Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How does the Ngakoue situation play out?
This poll is closed.
Ngakoue gets traded before the season starts
15.82%
25 15.82%
Ngakoue gets traded after the season starts but doesn't play for Jags prior
15.19%
24 15.19%
Ngakoue plays for Jags until being traded prior to deadline
12.66%
20 12.66%
Ngakoue signs a long term deal to and plays for the Jags
6.96%
11 6.96%
Ngakoue plays for the Jags on the tag this year
35.44%
56 35.44%
blank #2
3.16%
5 3.16%
corn
10.76%
17 10.76%
Total 158 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Yannick Ngakoue (threads merged)

(05-31-2020, 12:18 AM)surfon Wrote: Yann is a clown at this point imho, and an idiot for not taking the original deal.  He will never recoup what he lost.  Never.

He has a lot of pride, which is good in a player, but in this case he seems to have gotten so ticked off that he can't see reason.  

Mathematically speaking, there's no way he can make up the money he has lost by not signing the deal he was apparently offered last year.  That's why teams get a discount for offering a deal a year early.  I don't understand why he can't see that.  

His agent is Ari Nissim of Roc Sports.  Nissim has other clients, and he's an experienced agent, so he certainly should understand the mathematics of it.  

Nissim negotiated a deal for Todd Gurley a few years ago, which was a record deal for a running back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-31-2020, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 12:18 AM)surfon Wrote: Yann is a clown at this point imho, and an idiot for not taking the original deal.  He will never recoup what he lost.  Never.

He has a lot of pride, which is good in a player, but in this case he seems to have gotten so ticked off that he can't see reason.  

Mathematically speaking, there's no way he can make up the money he has lost by not signing the deal he was apparently offered last year.  That's why teams get a discount for offering a deal a year early.  I don't understand why he can't see that.  

His agent is Ari Nissim of Roc Sports.  Nissim has other clients, and he's an experienced agent, so he certainly should understand the mathematics of it.  

Nissim negotiated a deal for Todd Gurley a few years ago, which was a record deal for a running back.

I guess they don't teach the time value of money at Maryland.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Been thinking about the Yan situation, I'd love for him to turn up and give it his all, I just think this situation has dragged for so long that theres no good ending here.

I think the FO need to sit down with him and his agent and have an adult conversation. Is there anyway he will stay? Is it money, years or do you just want out.

It's not helping us or him how this is all going. If he wants out, come to some agreement with him, sign the tag, give us a 100% focused Ngakoue for a season and if we can agree a good trade then part ways like that or let him walk at the end of the season. Obviously that means not getting anything for him but I fear having a repeat of this most off seasons.

At this point I think he plays on the tag or sits out.

(05-31-2020, 09:47 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Been thinking about the Yan situation, I'd love for him to turn up and give it his all, I just think this situation has dragged for so long that theres no good ending here.

I think the FO need to sit down with him and his agent and have an adult conversation. Is there anyway he will stay? Is it money, years or do you just want out.

It's not helping us or him how this is all going. If he wants out, come to some agreement with him, sign the tag, give us a 100% focused Ngakoue for a season and if we can agree a good trade then part ways like that or let him walk at the end of the season. Obviously that means not getting anything for him but I fear having a repeat of this most off seasons.

If he gets his way this will be the story every time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(05-31-2020, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Regarding the bolded:
I understand the concept of this statement and why everyone keeps saying it, but it ignores that last year's deal was reportedly a Coughlin lowball offer.  Players in their prime signing their second NFL contract absolutely HAVE to maximize that contract as it's their only sure chance to really lock in guaranteed money compared to rookie deals and contracts for aging players. 
  It's THIS year's offer from Caldwell that if not signed would deserve your consternation. Not last year's. He may have been very wise to turn down whatever Coughlin was floating for all we know.

(06-01-2020, 06:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 09:47 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Been thinking about the Yan situation, I'd love for him to turn up and give it his all, I just think this situation has dragged for so long that theres no good ending here.

If he gets his way this will be the story every time.

I completely get that and I dont want Ramsey and Ngakoue to leave like that as it does open the door to others but I just want to find a way forward.

Yan has really annoyed me with his contract position without giving any reason why he feels like that or what the problems are.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2020, 09:35 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(06-01-2020, 07:26 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 07:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: He has a lot of pride, which is good in a player, but in this case he seems to have gotten so ticked off that he can't see reason.  

Regarding the bolded:
I understand the concept of this statement and why everyone keeps saying it, but it ignores that last year's deal was reportedly a Coughlin lowball offer.  Players in their prime signing their second NFL contract absolutely HAVE to maximize that contract as it's their only sure chance to really lock in guaranteed money compared to rookie deals and contracts for aging players. 
  It's THIS year's offer from Caldwell that if not signed would deserve your consternation. Not last year's. He may have been very wise to turn down whatever Coughlin was floating for all we know.

Like YOU said, we don't know the details to last years offer so...

My bet is on Ngakoue being a [BLEEP], just like he is being right now, and Coughlin made a decent offer. Seeing Clark and D-Law contracts it's hard to imagine Coughlin offering less than $16 million per year.
It is easier just to blame the guy who is not on the team anymore though.

BTW, did Coughlin "low ball" Lee? Bortles? Jack? it was problably just that the old man had something against poor saint Yawn.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Glancing over the thread, there's a lot of talk about money.

