Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 6

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2020, 08:03 PM by Bullseye.)

Took a little longer to get the complete results, but things sorted themselves out.  The divivion leading tacks were a little less loathsome and detestable to me as they pounded the Bills into submission last night.  The Colts wound up losing to an up and coming Browns team, while the Texans, fresh off firing coach Bill O'Brien, beat the Jaguars to get into the win column, and out of the AFC South cellar, now and perpetually occupied by my Jaguars.  This resulted in a 2-1 week for me as the Colts' kept me from going undefeated for the first time this year and 11-5 overall.

Now for this week's games

Houston (1-4) at Tennesseee (4-0)-The Texans got their first win of the season last week and go up against the Titans, against whom they have had considerable success.  But make no mistake, this isn't the Texans of a few years back.  This team is a shell of its former self and doesn't look to be up to the task of continuing their success against the Tacks.  Question for you older fans:  Which was worse...Earl Campbell against Isaiah Robertson  or Derrick Henry vs. Josh Norman?     Tacks win 27-20.

Detroit (1-4) at Jacksonville (1-4)-in a battle of floundering franchises, the Lions travel to Jacksonville to take on the good guys.  The first question is which of these coaches gets fired first?  I don't know, but I don't like the thought of Stafford having time to throw to Golliday, which is what I get when I think of this game.  Detroit wins 31-23.

Cincinnati (1-3-1) at Indy (3-2)-Indy closes the Ohio stretch of their schedule, returning home from a loss to Cleveland to face the Bengals.  The Ravens brought the Bengals and prized rookie Joe Burrow back to earth.  Indy also has a sturdy defense, but I don't think they have the explosive element that the Ravens' D has.  Still, I think it's enough to win at home, especially since the Bengals can't seem to protect Burrow, even though he vows to get rid of the ball faster.  Colts win 27-17.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  11-5

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tack,
Lions
Colts
0-3 Last week. I am not picking jags again till they win 2 in a row. Colts loss surprised me, and tacks I thought would lose with no practice, but I was way off.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Also going with the Bullseye’s picks this week:

Titans
Lions
Colts

1-2 last week
10-6 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 07:25 AM by SeldomRite.)

Tacks lions and colts looks about right to me, too.

1-2 last week so 9-7 overall.

The bills QB got exposed on Tuesday, they're clearly in the mold of the '17 Jaguars, probably going to fall off a cliff in the not too distant future. The Jags are the ultimate "get well" opponent, they'll help the lions get on track. I could see the colts losing again to the Bengals, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt again.

2-1 last week
10-6 overall

Titans over Texans
Lions over Jaguars
Colts over Bengals
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(This post was last modified: 10-15-2020, 11:29 AM by snowwolf776.)

10-6 overall 

colts

tittians

lions make jags look like just born kittens

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-14-2020, 11:47 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am not picking jags again till they win 2 in a row.

The sad kicker to this statement is the Jags might not win 2 in a row until at least this time NEXT season.

What a sad time the Shad Khan era has been.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 03:08 PM by Mikey.)

Bullseye, you're not makin' it easy for the rest of us with that W/L record. Yeesh. Gonna have to start picking some duds just to hope for an upset to make up lost ground....is this the week?

tacks 37 tinhorns 27 - Get right games don't have lasting effects. The tacks bring the horns back down to earth. Vrabel has the team playing very well, and Watson is left looking forward to next season with Coach Bienemy.

Loins 28 Jags 19 - Kicking woes continue for the Jags, two more missed XP and Joe D gives up on PAT attempts for the rest of the season. Stat Padford looks like a Pro Bowler, but of course he does the year that there's no Pro Bowl.

Horseshoes 20 Bungles 19 - My heart wants to take the Bungles, but I already suffer from heartburn enough. Indy squeaks by, but Cincy's future is looking brighter every Sunday.

9-7 on the year, no chance catch Bullseye.....FOR NOW.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 04:17 PM by Redrunt82.)

*My picks for this week*

Tacks ---- Because apparently they are immune to Covid and other teams strengths.

Lions ------- Because the Jags seems to be intent on setting records in futility on defense.

Clots -------- Because.......why not?

