Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another jump to conclusions without all the facts...

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 02:19 PM by JackCity.)

(08-24-2020, 02:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 02:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: I see the free speech advocates changed the title of the post. Very interesting

I don't know who changed the title, but it's more appropriate rather than misleading.

Shouldn't be too hard to see who did it. Let me know when the investigation is concluded.

It'd be a shame of they were so triggered by a title

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2020, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 02:13 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I don't know who changed the title, but it's more appropriate rather than misleading.

Shouldn't be too hard to see who did it. Let me know when the investigation is concluded.

There is no "investigation", at least by me because... I just don't care.

Besides... the original title was pretty much the same as a CNN fake news headline.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-24-2020, 02:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: Shouldn't be too hard to see who did it. Let me know when the investigation is concluded.

There is no "investigation", at least by me because... I just don't care.

Besides... the original title was pretty much the same as a CNN fake news headline.

I recall you complaining about mods deleting or editing posts in years past, saying it was against free speech. 

what's changed for you?

(08-24-2020, 02:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(08-24-2020, 02:46 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: There is no "investigation", at least by me because... I just don't care.

I recall you complaining about mods deleting or editing posts in years past, saying it was against free speech. 

what's changed for you?

First of all you must be mistaken.

Second of all you might want to brush up on the forum rules.

Here is a small snippet.

Quote:You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of the Duval Pride team. The administrators and moderators of this forum have the right, but not the obligation, to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible.  It is impossible to review every message. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to report the content to the moderators using the report functionality in the forum immediately. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

So that pretty much covers the whole off-topic portion of this thread, that being the title.  Feel free to reach out to any moderator/admin if you wish to discuss the matter further.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-24-2020, 09:47 AM)p_rushing Wrote: So he had an active arrest warrant out for domestic sexual abuse or something like that. He also was involved in a domestic violence at a bar, pulled a gun and pointed it at people. He then was pulled over, fought the police, was tased until he got on the ground.

I guess he didn't want to be arrested. If you commit a crime, you have to be ready for the consequences.

Was this recent or his criminal history?  I have seen nothing about this.

I hope the guy lives. I also hope he and those around him learned the lesson.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Nope

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Pretty simple to comply then sue if you are being mistreated. Now you just dead.

Wow, there's already a Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jacob_Blake

(08-24-2020, 09:47 AM)p_rushing Wrote: So he had an active arrest warrant out for domestic sexual abuse or something like that. He also was involved in a domestic violence at a bar, pulled a gun and pointed it at people. He then was pulled over, fought the police, was tased until he got on the ground.

I guess he didn't want to be arrested. If you commit a crime, you have to be ready for the consequences.

Source?

Makes me sad the National Inquirer and TMZ are more reliable than the MSM.

Does anyone find it odd that the facts of this case aren't all over the media (other than the rioting and looting) the way they were over the George Floyd case or the thug that got killed in Georgia?

(08-24-2020, 03:22 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Was this recent or his criminal history?  I have seen nothing about this.
(08-24-2020, 05:05 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Source?
It was from 2015. The domestic sexual abuse was from June/July.

https://racinecountyeye.com/police-k9-do...un-at-bar/

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Ooooof the racism is strong with this board 

This isn’t a military state, you can’t just kill civilians on the suspicion he was going to grab a gun. Killing based on conjecture is the stupidest thing I’ve heard of.

(08-24-2020, 06:23 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Ooooof the racism is strong with this board 

This isn’t a military state, you can’t just kill civilians on the suspicion he was going to grab a gun. Killing based on conjecture is the stupidest thing I’ve heard of.

I’ve never been in law enforcement but what you just stated goes against every reasonable aspect of common sense.

Should the cop haves waited for him to fetch his gun?

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 06:31 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(08-24-2020, 06:23 PM)MojoKing Wrote: Ooooof the racism is strong with this board 

Brief education on the law.

In order to use deadly force you don't need proof of a danger to your lives or others - all that is required is that you think there is a danger.

And reaching into a car while being screamed at to get on the ground is, in fact, legally, a danger to lives.

Pretty simple. Comply.

Oh and if that were a white man he would have been shot too.

So you can take that racist charge and... well... whatever. Just don't throw it at us.

(08-24-2020, 06:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

In order to use deadly force you don't need proof of a danger to your lives or others - all that is required is that you think there is a danger.

And reaching into a car while being screamed at to get on the ground is, in fact, legally, a danger to lives.

Pretty simple. Comply.

So you can take that racist charge and... well... whatever. Just don't throw it at us.
It has also been reported the cops told him to drop the knife. I haven't seen it confirmed, but it was reported a witness heard them say it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

If it is a cop and he is afraid for his/her life, you most certainly can. It's called self defense.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 07:01 PM by mikesez.)

(08-24-2020, 06:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Pretty simple. Comply.

This is all accurate.

the only thing one could say different is, the cops should have intervened differently before it became a split second reaction type of situation. With two cops there, and no visible gun on the perp, it's not necessary for the second cop to draw his gun.  the one who chose to draw his gun could have stood back, while the other one should have closed in to tackle to man before he got anywhere close to the car where a gun might have been. 

cops need to be trained to rely less on their guns, and to establish distance when they do choose to use them. Guns are ranged weapons. If two people are fighting hand-to-hand, or within arm's reach of each other, and there is an exposed, unlocked gun in play, something has gone very wrong, tactically speaking. Cops need to be trained to expect chasing and tackling and punching as part of the job.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.