Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 12:45 PM by Jags.)

(10-31-2020, 12:33 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 10:30 AM)Jags Wrote: meltdown

I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine.
if being misunderstood and slandered and lied about made me melt down, I would have taken a long break from this board a long time ago.
Who did you vote for, and who do you think's going to win?

I’m voting for the like/dislike button to come back. I think we have a fair chance of winning

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seconded. The mods need to bring it back. I know it might be a pain to deal with whiners, but just add a rule that you are not going to manage likes and dislikes. People need feedback or they won't post.

I wouldn't mind both buttons coming back. I think it's a bad idea, but I'd stick around, and I would treat both buttons as I did before, unless directed otherwise by the mods.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Truth be told, we don't really need a dislike button. It's not even helpful to the human psyche. There is a negativity bias in the brain that fixates on the negative over the positive. People who use social media are drawn to the likes, not the dislikes. Just bring back the like button. It won't give any mods a headache, and it will give positive affirmation, which is why many people come to these kinds of sites.

(10-31-2020, 02:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Truth be told, we don't really need a dislike button. It's not even helpful to the human psyche. There is a negativity bias in the brain that fixates on the negative over the positive. People who use social media are drawn to the likes, not the dislikes. Just bring back the like button. It won't give any mods a headache, and it will give positive affirmation, which is why many people come to these kinds of sites.

In your scenario,  isn't not having your post liked equivalent to having it disliked?

(10-31-2020, 03:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 02:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Truth be told, we don't really need a dislike button. It's not even helpful to the human psyche. There is a negativity bias in the brain that fixates on the negative over the positive. People who use social media are drawn to the likes, not the dislikes. Just bring back the like button. It won't give any mods a headache, and it will give positive affirmation, which is why many people come to these kinds of sites.

In your scenario,  isn't not having your post liked equivalent to having it disliked?

Mathematically, yes.  Psychologically, no.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 03:10 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(10-31-2020, 03:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 03:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In your scenario,  isn't not having your post liked equivalent to having it disliked?

Mathematically, yes.  Psychologically, no.

His entire post was based on the psychological effects of the feature.

Everyone, important election update. Click here.

https://twitter.com/DanScavino/status/13...88448?s=19

Seal Team 6 rescues hostage in Nigeria.

Joe would have sent a pallet of cash taking 10% off the top.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 03:39 PM by americus 2.0.)

(10-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 01:06 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Girl, trying to reason with him is like trying reason with a tree. No need to beat a dead horse.

People! STOP FEEDING THE DAMN TROLL.

I think we’ve discovered JW’s new persona... Ninja

Yep. I have actually wondered if they're literally one and the same. Only JW could piss me off to the point of having to block her/him from time to time. I get the same vibes from this joker.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020, 04:04 PM by Jags.)

(10-31-2020, 03:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I think we’ve discovered JW’s new persona... Ninja

Yep. I have actually wondered if they're literally one and the same. Only JW could piss me off to the point of having to block her/him from time to time. I get the same vibes from this joker.

It crossed my mind many times that they were the same person as well.

He did recently say he loved his cats....

(10-31-2020, 03:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 01:36 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: I think we’ve discovered JW’s new persona... Ninja

Jdub was one of a kind, but she was an unabashed liberal with Asperger’s syndrome...not even a close comparison.

I’d say Mike compares more favorably to TMD.  He’s obviously not stupid, but he’s very vocal/opinionated and his views are unpopular with most here, therefore he takes a lot of flak.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(10-30-2020, 10:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 07:24 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: So can we bring bask the like button?

Let's take a poll first to see if people want it to come back, and then vote to see if our polls are accurate.  I think they may be hidden voters that dislike the like button but will state in the poll that they like the like button but will ultimately vote against the like button as disliking the like button is very unpopular within the popular representation on this Jags board so very few people will actually say they dislike the like button but may ultimately vote against it.

+1 for you.  I would hit the "like" button... if we had one.

(10-30-2020, 11:53 AM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 10:54 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Well done.... but let's just bring it back.

Mikesez is going to have that JDub, barrels of oil selling at negative black eye.

Take a guess as far as who whined the most (after JDub) about getting "down votes".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The correct term is triggered.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(10-30-2020, 09:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: See if you can watch this without laughing. I'll guarantee you can't.

I think this one is better.  It's almost as bad as sleepy Joe waving to nobody while getting off a plane.

(10-31-2020, 05:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

The correct term is triggered.

Let's suppose you're right. Suppose I'm getting triggered by you guys, and you guys are laughing about it. Which one of us would be the troll in that case?

(10-31-2020, 05:09 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: See if you can watch this without laughing. I'll guarantee you can't.

I think this one is better.  It's almost as bad as sleepy Joe waving to nobody while getting off a plane.

It took her 10 seconds to find 1 person out of the 10+ people there who were not media. Then all the people there ignore the 6ft rule and go up close to the stage and she says nothing.

How about these people actually do what is they say.

(10-31-2020, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 05:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The correct term is triggered.

Let's suppose you're right. Suppose I'm getting triggered by you guys, and you guys are laughing about it. Which one of us would be the troll in that case?

Correlation is not causation. Just because you let yourself be triggered doesn’t mean anyone is intentionally trying to trigger you. That’s all you boo.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I think the race is very close. I think that if Trump loses either Florida or Pennsylvania, he loses the election. I have a feeling Florida is going for Trump.

I’ve voted. Time to sit back and watch what happens.

(10-31-2020, 06:34 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: Let's suppose you're right. Suppose I'm getting triggered by you guys, and you guys are laughing about it. Which one of us would be the troll in that case?

Correlation is not causation. Just because you let yourself be triggered doesn’t mean anyone is intentionally trying to trigger you. That’s all you boo.

How many times did I ask the mods about my score?