Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(10-29-2020, 06:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 06:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s all about your ego. You got totally butthurt because people didn’t like what you posted. (1)You were worried about new people coming on the board and seeing all your down votes and thinking you were a loser. Because that’s what you said in the thread talking about it. (2)Nobody owes you an explanation as to why they don’t like something you post. 
(3)Interestingly enough, you don’t seem to need an dissertation as to why someone might have +1 a post from you though...but I’m sure this all has nothing to do with ego. Rolleyes

Armchair psychology is not a good look.
I was concerned that they would think I was rude or uninformed.  I could care less if they think I'm a loser.  This is the Jaguars forum.  We're all losers here!
Nobody owes anyone anything, yes.  You don't have to participate in anything you don't want to participate in.  But if you participate, if you impose on people, if you dump on them, then yes you do owe them things.  If you didn't want to take the time to explain the downvote, maybe, uh don't make it?

As for upvotes, it's not just me! Nobody demands an explanation for positive feedback!  If another woman compliments your outfit, do you stop, and ask her what her favorite part is? No! But if your sister or boyfriend or whatever says you're not looking your best, you're either going to be offended, or you're going to be asking follow up questions about if it's your hair or your shoes or what so you can look better. Would your sister "owe" you an explanation? I want everyone to get upvotes.  Are you so selfish that you assume other people you interact with must also be only thinking of themselves? Check yourself.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 07:27 PM by Jags.)

Lol, he’s not concerned if people think he is a loser.  But more so concerned about looking rude or uninformed.  It’s not a rude/uninformed button, it’s a loser button.  What’s the problem?

(10-29-2020, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Lol, he’s not concerned if people think he is a loser.  But more so concerned about looking rude or uninformed.  It’s not a rude/uninformed button, it’s a loser button.  What’s the problem?

No, it was "negative reputation"
Could mean you're a loser.
Could mean you're rude.
Could mean you're uninformed.
Could mean you owe everyone money and won't pay back.
If you wanted it to be a "loser" button, maybe you should have asked for them to change it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 07:45 PM by Jags.)

(10-29-2020, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 07:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Lol, he’s not concerned if people think he is a loser.  But more so concerned about looking rude or uninformed.  It’s not a rude/uninformed button, it’s a loser button.  What’s the problem?

No, it was "negative reputation"
Could mean you're rude.
If you wanted it to be a "loser" button, maybe you should have asked for them to change it.

Why would I even consider asking them to change it?  It was what it was.  Doesn’t matter what I thought of it.  And I, unlike you had no issue with it.  I think maybe 2 people downvoted me that I can recall.  And if I recall correctly I hit the trips club on the plus side.  We had a thread about it.  They shower you with gifts and and it unlocks other threads not available to the “uncool” kids.   

Yep “man [BLEEP] (female dog) who got the rep button taken away” is a leading candidate for the sig.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 07:56 PM by mikesez.)

(10-29-2020, 07:44 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 07:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: No, it was "negative reputation"
Could mean you're rude.

Why would I even consider asking them to change it?  It was what it was.  Doesn’t matter what I thought of it.  And I, unlike you had no issue with it.  I think maybe 2 people downvoted me that I can recall.  And if I recall correctly I hit the trips club on the plus side.  We had a thread about it.  They shower you with gifts and and it unlocks other threads not available to the “uncool” kids.   

Yep “man [BLEEP] (female dog) who got the rep button taken away” is a leading candidate for the sig.

I think what everyone thinks matters.
Your opinion about some things may not matter.  For instance, if you're a lawn guy, your opinion about lawnmowers is very important! I'm an engineer.  My opinion about the building code matters.  But my opinion about lawnmowers does not matter.
But this is not lawnmowers or building codes. This is an internet message board.
We're not in China.  Your opinion matters, mine matters, Beach Bunnie's matters.
There's a phrase for feeling like your opinion doesn't matter.  It's "learned helplessness". You shouldn't feel that way when you have mods and admins at your fingertips.

