Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think it’s time.

I'd make the coaches and front office stay for the rest of the season. Let their misery continue through the Christmas holiday. Otherwise, we let them go, pay them, and they end up on the beaches of Grand Cayman while we're left here to watch the Jags.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

In the past few weeks, I have defended holding on to Coughlin--he's like Jaguars royalty. But now I think he needs to go too- make a clean sweep. It's only fair that the new GM/HC be given a fresh start, and that can't happen with Couglin pulling the strings.

Kind of surprised to log in and not see he’s been fired yet?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I don't even know where to post this, but this has to be the worst stretch in franchise history:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ELWgUGtWsAEN...name=small

We've been outscored by almost twice as much as the next worst team over the last 5 weeks.

(12-09-2019, 09:42 AM)Caldrac Wrote: No heads will roll today. If the last three games weren't enough to shake things up it's not happening until Black Monday.

Boselli on 1010XL today. Had to chuckle when Dan and Jeff asked him if anyone should be fired today. And Boselli asked "What does that accomplish?".

I wish I could pimp slap him too for the oaf that he is on the radio sometimes. This team is out here setting [BLEEP] records older than me. Horrible records over 30 years old.

It's unacceptable. At least TRY something else now with a 4 - 9 record. TRY one of these coordinators or assistants out. Maybe they see things differently than Marrone.

Maybe they'll make adjustments and pull formations and plays out of the playbook that haven't been dusted off. But to sit here and say that these last five weeks are acceptable enough to justify anyone keeping their jobs for another three weeks is a joke.

He's another paid schill. Just shut up already. Have a big mac. Anything to keep your pie hole shut would be fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Absolutely this.

I don't see Khan pulling the plug on anything until the end of season. I feel bad for all the fans who have bought tickets or made other accomodations for the games remaining on our schedule. It may help prospective coaches see that he's going to give them the full duration to work things out, and will be patient even in the face of embarrassing results. He's not going to lead a witch hunt as soon as things go South, or force his HC to dismiss any of his staff even if the season is lost.  That does go a long way during the hiring and retention process, but sucks majorly when you are sitting at home watching the team get pantsed.

At the very least, the DC should be canned. Let Capers take the reins, and try to provide an alternate direction for the position coaches to lead their groups. See if you can adjust and find a scheme that minimizes the glaring hole we apparently have in our run D. 

I can see where Tony was coming from. If the problem is that we have cardboard cutouts where an LB is supposed to line up on D, what good does changing a coach do? If the coordinators and position coaches you have to pick from are worthless, and likely part of the problem, why give them the wheel?

If it hasn't happened already, we're probably wasting time refreshing pages in hope of a breaking headline.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 12:47 PM by Brett.)

I don't live in Jacksonville but if I'm living there, I wouldn't attend any more games. Those stands need to be completely empty to start sending a message to the organization.

(12-08-2019, 06:33 PM)prime winner Wrote: Anyone think  Marrone gets the boot tonight or tomorrow? I think he might. I know it's been time for a couple of weeks now. But this game really screams it's time to take action. Defense keeps getting worse, and so does the offense. Most penalized team in the league?

Minshew is back so fans are pumped, and then we get this? The snowball has rolled on and on. It's gotten huge.

Nobody is getting fired before the season is over...unfortunately.

I'm waiting on the next Coughlin challenge for the Indy game.  If we have 30k in the stadium for the final loss, er, game of the season, I'd be shocked. Any season ticket holders who show up for the game should get a voucher for free season tickets next year.

(12-08-2019, 09:21 PM)newporttom Wrote: I think he's asking to be fired, Giving them an excuse.

Jags were officially eliminated today.  Khan said we have to make playoffs.  Do something by COB Monday, Anything.

Pretty much.  Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen until the season is over, and the fan base is completely demoralized. 

(12-09-2019, 07:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 07:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This utter hopelessness is reminiscent of the Gus days. I never thought we would be here again. How depressing. Even Mark Brunell, who usually offers some beacon of hope and positivity in his News4Jax post-game write ups, is sticking a fork in it.
Well. When you're giving up records that not even the Gus Bus could pull off? You've got some problems.

You can chalk it up to bad personnel, bad coaching, bad management and bad ownership.

17+ point difference in 5 straight losses. 4 games this year with 200+ yards given up on the ground. Quarter breaking turnover rates and quickest scores given up in back to back games.

Hate to put my tinfoil hat on here. But uhhh. . . If Khan's intentions were to drive this team's fanbase into an abyss of apathy to have an excuse to financially move this team within the next few years?

Mission [BLEEP] accomplished. Target [BLEEP] acquired.

The sheer lack of any kind of expression of disgust or frustration or anger from Khan at this point certainly makes you wonder if there's an endgame here that nobody who claims to be a Jags fan would be willing to talk about.  Kind of a "Major League" plotline in the NFL.  If Lou Brown is the new head coach, we'll have our answer.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 02:07 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(12-11-2019, 01:51 PM)FBT Wrote:
(12-08-2019, 06:33 PM)prime winner Wrote: Anyone think  Marrone gets the boot tonight or tomorrow? I think he might. I know it's been time for a couple of weeks now. But this game really screams it's time to take action. Defense keeps getting worse, and so does the offense. Most penalized team in the league?

