Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Khan Fires Coughlin

(12-20-2019, 03:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: So what specific injury is going to be the one that turns him from a 4.3 runner to a 4.9?

It's a good thing Matt Stafford, Nick Foles and Drew Brees don't run. They are extremely safe from injury in the pocket

I honestly don’t know what to tell you. Close your eyes and click your ruby red slippers together while saying, “Lamar is not like the others. Lamar is not like the others…”

I think it's a fair question. ACL tears aren't going to stop him running, nor are broken bones. 

So what's this silver bullet injury that will render him immobile but also can be survived by every other qb?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-20-2019, 04:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 03:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I honestly don’t know what to tell you. Close your eyes and click your ruby red slippers together while saying, “Lamar is not like the others. Lamar is not like the others…”

I think it's a fair question. ACL tears aren't going to stop him running, nor are broken bones. 

So what's this silver bullet injury that will render him immobile but also can be survived by every other qb?

Concussions? Hows Cam Newton doing?

Sometimes you head doesn't want you to run.

(12-20-2019, 04:26 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 03:54 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I honestly don’t know what to tell you. Close your eyes and click your ruby red slippers together while saying, “Lamar is not like the others. Lamar is not like the others…”

I don't think it will be a single injury, but the first one that slows him down to where more start to pile up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 04:30 PM by JackCity.)

(12-20-2019, 04:08 PM)Rico Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: So what specific injury is going to be the one that turns him from a 4.3 runner to a 4.9?

It's a good thing Matt Stafford, Nick Foles and Drew Brees don't run. They are extremely safe from injury in the pocket

So then running the ball has always been a part of all of these quarterback's arsenals...as a matter of fact a huge part?

That's not what I'm saying. What im saying is pocket passers get injured all the time because injury luck is random. 

The number of injuries on designed QB runs is extremely low, which is mostly what Lamar does, and when he scrambles it usually ends in a slide or going out of bounds

(12-20-2019, 04:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think it's a fair question. ACL tears aren't going to stop him running, nor are broken bones. 

I don't think it will be a single injury, but the first one that slows him down to where more start to pile up.

Even if he suffers injuries, Lamar will regress from like a 99th percentile athlete to like a 70th. 

The only thing making him immobile is an Alex Smith type injury which would end most careers

(12-20-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:08 PM)Rico Wrote: So then running the ball has always been a part of all of these quarterback's arsenals...as a matter of fact a huge part?

That's not what I'm saying. What im saying is pocket passers get injured all the time because injury luck is random. 

The number of injuries on designed QB runs is extremely low, which is mostly what Lamar does, and when he scrambles it usually ends in a slide or going out of bounds

(12-20-2019, 04:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think it will be a single injury, but the first one that slows him down to where more start to pile up.

Even if he suffers injuries, Lamar will regress from like a 99th percentile athlete to like a 70th. 

The only thing making him immobile is an Alex Smith type injury which would end most careers

No, what happens is the ankle or knee goes once then the arm or the shoulder or the back or the wrist starts to be a lingering problem as more hits start getting home. Yes he's a freak athlete, but the League has a way of making guys who play that way pay for it over the long haul.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-20-2019, 04:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think it's a fair question. ACL tears aren't going to stop him running, nor are broken bones. 

Concussions? Hows Cam Newton doing?

How many concussions or injuries has Lamar had since his college career began to now? 

And Cam was a power back who actively looked for contact...and still only missed like 5 games 7 seasons due to injury.

The same injury that turned RG3 from an unstoppable runner into a nobody.  While not the career ender that was RG3, our own boy Mark Brunell was never the same after his amazing 96 season followed by a ligament tear in the 1997 preseason.  Still can picture that Giants player diving low at his knee while planting to throw.

I will say though the way the league is protecting QBs at all costs, even when they are outside the pocket and acting as a runner, you have to think the risk of injury is nowhere near as high as it was in previous era's.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 04:42 PM by RicoTx.)

(12-20-2019, 04:29 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:08 PM)Rico Wrote: So then running the ball has always been a part of all of these quarterback's arsenals...as a matter of fact a huge part?

(12-20-2019, 04:29 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I don't think it will be a single injury, but the first one that slows him down to where more start to pile up.

Where are you pulling this number from?  

As I said earlier, these arguments/discussions are pointless.  It'll all answer itself eventually.

(12-20-2019, 04:35 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

The same injury that turned RG3 from an unstoppable runner into a nobody.  While not the career ender that was RG3, our own boy Mark Brunell was never the same after his amazing 96 season followed by a ligament tear in the 1997 preseason.  Still can picture that Giants player diving low at his knee while planting to throw.

I will say though the way the league is protecting QBs at all costs, even when they are outside the pocket and acting as a runner, you have to think the risk of injury is nowhere near as high as it was in previous era's.

Jesse Armstead.  Cheap shot.  In a friggin' pre-season game no less.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-20-2019, 04:34 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:28 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Concussions? Hows Cam Newton doing?

