Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-05-2020, 06:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: I tend to avoid the trailer parks, too unpredictable

I wasn't mentioning taking guns. Just them stealing an election....you would think that would provoke an armed reaction from everyone who says the guns are partly there to limit political power......

What's wrong with a trailer park?

Usually only one door in and it's going to be a lot closer to a gun than a standard house entrance will be

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-05-2020, 07:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What's wrong with a trailer park?

Usually only one door in and it's going to be a lot closer to a gun than a standard house entrance will be

You should look at HB’s tweet he posted about the AR.  It’ll inform you good.

(11-05-2020, 06:51 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm still a Republican.
I'm going to do everything in my power (which is not a lot) to rid the party of his personality.
If the 2016 Republican presidential primary used proportional representation like the Democrats do, or if they used an approval voting system, or a ranked choice voting system, we'd be talking about how president Rubio or president Cruz just crushed Joe Biden to earn a second term.
We've got to fix this "one round, pick one" voting system at all levels.

Those were my #1 and #2 choices in 2016

Same here.  I only "turned Trump" when I saw how well of a job he has done.  I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary and voted for him in the general election because he "wasn't Hillary".  However, he earned my vote this time because of what he has done for the economy and getting rid of unfair trade deals.  He took on China, brokered peace in the Middle East, got rid of NAFTA and was making this county prosperous again.  The China virus is what did him in along with the voting fraud that is taking place right now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 07:48 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-05-2020, 05:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 05:52 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think the bigger question is where does the GOP go from here? 

Reload and try again in 4 years or dump the Trump tack altogether?

They can't.

Trump is single handedly responsible for bringing black and Hispanic support back to the GOP. They can't dump Trump.

If any of these guys bash Trump as their primary platform, they lose my vote, and I am sure millions of others. Trump is here forever. This is Trump's GOP.

I used to vote Republican. I still believe Ronald Reagan was the best president of my lifetime, but I don't even recognize the Republican party now. McConnell turned them into a bunch of hardliners who won't compromise on anything and Trump turned them into a laughable circus. The only positive thing I could imagine from a Biden presidency (God knows, there isn't much,) is that maybe with Trump gone, the Republicans can go back to the way they were in the 80's, but that may have to wait until McConell drops dead, which is hopefully, sometime soon. I want the Republicans to go back to being the party they were during the Reagan era. He worked with Democrats to create positive change and things have drifted further and further apart since he left office. If the Republicans continue using the "Trump model" in the future, I will never vote Republican again. I am a registered Independent, who voted Libertarian, so my vote is up in the air. I just want a viable candidate from either party who isn't an ancient, senile old fart and doesn't treat his candidacy like a professional wrestler, cutting a promo. We need professionalism, cooperation and compassion from our candidates on both sides of the aisle.

(11-05-2020, 06:06 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 05:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: They can't.

Trump is single handedly responsible for bringing black and Hispanic support back to the GOP. They can't dump Trump.

If any of these guys bash Trump as their primary platform, they lose my vote, and I am sure millions of others. Trump is here forever. This is Trump's GOP.

I think they can and they'll certainly try. 

Also, Trump is no spring chicken and he doesn't look like he has the healthiest diet. I think its more likely one of the sons run.

Uday or Qusay would never make it to the whitehouse.

(11-05-2020, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Aren't you gonna do something about it? I thought you guys all had your guns to stop a tyrannical political power from doing something like this

Trust me.  They will never take my guns.  If and when a civil war breaks out, I am on the side that upholds our Constitution.

If Kamala tries that, she's in for a rude awakening. There would be more bloodshed than in the original civil war. I will defend my property to the death and my neighbors feel the same way.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 08:01 PM by NewJagsCity.)

(11-05-2020, 07:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:51 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Those were my #1 and #2 choices in 2016

Same here.  I only "turned Trump" when I saw how well of a job he has done.  I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary and voted for him in the general election because he "wasn't Hillary".  However, he earned my vote this time because of what he has done for the economy and getting rid of unfair trade deals.  He took on China, brokered peace in the Middle East, got rid of NAFTA and was making this county prosperous again.  The China virus is what did him in along with the voting fraud that is taking place right now.

Same here regarding earning my vote in 2020, and agree on the voter fraud. Its like committing a crime in broad daylight.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 08:14 PM by NewJagsCity.)

I just talked to a friend who moved to San Diego 10 years ago, who received a mail-in ballot both at his former address in Jax (his parents), and his address in SD.  Now, I would assume that if both of those ballots were submitted by whoever, that one of them would be thrown out, but....no one but ballot counters would know that.  However you feel about mail-in voting, the potential for this being corrupt seems to be potentially possible.  Another friend recieved ballots for his dead parents who died 2 and 3 yrs ago....c'mon now.  The government knows when to stop sending SS benefits, but they send ballots? And yes, i understand that SS is Federal and voting is local, but again, because those databases may not be linked is yet another reason to not introduce mail-in's. I hope that some of these closely contested states can be subject to recount. It would be healthy for the Nation, regardless of who wins.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Go through every single vote in swing states and match them to a registered voter.

