Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFLPA wins grievance case and slams Jaguars management

(12-16-2019, 05:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did anyone ever believe Shad Khan would be in the running for the worst owner in professional sports when he purchased this team?

To be fair, after the Sprinkles era, Khan thought bringing in some old school toughness would straighten things out. Unfortunately, Coughlin went too far the other way. I'm still willing to give Khan the benefit of the doubt. What's the learning curve for owning an NFL franchise and developing the acumen to vet your team leadership? Especially when he had little to no knowledge of how it was done when he bought the team. 

He's had two widely varying styles of management/coaching in the last 8 years. He's established the bracket. Now let's hope he can find a happy, and effective, medium. It's good this story came out when it did because if Khan was vacillating on which staff to keep after the season, it's all pretty well settled now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:35 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Players today have it so easy.

It's why the product on the field is garbage today.

Any team from the 90s would destroy any team from today and it wouldn't even be close.

That being said - you gotta play by the rules as they are written and ol' Tommy boy refuses to do that.

Yeah, stupid NFL.  Trying to protect a player's health.

That's disingenuous.  This has nothing to do with player health.  It has everything to do with the union contract stating the players are not required to get their rehab, etc., at team facilities in the off season.

I'm definitely of the old school mentality and generally like and support TC.  But you have to follow the rules.  You can't be tougher than the rules allow.  And unfortunately we have a generation of pansies and wilting violets among the player ranks.  The last sentence is a killer.  I think it forces Coughlin into retirement.  You can't have a situation where the union is saying, "Don't play in Jacksonville."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(12-16-2019, 06:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 04:47 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, stupid NFL.  Trying to protect a player's health.

That's disingenuous.  This has nothing to do with player health.  It has everything to do with the union contract stating the players are not required to get their rehab, etc., at team facilities in the off season.

I'm definitely of the old school mentality and generally like and support TC.  But you have to follow the rules.  You can't be tougher than the rules allow.  And unfortunately we have a generation of pansies and wilting violets among the player ranks.  The last sentence is a killer.  I think it forces Coughlin into retirement.  You can't have a situation where the union is saying, "Don't play in Jacksonville."
Precisely. That's all it boils down to. He overstepped and the fact that he didnt understand the rules or policies is concerning.

He's a [BLEEP] EVP of Football Ops. He HAD to know this [BLEEP] before he did what he did.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(12-16-2019, 06:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: That's disingenuous.  This has nothing to do with player health.  It has everything to do with the union contract stating the players are not required to get their rehab, etc., at team facilities in the off season.

I mean, it's already kind whack that players get drafted to cities against their will and are forced to spend 4-5 or more seasons in that city. It would be beyond that if they also had to spend their entire offseasons in that city too.

Bye Tom!

Good riddance.

I thought there were exceptions for injury treatment. This is so the team can keep track of injured players during the offseason.
Did the team go beyond this scope?

So many questions this front office needs to be held accountable to.

(12-16-2019, 06:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 06:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: That's disingenuous.  This has nothing to do with player health.  It has everything to do with the union contract stating the players are not required to get their rehab, etc., at team facilities in the off season.

I mean, it's already kind whack that players get drafted to cities against their will and are forced to spend 4-5 or more seasons in that city. It would be beyond that if they also had to spend their entire offseasons in that city too.

Poor babies.

(12-16-2019, 06:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: That's disingenuous.  This has nothing to do with player health.  It has everything to do with the union contract stating the players are not required to get their rehab, etc., at team facilities in the off season.

Lol, they can choose a different career if they want.  They don't have to make millions in the NFL if they don't want too.

That answers that. 2017 went real nice. Is more blame put on Tc than anyone else? Is Marrone as bad as we think? Caldwell has hit decent in mid rounds. His first rounds are sketchy. Some like Ramsey and Blackmon our of his control. Joke..? Idk. He was projected to be to be pretty high anyways. Was Coughlin more hands off in 2017 while he was the new guy and then [BLEEP] things up in 2018 and 19 when he took more control?? A clean sweep seems inevitable. Just wondering if more so Caldwell and slightly possibly Marrone become scapegoats.

(12-16-2019, 05:02 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: What do we do right?

That's bad all over. Fining a guy 25 times. You would think after the 5th time that they may try something else. Players talk to other players. I'm looking forward to the Jags response

It will be interesting....since Tom as EVP of Football Operations ....this buck stops with him....
as owner of the Jaguars....it reflects directly on Khan.
By advising their members to avoid the Jaguars it directly affects their ability to attract top talent....not really something you want as an owner.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(12-16-2019, 06:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 06:23 PM)Upper Wrote: I mean, it's already kind whack that players get drafted to cities against their will and are forced to spend 4-5 or more seasons in that city. It would be beyond that if they also had to spend their entire offseasons in that city too.
Lol, they can choose a different career if they want.  They don't have to make millions in the NFL if they don't want too.

My eyes almost stuck in the roll position.

I knew bringing back Coughlin was going to be a mistake from the very beginning, but never did I think it could be THIS bad...

The NFLPA is literally telling players not to come here LOL... And we already had to overpay for FAs to begin with.

Coughlin has ran this franchise into the ground twice now... Pathetic.

