Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

Dudes, why are we still using paper, people, snail mail. if we used the internet and your phone/pc/laptop to vote we'd know the results on Wednesday night. This is so special ed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2020, 12:11 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dudes, why are we still using paper, people, snail mail.  if we used the internet and your phone/pc/laptop to vote we'd know the results on Wednesday night.   This is so special ed.

I tend to agree, but hacking would be an issue.

System should be simple.

1. Voter ID which ties a person to an SSN.
2. SNN validation:
    1. Legal voter
    2. Living voter
    3. Have you voted (yes/no flag) in database.

(11-05-2020, 12:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Vote by mail is a scam. It may not affect you, and you may be willing to turn your head in 2020, but this is going to impact the world your children and  grandchildren grow up in. On your deathbed with the way the country is then, some of you will regret your 2020-selves.

You know what the scam is, having 2 election places in Ponte Vedra Beach, within 4 miles of each other, open for 2 weeks prior to the election, serving a population of 29,000 while people in the inner-city consisting of 5 million people need to wait in line for 8 hours to cast their single vote. There's a reason why people mail-in or drop-off their ballots. For the record, I walked up, voted, and got out in 3 minutes.

Open up a number of polling places based on the population could be a good 1st step to eliminating mail in or drop off voting.  

Also, the GOP were the ones that delayed opening votes until the polls were closed ... hence, the delay.

(11-05-2020, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Vote by mail is a scam. It may not affect you, and you may be willing to turn your head in 2020, but this is going to impact the world your children and  grandchildren grow up in. On your deathbed with the way the country is then, some of you will regret your 2020-selves.

You know what the scam is, having 2 election places in Ponte Vedra Beach, within 4 miles of each other, open for 2 weeks prior to the election, serving a population of 29,000 while people in the inner-city consisting of 5 million people need to wait in line for 8 hours to cast their single vote. There's a reason why people mail-in or drop-off their ballots. For the record, I walked up, voted, and got out in 3 minutes.

Open up a number of polling places based on the population could be a good 1st step to eliminating mail in or drop off voting.  

Also, the GOP were the ones that delayed opening votes until the polls were closed ... hence, the delay.

Inner city folks were waiting 8 hours in line to cast an early ballot?

Are you speaking about the inner city of Jacksonville? Early voting was flawless as far as I am concerned. I could watch my polling location online to see the wait times and went when it was low. Florida is the model of how every state should be. Democrat run states don't want smoothness. Chaos gives them the opportunity to rig elections.

Yes, they’ll spin that chaos into some kind of pity party and then from there it’s impossible to make improvements

(11-05-2020, 12:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:19 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: You know what the scam is, having 2 election places in Ponte Vedra Beach, within 4 miles of each other, open for 2 weeks prior to the election, serving a population of 29,000 while people in the inner-city consisting of 5 million people need to wait in line for 8 hours to cast their single vote. There's a reason why people mail-in or drop-off their ballots. For the record, I walked up, voted, and got out in 3 minutes.

Are you speaking about the inner city of Jacksonville? Early voting was flawless as far as I am concerned. I could watch my polling location online to see the wait times and went when it was low. Florida is the model of how every state should be. Democrat run states don't want smoothness. Chaos gives them the opportunity to rig elections.

+100
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Hey all. Hope your all doing ok. This is going as crazy as I feared. It's going to be a messy couple if days ahead and whoever wins, winning like this isnt how anyone wants it.

How about Trump and Biden, pistols at dawn, good old 10 pace duel. Winner takes the office?

(11-05-2020, 12:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hey all. Hope your all doing ok. This is going as crazy as I feared. It's going to be a messy couple if days ahead and whoever wins, winning like this isnt how anyone wants it.

How about Trump and Biden, pistols at dawn, good old 10 pace duel. Winner takes the office?

Two men enter. One man leaves!

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.com%2Fimage...f=1&nofb=1]

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 12:58 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-05-2020, 12:11 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Dudes, why are we still using paper, people, snail mail. if we used the internet and your phone/pc/laptop to vote we'd know the results on Wednesday night. This is so special ed.

You are joking, right? You've never had a fraudulent charge from your bank or a credit card? Or been hacked by a skimmer at a gas station? If not, you've been awfully lucky. As a Computer/Software engineering consultant, i'm pretty certain hackers would be able to impact the security of our election systems if they were on the internet. Or did you forget 2016, where Russians were allegedly influencing our electoral process via the internet? https:// doesn't always guarantee security.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

You forgot to mention the jackbooted cops with attack dogs manning roadblocks to polling locations in black neighborhoods.

(11-05-2020, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:41 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Hey all. Hope your all doing ok. This is going as crazy as I feared. It's going to be a messy couple if days ahead and whoever wins, winning like this isnt how anyone wants it.

Two men enter. One man leaves!

Exactly!! Who wouldnt watch that?!

Trump tweets evidence of fraud and twitter deletes it. They are zapping his tweets regularly with complete disregard for their own business model.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(11-05-2020, 01:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Two men enter. One man leaves!

Exactly!! Who wouldnt watch that?!

Pay-per-view would make a killing.

There is a person in Michigan that has been showing live searches for dead people and their registered 2020 ballots all day...

(11-05-2020, 12:02 PM)mal234 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: What difference does it make whether they used mail-in or voted in person? I don't think the number would be any different.

I wonder if there may have been some people out there who wanted to vote for him but maybe at the last minute opted not to. Maybe people like some older/higher risk people who decided not to go out due to COVID. (Or went out to a voting site, saw a long line and decided to go home). But maybe at that point it was also too late to do the  mail in ballot. He probably would have been better off encouraging his voters to vote any way they could, especially given the pandemic. We are seeing how mail in votes are making a difference right now. I do wonder how the numbers might have differed had Trump embraced the mail in voting more.

NC had drive up voting where folks could drive up to the voting place and a volunteer would get their info, get them their ballot and have it processed. All without the person getting out of their car. They also had drop boxes for mail-in/absentee in in case folks didn't want it to go through the mail.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 02:17 PM by americus 2.0.)

When did Duval county reach 5 million people? 

When I voted there in 2008, my last before moving to NC, I had no problem voting on election day in whatever polling location serviced Springfield, even though my address on my DL was for Riverside. There was hardly a line which surprised me because I thought everyone was going to crowd the place to vote for Obama.I

Also, in NC they don't start counting ballots until election day. Period. They count them up to the 12th of November as long as the post date is the 3rd. We have a lot of absentee ballots coming in from military folks stationed around the country and overseas. I think that's why they have the "count to the 12th" law in place.

Here's an interesting question- Fox News and the AP so far are the only people to call Arizona for Biden.

Truth is, Fox never should have called AZ for Biden. But they did, and they have not so far taken it back.

If Nevada finishes their count, and everyone, including Fox, calls Nevada for Biden, that would put the Fox News electoral count for Biden at 270! So the question is, will Fox be forced to declare Biden the President-elect at that point?

(11-05-2020, 02:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Here's an interesting question- Fox News and the AP so far are the only people to call Arizona for Biden.  

Truth is, Fox never should have called AZ for Biden.  But they did, and they have not so far taken it back.  

If Nevada finishes their count, and everyone, including Fox, calls Nevada for Biden, that would put the Fox News electoral count for Biden at 270!   So the question is, will Fox be forced to declare Biden the President-elect at that point?

Fox can't wait to declare Biden the winner. Haven't you been paying attention?

It ain't over until the Fat Lady Sings
Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]