(10-29-2020, 06:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 06:13 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s all about your ego. You got totally butthurt because people didn’t like what you posted. (1)You were worried about new people coming on the board and seeing all your down votes and thinking you were a loser. Because that’s what you said in the thread talking about it. (2)Nobody owes you an explanation as to why they don’t like something you post. 
(3)Interestingly enough, you don’t seem to need an dissertation as to why someone might have +1 a post from you though...but I’m sure this all has nothing to do with ego. Rolleyes

Armchair psychology is not a good look.
I was concerned that they would think I was rude or uninformed.  I could care less if they think I'm a loser.  This is the Jaguars forum.  We're all losers here!
Nobody owes anyone anything, yes.  You don't have to participate in anything you don't want to participate in.  But if you participate, if you impose on people, if you dump on them, then yes you do owe them things.  If you didn't want to take the time to explain the downvote, maybe, uh don't make it?

As for upvotes, it's not just me! Nobody demands an explanation for positive feedback!  If another woman compliments your outfit, do you stop, and ask her what her favorite part is? No! But if your sister or boyfriend or whatever says you're not looking your best, you're either going to be offended, or you're going to be asking follow up questions about if it's your hair or your shoes or what so you can look better. Would your sister "owe" you an explanation? I want everyone to get upvotes.  Are you so selfish that you assume other people you interact with must also be only thinking of themselves? Check yourself.

Check myself? I’m not the one having to explain why I whined on a message board because I got down voted! Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 08:05 PM by Jags.)

(10-29-2020, 07:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 07:44 PM)Jags Wrote: Why would I even consider asking them to change it?  It was what it was.  Doesn’t matter what I thought of it.  And I, unlike you had no issue with it.  I think maybe 2 people downvoted me that I can recall.  And if I recall correctly I hit the trips club on the plus side.  We had a thread about it.  They shower you with gifts and and it unlocks other threads not available to the “uncool” kids.   

I think what everyone thinks matters.
Your opinion about some things may not matter.  For instance, if you're a lawn guy, your opinion about lawnmowers is very important! I'm an engineer.  My opinion about the building code matters.  But my opinion about lawnmowers does not matter.
But this is not lawnmowers or building codes. This is an internet message board.
We're not in China.  Your opinion matters, mine matters, Beach Bunnie's matters.
There's a phrase for feeling like your opinion doesn't matter.  It's "learned helplessness". You shouldn't feel that way when you have mods and admins at your fingertips.

No, I think it’s an internet message board and they set it up for us to discuss multiple topics.  Their rules, I’ll follow it.  I think you’ve made too much of the stupid button.  It’s not a “my opinion doesn’t matter” issue as much of a “here is a cool place to discuss stuff and here’s the layout”.  But sadly, people [BLEEP] and moan and like what we’re seeing in America today, a few people get to [BLEEP] it up for the majority that can get along just fine.

(10-29-2020, 08:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 06:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Armchair psychology is not a good look.

Check myself? I’m not the one having to explain why I whined on a message board because I got down voted! Laughing

Yeah, before you wreck yourself. Lol

And this is all on a message board that almost got shot down if not for the hard work of the mods/admins to keep it running aFree it left the Jaguars site. Be lucky you have a place to discuss your bull [BLEEP].

[Image: CAE761-C5-A8-BC-4-F1-A-A17-F-C2-C502-A1-F5-F5.jpg]

(10-29-2020, 08:10 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: CAE761-C5-A8-BC-4-F1-A-A17-F-C2-C502-A1-F5-F5.jpg]
+E=MC^2

If I can say this, Mike, I know it may sound like I’m trying to beat up on you. I’m not. It’s not YOU, it’s your thoughts or ideas I’m against. I’m sure you personally are a good person. I just don’t agree with a damn thing you say.

(10-29-2020, 08:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 06:49 PM)mikesez Wrote: Armchair psychology is not a good look.

Then why'd you get rid of the button?

(10-29-2020, 08:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Check myself? I’m not the one having to explain why I whined on a message board because I got down voted! Laughing

Someone is going to regret asking this question.

(10-29-2020, 08:22 PM)Jags Wrote: If I can say this, Mike, I know it may sound like I’m trying to beat up on you.  I’m not.  It’s not YOU, it’s your thoughts or ideas I’m against.  I’m sure you personally are a good person.  I just don’t agree with a damn thing you say.

Here's some opinions you might agree with: I love my wife, my children and my cats.  I never wanted a dog, but I think my son might be a dog person and we might get him one. I think the Jags get jobbed by the referees more than any other team.

In my opinion, all politicians are at least a little corrupt, especially if they've been reelected more than once.  

