Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-04-2020, 10:18 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The only place I know of that is controversial is Pennsylvania, where they allow ballots to be delivered until Friday, as long as they are postmarked by election day.  But Biden can win without Pennsylvania.  

And if Biden pulls ahead in Pennsylvania before Friday, you can bet Trump will change his mind and want to count all those late ballots.

Michigan "found" 140K votes for Biden in the middle of the night. Let's not pretend PA is the only questionable state right now.

(11-04-2020, 11:03 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Apparently, between 4am and 7am, they found 138k Biden votes and 0 Trump votes.

Lol not suspicious at all.

Yep and that will probably keep him ahead around 25k. Really suspicious with what happened.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am really disappointed in peoples willingness to look the other way because there happens to be an incumbent they absolutely hate right now. The system is using peoples hate for Trump to put policies in place that will impact a generation of voting.

(11-04-2020, 11:08 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:56 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I am not talking about the betting odds. I'm talking about the analysts that were giving the odds. They just changed, and the only thing momentous that happened was they suspended vote counting. Normally when odds change, they were waiting on a specific county to report, then they adjusted. 

This could be solved by voter ID laws and working to make our elections more secure, but the Democrats are constantly taking the opposite position. Why? So they can blame conservatives for doubting the election results? There is no reason not to have a way of accurately keeping track of voters and getting results back quickly. Every year, some major blue county in a key swing state ends up being the last to report. Florida fixed those problems, wasn't a swing state, and Broward reported on time. Either way, this problem is going to be made to seem like it's a bunch of disgruntled Republicans, but the reality is this is a problem created by Democrats that don't want secure elections.

I think they were all fake confident so when Florida seemed terrible they crumbled with ease on past projections. 

If Republicans didn't objectively want less turnout because it means dems do worse so they make it harder for low income areas and black areas to vote there would protect be more leeway given by democrats on voter registration

Voter suppression and voter disinterest are not the same thing.

(11-04-2020, 11:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 10:08 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Give me four years to catch up with you guys.

Only if you give us 8 years after watching you all complain about the Obama era (Birther of all things --- get real)

I’m not a birther, and the whining about Trump exceeds more than anything Obama received.

The culmination of right whining resulted in the terrible phrase, "Thanks, Obama." Yeah... really crazy radical righties, there.

I remember when Fox had entire multi day segments on Obama's tan suit and the time he wore a bike helmet.

Damn Biden could have won by even more

https://twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/13...11136?s=19

(11-04-2020, 11:24 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Only if you give us 8 years after watching you all complain about the Obama era (Birther of all things --- get real)

I’m not a birther, and the whining about Trump exceeds more than anything Obama received.

I have to agree with that on the basis that during the Obama era we had Fox (far right), MSNBC (far left), and CNN (middle left).  During the Trump era, CNN has taken the far left approach so yes, I think the media is heavily anti-Trump.  That said, Trump brings a lot of this on by his tweets and other random untrue comments that he makes on a daily basis.

Oh well, that's the world we live in right now with the advent of social media and high exposure ...... crazy

(11-04-2020, 11:47 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 11:24 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I’m not a birther, and the whining about Trump exceeds more than anything Obama received.

I have to agree with that on the basis that during the Obama era we had Fox (far right), MSNBC (far left), and CNN (middle left).  During the Trump era, CNN has taken the far left approach so yes, I think the media is heavily anti-Trump.  That said, Trump brings a lot of this on by his tweets and other random untrue comments that he makes on a daily basis.

Oh well, that's the world we live in right now with the advent of social media and high exposure ...... crazy

He definitely brings a lot of heat on his own. Democrats would have a lot more support if they pick and choose issues with him instead of complaining about everything.

Trump's campaign manager says nothing has changed, expects to win the remaining states. Not sure if the dems will let them, but the legal fight is on.

(11-04-2020, 12:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Trump's campaign manager says nothing has changed, expects to win the remaining states. Not sure if the dems will let them, but the legal fight is on.

Biden is currently in the lead in Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan.  The remaining votes in those states that have not been counted are either from Democratic strongholds or they are mail in votes, which skew heavily Democratic.  If Biden holds onto those 4 states, he is the winner.  

And at that point, Pennsylvania won't matter, and I don't know what the Trump people could possibly be going to court about.  But I do know that both sides have a thousand lawyers, and lawyers are good at figuring out ways to make money, so I'm sure they'll come up with something.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 01:15 PM by p_rushing.)

(11-04-2020, 01:02 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 12:32 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Trump's campaign manager says nothing has changed, expects to win the remaining states. Not sure if the dems will let them, but the legal fight is on.

Biden is currently in the lead in Arizona, Nevada, Wisconsin, and Michigan.  The remaining votes in those states that have not been counted are either from Democratic strongholds or they are mail in votes, which skew heavily Democratic.  If Biden holds onto those 4 states, he is the winner.  

And at that point, Pennsylvania won't matter, and I don't know what the Trump people could possibly be going to court about.  But I do know that both sides have a thousand lawyers, and lawyers are good at figuring out ways to make money, so I'm sure they'll come up with something.

Michigan actually had Republicans in the lead in absentee voting, it is why they think they will win it very close.
Arizona has not reported election day voting, they have counted early voting, so it's why they say they will win. There is also fraud going on in heavy Trump area where they handed out sharpies to vote with but are now invalidating those votes.
Nevada is the same as AZ.
Wisconsin has some issues, but yes that right now does appear it is out of reach.

One thing is for sure, it’s a good time to be a lawyer.

(11-04-2020, 01:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: One thing is for sure, it’s a good time to be a lawyer.

When will that not hold true?

A better day.
s
;

;

Sharpie Gate....

WI has more votes counted than registered voters .... nothing to see

(11-04-2020, 02:11 PM)p_rushing Wrote: WI has more votes counted than registered voters .... nothing to see

U beat me to it.

(11-04-2020, 02:11 PM)p_rushing Wrote: WI has more votes counted than registered voters .... nothing to see

Good. This needs to happen.