Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

I see no signs in my neighborhood for Biden, even from the leftist that have put up other signs in the past. In my parents neighborhood there is a leftist couple, extremely liberal, that has put up signs all the time and they don't have a Biden sign. They have other signs, but no Biden sign.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-10-2020, 09:54 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 08:03 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: For the large leads that polls are showing for Biden in all these battleground states, the Democrats sure seem to he panicking.

Why?

I think they have fallen into the same hole that they did in 2016, where they totally ignored middle America. I think they knew they were gonna have to focus on the flyover states that Clinton basically refused to acknowledge during her campaign. With the Covid-19 outbreak, they weren't able to do this and they know despite the polls, they are likely gonna lose some key states. Based on what I'm seeing in my area, Biden doesn't have a shot in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. It's nothing but Trump signs and flags for basically miles and miles. 

I don't trust anything the polls say. I'm fully expecting Biden to win the popular vote, thanks to the heavily populated and liberal coastal areas, but I an expecting Trump to win the electoral college again, because people in middle America don't trust Biden's health and Kamala Harris is a "gun grabber." You can basically use any talking points you want, but once you mention limiting people's gun rights in the the midwest, you've totally lost that group of people. Harris is way left of center, even from Biden on this key issue and has even mentioned she agrees with Beto O'Rourke's plan to try and confiscate (aka steal,) people's semi-automatic rifles which were purchased legally. Once you talk about stealing from hard working, law biding people, because of things a few "nut cases" have done, you're screwed. That would incite a civil war. The Democrats just don't see how important that one issue is to people in middle America and as long as they refuse to acknowledge this, they will never win. That one issue is gonna keep them from winning this election, yet I doubt they learn anything from it. Once they added Harris to the ticket, they screwed themselves. They needed a more moderate candidate on the gun issue and Biden and the Pelosi backed powers in charge of the Democrats refuse to give in on the issue. You don't punish everyone for the bad actions of a few.

I think that you are partially right.

Regarding the gun issue and the 2nd amendment it's basically a "no go" no matter where you are at.

Regarding the part in bold, that's pretty much what you will see in any state in the rural areas.  The problem is that the more "urban" larger cities in several states tend to lean way left.  In New Mexico for example, take away Albuquerque and Santa Fe the state would be red.  The same with Colorado.  Take away Denver and the state is pretty much red.  Take away Portland in Oregon.  Orlando and Miami in Florida (for the most part).

That is precisely why the president isn't elected by the popular vote.  That is why you don't see campaign rallies in places like New York, New Jersey or California.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 03:40 PM by Talented Kalamari.)

Guys, I didn’t register to vote before the deadline this year. Please don’t let Trump lose. By no means am I a fan, but it’s clear that he and Pence are the better candidates. If they lose, I may never forgive myself for it.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 03:48 PM by mikesez.)

(10-10-2020, 03:27 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I think that you are partially right.

Regarding the gun issue and the 2nd amendment it's basically a "no go" no matter where you are at.

Regarding the part in bold, that's pretty much what you will see in any state in the rural areas.  The problem is that the more "urban" larger cities in several states tend to lean way left.  In New Mexico for example, take away Albuquerque and Santa Fe the state would be red.  The same with Colorado.  Take away Denver and the state is pretty much red.  Take away Portland in Oregon.  Orlando and Miami in Florida (for the most part).

That is precisely why the president isn't elected by the popular vote.  That is why you don't see campaign rallies in places like New York, New Jersey or California.

The President isn't elected by the popular vote precisely because amendment 12 says he's not. And they didn't write it that way due to any urban-rural divide.
At the time that was written, there was not any urban-rural divide in politics.  The writers had their own reasons that aren't applicable today.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-10-2020, 02:43 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I see no signs in my neighborhood for Biden, even from the leftist that have put up other signs in the past. In my parents neighborhood there is a leftist couple, extremely liberal, that has put up signs all the time and they don't have a Biden sign. They have other signs, but no Biden sign.