Minshew is back so fans are pumped, and then we get this? The snowball has rolled on and on. It's gotten huge.

Nobody is getting fired before the season is over...unfortunately.

I'm waiting on the next Coughlin challenge for the Indy game.  If we have 30k in the stadium for the final loss, er, game of the season, I'd be shocked.  Any season ticket holders who show up for the game should get a voucher for free season tickets next year.

(12-08-2019, 09:21 PM)newporttom Wrote: I think he's asking to be fired, Giving them an excuse.

Jags were officially eliminated today.  Khan said we have to make playoffs.  Do something by COB Monday, Anything.

Pretty much.  Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen until the season is over, and the fan base is completely demoralized. 

(12-09-2019, 07:28 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Well. When you're giving up records that not even the Gus Bus could pull off? You've got some problems.

You can chalk it up to bad personnel, bad coaching, bad management and bad ownership.

17+ point difference in 5 straight losses. 4 games this year with 200+ yards given up on the ground. Quarter breaking turnover rates and quickest scores given up in back to back games.

Hate to put my tinfoil hat on here. But uhhh. . . If Khan's intentions were to drive this team's fanbase into an abyss of apathy to have an excuse to financially move this team within the next few years?

Mission [BLEEP] accomplished. Target [BLEEP] acquired.

The sheer lack of any kind of expression of disgust or frustration or anger from Khan at this point certainly makes you wonder if there's an endgame here that nobody who claims to be a Jags fan would be willing to talk about.  Kind of a "Major League" plotline in the NFL.  If Lou Brown is the new head coach, we'll have our answer.

At least Lou Brown had some passion. Lou Brown put himself in the hospital for crying out loud and then had to sneak a radio in to listen to the game. Do you think Doug would do that?

(12-11-2019, 01:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:51 PM)FBT Wrote: Nobody is getting fired before the season is over...unfortunately.

I'm waiting on the next Coughlin challenge for the Indy game.  If we have 30k in the stadium for the final loss, er, game of the season, I'd be shocked.  Any season ticket holders who show up for the game should get a voucher for free season tickets next year.

At least Lou Brown had some passion. Lou Brown put himself in the hospital for crying out loud and then had to sneak a radio in to listen to the game. Do you think Doug would do that?

You gotta think all the nitrates from the baloney is gonna put him in the hospital anyway

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(12-11-2019, 02:17 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 01:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: At least Lou Brown had some passion. Lou Brown put himself in the hospital for crying out loud and then had to sneak a radio in to listen to the game. Do you think Doug would do that?

You gotta think all the nitrates from the baloney is gonna put him in the hospital anyway

It's posts like these where I really miss the like feature.

(12-11-2019, 02:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 02:17 PM)NCJag Wrote: You gotta think all the nitrates from the baloney is gonna put him in the hospital anyway

It's posts like these where I really miss the like feature.

[Image: original-doug-marrone]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-11-2019, 02:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 02:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It's posts like these where I really miss the like feature.

[Image: original-doug-marrone]

[Image: image.JPG]

God I love this board sometimes....

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

How on EARTH does Baloney Boy still have a job? Whether he's the problem or not (he is though, I'm finally 100 percent convinced) it could not be any more obvious the team has totally given up on him. 5 blowouts in a row - the team hasn't even looked nfl caliber... That's because they're all making business decisions now and trying to make sure they don't get a major injury.

The ONLY, and I mean ONLY reason I can possibly even think of how Marrone is still here is that benching Minshew wasn't his decision or he was was strongly pressured into it by the FO (Coughlin, Kahn) because of the major contract they've paid Foles and Marrone was arguing it would mess up the good rhythm, chemistry, etc. the team had been playing in at the time... I mean honestly, the team was looking pretty damn competitive during that stretch and that was the hardest part of the schedule with it easing up significantly in the weeks to come.

Then Foles took over and the rest is Hall of Shame worthy.

I'm not in the "fire everybody" camp yet, I still think we have talent and I also think Caldwell has played a major role in getting that talent, but the team just flat out looks outcoahced now. It's been a LOOONG time since the team has come out and looked prepared with a game plan to use our strengths and exploit the opponents weaknesses. That falls entirely on coaching.

The man is a former O-linemen for crying out loud and that is the worst part of the entire team and arguably the worst unit of any team of any positions, in all of NFL football.

Its time...need some fresh air and faces

Khans parting gift to Marrone as he is dismissed..

[Image: large_ee31efbb-056a-41a7-ae48-8da1cee56d06.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2019, 08:01 AM by Caldrac.)

(12-11-2019, 11:25 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Khans parting gift to Marrone as he is dismissed..

[Image: large_ee31efbb-056a-41a7-ae48-8da1cee56d06.jpg]
That's too nice. He deserves that [BLEEP] olive loaf nobody eats anymore.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-11-2019, 02:17 PM)NCJag Wrote: You gotta think all the nitrates from the baloney is gonna put him in the hospital anyway

These are the posts that keep us coming back in the midst of such a dismal season.

I applaud your wit. Keep these gems coming!

(12-11-2019, 05:52 PM)Brett Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 02:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [Image: original-doug-marrone]

[Image: image.JPG]

[Image: Crystal-Palace-v-Fulham-Premier-League.jpg]

I like how we went from ice cream to bologna jokes. What a great six years