Last week:   1-2
Overall    :   9-7

When Shad Khan looks into the mirror at night he has to be thinking "I don't know what I am doing and I attract people of the same ilk".
"So you're saying there's a chance!".   - Lloyd Christmas

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2020, 04:24 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-16-2020, 03:07 PM)Mikey Wrote: Bullseye, you're not makin' it easy for the rest of us with that W/L record. Yeesh. Gonna have to start picking some duds just to hope for an upset to make up lost ground....is this the week?

tacks 37 tinhorns 27 - Get right games don't have lasting effects. The tacks bring the horns back down to earth. Vrabel has the team playing very well, and Watson is left looking forward to next season with Coach Bienemy.

Loins 28 Jags 19 - Kicking woes continue for the Jags, two more missed XP and Joe D gives up on PAT attempts for the rest of the season. Stat Padford looks like a Pro Bowler, but of course he does the year that there's no Pro Bowl.

Horseshoes 20 Bungles 19 - My heart wants to take the Bungles, but I already suffer from heartburn enough. Indy squeaks by, but Cincy's future is looking brighter every Sunday.

9-7 on the year, no chance catch Bullseye.....FOR NOW.

"I'm not gonna fall for the banana in the tailpipe."    Laughing 

It's not like I'm sitting here at 15-1.

I am at 11-5, and I know of at least two guys right on my heels at 10-6.

(10-15-2020, 10:48 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 11:47 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: I am not picking jags again till they win 2 in a row.

The sad kicker to this statement is the Jags might not win 2 in a row until at least this time NEXT season.

What a sad time the Shad Khan era has been.

I don't know if the Jaguars will win once again this season.

10-6 overall.

Tacks over texans, although it’s divisional so I will not be shocked at al if the Texans pulled the upset off

Lions over jags. No explanation needed

Colts over bengals

10-6

Tacks
Jags
Colts
[Image: incredulous.gif]

Titans
Jaguars
Colts

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Last week: 1-2
Overall: 8-8

tacks
Lions
clots

(10-15-2020, 11:29 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: 2-1 last week
10-6 overall

Titans over Texans
Lions over Jaguars
Colts over Bengals

Doh, I gotta say it. You were 1-2 last week  Tongue

Nonetheless...

0-3 last week 
7-9 on the season 

Copying the picks above 

Titans 
Lions 
Colts

0-3 last week
7-9 szn

Let’s ROLL...

JAGS BABY... JUST WIN BABY! (Drinking too early?)
TACKS
CLOTS

Thanks, Bullseye. Smile

3-0 this week
13-6 overall

(10-15-2020, 11:29 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: 10-6 overall 

colts

tittians

lions make jags look like just born kittens

3-0 this week move to 13-6 overall.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(10-14-2020, 08:02 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Took a little longer to get the complete results, but things sorted themselves out.  The divivion leading tacks were a little less loathsome and detestable to me as they pounded the Bills into submission last night.  The Colts wound up losing to an up and coming Browns team, while the Texans, fresh off firing coach Bill O'Brien, beat the Jaguars to get into the win column, and out of the AFC South cellar, now and perpetually occupied by my Jaguars.  This resulted in a 2-1 week for me as the Colts' kept me from going undefeated for the first time this year and 11-5 overall.

Now for this week's games

Houston (1-4) at Tennesseee (4-0)-The Texans got their first win of the season last week and go up against the Titans, against whom they have had considerable success.  But make no mistake, this isn't the Texans of a few years back.  This team is a shell of its former self and doesn't look to be up to the task of continuing their success against the Tacks.  Question for you older fans:  Which was worse...Earl Campbell against Isaiah Robertson  or Derrick Henry vs. Josh Norman?     Tacks win 27-20.

Detroit (1-4) at Jacksonville (1-4)-in a battle of floundering franchises, the Lions travel to Jacksonville to take on the good guys.  The first question is which of these coaches gets fired first?  I don't know, but I don't like the thought of Stafford having time to throw to Golliday, which is what I get when I think of this game.  Detroit wins 31-23.

Cincinnati (1-3-1) at Indy (3-2)-Indy closes the Ohio stretch of their schedule, returning home from a loss to Cleveland to face the Bengals.  The Ravens brought the Bengals and prized rookie Joe Burrow back to earth.  Indy also has a sturdy defense, but I don't think they have the explosive element that the Ravens' D has.  Still, I think it's enough to win at home, especially since the Bengals can't seem to protect Burrow, even though he vows to get rid of the ball faster.  Colts win 27-17.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  11-5

This week:  3-0

Overall:  14-5

This week: 3-0
Overall: 11-8