Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars take another swing at first-round QB in McShay's latest mock

Per ESPN.

Please god no.

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-j...atest-mock

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Right now they are putting out Mocks to put out mocks. You can't put out the same one or no one will care what you have to say.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Any mock draft that has us taking a first round QB is a joke imo.

Unless perhaps a guy like Tua slides to 20... I'd hate everything about a draft containing a first round QB

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 03:14 PM by JAllen#41.)

I don't mind Herbert, I'd hate Aiyuk at 20 though. I think his value is early to mid 2nd, not mid to late 1st. I like the player though. I just look at it this way, I think the Jags are going to have to invest in the QB position at some point during this draft. I'm just not sure where. The mock I hated most was the cbs one that had us taking Becton at 9 citing protection for Minshew, our QB of the future, as the primary reason why he'd be selected there, but then the same writer turned around at 20 and had us taking Jordan Love saying the Jags need a QB of the future. I was like this makes no sense.

I rated Herbert as a late 2nd round guy.....I'm not alone in my community for rating him so low either

Would be a good move. He can throw a football 65 yards flat footed.

Thought we had our quarterback?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 04:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

2nd best QB in the draft, but not gonna happen

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 04:53 PM by Caldrac.)

I think Herbert is going to end up with the 49ERS.

I see Burrow to the Bengals. I see Tagovailoa to the Dolphins. I think the Chargers are going to either trade down or aim to sign Cam Newton and/or Jameis WInston to compete with Tyrod Taylor this summer.

My problem with a QB being mocked to us in this draft doesn't hold much water to me for a number of reasons.

1. There's been no evidence of them trying to replace Minshew between free agency and the draft process so far.
2. They traded Foles and can't afford to hitch their fortunes to a rookie QB this year.
3. Too many holes elsewhere.

Lastly. The moves being made via free agency also tells me that the current temperature this year regarding this QB class in particular doesn't instill much confidence in general. Carolina is opting with Bridgewater. And a few other teams picked-up some decent QB's from the XFL. Including Carolina.

Chicago traded for Foles. The clots signed Rivers. The Buccaneers gained Brady. The Raiders picked-up Mariota to push Carr (They're probably hoping for a Tannehill 2.0 in 2020 with this move) and you still have Winston and Newton left on the market to shore up additional starting spots potentially.

I honestly wouldn't be shocked one bit that we only end up seeing ONE or TWO QB's taken on opening night of the draft and that's Burrow and Tagovailoa. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe New England or San Francisco tried to position themselves up to land Tagovailoa with Miami there at the 5th spot. But, again, wouldn't be surprised at all to see Burrow go number one. And then? The rest of the QB's start to drop outside of the top ten.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-31-2020, 04:45 PM)Caldrac Wrote: 1. There's been no evidence of them trying to replace Minshew between free agency and the draft process so far.

There might be some rumblings that this might not be super true.

(03-31-2020, 03:41 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Would be a good move. He can throw a football 65 yards flat footed.

I don't want a flat footed QB.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I really believe that the Jags wouldn't take Justin Hebert to replace Minshew. I do believe they'll take him if he's not Justin Hebert, but JUSTIN HEBERT. If you think he's an eventual franchise QB, you take him. If you don't believe that, you don't. Hebert has flashed plenty, and also thrown up some duds. I don't see the Jags taking him, but I also didn't see them taking Minshew last year either.

I'd absolutely love it.

The only way we take Herbert is if he falls to 20.

I have to think that LAC, making their debut in a new stadium (it is going to be ready by season's start, right?) is going to want to make a big splash to draw fans in. QB tends to move the needle more, so if they don't try to jump MIA for Tua, they'll take Herbert, or maybe propose a swap with someone like us that wants to jump CAR and get one of the top defenders left on the board so they can still land Herbert, but also gain some value from their pick.

Herbert is Gabbert 2.0. No thanks.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 01:30 PM by homebiscuit.)

I've asserted before on this board that Vic Ketchman holds Jacksonville in disdain, for whatever reason. This confirms it. 

https://www.askvic.us/

Morgan from Little Chute, WI
Jameis Winston to the Packers in a Teddy Bridgwateresque role?
I don't think he's a good fit for the Packers, but he'll be a good fit for somebody, and I'm not referring to a team looking for a No. 2. Winston is a huge talent. He's a lion that needs to be tamed. I think he'd be a great fit in Jacksonville.

(04-01-2020, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've asserted before on this board that Vic Ketchman holds Jacksonville in disdain, for whatever reason. This confirms it. 

https://www.askvic.us/

Morgan from Little Chute, WI
Jameis Winston to the Packers in a Teddy Bridgwateresque role?
I don't think he's a good fit for the Packers, but he'll be a good fit for somebody, and I'm not referring to a team looking for a No. 2. Winston is a huge talent. He's a lion that needs to be tamed. I think he'd be a great fit in Jacksonville.

He forgot that Jay Gruden is the offensive coordinator. The WCO requires quick reads and precise passing. Winston needs to be in a play-action system to flourish. Oh wait, he was in Arians' offense, and he flamed out in the quintessential play-action system.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 04:08 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-01-2020, 08:35 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Herbert is Gabbert 2.0. No thanks.

Not even close

I'd take Herbert over Tua

anyone see the mock where we trade the lions Yannick and our Two 1st Rounders for Tua?

(03-31-2020, 03:12 PM)JAllen#41 Wrote: I don't mind Herbert, I'd hate Aiyuk at 20 though.  I think his value is early to mid 2nd, not mid to late 1st.  I like the player though.  I just look at it this way, I think the Jags are going to have to invest in the QB position at some point during this draft.  I'm just not sure where. The mock I hated most was the cbs one that had us taking Becton at 9 citing protection for Minshew, our QB of the future, as the primary reason why he'd be selected there, but then the same writer turned around at 20 and had us taking Jordan Love saying the Jags need a QB of the future.  I was like this makes no sense.

Walter Football compared Jordan Love to Blake Bortles based on the athleticism and talent, but up and down tendencies. If the Jags pick him, we'll be asking whether bad Jordan or good Jordan is going to show up any given game. I'd only take a chance on him in round 2, if he slid that far (not likely). That way, there's no pressure to start him. That's where any QB not named Tua or Burrows.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt