Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(08-14-2020, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If those pictures of Trump and his daughter make you uncomfortable then you probably shouldn't have kids.

If those pictures of Biden with other people's kids don't make you uncomfortable you also probably shouldn't have kids.

If Trump's comments about his own daughter don't bother you, you DEFINITELY shouldn't have kids.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ivanka trump would be ideal for any man, which was his point. But keep making it weird sure

(08-14-2020, 01:11 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If those pictures of Trump and his daughter make you uncomfortable then you probably shouldn't have kids.

If those pictures of Biden with other people's kids don't make you uncomfortable you also probably shouldn't have kids.

If Trump's comments about his own daughter don't bother you, you DEFINITELY shouldn't have kids.

Trump's comments, like always, are mostly bravado and aggrandizement. 

But for the biggies:

Stormy Daniels alleged, "He told me once that I was someone to be reckoned with, beautiful, smart, just like his daughter."  

What a terrible thing to allegedly say to a person. Rolleyes

To Howard Stern: "You know who's one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody?" Trump asked. "And I helped create her. Ivanka, my daughter, Ivanka. She's 6 feet tall, she's got the best body."  Also when Stern asked about breast implants, "She’s actually always been very voluptuous," he said. "She’s tall, she’s almost 6 feet tall and she’s been, she’s an amazing beauty.” 

Taking credit for what he made in a talk with the King of Inappropriate Interviews, pretty normal for Trump and Stern both.

To New York magazine: "Let me tell you one thing: Ivanka is a great, great beauty," Trump told the magazine. "Every guy in the country wants to go out with my daughter. But she’s got a boyfriend." 

Nothing there unusual, I say similar things when people ask about my children. Saying "My boy is 6 feet of muscle and all the girls are after him" is pretty normal for actual parents to say.

"Dating" comments: 
“Yeah, she's really something, and what a beauty, that one, if I weren't happily married and, ya know, her father…”

"I don't think Ivanka would do that inside the magazine (Playboy), although she does have a very nice figure," he said. "I’ve said that it Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

Those comments, made about 3 years apart 15 years ago, sound odd to some folks. For Trump he's offering her the highest praise of a narcissist, contextualizing Ivanka as someone he made and who would be worthy of his interest and expressing it in casual humor. Those comments are really about him, just like most of what he says. People who read more into it than that have an axe to grind or really need some therapy.

[font=UntitledSerif, serif] [/font]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 01:59 PM by Lucky2Last.)

I agree with that assessment. Trumps inability to articulate himself is every bit as prevalent as Joe's intrusion into someone else's personal space.

I can see the case for both candidates. Don't really concern myself with individual sin, since none of these accusations have any proof. All it proves is that both of these men have character flaws that can be exploited after having been in the public eye for decades.

I do concern myself with the double standard. Kavanaugh had none of the baggage associated with him that comes with these two dudes, but he was put through the ringer.

Kissing your daughter is normal. Kissing someone else's daughter is not normal.

Meh.  Women are like cars...

Sure it would be nice to have a brand new one off the showroom floor, but a late model with some miles that might have been driven hard could still be fun.

The thing is, President Trump was complimenting proudly about his daughter and for good reason.  Pretty much any heterosexual male would be attracted to her.

Contrast that with Biden talking about children rubbing his legs and jumping into his lap...  if anything is creepy this is it.

Quote:“By the way, you know, I sit on the stand, and it get[s] hot,” Biden said, flanked by children from the local community. “I got a lot, I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun, and the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and rub my leg down so it was straight and then watch the hair come back up again. They’d look at it.”

The former vice president added that he learned “about kids jumping on [his] lap” from the job and also worked with some “good men” at the pool.

“And I’ve loved kids jumping on my lap,” Biden said at the event, pointing to one of the children standing by his side. “And I tell you what: the men are now all men. The guys I worked with down here, and they’re all guys at the time, they’re all good men”:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-14-2020, 02:54 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Kissing your daughter is normal. Kissing someone else's daughter is not normal.

Your wife or girlfriend is someone else's daughter.

He's got a point.

BRING BACK THE LIKE BUTTON! +1

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f--k things up,” one Democrat who spoke to the former president recalled him saying

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-o...20-primary
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-14-2020, 11:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 02:54 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Kissing your daughter is normal. Kissing someone else's daughter is not normal.

Kissing a wife or girlfriend is usually welcomed by her as a normal part of an ongoing intimate adult relationship. You kissing a 9 year old, or you being her boyfriend, is completely unwelcome.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 08:43 PM by copycat.)

(08-14-2020, 11:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

It’s all so clear now.  Thank you. 16 year old JagNGeorgia Kissing 16 year old’ TheO-Lines sister or daughter is equivalent to 50 year old JnG kissing O-Lines 9 year old daughter.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Pretty sure it was a joke.

(08-15-2020, 10:08 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Pretty sure it was a joke.

It was. Some people can't recognize sarcasm though, because they're too caught up in being offended when their side is called out.

(08-16-2020, 02:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

It was. Some people can't recognize sarcasm though, because they're too caught up in being offended when their side is called out.

Yes, yes...the "I was just kidding about comparing fatherhood to pedophilia" defense. Got it.

(08-16-2020, 02:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Or it was a stupid joke.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(08-16-2020, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 02:23 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It was. Some people can't recognize sarcasm though, because they're too caught up in being offended when their side is called out.

Yes, yes...the "I was just kidding about comparing fatherhood to pedophilia" defense. Got it.

Pedophilia? I was talking about both Trump and Biden being creepy and inappropriate. Do you have any proof things went further? To outright call someone a pedophile without any proof is slanderous. I'd watch how you phrase things. Nowadays, people can get into all kinds of trouble by throwing around words like that without any evidence to back it up. As I said, both Trump and Biden have done/said some pretty "skeezy" things, but as far as I know, they they just don't respect personal space or boundaries. If something criminal went on, I'd be surprised.

(08-17-2020, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:52 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, yes...the "I was just kidding about comparing fatherhood to pedophilia" defense. Got it.

Pedophilia? I was talking about both Trump and Biden being creepy and inappropriate. Do you have any proof things went further? To outright call someone a pedophile without any proof is slanderous. I'd watch how you phrase things. Nowadays, people can get into all kinds of trouble by throwing around words like that without any evidence to back it up. As I said, both Trump and Biden have done/said some pretty "skeezy" things, but as far as I know, they they just don't respect personal space or boundaries. If something criminal went on, I'd be surprised.

[Image: vNCJOg.gif]

(08-17-2020, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Pedophilia? I was talking about both Trump and Biden being creepy and inappropriate. Do you have any proof things went further? To outright call someone a pedophile without any proof is slanderous. I'd watch how you phrase things. Nowadays, people can get into all kinds of trouble by throwing around words like that without any evidence to back it up. As I said, both Trump and Biden have done/said some pretty "skeezy" things, but as far as I know, they they just don't respect personal space or boundaries. If something criminal went on, I'd be surprised.

[Image: vNCJOg.gif]

??????? Boris Johnson pedaling backwards on a little bike? Is this some kind of code? I'm not British, so I don't get it. Is this some kind of British attempt at humor?

Great. See if I count on Mikesez to fact check me the next time I go shooting wildly from the hip. 

You people need to watch what I'm doing.

Thanks for the correction, RJ.

(08-17-2020, 02:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 09:10 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: vNCJOg.gif]

??????? Boris Johnson pedaling backwards on a little bike? Is this some kind of code? I'm not British, so I don't get it. Is this some kind of British attempt at humor?

I assume it means "back pedaling"