Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

Rappers have come full circle on The Don.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-29-2020, 09:30 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 08:59 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Because we got tired of all the whining and crying about it. All the drama from supposedly grown men! Can you believe there were people whining about down votes all while down voting other people. And not even explaining themselves for it either!

Now, the rules were, you can downvote anyone at anytime with no explanation, up to 3 time per person per day.  You mods explained these rules to me after I asked about them.  I didn't like them, but I didn't complain further to the mods.  Then I started a thread just to ask if anyone else wanted to change the rules, and no one did.  So from that point on, I followed them and didn't complain about it anymore.  The like and dislike buttons stayed around for another few months.

Didn't whine.  Didn't cry.  You must be talking about someone else.

You started a thread about a silly button. Let that sink in.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(10-29-2020, 10:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 09:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: Now, the rules were, you can downvote anyone at anytime with no explanation, up to 3 time per person per day.  You mods explained these rules to me after I asked about them.  I didn't like them, but I didn't complain further to the mods.  Then I started a thread just to ask if anyone else wanted to change the rules, and no one did.  So from that point on, I followed them and didn't complain about it anymore.  The like and dislike buttons stayed around for another few months.

Didn't whine.  Didn't cry.  You must be talking about someone else.

You started a thread about a silly button. Let that sink in.

Was I supposed to bring it up in a thread about Blake Bortles?
Or maybe I should have put it in the song titles and artists thread.  That's not silly at all, of course.
What kind of forum doesn't allow discussion of the rules of the forum?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(10-29-2020, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 10:17 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: You started a thread about a silly button. Let that sink in.

Was I supposed to bring it up in a thread about Blake Bortles?
Or maybe I should have put it in the song titles and artists thread.  That's not silly at all, of course.

It’s very silly to everyone else that isn’t you.  You didn’t want to simply  “discuss” the thumbs down button, you wanted everyone to agree with you on how it should be used because you didn’t like it being used on you. You know, that whole butthurt thing we were talking about.

(10-29-2020, 09:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rappers have come full circle on The Don.
Trump is polling around 30% of Black Americans. If he gets that, I don't think there is any legal way Trump loses.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

An article covering what several people here were talking about in this thread...the possibility of the polls being off and losing credibility if there is a repeat of 2016.

The Article
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-30-2020, 05:14 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: An article covering what several people here were talking about in this thread...the possibility of the polls being off and losing credibility if there is a repeat of 2016.

The Article

Polling data being used to determine the accuracy of other polling data. It’s a circular firing squad.

We’ll know this time next week...maybe.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 06:59 AM by The Real Marty.)

(10-30-2020, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 05:14 AM)KodiakJag Wrote: An article covering what several people here were talking about in this thread...the possibility of the polls being off and losing credibility if there is a repeat of 2016.

The Article

Polling data being used to determine the accuracy of other polling data. It’s a circular firing squad.

You're absolutely right.  I have read a lot of articles about how "hidden Trump voters" don't exist, but there's no way they can know that without doing a poll.  

I have also read articles about how the pollsters have corrected their errors from 2016, by including more white voters without college education, a group they neglected in 2016, and which went heavily for Trump.  But the group they are missing is "people who don't answer polls," and if that group skews heavily towards Trump, then the pollsters will have missed them again.  There's no way to construct a poll that includes people who don't answer polls.

(10-30-2020, 12:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 09:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Rappers have come full circle on The Don.
Trump is polling around 30% of Black Americans. If he gets that, I don't think there is any legal way Trump loses.

The polls that show Trump percentage gains among nonwhite voters also show corresponding Biden percentage gains among white voters.  And since there are more white than nonwhite voters, that's a net gain for Biden.  Of course, this assumes that you believe the polls at all.

So can we bring bask the like button?

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 10:08 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-30-2020, 07:24 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So can we bring bask the like button?

Let's take a poll first to see if people want it to come back, and then vote to see if our polls are accurate.  I think they may be hidden voters that dislike the like button but will state in the poll that they like the like button but will ultimately vote against the like button as disliking the like button is very unpopular within the popular representation on this Jags board so very few people will actually say they dislike the like button but may ultimately vote against it.

Well done.... but let's just bring it back.

(10-29-2020, 10:52 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 10:21 PM)mikesez Wrote: Was I supposed to bring it up in a thread about Blake Bortles?

It’s very silly to everyone else that isn’t you.  You didn’t want to simply  “discuss” the thumbs down button, you wanted everyone to agree with you on how it should be used because you didn’t like it being used on you. You know, that whole butthurt thing we were talking about.

