Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-06-2020, 05:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:58 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What is up with the military ballots in Georgia? Saw the tweet, but don't see the background on it.

From what I read on Fox News, there could be "up to" 8,899 military ballots in Georgia.  So it could be anywhere between 0 and 8,899.  It depends on how many are returned and postmarked on or before November 3 and received by today.

I would assume that some of them have already been received and counted.  They don't segregate them out and count them last or anything like that.  

I also read that a survey by Military Times found that more troops support Biden than support Trump.

When Trump calls you "suckers" and "losers", disrespects Gold Star families, and tells a real American warrior that he prefers his heroes not to get captured... you can expect the military vote to go to Biden.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-06-2020, 04:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: His brand will explode all over the planet and he will increase his net worth exponentially while still running the office of POTUS from his Twitter account, because people will listen to him more than the actual commander in chief and news organizations will report more on his tweets and interactions because that is what brings them ratings. Trump is not going anywhere.

Since he was one of our best foreign policy presidents in the history of this nation, he will provide input that will severely cripple the effectiveness of the actual commander in chief, and people will listen to him.

Trump the God!  Bow down all you heathens to the awesomeness that is Trump!

That's what I don't understand. So many people treat this guy like he is some deity. I just don't get it. Over the years, he has admitted to lying, cheating on his wives, screwing people over in business, he makes fun of people, he cries when he doesn't get his way, he's greedy, he's selfish, he's thin skinned and he worships money. He represents pretty much everything Anton LaVey preached at the Church of Satan in San Francisco, yet it's largely Christian fundamentalists that follow Trump. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

(11-06-2020, 05:07 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: His brand will explode all over the planet and he will increase his net worth exponentially while still running the office of POTUS from his Twitter account, because people will listen to him more than the actual commander in chief and news organizations will report more on his tweets and interactions because that is what brings them ratings. Trump is not going anywhere.

Since he was one of our best foreign policy presidents in the history of this nation, he will provide input that will severely cripple the effectiveness of the actual commander in chief, and people will listen to him.

Not to mention, he will probably start his own news network or invest highly in OAN or Newmax and poach FNC's best talent. He will also ditch Twitter and join Parler, bringing all conservatives with him, severly damaging Twitters stock.

I think the SDNY will throw a curveball into those plans.  Do inmates get to keep their Twitter or Parler accounts in jail?

Yeah, good luck with that one.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:14 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:08 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:07 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Do inmates get to keep their Twitter accounts in jail?

Lucky Luciano ran the Mafia from jail.  Trump could do the same with the Republican Party.

Half of his campaign helpers from 2016 are already there, so you're probably right.

(11-06-2020, 05:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:07 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I think the SDNY will throw a curveball into those plans.  Do inmates get to keep their Twitter or Parler accounts in jail?

Yeah, good luck with that one.

A little light reading for you:

https://www.wikihow.com/Leave-a-Cult
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-06-2020, 05:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump the God!  Bow down all you heathens to the awesomeness that is Trump!

That's what I don't understand. So many people treat this guy like he is some deity. I just don't get it. Over the years, he has admitted to lying, cheating on his wives, screwing people over in business, he makes fun of people, he cries when he doesn't get his way, he's greedy, he's selfish, he's thin skinned and he worships money. He represents pretty much everything Anton LaVey preached at the Church of Satan in San Francisco, yet it's largely Christian fundamentalists that follow Trump. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

To put it into perspective, 74 million people electing an 80 year old with dementia who has been in DC for 50 years makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:17 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's what I don't understand. So many people treat this guy like he is some deity. I just don't get it. Over the years, he has admitted to lying, cheating on his wives, screwing people over in business, he makes fun of people, he cries when he doesn't get his way, he's greedy, he's selfish, he's thin skinned and he worships money. He represents pretty much everything Anton LaVey preached at the Church of Satan in San Francisco, yet it's largely Christian fundamentalists that follow Trump. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

To put it into perspective, 74 million people electing an 80 year old with dementia who has been in DC for 50 years makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

They didn't elect him as much as they just wanted to remove Trump.  Like agreeing to chemotherapy to remove cancer. You don't "want" chemo, but you know you need it to survive.

(11-06-2020, 05:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 05:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's what I don't understand. So many people treat this guy like he is some deity. I just don't get it. Over the years, he has admitted to lying, cheating on his wives, screwing people over in business, he makes fun of people, he cries when he doesn't get his way, he's greedy, he's selfish, he's thin skinned and he worships money. He represents pretty much everything Anton LaVey preached at the Church of Satan in San Francisco, yet it's largely Christian fundamentalists that follow Trump. It makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

An old man with dementia vs. a man who espouses all the ideals taught by Anton LaVey? We're screwed!

I don’t like it. Smells fishy. Don’t agree with it. But I’ll keep doing my thing.

Lame duck president Trump. That sounds pretty so right.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:27 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Bidens lead in AZ dropped to less than 39K votes with another 270K ballots to be counted, which they will not finish until Sunday.

Fox News called this state on Tuesday evening and refused to retract the call multiple times. Should get interesting!

(11-06-2020, 05:20 PM)captivating Wrote: Lame duck president Trump.  That sounds pretty so right.

