Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

Is there a hotline I can call for pistachio addiction?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I discovered a new thing that I like, Chocolate covered bacon from Peterbrookes
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(09-12-2020, 07:28 PM)The Drifter Wrote: I discovered a new thing that I like, Chocolate covered bacon from Peterbrookes

Don't get it confused with the chocolate covered treat from Baconbrookes.  

Leave me alone. I don't want to talk about it.

I approve of anything with bacon as long as it's not turkey bacon that stuff is just wrong
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Went to a Buffalo Wild Wings here in Fort Worth to watch the game on Sunday.

Good grief...I could've gone to the game for what my final tab came out to be.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-15-2020, 08:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Went to a Buffalo Wild Wings here in Fort Worth to watch the game on Sunday.

The hard way to discover beer refills aren't free.

(09-15-2020, 08:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-15-2020, 08:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: Went to a Buffalo Wild Wings here in Fort Worth to watch the game on Sunday.

The hard way to discover beer refills aren't free.

Who knew?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I don't know man. I looked at my JagsPay transactions yesterday and about [BLEEP] myself. They must be charging to use that app because I had all kinds of strange totals for purchases. I mean I made them all but  beers that were 10 bucks last year are $ 12.84 if you use that app. Brutal.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

All I know is my 2 Tickets to the game in Sec 410 were $181.50
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(09-12-2020, 07:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a hotline I can call for pistachio addiction?

I'll mail you some

(09-15-2020, 01:31 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 07:25 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Is there a hotline I can call for pistachio addiction?

I'll mail you some

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pointsincase.com%2Fw...f=1&nofb=1]

Enjoying your nuts too much?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-15-2020, 01:56 PM)Sneakers Wrote:

Enjoying your nuts too much?

[Image: 9-A879-B27-4925-420-F-8-BBD-4779-BC8-ECE13.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Anyone else getting a PM notification every time someone posts in this thread? It started for me last week.

Check your settings, Did you subscribe to this thread?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2020, 04:59 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(09-15-2020, 04:54 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Check your settings, Did you subscribe to this thread?

Not intentionally. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

(09-15-2020, 04:54 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Check your settings, Did you subscribe to this thread?

So, yes, I was. I've cleared that and it should do the trick. Thanks again.

Since moving to NC in 2011 I have been directly affected by hurricanes/tropical systems more than all the time I lived in FL. 

Sally, be kind. 2020 has already been tough.

(09-16-2020, 09:18 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Since moving to NC in 2011 I have been directly affected by hurricanes/tropical systems more than all the time I lived in FL. 

It certainly took an abrupt right turn, but it's got a long ways to go before it hits NC.  Should be just a windy rainstorm by then.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(09-16-2020, 12:53 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 09:18 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Since moving to NC in 2011 I have been directly affected by hurricanes/tropical systems more than all the time I lived in FL. 

It certainly took an abrupt right turn, but it's got a long ways to go before it hits NC.  Should be just a windy rainstorm by then.

Yeah, the rain is what I'm worried about. They're forecasting heavy rain for a solid 24 hours. We've had an above average rainy summer and a lot of trees are more prone to coming down with even more saturation, even without much wind. 

The last time we had an above average rainy season & heavy rain for 24 hours a few of my neighbors trees came out of the ground and fell over, as well as trees around the area.

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 03:05 PM by The Real Marty.)

What is a good brand of pistachios?  I bought a bag of Costco (Kirkland) pistachios, and they weren't very good.  Is the kind in the shell better than the kind that has been shelled?  The ones I bought were shelled already.