Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stimulus

(05-15-2020, 07:19 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 01:45 AM)jj82284 Wrote: He took over the economy.  

Redistribution of wealth and the free creation of wealth are two separate concepts.  The state is incapable of managing risk and producing goods with the efficiency innovation and dynamism of the private sector.

Smarter social democracies have low regulation to allow innovation and dynamism in creating the wealth they need to redistribute.  That's why there are nordic countries held up for their social safety net that rank higher than us in terms of economic freedom.

No, Norway's StatOil and Venezuela's PVDSA were both able to produce oil at competitive prices for a long time.  Statoil and Norway still chug along. Why not Venezuela?

Bruh...  if I'm not mistaken the nordic countries actually rank higher than us on the economic freedom scale & theres a difference between passive ownership of a highly profitable economic sector versus trying to micromanage production.  

Btw, remember when u used to try and pass off that u were a conservative?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I almost posted that, but then I realized how pointless that would be.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2020, 10:16 PM by mikesez.)

(05-17-2020, 09:35 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 07:19 AM)mikesez Wrote: No, Norway's StatOil and Venezuela's PVDSA were both able to produce oil at competitive prices for a long time.  Statoil and Norway still chug along. Why not Venezuela?

Bruh...  if I'm not mistaken the nordic countries actually rank higher than us on the economic freedom scale & theres a difference between passive ownership of a highly profitable economic sector versus trying to micromanage production.  

The Nordic countries have less regulation in many sectors, but their taxes are much higher and the benefits are much higher.  
I was blessed to go on a business trip to Germany recently, our hosts were a manufacturing company and they wanted to show us products we didn't know about and ask what was keeping us from specifying the products we did know about.  The conversation touched on OSHA, the NEC, and the state building codes.  The Germans were surprised and confused, 
"why? Why all these requirements?" 
"You have to make it idiot proof.  If an idiot uses it, it doesn't work, but it also doesn't hurt him." 
"These are not consumer goods! This is machinery that only trained people should be touching." 
"How trained?" 
"Trained for months. Trained since high school." 
"We don't have people like that in the US. We assume that somebody would be touching this machine on their first day."
They just couldn't understand it. They accept it, but they don't understand it. The Nordic countries have taken a similar attitude to workplace safety issues and regulations.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-17-2020, 10:16 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 09:35 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Bruh...  if I'm not mistaken the nordic countries actually rank higher than us on the economic freedom scale & theres a difference between passive ownership of a highly profitable economic sector versus trying to micromanage production.  

The Nordic countries have less regulation in many sectors, but their taxes are much higher and the benefits are much higher.  
I was blessed to go on a business trip to Germany recently, our hosts were a manufacturing company and they wanted to show us products we didn't know about and ask what was keeping us from specifying the products we did know about.  The conversation touched on OSHA, the NEC, and the state building codes.  The Germans were surprised and confused, 
"You have to make it idiot proof.  If an idiot uses it, it doesn't work, but it also doesn't hurt him." 
"These are not consumer goods! This is machinery that only trained people should be touching." 
"How trained?" 
"We don't have people like that in the US. We assume that somebody would be touching this machine on their first day."
They just couldn't understand it. They accept it, but they don't understand it. The Nordic countries have taken a similar attitude to workplace safety issues and regulations.

But, do you remember when you used to try and pass yourself off as a conservative?

You stand for nothing.

(05-18-2020, 08:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 10:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: The Nordic countries have less regulation in many sectors, but their taxes are much higher and the benefits are much higher.  
"How trained?" 

But, do you remember when you used to try and pass yourself off as a conservative?

You stand for nothing.

I think we disagree about what the word means.
In this country, a person who wants the president to be treated like a king is not conservative.
Maybe I'm not conservative either, but I'm more conservative than you.

(05-18-2020, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 08:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: But, do you remember when you used to try and pass yourself off as a conservative?

You stand for nothing.

In this country, a person who wants the president to be treated like a king is not conservative.

Nobody here wants the president to be treated like a king. That's only a lie from your warped Leftist media (the ones who treated Obama like a king).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(05-18-2020, 10:20 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote: I think we disagree about what the word means.

Nobody here wants the president to be treated like a king. That's only a lie from your warped Leftist media (the ones who treated Obama like a king).

Perhaps you haven't seen SC's avatar?

