Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-04-2020, 09:15 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 08:54 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Yeh.   I still hold out hope that penn is too much of a hill to climb for them and that we can pull out Nevada, but it is amazing, the most anticipated election of our lifetimes and we're just going to take a chill pill @ 1am.   Come on MAN.

Many of the liberal counties in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Nevada stopped counting a couple hours after the lines closed. I can’t think of a legitimate reason for that.

Mailed in ballots?  A lot of states did not allow themselves to start counting mail in ballots until the polls closed.  Hence, the counting slows down considerably once the in-person votes are reported.  

As far as Pennsylvania, if Trump has an 8% lead with 75% of the ballots counted, that means Biden has to win the remaining ballots by 24% to tie it up.  I think Trump will take Pennsylvania.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 09:31 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-04-2020, 09:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The odd thing to me watching several networks last night was the reluctance to "call" states Trump had clear leads in. Take Florida for example. He was sitting with a 400K lead for about an hour and a half with a statistical impossibility of Biden winning before making the call, yet they called states like Arizona and Virginia with <1% of the vote in. I was a little surprised, but after thinking about, not really, that even Fox News was pulling the same stunt. I discovered NewsMax and OAN, so that was a positive.

The AP is openly biased. Many of their attempts at journalism read like editorials. This is their justification.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...d-florida/

That is a load of crap. Biden was WAY underperforming in blue counties even compared to 2016 with the historically red panhandle waiting to report.

Let's be honest,  the MSM wanted to suppress the momentum of Trump winning Florida as long as possible.

What irritated me a little about the coverage last night was that the "explainers" neglected to point out whether mailed-in ballots had been counted or not. I knew mailed in ballots in Florida had been counted early, so even though Biden was ahead, I was pretty sure Trump was going to win Florida. In Ohio, the same thing happened. Everyone was talking about Biden flipping Ohio, but I said, no, Ohio is going to slide over to Trump even though Biden was ahead.

I wonder what happened in Wisconsin because they didn't have enough outstanding votes last night, then in the middle of the night they find just enough.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 09:42 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-04-2020, 09:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: What irritated me a little about the coverage last night was that the "explainers" neglected to point out whether mailed-in ballots had been counted or not.  I knew mailed in ballots in Florida had been counted early, so even though Biden was ahead, I was pretty sure Trump was going to win Florida.   In Ohio, the same thing happened.   Everyone was talking about Biden flipping Ohio, but I said, no, Ohio is going to slide over to Trump even though Biden was ahead.

Ehh, actually that was explained somewhat well on coverage I was watching. They specifically said states like NC will count those first, so don't put stock in the early results while others count them late.

(11-04-2020, 09:39 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I wonder what happened in Wisconsin because they didn't have enough outstanding votes last night, then in the middle of the night they find just enough.

My conspiracy theory brain tells me the Democrats are trying to sneak one by in WI while everyone is looking at PA. It isn't all adding up. Pun intended.

(11-04-2020, 09:39 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I wonder what happened in Wisconsin because they didn't have enough outstanding votes last night, then in the middle of the night they find just enough.

This happens every election.  There's nothing to be suspicious about.  Votes come in in fits and spurts.  And in this election, where Democrats and Republicans basically chose two different methods of voting, that's the cause of the wild swings back and forth.  In both directions.

(11-04-2020, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

This happens every election.  There's nothing to be suspicious about.  Votes come in in fits and spurts.  And in this election, where Democrats and Republicans basically chose two different methods of voting, that's the cause of the wild swings back and forth.  In both directions.

But even you can agree it looks bad when they decide to stop counting votes on election night, no?

(11-04-2020, 09:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:43 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This happens every election.  There's nothing to be suspicious about.  Votes come in in fits and spurts.  And in this election, where Democrats and Republicans basically chose two different methods of voting, that's the cause of the wild swings back and forth.  In both directions.

But even you can agree it looks bad when they decide to stop counting votes on election night, no?

This is not unusual.

Other than the 2000 election (which took 35 days to decide) This is the 1st instance of the ballots not being counted on election night that I can remember........
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

(11-04-2020, 09:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:15 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Many of the liberal counties in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Nevada stopped counting a couple hours after the lines closed. I can’t think of a legitimate reason for that.

Mailed in ballots?  A lot of states did not allow themselves to start counting mail in ballots until the polls closed.  Hence, the counting slows down considerably once the in-person votes are reported.  

As far as Pennsylvania, if Trump has an 8% lead with 75% of the ballots counted, that means Biden has to win the remaining ballots by 24% to tie it up.  I think Trump will take Pennsylvania.

I would understand that if they didn’t stop counting altogether. It’s also my understanding that some states will wait until all in-person voting is completed or do mail-in first, but they don’t do half-and-half and count both together. Either way, I don’t know why they stopped counting at 11pm

(11-04-2020, 09:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:44 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: But even you can agree it looks bad when they decide to stop counting votes on election night, no?

This is not unusual.

It isn't unusual to stop counting votes in 5 states the non-establishment candidate has a lead in?

(11-04-2020, 09:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Other than the 2000 election (which took 35 days to decide) This is the 1st instance of the ballots not being counted on election night that I can remember........

I think it might be because of the unprecedented volume of mail in ballots.

(11-04-2020, 09:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Other than the 2000 election (which took 35 days to decide) This is the 1st instance of the ballots not being counted on election night that I can remember........

I think it might be because of the unprecedented volume of mail in ballots.

Every state could operate like Florida, but they don't want to.

Seeing you guys whine and moan and cling to your little conspiracies is delicious.

(11-04-2020, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is not unusual.

It isn't unusual to stop counting votes in 5 states the non-establishment candidate has a lead in?

I don't know who supposedly stopped counting, but I do know in Pennsylvania, they've been counting around the clock, and there is a livestream of it, so if you're talking about them stopping counting in Pennsylvania, that is not correct.

(11-04-2020, 09:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:47 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It isn't unusual to stop counting votes in 5 states the non-establishment candidate has a lead in?

I don't know who supposedly stopped counting, but I do know in Pennsylvania, they've been counting around the clock, and there is a livestream of it, so if you're talking about them stopping counting in Pennsylvania, that is not correct.

Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin.

We are in for a legal battle the likes of which this country has never seen. President Pelosi is a real possibility.

(11-04-2020, 09:51 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Seeing you guys whine and moan and cling to your little conspiracies is delicious.

Didn't your side say Biden was up double digits in all these states?  So not just wrong, but so wrong that malfeasance is the only legitimate explanation.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-04-2020, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:51 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Seeing you guys whine and moan and cling to your little conspiracies is delicious.

Didn't your side say Biden was up double digits in all these states?  So not just wrong, but so wrong that malfeasance is the only legitimate explanation.

[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTi5Cw19-ipyWMlRvEPn...Q&usqp=CAU]

Ummm no, I haven't even commented on here for months.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 10:05 AM by The Real Marty.)

(11-04-2020, 09:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't know who supposedly stopped counting, but I do know in Pennsylvania, they've been counting around the clock, and there is a livestream of it, so if you're talking about them stopping counting in Pennsylvania, that is not correct.

Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin.

We are in for a legal battle the likes of which this country has never seen. President Pelosi is a real possibility.

Pennsylvania did not stop counting.  I already told you that.  I don't know about the other four.

I'm a Biden supporter, but I always said this race could be very close.  I even predicted that at some point, Trump would be ahead and he would declare victory before the mail in votes were all counted.  Which he has done.