I think Yann's situation is one of those rare cases in the NFL when it's actually not about the money. There's something else going on we don't know about.

(06-01-2020, 10:12 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Glancing over the thread, there's a lot of talk about money.

I think Yann's situation is one of those rare cases in the NFL when it's actually not about the money.  There's something else going on we don't know about.

He's clearly gotten some bad advice from his agent. Not the first time that's happened in the league. He probably understands that now but he's boxed himself into a corner with his comments so not much he can do without looking like he caved. 

If I were his agent at this point, I'd very badly misquote Pulp Fiction: "As camp approaches and you go to sign your franchise tender, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride messing with you. Forget pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps." 

Something like that. There's a chance he'll play for the tag this year but my money would be on him sitting out the year or going the Ramsey route.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-01-2020, 01:32 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12482...61184?s=21

Dilla

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

It's a snowflake generation thing. His feels were hurt and he doesn't know why. He's ready to unfriend the Jags and delete his account. Because that what people do when they have a conflict.

Its crazy how many fans turned on Yan. He played hard while he was here, did everything that we all wanted from him. The coaches and the front offices let everyone from the winning team go,yet they are still here. Yan realizes they don't know what they are doing. He played his contract out and wants out. They offered lower than we he thought he was worth. Let him go, [BLEEP] it.

We are in a rebuild and most def could have got 2nd for him. I believe Tony Khan is being a [BLEEP]. Let him go and we can move on with our rebuild. The organization [BLEEP] up and are trying to hold Yan hostage, the relationship is over move on and make the team better, we had a decent offseason

(06-01-2020, 08:40 PM)D-Money Wrote: Its crazy how many fans turned on Yan. He played hard while he was here, did everything that we all wanted from him. The coaches and the front offices let everyone from the winning team go,yet they are still here. Yan realizes they don't know what they are doing.  He played his contract out and wants out.  They offered lower than we he thought he was worth.  Let him go, [BLEEP] it.

We are in a rebuild and most def could have got 2nd for him. I believe Tony Khan is being a [BLEEP]. Let him go and we can move on with our rebuild. The organization [BLEEP] up and are trying to hold Yan hostage, the relationship is over move on and make the team better, we had a decent offseason

That you yannick?

Tongue  (This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 06:26 AM by leopold332002.)

(06-02-2020, 03:06 AM)snaxdelrio Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 08:40 PM)D-Money Wrote: Its crazy how many fans turned on Yan. He played hard while he was here, did everything that we all wanted from him. The coaches and the front offices let everyone from the winning team go,yet they are still here. Yan realizes they don't know what they are doing.  He played his contract out and wants out.  They offered lower than we he thought he was worth.  Let him go, [BLEEP] it.

That you yannick?

Tad Dickman is that you? My good friend I don't see nothing wrong with D-Money last post and yet, according to you, he has to be yannick butt kisser because he hasn't turned on him like every other salty Jaguar fan. This organization is unorganized and unprofessional right now but fans like some on this message board praise them like they stuff don't stink. We all have to do better as a franchise and fan base but it needs to start with the organization first based on the way they have been doing things.

Let him go for nothing?  You have got to be kidding me.

(06-02-2020, 06:24 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 03:06 AM)snaxdelrio Wrote: That you yannick?

Tad Dickman is that you? My good friend I don't see nothing wrong with D-Money last post and yet, according to you, he has to be yannick butt kisser because he hasn't turned on him like every other salty Jaguar fan. This organization is unorganized and unprofessional right now but fans like some on this message board praise them like they stuff don't stink. We all have to do better as a franchise and fan base but it needs to start with the organization first based on the way they have been doing things.

"Turn on him". Meaning that they think overpaying for him is a bad idea I guess. Many fans think they made the right decision letting Calais go, so I guess they're turning on him as well. Listen, Yan's attitude notwithstanding, that's what happens in the league: turnover. Most people would rather have Yan on the team than not but he's not wanting to play here anymore for any amount of money. Let it go.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-02-2020, 06:24 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 03:06 AM)snaxdelrio Wrote: That you yannick?

Unorganized and unprofessional.  LOL.

Yep.  Yannick's tweets were the epitome of professionalism.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2020, 08:55 AM by leopold332002.)

(06-02-2020, 08:19 AM)Rico Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 06:24 AM)leopold332002 Wrote: Tad Dickman is that you? My good friend I don't see nothing wrong with D-Money last post and yet, according to you, he has to be yannick butt kisser because he hasn't turned on him like every other salty Jaguar fan. This organization is unorganized and unprofessional right now but fans like some on this message board praise them like they stuff don't stink. We all have to do better as a franchise and fan base but it needs to start with the organization first based on the way they have been doing things.

Unorganized and unprofessional.  LOL.

Yep.  Yannick's tweets were the epitome of professionalism.

Lol. I'm glad that I entertain you especially when it seemed very interesting that you try to post rebuttals on everything that I say. For the record, I don't want yannick here anymore either but I'm not going to condemn anyone who still supports him despite yannick's feelings on this organization. This franchise is unprofessional and unorganized and if you feel anything differently then that say a lot about your evaluation on successful franchises. Our franchise track record for the last decade speaks for itself and I'm not going to blame players who no longer want to play for this organization because of it.