This franchise is easily the worse run franchise in all of sports.

(12-16-2019, 07:11 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I knew bringing back Coughlin was going to be a mistake from the very beginning, but never did I think it could be THIS bad...

The NFLPA is literally telling players not to come here LOL... And we already had to overpay for FAs to begin with.

Coughlin has ran this franchise into the ground twice now... Pathetic.

This franchise is easily the worse run franchise in all of sports.

Honestly did we really believe we were a top destination at any point in the past 5 years?  I'm not surprised by this report.  Honestly I don't care for league leadership or NFLPA leadership.  Where do you see any semblance of group think or protect the shield?

This is basically the Patriots, Green Bay, Cowboys and Rams show.  The rest of the league gets to play in it from time to time.  The refereeing is suspect and the whole thing top to bottom is getting worse year over year.  Players aren't any healthier or injury free in any way shape or form.  The only thing I do like is the better handling of evaluating and removing players due to injury during games.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Boo Hoo....

NFL Players are so soft....

Give me a break.

Most of these goof balls wouldn't have made it 15 20 years ago..

Fowler sucks.  Ramsey is a cry baby....some cover corner...giving up 20 yards completions all over the play....

They looked good the other night against the Cowboys...
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

Our idea of a "good owner" is someone who will keep the team in Jacksonville.

(12-16-2019, 07:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Our idea of a "good owner" is someone who will keep the team in Jacksonville.

To be fair, an owners job is solely to make money.  It helps with wins.  But if he can make more elsewhere, then he essentially still wins.  Now if the owner wants to make money and win a championship, then that can change things.  But not necessarily in keeping a team in one location.

(12-16-2019, 06:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 06:03 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I mean so many things points to Shad cleaning house at the of the season. However, with this shot across the bow, I don't think Shad should wait so long to speak up and start that.

Everything is marketing, and playing the media. Sure, Shad should take some of the blame. But getting rid of the front office right now, could help to mend the "image" aspect of this announcement. Even waiting for 2 weeks will allow free agents to to take this more to heart.

Sadly, I don't think that he will.
He won't make a move until after week 17 has concluded. But it's coming.

He has no choice really after this. It's embarrassing. It's been every other week with a report here and a report there.

Plenty of finger pointing between Coughlin and the coaching staff. But this is starting to look more and more like Coughlin's classic dictatorship approach overstepping as usual.

It's okay as a coach. Not as a vice president of an entire team's football operations. Tommy boy [BLEEP] up here BIG time.

I suggest he adopts the word savvy. And learns to loosen up on that word grit. Because boy oh boy have you made this organization look bad.

For a team that already may not be the most attractive destination for top tier players, this was a huge blow. What sucks is the The NFLPA issued a punishment for the violation but then felt the need to take it a step further and issue a statement damning the organization. Part of me is pissed that they felt the need to do that publicly but I can’t help but feel like it’s not their fault that we have been so blatantly [BLEEP]. 

This is incredibly bad.

(12-16-2019, 07:32 PM)old_man Wrote: Boo Hoo....

Give me a break.

Fowler sucks.  Ramsey is a cry baby....some cover corner...giving up 20 yards completions all over the play....

That's the problem old man. It's not 15, 20 years ago now is it?

Adapt or die. Right now he's not adapting. Time moves forward. Hate it or love it. Change is inevitable.

The game has passed him. And now we're being essentially thrown out into the public as a bad place to work for in the NFL.

Bad enough being a small market. Bad enough being the poster child of the London connection and losing home games to that scene ever year.

None of this [BLEEP] right now is helping. Coupled with the worst stretch in NFL history since the late 1980's with being beaten 5 weeks in a row by 17 or more points.

The players are soft. Sure. But the people in that building right now are operating with brains as soft as baby [BLEEP]. And it's showing.

But. You got me Boomer!

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Nobody forces players into the draft and players don't sign contracts against their will.  If a player puts himself into the draft and isn't happy with the team that drafted him he's free to not sign a contract and not enter the NFL.  Nothing is "against their will".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(12-16-2019, 07:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 07:32 PM)old_man Wrote: Boo Hoo....

Give me a break.

That's the problem old man. It's not 15, 20 years ago now is it?

Adapt or die. Right now he's not adapting. Time moves forward. Hate it or love it. Change is inevitable.

The game has passed him. And now we're being essentially thrown out into the public as a bad place to work for in the NFL.

Bad enough being a small market. Bad enough being the poster child of the London connection and losing home games to that scene ever year.

None of this [BLEEP] right now is helping. Coupled with the worst stretch in NFL history since the late 1980's with being beaten 5 weeks in a row by 17 or more points.

The players are soft. Sure. But the people in that building right now are operating with brains as soft as baby [BLEEP]. And it's showing.

But. You got me Boomer!

Could not agree more.

Whether you like it or not, this is going to have a big impact on our team moving forward.

Doesn’t matter if any one thinks someone is soft or a crybaby, the fact is two of our first picks are playing out rookie deals on another team because of this [BLEEP]. And whether people want to admit it or not, our team was better with ramsey at corner. Yes we have draft picks now but our d has regressed back to the laughing stock of the league and we just made it less attractive to come here to fix the problem.