Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
K'Lavon Chaisson - Rd1, Pick 20

(11-10-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-09-2020, 03:06 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: C.J. Henderson has another bad game as well. Meanwhile, Tristan Wirfs, (who I wanted us to draft, has only allowed one sack this season) and the CB I wanted (Jaylon Johnson ) has the 4th most passes defended in the NFL and is allowing a completion rate of only 49%.
You wanted Okudah in the first and Henderson has been better.  Plus Johnson is going up against the teams number 2 WR and plays on one of the best defenses in the league

I wanted Okudah, if he was available. He wasn't and I don't believe in trading up. Once he was gone, I definitely was on board to take Wirfs and with the 2nd pick, I had Jaylon Johnson. I believe I even posted this right after the draft. I wanted Wirfs, because I love the idea of playing OT prospects at OG. It gives you much more flexibility when one of your OT's goes down due to injury. IMO, Wirfs would be a fantastic OG, who could move outside to OT when needed and play with a high level. I had him as one of the top 10 players on my draft board. Henderson was no where near my top 10 and he certainly wasn't the #2 CB, IMO. I didn't see many mocks that had Henderson as a top 15 either, until it became apparent that Jacksonville was targeting him. He seemed to come out of nowhere and start appearing as our pick in mocks just days before the draft. That's never a good sign. He was over-drafted plain and simple, because because at the time, CB was perceived to be our #1 need and Caldwell takes need over BAP. 

Wirfs could've played RT as well and given that Taylor has already given up 5 sacks this year, he would've been an upgrade there as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-10-2020, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You wanted Okudah in the first and Henderson has been better.  Plus Johnson is going up against the teams number 2 WR and plays on one of the best defenses in the league

I wanted Okudah, if he was available. He wasn't and I don't believe in trading up. Once he was gone, I definitely was on board to take Wirfs and with the 2nd pick, I had Jaylon Johnson. I believe I even posted this right after the draft. I wanted Wirfs, because I love the idea of playing OT prospects at OG. It gives you much more flexibility when one of your OT's goes down due to injury. IMO, Wirfs would be a fantastic OG, who could move outside to OT when needed and play with a high level. I had him as one of the top 10 players on my draft board. Henderson was no where near my top 10 and he certainly wasn't the #2 CB, IMO. I didn't see many mocks that had Henderson as a top 15 either, until it became apparent that Jacksonville was targeting him. He seemed to come out of nowhere and start appearing as our pick in mocks just days before the draft. That's never a good sign. He was over-drafted plain and simple, because because at the time, CB was perceived to be our #1 need and Caldwell takes need over BAP. 

Wirfs could've played RT as well and given that Taylor has already given up 5 sacks this year, he would've been an upgrade there as well.

I wanted Wirfs too, but he wasn't available at #20
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-10-2020, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You wanted Okudah in the first and Henderson has been better.  Plus Johnson is going up against the teams number 2 WR and plays on one of the best defenses in the league

Thats my point, you would of taken Okudah if he was there and CJ has played better.  Winfield is the guy I really wish we drafted in the 2md or even at 20.  I wanted Kinlaw with Brown off the board at 9.  Pretty much all the top defenders have been up and down.  Kinlaw, Brown, Simmons, CJ, Okudah.  etc.  Okudah has probably been the worst but its way early and I think all will be good

(11-10-2020, 05:17 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wanted Okudah, if he was available. He wasn't and I don't believe in trading up. Once he was gone, I definitely was on board to take Wirfs and with the 2nd pick, I had Jaylon Johnson. I believe I even posted this right after the draft. I wanted Wirfs, because I love the idea of playing OT prospects at OG. It gives you much more flexibility when one of your OT's goes down due to injury. IMO, Wirfs would be a fantastic OG, who could move outside to OT when needed and play with a high level. I had him as one of the top 10 players on my draft board. Henderson was no where near my top 10 and he certainly wasn't the #2 CB, IMO. I didn't see many mocks that had Henderson as a top 15 either, until it became apparent that Jacksonville was targeting him. He seemed to come out of nowhere and start appearing as our pick in mocks just days before the draft. That's never a good sign. He was over-drafted plain and simple, because because at the time, CB was perceived to be our #1 need and Caldwell takes need over BAP. 

I wanted Wirfs too, but he wasn't available at #20

I wanted Wirfs at #9.