But unfortunately we've been trained to think if we just vote for the right guy once every four years, he or she will become the superhuman force and cut through all the barriers no other politician could, and reduce this corruption. And that's not an opinion. That's a fact. Look at Obama's sales pitch in 2008. Put me in and I'll fix it. Trump sales pitch in 2016 too. Put him in and he'll fix it. only he can.  So another fact, the founders did not design the presidency to be the one office that could fix things. obviously there are many other people and many other offices that are supposed to agree first. 

So now, your opinion, please. Long term, can we change our system so one guy can fix it? Or, can we retrain our minds to be more engaged with the entire process as it exists today? And if yes to either question, how?

(10-29-2020, 08:35 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:01 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Check myself? I’m not the one having to explain why I whined on a message board because I got down voted! Laughing

Because we got tired of all the whining and crying about it. All the drama from supposedly grown men! Can you believe there were people whining about down votes all while down voting other people. And not even explaining themselves for it either!

Back on topic. Why is Biden always so pissed off?

(10-29-2020, 08:51 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:22 PM)Jags Wrote: If I can say this, Mike, I know it may sound like I’m trying to beat up on you.  I’m not.  It’s not YOU, it’s your thoughts or ideas I’m against.  I’m sure you personally are a good person.  I just don’t agree with a damn thing you say.

Here's some opinions you might agree with: I love my wife, my children and my cats.  I never wanted a dog, but I think my son might be a dog person and we might get him one. I think the Jags get jobbed by the referees more than any other team.

In my opinion, all politicians are at least a little corrupt, especially if they've been reelected more than once.  

But unfortunately we've been trained to think if we just vote for the right guy once every four years, he or she will become the superhuman force and cut through all the barriers no other politician could, and reduce this corruption. And that's not an opinion. That's a fact. Look at Obama's sales pitch in 2008. Put me in and I'll fix it. Trump sales pitch in 2016 too. Put him in and he'll fix it. only he can.  So another fact, the founders did not design the presidency to be the one office that could fix things. obviously there are many other people and many other offices that are supposed to agree first. 

So now, your opinion, please. Long term, can we change our system so one guy can fix it? Or, can we retrain our minds to be more engaged with the entire process as it exists today? And if yes to either question, how?
If one guy could fix it we wouldn’t have the government we have, now would we?  We already have a process, and if the left didn’t have such a hissy fit about everything that doesn’t go their way  im sure it would be a fine process.  But sadly they Just won’t let anything good happen.

[Image: 20201029-212156.jpg]

(10-29-2020, 08:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:35 PM)mikesez Wrote: Then why'd you get rid of the button?

Because we got tired of all the whining and crying about it. All the drama from supposedly grown men! Can you believe there were people whining about down votes all while down voting other people. And not even explaining themselves for it either!

Now, the rules were, you can downvote anyone at anytime with no explanation, up to 3 time per person per day.  You mods explained these rules to me after I asked about them.  I didn't like them, but I didn't complain further to the mods.  Then I started a thread just to ask if anyone else wanted to change the rules, and no one did.  So from that point on, I followed them and didn't complain about it anymore.  The like and dislike buttons stayed around for another few months.

Didn't whine.  Didn't cry.  You must be talking about someone else.

You cant reason with a male who watches Young Sheldon.

Life lesson.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 09:40 PM by mikesez.)

(10-29-2020, 09:20 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: Here's some opinions you might agree with: I love my wife, my children and my cats.  I never wanted a dog, but I think my son might be a dog person and we might get him one. I think the Jags get jobbed by the referees more than any other team.

If one guy could fix it we wouldn’t have the government we have, now would we?  We already have a process, and if the left didn’t have such a hissy fit about everything that doesn’t go their way  im sure it would be a fine process.  But sadly they Just won’t let anything good happen.

It's the left and the right, though.  Republicans didn't vote for anything Obama wanted.  They did everything they could to stymie him.  Which is fine, sometimes people disagree about everything.  Unfortunate, but that's life.  But what's strange is those same Republicans all got quiet and compliant as Trump carried on many of the same things.  Obamacare: still in place except for individual mandate. Dodd-Frank: still in place, mostly, but the threshold for being considered "too big to fail" was raised so as to cover fewer banks. Immigration reform or a wall: still nothing.

(10-29-2020, 09:33 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You cant reason with a male who watches Young Sheldon.

Life lesson.

You can't, sure.  But others can.  Tell me, what part of the story I told Beach Bunny is false? Did I omit any important fact?