Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-07-2020, 05:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I take them at their word on this one.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/12/politics/...index.html

Theoretical, political rhetoric and practical, legal implementation never match.  You seem like a smart guy who knows this.

Everything starts with an idea. I'm coming from a position of a world my kids and grandkids will live in.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 05:47 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-07-2020, 05:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 05:43 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Theoretical, political rhetoric and practical, legal implementation never match.  You seem like a smart guy who knows this.

Everything starts with an idea. I'm coming from a position of a world my kids and grandkids will live in.

So am I.  Doing what I can to reduce the chances they get shot at school or a concert.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-07-2020, 05:46 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 05:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Everything starts with an idea. I'm coming from a position of a world my kids and grandkids will live in.

So am I.  Doing what I can to reduce the chances they get shot at school or a concert.

Self defense is a quicker path than prevention on this one.

I get it. I agree, but nothing will change, so you do what you can control.

(11-07-2020, 05:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 05:46 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: So am I.  Doing what I can to reduce the chances they get shot at school or a concert.

Self defense is a quicker path than prevention on this one.

I get it. I agree, but nothing will change, so you do what you can control.

Your kids are gonna be armed at school and a concert?

I hear you.  We are talking philosophically here.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

You didn't vote Democrat, therefore you are mentally ill. QED. Application denied.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-07-2020, 03:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Trump the first person to lose the popular vote twice. No one loses as big as Trump. After this he should quit the Apprentice and just join the Biggest Loser.

Thats not true

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 06:01 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-07-2020, 05:45 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Everything starts with an idea. I'm coming from a position of a world my kids and grandkids will live in.

That's fine as long as you don't punish innocent people in the process and take away their freedoms. It all starts with addressing the mental health issues in this country.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2020, 06:20 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-07-2020, 06:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 05:46 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: So am I.  Doing what I can to reduce the chances they get shot at school or a concert.

That's fine as long as you don't punish innocent people in the process and take away their freedoms. It all starts with addressing the mental health issues in this country.

100% agreed.  One-size fits all, simple-minded laws from the liberals are not the answer.  Its a complex issue.

(11-07-2020, 05:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You didn't vote Democrat, therefore you are mentally ill. QED. Application denied.

No.  You just chose party over country; decency over vulgarity; an attempt at unity over vitriolic division.  You may be mentally ill, our you may be poorly informed, or you just may not be real smart.  Lots of reasons for making a poor choice.   lol

(11-07-2020, 06:18 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 06:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's fine as long as you don't punish innocent people in the process and take away their freedoms. It all starts with addressing the mental health issues in this country.

100% agreed.  One-size fits all, simple-minded laws from the liberals are not the answer.  Its a complex issue.

(11-07-2020, 05:56 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You didn't vote Democrat, therefore you are mentally ill. QED. Application denied.

No.  You just chose party over country; decency over vulgarity; an attempt at unity over vitriolic division.  You may be mentally ill, our you may be poorly informed, or you just may not be real smart.  Lots of reasons for making a poor choice.   lol

KamalaKackle.gif
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

First off: there was no large-scale voter fraud. If there is, then ex-Presidumb Trump should present it publicly before putting out unhinged tweets and press conferences that accuse every poll worker in the damn country of being a Democrat plant.

Second: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's what I'm saying about the meme below that I found and nothing else right now:

[Image: l1Vs9Fl.jpg]

Then your concern and focus should be on improving mental illness/health care for everyone. When the government decided to shut down the mental institutions and those poor folks who didn't get transferred were set loose. We have no safety net for people who suffer with mental illness to be teeated. The hospitals weren't perfect and needed vast improvements, but they were something. Even someone with good medical insurance has a hard time getting good treatment if things escalate beyond the regular visits to the shrink. People without insurance are really screwed and nine times out of ten mental illness is a factor in these mass shooter situations. 

So put those two things together with the addition of a weapon and it's the perfect storm of circumstances for things to get ugly. 

The weapons can come from anywhere. There was the kid whose father bought him one as a gift. There was the other kid who took his mom's gun. Neither were semi-auto yet they did some damage. People who can't get one legally will get it another way. There is just no way to get around it.

I hope when my daughter grows up the government wants her to be the same thing she wants to be when she grows up. That’s about all I have on this subject.

Court cases will be interesting. There is proof of voter fraud, illegal activity, software "bugs", and statistical impossibilities. The challenge will be if the evidence is large enough to invalidate the election.

The media and dems are doing themselves no favors with this blitz to make Biden to the winner. They were just saying all the votes needed to be counted and now they want to shut it down. This is further going to divide the country.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(11-07-2020, 09:10 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Court cases will be interesting. There is proof of voter fraud, illegal activity, software "bugs", and statistical impossibilities. The challenge will be if the evidence is large enough to invalidate the election.

The media and dems are doing themselves no favors with this blitz to make Biden to the winner. They were just saying all the votes needed to be counted and now they want to shut it down. This is further going to divide the country.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

And to add insult to injury, 10 million new covid cases.

Did the media jump the gun on this? Not saying he wont win, but did they jump the gun on victory speeches?

(11-07-2020, 09:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Did the media jump the gun on this? Not saying he wont win, but did they jump the gun on victory speeches?

No

(11-07-2020, 07:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Then your concern and focus should be on improving mental illness/health care for everyone. When the government decided to shut down the mental institutions and those poor folks who didn't get transferred were set loose. We have no safety net for people who suffer with mental illness to be teeated. The hospitals weren't perfect and needed vast improvements, but they were something. Even someone with good medical insurance has a hard time getting good treatment if things escalate beyond the regular visits to the shrink. People without insurance are really screwed and nine times out of ten mental illness is a factor in these mass shooter situations. 

So put those two things together with the addition of a weapon and it's the perfect storm of circumstances for things to get ugly. 

The weapons can come from anywhere. There was the kid whose father bought him one as a gift. There was the other kid who took his mom's gun. Neither were semi-auto yet they did some damage. People who can't get one legally will get it another way. There is just no way to get around it.

Mental health is more than just people in mental institutions.  Mental health is a complex issue.  Gun control isn't.  There are so few legitimate reasons for people in 2020 to own a firearm.

(11-07-2020, 09:26 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 07:25 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Then your concern and focus should be on improving mental illness/health care for everyone. When the government decided to shut down the mental institutions and those poor folks who didn't get transferred were set loose. We have no safety net for people who suffer with mental illness to be teeated. The hospitals weren't perfect and needed vast improvements, but they were something. Even someone with good medical insurance has a hard time getting good treatment if things escalate beyond the regular visits to the shrink. People without insurance are really screwed and nine times out of ten mental illness is a factor in these mass shooter situations. 

Mental health is more than just people in mental institutions.  Mental health is a complex issue.  Gun control isn't.  There are so few legitimate reasons for people in 2020 to own a firearm.

Hahahahhahahahahah what????????

The Dems have the most *groan* speeches

So...do we start with the illegitimate president, not my president stuff now, or after inauguration? Am I supposed to start wailing about leaving the country now? What about the march on Washington to complain? Do I have to wear a big pink genitalia hat to show I mean business, or will they let us know the proper clothing choices later? And most importantly...do I have to record myself screaming like an idiot because things didn’t go my way? I hope not, cuz I don’t think I can pull that one off honestly.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???