So you're passing judgement on me for wanting others to agree with me?
Are you telling me, when you put opinions and questions out here, no part of you is hoping that the reader agrees with you? You find it just as easy to deal with disagreement (which you're getting from me, right now) as you do agreement?
I find that unlikely.  There's nothing wrong with hoping people agree with you.  That's human.

(10-30-2020, 10:54 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well done.... but let's just bring it back.

Mikesez is going to have that JDub, barrels of oil selling at negative black eye.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-30-2020, 11:53 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:54 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well done.... but let's just bring it back.

Mikesez is going to have that JDub, barrels of oil selling at negative black eye.

With just a like button, that's not possible and everything would be fine.
It's the dislike button that creates that problem, not just for me, but for others y'all scared off long ago.

(10-30-2020, 11:53 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Mikesez is going to have that JDub, barrels of oil selling at negative black eye.

Has this been addressed yet by the PC Police?

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 01:48 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Florida has the Dems panicked. It is finally hitting home that Mike Bloomberg's 100M ad buys can't hold a candle to the Trump ground game. Ads have the opposite effect. They actually piss most people off.

Not turning my state blue yet!

(10-30-2020, 11:25 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 10:52 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: It’s very silly to everyone else that isn’t you.  You didn’t want to simply  “discuss” the thumbs down button, you wanted everyone to agree with you on how it should be used because you didn’t like it being used on you. You know, that whole butthurt thing we were talking about.

So you're passing judgement on me for wanting others to agree with me?
Are you telling me, when you put opinions and questions out here, no part of you is hoping that the reader agrees with you? You find it just as easy to deal with disagreement (which you're getting from me, right now) as you do agreement?
I find that unlikely.  There's nothing wrong with hoping people agree with you.  That's human.

No matter how many times you try to go around and around about it to try and justify it, it all boils down to your ego getting hurt because people actually had the nerve to dislike your comments. 

And no, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if someone disagrees with me. I have confidence in my own thoughts and opinions that I don’t need to be bolstered by others.

(10-30-2020, 03:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:25 AM)mikesez Wrote: So you're passing judgement on me for wanting others to agree with me?

No matter how many times you try to go around and around about it to try and justify it, it all boils down to your ego getting hurt because people actually had the nerve to dislike your comments. 

And no, it doesn’t bother me in the slightest if someone disagrees with me. I have confidence in my own thoughts and opinions that I don’t need to be bolstered by others.

Easy for you to say, though. You didn't actually get any downvotes.

(10-30-2020, 04:34 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 03:45 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No matter how many times you try to go around and around about it to try and justify it, it all boils down to your ego getting hurt because people actually had the nerve to dislike your comments. 

Easy for you to say, though. You didn't actually get any downvotes.

Because she is funny, witty, and people like her. You are the opposite.

(10-30-2020, 06:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 06:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Polling data being used to determine the accuracy of other polling data. It’s a circular firing squad.

You're absolutely right.  I have read a lot of articles about how "hidden Trump voters" don't exist, but there's no way they can know that without doing a poll.  

I have also read articles about how the pollsters have corrected their errors from 2016, by including more white voters without college education, a group they neglected in 2016, and which went heavily for Trump.  But the group they are missing is "people who don't answer polls," and if that group skews heavily towards Trump, then the pollsters will have missed them again.  There's no way to construct a poll that includes people who don't answer polls.

(10-30-2020, 12:06 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Trump is polling around 30% of Black Americans. If he gets that, I don't think there is any legal way Trump loses.

The polls that show Trump percentage gains among nonwhite voters also show corresponding Biden percentage gains among white voters.  And since there are more white than nonwhite voters, that's a net gain for Biden.  Of course, this assumes that you believe the polls at all.

Bingo! Most people I know do not answer the phone if they don't recognize the number. Republicans I know, my husband especially, will not talk to anyone they don't know. They're too busy doing other things. 

Then you have the people who work night shift and don't answer the phone because they're asleep during the day when these calls are made. My husband is gone from this house 14 hours out of 24 on nights he works and he doesn't want to be bothered when he's home. Then there is the single parent working two jobs, the people who evidently lie to pollsters (according to some here anyway), service members who live overseas or are deployed, etc. None of these people have time to answer, don't ever get the call, or don't care about polls.

There are too many categories of people that are not polled or don't answer them for the actual result numbers to be of any significance.