That’s funny I’m kind of seeing the opposite in my neighborhood which is a really Republican neighborhood.   There were never any signs around here that I recall for Obama or Hillary Clinton but I see a lot of Biden signs this year.

(10-10-2020, 04:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 02:43 PM)p_rushing Wrote: I see no signs in my neighborhood for Biden, even from the leftist that have put up other signs in the past. In my parents neighborhood there is a leftist couple, extremely liberal, that has put up signs all the time and they don't have a Biden sign. They have other signs, but no Biden sign.

That’s funny I’m kind of seeing the opposite in my neighborhood which is a really Republican neighborhood.   There were never any signs around here that I recall for Obama or Hillary Clinton but I see a lot of Biden signs this year.

You’re in Avondale, aren’t you? What area is really Republican? Cuz I’m in the area too and it’s always way more democrat than republican over here.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2020, 05:26 PM by The Real Marty.)

(10-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SBchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 04:41 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:  That’s funny I’m kind of seeing the opposite in my neighborhood which is a really Republican neighborhood.   There were never any signs around here that I recall for Obama or Hillary Clinton but I see a lot of Biden signs this year.

You’re in Avondale, aren’t you? What area is really Republican? Cuz I’m in the area too and it’s always way more democrat than republican over here.

No, I’m not in Avondale.   I really don’t want to talk about where I live on the internet, but it is not Avondale.

(10-10-2020, 05:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 05:14 PM)SBchbunnie4 Wrote: You’re in Avondale, aren’t you? What area is really Republican? Cuz I’m in the area too and it’s always way more democrat than republican over here.

No, I’m not in Avondale.   I really don’t want to talk about where I live on the internet, but it is not Avondale.

Thought you mentioned it before, must have been thinking of someone else. Sorry
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-10-2020, 07:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 05:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, I’m not in Avondale.   I really don’t want to talk about where I live on the internet, but it is not Avondale.

I think he said he lives next to Kona skatepark.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 05:53 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-10-2020, 07:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 05:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: No, I’m not in Avondale.   I really don’t want to talk about where I live on the internet, but it is not Avondale.

I used to live there.  And yes, you are correct that Avondale is politically diverse.  But the neighborhood I live in now has always been pure Republican, if you go by the yard signs.  I remember it was 100% McCain in 2008.  There were zero Obama signs in this neighborhood, in 2008 or 2012.  And I don't remember seeing any Hillary Clinton signs in 2016.  But this year, there are quite a few Biden signs, although Trump signs still outnumber Biden signs by (I would guess) 2 to 1.

(10-10-2020, 09:53 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 08:23 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't see Democrats panicking at all.  I do think they are so scarred by what happened in 2016, that they don't want to become complacent.  Also, there's the possibility that Trump forces may disqualify large numbers of mail-in ballots, so they want to have a big enough margin that that won't matter. 

But I'm curious.  Where do you see Democrats panicking?
Republicans are leading in mail in ballots, I guess the Democrats are waiting to find out how many ballots they need to mail in to win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everything I have read says the Democrats are way ahead in mail in ballots.  Where do you see that Republicans are leading in mail in ballots?

(10-11-2020, 05:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 07:48 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Thought you mentioned it before, must have been thinking of someone else. Sorry

I used to live there.  And yes, you are correct that Avondale is politically diverse.  But the neighborhood I live in now has always been pure Republican, if you go by the yard signs.  I remember it was 100% McCain in 2008.  There were zero Obama signs in this neighborhood, in 2008 or 2012.  And I don't remember seeing any Hillary Clinton signs in 2016.  But this year, there are quite a few Biden signs, although Trump signs still outnumber Biden signs by (I would guess) 2 to 1.

(10-10-2020, 09:53 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Republicans are leading in mail in ballots, I guess the Democrats are waiting to find out how many ballots they need to mail in to win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Everything I have read says the Democrats are way ahead in mail in ballots.  Where do you see that Republicans are leading in mail in ballots?
It's in the swing states that matter. Someone else posted an article already but basically the swing states have Republicans ahead and outpacing 2016. The Democrats are under performing 2016 even with the mail in option.

(10-11-2020, 06:08 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 05:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I used to live there.  And yes, you are correct that Avondale is politically diverse.  But the neighborhood I live in now has always been pure Republican, if you go by the yard signs.  I remember it was 100% McCain in 2008.  There were zero Obama signs in this neighborhood, in 2008 or 2012.  And I don't remember seeing any Hillary Clinton signs in 2016.  But this year, there are quite a few Biden signs, although Trump signs still outnumber Biden signs by (I would guess) 2 to 1.

It's in the swing states that matter. Someone else posted an article already but basically the swing states have Republicans ahead and outpacing 2016. The Democrats are under performing 2016 even with the mail in option.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...623292001/

"More than 5.6 million people have voted early in the presidential election, vastly exceeding the pace of 2016 as Democrats amass a commanding lead in returned mail ballots.

"In Florida – where Republicans historically have a strong advantage in absentee voting – 497,000 Democrats have returned mail ballots, compared with 270,000 Republicans. In North Carolina, 206,000 Democrats have returned mail ballots, more than triple the 68,000 Republicans who have. Thirty-five percent of North Carolina Democrats who requested mail ballots have returned them, compared with 29% of Republicans. "

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 08:32 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Now the libs have moved on from fake polls to fake (very specific) early voting numbers.

We will need to build more jails very soon.

(10-11-2020, 08:28 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Now the libs have moved on from fake polls to fake (very specific) early voting numbers.

We will need to build more jails very soon.

Everything that isn't what you wanna hear, is fake? Isn't it? It's almost comical. You kinda sound like one of those "flat Earth" people.

(10-11-2020, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 06:08 AM)p_rushing Wrote: It's in the swing states that matter. Someone else posted an article already but basically the swing states have Republicans ahead and outpacing 2016. The Democrats are under performing 2016 even with the mail in option.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...623292001/

"More than 5.6 million people have voted early in the presidential election, vastly exceeding the pace of 2016 as Democrats amass a commanding lead in returned mail ballots.

"In Florida – where Republicans historically have a strong advantage in absentee voting – 497,000 Democrats have returned mail ballots, compared with 270,000 Republicans. In North Carolina, 206,000 Democrats have returned mail ballots, more than triple the 68,000 Republicans who have. Thirty-five percent of North Carolina Democrats who requested mail ballots have returned them, compared with 29% of Republicans. "

I wonder how many of those democrats that returned ballots voted for President Trump.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The only thing that will keep this election from a long drawn out affair like 2000 is if Trump wins the electoral vote outright with poll votes. Otherwise, I do not see a declared winner until December because it will get very ugly.

Now Biden says voters don't deserve to know if he will pack the court. He is starting to lose it, will be interesting to see if they pull back on allowing any questions.

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 12:57 PM by mikesez.)

(10-11-2020, 11:13 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 08:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...623292001/

I wonder how many of those democrats that returned ballots voted for President Trump.

I can tell you one mail in ballot from a registered Republican in FL is getting dropped off tomorrow, and it will be a vote for Biden.

(10-11-2020, 11:39 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Now Biden says voters don't deserve to know if he will pack the court. He is starting to lose it, will be interesting to see if they pull back on allowing any questions.

Just like we didn't deserve to see Trump's Obamacare replacement plan.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-11-2020, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 11:13 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: I wonder how many of those democrats that returned ballots voted for President Trump.

I can tell you one mail in ballot from a registered Republican in FL is getting dropped off tomorrow, and it will be a vote for Biden.

(10-11-2020, 11:39 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Now Biden says voters don't deserve to know if he will pack the court. He is starting to lose it, will be interesting to see if they pull back on allowing any questions.

Just like we didn't deserve to see Trump's Obamacare replacement plan.

You have too much salt in your diet this week.

(10-11-2020, 12:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 11:13 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: I wonder how many of those democrats that returned ballots voted for President Trump.

Big surprise there.