(11-05-2020, 08:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: I just talked to a friend who moved to San Diego 10 years ago, who received a mail-in ballot both at his former address in Jax (his parents), and his address in SD.  Now, I would assume that if both of those ballots were submitted by whoever, that one of them would be thrown out, but....no one but ballot counters would know that.  However you feel about mail-in voting, the potential for this being corrupt seems to be potentially possible.  Another friend recieved ballots for his dead parents who died 2 and 3 yrs ago....c'mon now.  The government knows when to stop sending SS benefits, but they send ballots?  And yes, i understand that SS is Federal and voting is local, but again, because those databases may not be linked is yet another reason to not introduce mail-in's

If two different jurisdictions mail you a ballot, both of those jurisdictions will count that ballot.
They were supposed to check that you were not registered anywhere else before they sent the ballot.
If you turned both ballots in, that would be a crime in both states, but unless you did something really dumb like brag about it, probably law enforcement never looks into it. 
But before you get brave, remember states keep records of who actually votes for 10 years or so.  So if you actually voted twice, state governments would have all the evidence they needed to indict and convict you sitting under their noses for 10 years minimum.  And people know this.  Few would be brave enough.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-05-2020, 07:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 06:51 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: Those were my #1 and #2 choices in 2016

No proof and there never will be, unless you end up counting isolated instances of a few votes here or there.  Certainly nothing to sway the election like this.  Most sensible Republicans are not buying Trump’s obsessive rants about this.  He lost, and should grow a pair and show a little dignity, but he won’t...part of his “charm”.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-05-2020, 11:28 PM)KodiakJag Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 07:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Same here.  I only "turned Trump" when I saw how well of a job he has done.  I didn't vote for him in the 2016 primary and voted for him in the general election because he "wasn't Hillary".  However, he earned my vote this time because of what he has done for the economy and getting rid of unfair trade deals.  He took on China, brokered peace in the Middle East, got rid of NAFTA and was making this county prosperous again.  The China virus is what did him in along with the voting fraud that is taking place right now.

No proof and there never will be, unless you end up counting isolated instances of a few votes here or there.  Certainly nothing to sway the election like this.  Most sensible Republicans are not buying Trump’s obsessive rants about this.  He lost, and should grow a pair and show a little dignity, but he won’t...part of his “charm”.

He lost? Are you implying the president should concede before he loses?

(11-05-2020, 11:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:28 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: No proof and there never will be, unless you end up counting isolated instances of a few votes here or there.  Certainly nothing to sway the election like this.  Most sensible Republicans are not buying Trump’s obsessive rants about this.  He lost, and should grow a pair and show a little dignity, but he won’t...part of his “charm”.

He lost? Are you implying the president should concede before he loses?

All of the unknown states besides Arizona are trending away from him.
Arizona isn't enough for him to win.
If they stop counting all states now, he loses Arizona, Nevada, and the whole election.

(11-05-2020, 11:42 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He lost? Are you implying the president should concede before he loses?

All of the unknown states besides Arizona are trending away from him.
If they stop counting all states now, he loses Arizona, Nevada, and the whole election.

You do understand this is going to go on for a couple months, right?

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 11:48 PM by mikesez.)

(11-05-2020, 11:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: All of the unknown states besides Arizona are trending away from him.

You do understand this is going to go on for a couple months, right?

The electors will meet in their various state capitals in five weeks.
They will place their ballots in a sealed envelope. The envelope will be marked with the insignia of the state per the requirements of title 3.
The envelopes will be delivered to the Senate and opened on January 6th.
there is not as much room for action or shenanigans as you might think.

(11-05-2020, 11:47 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 11:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You do understand this is going to go on for a couple months, right?

The electors will meet in their various state capitals in five weeks.
They will place their ballots in a sealed envelope. The envelope will be marked with the insignia of the state per the requirements of title 3.
The envelopes will be delivered to the Senate and opened on January 6th.
there is not as much room for action or shenanigans as you might think.

Time will tell.

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 11:54 PM by Jag88.)

Poor loser. Smh at trump team. Time for Biden to unite the country. No more trump show. Trump could have won this still if he would have acted like president this year. He lost it this year. He could not even fake it like he did in the closing weeks of the 2016 campaign. Hubris smh. Good job though republicans on the senate and house.

Your democratic process hard at work.

https://twitter.com/ImWithTrump/status/1...71842?s=19

Looks like Biden is going to win pretty much all the remaining states. Comfortable victory.

I just want this thing over with. For God sakes! How can it be that some of these states are stuck on 95% of the vote being counted? This is ridiculous! They've been stuck on 95% for 2 days! The election process should be totally uniform for every state. Mail-in and early ballots should be counted first, to get them out of the way. They should be received no later than 12:00 midnight on the night before the election and they should be counted on the morning of the election. All people voting in person, on the day of the election should have their ballots counted when the polls close. How hard is this to figure out? We should've been done Wednesday morning! What kind of backassward states are allowing ballots after the polls close? This is so stupid! There was supposed to be a new Dateline NBC tonight and instead, we got more election coverage that proved nothing! Their still on 95%!