(05-18-2020, 10:35 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 10:20 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Perhaps you haven't seen SC's avatar?

We know you struggle with hyperbole.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-18-2020, 08:07 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: But, do you remember when you used to try and pass yourself off as a conservative?

You stand for nothing.

The intent of my avatar is to give phony liberals like yourself night sweats. Glad to see it is serving its purpose.

(05-18-2020, 10:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 09:59 AM)mikesez Wrote: I think we disagree about what the word means.

The intent of my avatar is to give phony liberals like yourself night sweats. Glad to see it is serving its purpose.

I don't care about you.  I don't think about you. There are no night sweats.  I just dismiss you as an idiot who doesn't know what this country is about, who doesn't know what liberalism is about, and who doesn't know what conservatism is about.
The only thing that frustrates me is people who come across as far more intelligent than you give you more credit and stick up for your garbage.

(05-18-2020, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 10:35 AM)mikesez Wrote: Perhaps you haven't seen SC's avatar?

We know you struggle with hyperbole.

It's the internet. Everyone struggles perceiving sarcasm as soon as the perspectives are even slightly different.

You stand for nothing.

The [BLEEP] is this, opposites day?

(05-18-2020, 12:28 PM)TJBender Wrote:

The [BLEEP] is this, opposites day?

Every day since late January 2017 has been opposite day w/r/t American politics.

(05-18-2020, 11:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 10:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The intent of my avatar is to give phony liberals like yourself night sweats. Glad to see it is serving its purpose.

I don't care about you.  I don't think about you. There are no night sweats.  I just dismiss you as an idiot who doesn't know what this country is about, who doesn't know what liberalism is about, and who doesn't know what conservatism is about.
The only thing that frustrates me is people who come across as far more intelligent than you give you more credit and stick up for your garbage.
“I just dismiss you as an idiot....”

Hahaha I almost spit out my coffee. Almost. Can’t waste it.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 01:39 PM by mikesez.)

(05-18-2020, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 11:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: I don't care about you.  I don't think about you. There are no night sweats.  I just dismiss you as an idiot who doesn't know what this country is about, who doesn't know what liberalism is about, and who doesn't know what conservatism is about.
“I just dismiss you as an idiot....”

If you would have just dismissed me as an idiot, we'd still have the positive and negative feedback ratings. We could all afford to take ourselves less seriously around here.

(05-18-2020, 01:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “I just dismiss you as an idiot....”

If you would have just dismissed me as an idiot, we'd still have the positive and negative feedback ratings.  We could all afford to take ourselves less seriously around here.

Gifting you with negative feedback was dismissing you as an idiot, but you had to cry about them instead of learning from them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 02:31 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(05-18-2020, 11:16 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 10:56 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The intent of my avatar is to give phony liberals like yourself night sweats. Glad to see it is serving its purpose.

A guy who has changed his screen name multiple times because he got banned, cried his way to getting a board feature banned, literally stands for nothing and doesn't have a single original thought, and probably works a dead end job to boot.

You, and anyone who agrees with you are total clowns. There are few things on this planet I respect less than your opinion.

(05-18-2020, 01:39 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you would have just dismissed me as an idiot, we'd still have the positive and negative feedback ratings.  We could all afford to take ourselves less seriously around here.

Nope, you own not having that function any longer. You cried like a little [BLEEP] about it so hard via the report button that the admin/moderator crew couldn't handle your childish tantrum any longer so they eliminated it. That is on you and you alone.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-18-2020, 01:39 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: “I just dismiss you as an idiot....”

If you would have just dismissed me as an idiot, we'd still have the positive and negative feedback ratings.  We could all afford to take ourselves less seriously around here.
Dude what? Hahaha

I can’t. You couldn’t have misread my post any worse. Congrats.

(05-18-2020, 02:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 11:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: I don't care about you.  I don't think about you. There are no night sweats.  I just dismiss you as an idiot who doesn't know what this country is about, who doesn't know what liberalism is about, and who doesn't know what conservatism is about.

A guy who has changed his screen name multiple times because he got banned, cried his way to getting a board feature banned, literally stands for nothing and doesn't have a single original thought, and probably works a dead end job to boot.

You, and anyone who agrees with you are total clowns. There are few things on this planet I respect less than your opinion.

Haven't changed my screenname here even once. Never been banned.