I guess it can't be any worse than being a lame duck president before you even take office.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 05:35 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-06-2020, 05:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Bidens lead in AZ dropped to less than 39K votes with another 270K ballots to be counted, which they will not finish until Sunday.

Fox News called this state on Tuesday evening and refused to retract the call multiple times. Should get interesting!

(11-06-2020, 05:20 PM)captivating Wrote: Lame duck president Trump.  That sounds pretty so right.

I guess it can't be any worse than being a lame duck president before you even take office.

I  will be on the edge on my seat waiting to see if Biden gets 306 or 295.  Thrilling....

(11-06-2020, 05:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 04:49 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Trump the God!  Bow down all you heathens to the awesomeness that is Trump!

I often think it might be an elaborate practical joke, because this many people cant be this dumb. Its like if half the world started believing the earth was square..Like uhhh, REALLY? Is this real life?

Trump could literally hold a rally were he tells each and every person in attendance that they are useless pieces of [BLEEP] and deserve to die ,and the only thing that will happen is louder cheers and rebel flags waving faster.

Dumb people cant realize that they are dumb, the brain power just isnt available.

Even though I don’t agree with the “results”, I will no longer bicker/argue with our left friends on the board about the election. I doubt after court it gets turned around. Y’all won. Hope it is all worth it and what you expected. I’ll be nice to mike until the next thread in which we disagree.

Speaking of which, my search yielded no results. I’m not sure which thread it was in, Mike, but I distinctly remember me quoting either you or Americus saying “I’ll take that bet”. We need to find it.

(11-06-2020, 06:03 PM)Jags Wrote: Even though I don’t agree with the “results”, I will no longer bicker/argue with our left friends on the board about the election.  I doubt after court it gets turned around.  Y’all won.  Hope it is all worth it and what you expected.  I’ll be nice to mike until the next thread in which we disagree.  

Speaking of which, my search yielded no results.  I’m not sure which thread it was in, Mike, but I distinctly remember me quoting either you or Americus saying “I’ll take that bet”. We need to find it.

Starts on this page I think...

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1334264
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(11-06-2020, 07:37 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 06:03 PM)Jags Wrote: Even though I don’t agree with the “results”, I will no longer bicker/argue with our left friends on the board about the election.  I doubt after court it gets turned around.  Y’all won.  Hope it is all worth it and what you expected.  I’ll be nice to mike until the next thread in which we disagree.  

Speaking of which, my search yielded no results.  I’m not sure which thread it was in, Mike, but I distinctly remember me quoting either you or Americus saying “I’ll take that bet”. We need to find it.

Starts on this page I think...

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1334264

Thank you so much!!   So apparently I was wrong, Biden needs to be 25th’d.  So just regular dying or Democrats patsy-ing  a guy in assasinating  him doesn’t make him a winner.  Whatever.  I’ll still take it.  

I was under the impression it was Biden not being president during the timeframe he should be if he won. But, I made the bet, I’m a man, I’ll honor it either way

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 08:37 PM by Jags.)

(10-28-2020, 08:11 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 07:34 PM)Jags Wrote: Autocorrect changed my post(quite a bit).  But the overall sentiment holds true. But if Biden is pres. he won’t be for a full 4 years.  I’ll take the bet and whatever consequences involved if I lose.

Before I say yes, what do I do if I lose? A dig of your choice? If so I’m in

Damnit, sig.  [BLEEP] autocorrect

And if you lose, a dig of my choice?  And we won’t know until potentially 4 years from now???

Ok Jags, it is on like Donkey Kong.

I admit, there’s wiggle room, but I did say Biden wouldn’t be President for the full 4 years.  That was my intention.   You’re arguing otherwise.  We’ll let the posters decide what we bet? Fair?

(11-06-2020, 08:36 PM)Jags Wrote:
(10-28-2020, 08:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: Ok Jags, it is on like Donkey Kong.

I admit, there’s wiggle room, but I did say Biden wouldn’t be President for the full 4 years.  That was my intention.   You’re arguing otherwise.  We’ll let the posters decide what we bet? Fair?

Dang dude.
I even got Biden retiring as a push on our bet.
You must have been drunk.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-06-2020, 08:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 08:36 PM)Jags Wrote: I admit, there’s wiggle room, but I did say Biden wouldn’t be President for the full 4 years.  That was my intention.   You’re arguing otherwise.  We’ll let the posters decide what we bet? Fair?

Dang dude.
Fair chance...

So can we agree to what the bet actually is?  I was under the impression (didn’t read all the posts at the time) Biden, if elected, would not be president for 4 years.  Do you have a different perspective on our bet?

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2020, 08:54 PM by mikesez.)

(11-06-2020, 08:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(11-06-2020, 08:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: Dang dude.
Fair chance...

So can we agree to what the bet actually is?  I was under the impression (didn’t read all the posts at the time) Biden, if elected, would not be president for 4 years.  Do you have a different perspective on our bet?

I did, but, I'll give you your new impression.
Death is a push
Retirement, you win, because he probably only retires if they're about to force removal, like Nixon did.
Removal, you win.
If he serves his full four years, I win.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.