because it isn't supported by what we see during games.