How many concussions or injuries has Lamar had since his college career began to now? 

And Cam was a power back who actively looked for contact...and still only missed like 5 games 7 seasons due to injury.

I really like Jackson, hes been fantastic this season. But this time last year we were all in love with Mahomes and everyone wanted a big arm passer.

The thing you've got to think about, the better Jackson does, the more he embarrasses D's, the more they are waiting for that moment to take his head off. I hope he has a healthy career but it can all end in one play. Seeing Patrick Willis knee the wrong way round taught me that.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 04:44 PM by JackCity.)

(12-20-2019, 04:35 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

The reason RG3 stopped being a starting QB isn't becuase he became immobile. Rather he never got the mental side of the game down , and Brunell the athlete is not really comparable to Lamar the athlete. 

And yeah the hits he's taken are minimal, he's mostly sliding , going out of bounds or in full control of his fall

(12-20-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: How many concussions or injuries has Lamar had since his college career began to now? 

I really like Jackson, hes been fantastic this season. But this time last year we were all in love with Mahomes and everyone wanted a big arm passer.

The thing you've got to think about, the better Jackson does, the more he embarrasses D's, the more they are waiting for that moment to take his head off. I hope he has a healthy career but it can all end in one play. Seeing Patrick Willis knee the wrong way round taught me that.

Patrick Willis retired because of a chronic toe injury lol

(12-20-2019, 04:43 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:35 PM)rfc17 Wrote: The same injury that turned RG3 from an unstoppable runner into a nobody.  While not the career ender that was RG3, our own boy Mark Brunell was never the same after his amazing 96 season followed by a ligament tear in the 1997 preseason.  Still can picture that Giants player diving low at his knee while planting to throw.

The reason RG3 stopped being a starting QB isn't becuase he became immobile. Rather he never got the mental side of the game down , and Brunell the athlete is not really comparable to Lamar the athlete. 

And yeah the hits he's taken are minimal, he's mostly sliding , going out of bounds or in full control of his fall

(12-20-2019, 04:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I really like Jackson, hes been fantastic this season. But this time last year we were all in love with Mahomes and everyone wanted a big arm passer.

Patrick Willis retired because of a chronic toe injury lol

I meant Navarro Bowman. My bad.

(12-20-2019, 04:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: The reason RG3 stopped being a starting QB isn't becuase he became immobile. Rather he never got the mental side of the game down , and Brunell the athlete is not really comparable to Lamar the athlete. 

No, it was because he became immobile.  The guy was a borderline Olympic athlete in college and turned down his chance to go play professional football.  Tore his knee up end of his rookie year and was never the dynamic athlete afterwards.  And like almost all other QBs that are elite athletes and then lose that ability, he couldnt develop the passing game enough to remain a starter.  The guy never had to his whole life and probably never had that ability to begin with.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2019, 09:03 PM by Jags.)

Did we fire TC and hire Lamar Jackson?

(12-20-2019, 05:21 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 04:43 PM)JackCity Wrote: The reason RG3 stopped being a starting QB isn't becuase he became immobile. Rather he never got the mental side of the game down , and Brunell the athlete is not really comparable to Lamar the athlete. 

No, it was because he became immobile.  The guy was a borderline Olympic athlete in college and turned down his chance to go play professional football.  Tore his knee up end of his rookie year and was never the dynamic athlete afterwards.  And like almost all other QBs that are elite athletes and then lose that ability, he couldnt develop the passing game enough to remain a starter.  The guy never had to his whole life and probably never had that ability to begin with.

We've already seen him be very mobile since the injury, the problem is the rest of his game bar having a good arm. 

Lamar is *already* better than RG3 ever was as a passer, and Vick and Kap etc etc

Please take the Lamar Jackson debate to the following link and let this thread get back on track:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...198&page=7

Can you say Hijacked?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Ex Jaguar and current union rep Mickey Washington insinuates Coughlin's work with the Jay Fund is to gain public perception. What a dope. With spiteful people like this representing the nflpa, I find it difficult to ever take their side. NFL owners should fight harder next negotiations. 

Mickey Washington (@MickWash) tweeted at 4:17 PM on Sun, Dec 22, 2019:
My first hand personal knowledge  trumps doing things on behalf of or with an organization to gain public perceptions. Clearly, you have not polled players he coached especially your former teammates.
(https://twitter.com/MickWash/status/1208...91296?s=03)

Inmates running the asylum. IMHO. If the NFL doesn't play hard ball with the union this next go around the NFL is in trouble.

(12-22-2019, 08:33 PM)shadowjag01 Wrote: Inmates running the asylum. IMHO. If the NFL doesn't play hard ball with the union this next go around the NFL is in trouble.

They extended terrible Goodell be prepared for disappointment.  Small market screw job incoming.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Tom is a really bad person? really? LOL, don't even know who this clown is.

TC is stubborn and way too strict but he is nowhere near a bad person, in fact he is not a bad person at all imho.