Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone fired - False Report

(12-28-2019, 01:57 PM)jagman Wrote: I'm glad he won't be back, but in my opinion it was not smart to do it one day before the llast game.  Why not do it Sunday night or Monday morning.

More fans might go to the game now

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It needed to be done, either way. I have nothing personal against Marrone otherwise and I wish him well wherever he goes.

But it is concerning that it sounds like Caldwell and Khan were on the sidelines talking together. Sounds like there's a strong possibility that Caldwell's staying on. I'm not sure I trust him to get the next coaching regime picked right. He has shown no ability to do so yet. And that goes double for finding a franchise QB (Assuming it's not Minshew)

I'd say its still likely he's fired. But it may have leaked early

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 02:01 PM by homebiscuit.)

Now Ian Rapaport says it’s not true.

Never mind…

I'm thinking someone went early. 

Your fired....right after you coach our game tomorrow. Doesn't look great does it.

FWIW Diana knows Doug personally, her uncle went to school with Doug.....so probably knows whats up

We can’t do anything right.

Soooo fired but not fired?!

Looks like he's staying now.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...0459802626

My god

Hes still gone imo

I could be wrong, but I still have a feeling he might stay. Shad does seem patient and I could see him giving him one more year.

Ai Yi Yi .....more drama until this last lame game.
they should just let people in free.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Yeah i tend to believe Russini

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2019, 02:19 PM by nhiverson.)

idk about this

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...4188023808
No Fun

the plot thickens

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1210988364926771201

(12-28-2019, 02:18 PM)nhiverson Wrote: idk about this

Interesting. Though, I don't know that I see him leaving the great situation he has with the 49ers. They could definitely go to the Super Bowl this year and possibly win it. And could have something nice in place for a few years. I don't see him just jumping ship so quickly on that situation, when he could have much more security staying as the DC of the 49ers. (Or if ever wanted to try and move on as a HC, a better job opportunity somewhere else.). Then again he has been with the Jags before as the linebackers coach, so hmmm....,lol.

(12-28-2019, 02:02 PM)JackCity Wrote: FWIW Diana knows Doug personally, her uncle went to school with Doug.....so probably knows whats up

knowing that coniving moron he leaked it to her to make the kahns look bad. He is a weasel of a person and would do somthing like that. The kahns probaby told him he was not staying but said they would let him finish the season, and he went and leaked it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(12-28-2019, 02:18 PM)nhiverson Wrote: idk about this

Would love is honestly.  Him and McDaniels are my top 2 guys right now.

If Caldwell stays and Marrone goes I think Greg Roman is the hire. Caldwell wanted him (they were roommates in college iirc; but really good old friends to say the least) instead of Bradley years ago but Khan fell in love with his "just get better" snake oil. Caldwell never got to choose his own HC as Khan made the decision the first time with Bradley and then TC was hired and kept Marrone after the interim. It could be fair to say that Caldwell was handcuffed from day 1 in not having a HC on the same wavelength as him.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!