(11-10-2020, 05:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 05:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I wanted Okudah, if he was available. He wasn't and I don't believe in trading up. Once he was gone, I definitely was on board to take Wirfs and with the 2nd pick, I had Jaylon Johnson. I believe I even posted this right after the draft. I wanted Wirfs, because I love the idea of playing OT prospects at OG. It gives you much more flexibility when one of your OT's goes down due to injury. IMO, Wirfs would be a fantastic OG, who could move outside to OT when needed and play with a high level. I had him as one of the top 10 players on my draft board. Henderson was no where near my top 10 and he certainly wasn't the #2 CB, IMO. I didn't see many mocks that had Henderson as a top 15 either, until it became apparent that Jacksonville was targeting him. He seemed to come out of nowhere and start appearing as our pick in mocks just days before the draft. That's never a good sign. He was over-drafted plain and simple, because because at the time, CB was perceived to be our #1 need and Caldwell takes need over BAP. 

Thats my point, you would of taken Okudah if he was there and CJ has played better.  Winfield is the guy I really wish we drafted in the 2md or even at 20.  I wanted Kinlaw with Brown off the board at 9.  Pretty much all the top defenders have been up and down.  Kinlaw, Brown, Simmons, CJ, Okudah.  etc.  Okudah has probably been the worst but its way early and I think all will be good

I would've taken Okudah, if we were drafting #3, but that's not the reality of where we were positioned, so that point is moot. We had the #9 and #20 picks. The thing I don't like is that we didn't take the BAP at #9. We drafted for need. We did it again at #20. I didn't even think Henderson was a top 4 CB and Chaisson I had rated as a 4th rounder. My argument is draft philosophy. Caldwell always drafts for needs and we are consistently bad every year. It's time to draft BAP. If Lawrence is gone, we should not reach for a QB at #2. That would be repeating the same stupid philosophy over again. We have a ton of needs. We have to start drafting elite players.

(11-10-2020, 08:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 05:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: I wanted Wirfs too, but he wasn't available at #20

I wanted Wirfs at #9.

I would have liked that pick.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Chaisson has stunk so far. I can't really name any positives.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 10:51 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

For some reason Dave likes to draft 3-4 OLB's in the 1st when we run a 4-3 defense, ala Fowler/Chaisson/Allen

(11-10-2020, 10:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For some reason Dave likes to draft 3-4 OLB's in the 1st when we run a 4-3 defense, ala Fowler/Chaisson/Allen

He's an idiot who should be fired.

(11-10-2020, 11:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 10:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: For some reason Dave likes to draft 3-4 OLB's in the 1st when we run a 4-3 defense, ala Fowler/Chaisson/Allen

He's an idiot who should be fired.

There is your reason.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Are we going to pretend this has nothing to do with who they are blocking for?

(11-11-2020, 07:33 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote:

Shhhhh. Let's not mention that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Tom Brady is 43 years old and may be the most immobile QB in the NFL right now. What's your point?

(11-11-2020, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 07:33 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Are we going to pretend this has nothing to do with who they are blocking for?

Tom Brady is 43 years old and may be the most immobile QB in the NFL right now. What's your point?

He gets rid of the ball really quickly.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Or the blocking scheme, or the coaching staff, or who they are surrounded by (playing with)

Yeah none of that matters to people who dig in their heels about a certain guy the liked in the draft that we didn't get.

(11-11-2020, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 07:33 AM)JagsFanClubOfMD Wrote: Are we going to pretend this has nothing to do with who they are blocking for?

Getting the ball out on time, subtle and savvy movement in pocket, quick reads, not running backwards directly into sacks, throwing the ball away when there isn’t anywhere to go with the football, all the things that good to great QBs do to avoid taking sacks. Tom Brady is quite possibly the best in the history of the game at this.

Yeah it is like they have no plan and just look at the individuals they are drafting.  Oh look at the fantasy draft Dave assembled.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(11-11-2020, 11:41 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:

Yeah it is like they have no plan and just look at the individuals they are drafting.  Oh look at the fantasy draft Dave assembled.

Maybe he's been trying to convince Wash to switch his scheme?

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 01:43 PM by JaguarWC.)

Fair point on Chaisson and Fowler, but Allen can play both 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB with no problem.  I have personally seen him do both very successfully.

You are totally correct JagsFanClubofMD, some Qb's are better at throwing the ball away during a rush, etc.  I think a better statistic would be to see how many QB pressures they allow or what not.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2020, 04:43 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(11-11-2020, 10:27 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Tom Brady is 43 years old and may be the most immobile QB in the NFL right now. What's your point?

He gets rid of the ball really quickly.

Not nearly as quickly as he used to.

(11-11-2020, 11:41 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:

All Dave sees is athleticism and potential. He doesn't even consider scheme fit.

(11-11-2020, 12:03 PM)Kane Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 11:41 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: Yeah it is like they have no plan and just look at the individuals they are drafting.  Oh look at the fantasy draft Dave assembled.

Maybe he's been trying to convince Wash to switch his scheme?

Wash is never gonna change. He only knows one way to coach whether it works or not and his way hasn't worked in a very long time.