Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(11-23-2020, 07:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 05:44 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: My boss just told me that they gave Michigan to Biden officially ! Is this true ?!

Nervous about my guns !

As soon as they try to do anything regarding guns I'll take a ride on the St. John's river and "lose" them in a boating mishap.

If you have to hide your guns then it's time to use them.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-23-2020, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 07:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: As soon as they try to do anything regarding guns I'll take a ride on the St. John's river and "lose" them in a boating mishap.

If you have to hide your guns then it's time to use them.

Who exactly are you going to shoot?

(11-23-2020, 10:54 PM)captivating Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you have to hide your guns then it's time to use them.

Break into his house and find out.

(11-23-2020, 09:20 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you have to hide your guns then it's time to use them.

surely not pigs, if a law is made they have to follow it

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 06:57 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-23-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 08:05 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I love how the GSA starts the transition of power and THEN Trump acts like he authorized it (when he did not) and he continues not to concede.  Will go down easily as the most embarrassing president in US history, and I can't think of a bigger buffoon internationally off the top of my head.

Give Joel a chance to be worse. He won't disappoint you.

No way he will be worse than the disaster that's getting booted out of office January, 20th at high noon!

What's everyone's date they are picking for Trump's first indictment?  I'm saying they give it a few weeks time... like a month or two.  I'm picking Tuesday, March 9th, 2021.  Lots of random stuff happens on Tuesdays.

(11-23-2020, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 10:54 PM)captivating Wrote: Who exactly are you going to shoot?

I love it how all these message board guys talk so tough, like they are a bunch of Jason Bourne's with their guns. You ever shot anyone? Didn't think so...

First, no one is coming to get our guns. You're worried about something that's not going to happen. Second, if they ever did anything crazy like that, none of you fake tough guys would do anything when the cops or military started knocking on your door. But I love the internet bravado and bluster. Like Lucky2Last thinking he'd "throw down"... more like LAY DOWN. That dude is a little squid.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-23-2020, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

How is this different to what would happen under a Trump presidency?

(11-24-2020, 02:19 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Give Joel a chance to be worse. He won't disappoint you.

No way he will be worse than the disaster that's getting booted out of office January, 20th at high noon!

What's everyone's date they are picking for Trump's first indictment?  I'm saying they give it a few weeks time... like a month or two.  I'm picking Tuesday, March 9th, 2021.  Lots of random stuff happens on Tuesdays.

(11-23-2020, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Break into his house and find out.

I love it how all these message board guys talk so tough, like they are a bunch of Jason Bourne's with their guns. You ever shot anyone? Didn't think so...

First, no one is coming to get our guns.  You're worried about something that's not going to happen.  Second, if they ever did anything crazy like that, none of you fake tough guys would do anything when the cops or military started knocking on your door.  But I love the internet bravado and bluster.  Like Lucky2Last thinking he'd "thrown down"... more like LAY DOWN.  That dude is a little squid.

It was a joke, you tool. If you visited this board with any frequency, you would have seen that I made a similar joke with Mikesez before he and I met. Ask your "like" buddy if he felt for one second like I tried to intimidate him IRL. While you're talking to him, you should ask him if I'm a little squid. I am always open and honest with my points of view, and I won't be any different here or IRL. I bet you can't say the same. You'd probably find your civility really quickly. I find it funny how insulted you get any time you're challenged, even jokingly. You are every bit as obnoxious and unaware as your hero, Trump. Seriously, who talks [BLEEP] about others bravado while ignoring their own? You think insulting people relentlessly is non-agression? Speech is violence, don't you know? The only reason I don't mercilessly mock you is because it would completely bring this board to a halt. 

Let me know when you meet up with FSG.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:40 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(11-23-2020, 08:42 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Give Joel a chance to be worse. He won't disappoint you.

First, no one is coming to get our guns.  You're worried about something that's not going to happen.  Second, if they ever did anything crazy like that, none of you fake tough guys would do anything when the cops or military started knocking on your door.  But I love the internet bravado and bluster.  Like Lucky2Last thinking he'd "thrown down"... more like LAY DOWN.  That dude is a little squid.

That is the beauty. You just never know if you are dealing with the second coming of John Wick or some old lady with a shaky hand.

(11-24-2020, 04:16 AM)captivating Wrote:

How is this different to what would happen under a Trump presidency?

This doesn't make any sense.

Hopefully we won't have to find out.

Lol, and I love how certain folks believe that violent and bloody revolution can't happen here. Revolution doesn't start with a full blown war, it usually starts with vigilantism.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-24-2020, 10:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Hopefully we won't have to find out.

(11-24-2020, 02:19 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: No way he will be worse than the disaster that's getting booted out of office January, 20th at high noon!

Lol, and I love how certain folks believe that violent and bloody revolution can't happen here. Revolution doesn't start with a full blown war, it usually starts with vigilantism.

And when you have two people claiming the right to be president, does that increase vigilantism or decrease it?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-24-2020, 10:45 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 10:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Hopefully we won't have to find out.

And when you have two people claiming the right to be president, does that increase vigilantism or decrease it?

You mean after Jan 20th? Won't happen but I know that feeds your narrative, so continue.

Flip on the actual news every now and then. You are foaming at the mouth for the Navy SEALS to drag Trump out of the WH by his hair but that isn't going to happen.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 03:36 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 07:39 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 02:19 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: No way he will be worse than the disaster that's getting booted out of office January, 20th at high noon!

It was a joke, you tool. If you visited this board with any frequency, you would have seen that I made a similar joke with Mikesez before he and I met. Ask your "like" buddy if he felt for one second like I tried to intimidate him IRL. While you're talking to him, you should ask him if I'm a little squid. I am always open and honest with my points of view, and I won't be any different here or IRL. I bet you can't say the same. You'd probably find your civility really quickly. I find it funny how insulted you get any time you're challenged, even jokingly. You are every bit as obnoxious and unaware as your hero, Trump. Seriously, who talks [BLEEP] about others bravado while ignoring their own? You think insulting people relentlessly is non-agression? Speech is violence, don't you know? The only reason I don't mercilessly mock you is because it would completely bring this board to a halt. 

Let me know when you meet up with FSG.

Let's clear a few things up... shall we?

1.  I thought you blocked me?

2.  My rhetoric on the political board is actually quite calculated.  I intentionally act "presidential" towards Trumper's (or others that run their mouths) that I deem deserving of that behavior to demonstrate how distasteful it is.  I'm an anonymous message board poster and look how much of a stir I can get on here; how do you think the majority of Americans have felt the last 4 years with Trump spewing divisive hatred?  Pull your heads out of your [BLEEP].

3.  Of course I would tone the rhetoric down if we met in person.  I'm not a psychopath... I'm a 40 year-old family man.  The last thing I want to do is go out and get in a street fight with some idiot who wants to meet me on a message board.  That being said, I am not the least bit worried about you intimidating me in real life.  I'm a former college football player who is a little over 6'2"and weighs 235 (probably 240 after Thursday, lol).  I'm not stating that to be a tough guy... I haven't been in a street fight for over 15 years and want to keep it that way.  But I'm quite confident if we met in real life, both you and FSG would not be speaking to me like you do on here either.  I will confidently say, if you found the courage to call me a "tool" in real life, you'd quickly be called a "Squid".  If FSG talked to me in real life like he does here, he'd get called "Slappy" in a heartbeat.  And to be honest, if I thought that was going to happen, I just wouldn't meet you guys out for a beer.  Why would I want that aggravation?  I'm not the ones being all-sensitive about the language used on the political board at all... all that emotion and anger is coming from your end.

4.  If you want to tone your rhetoric down here with me, I will reciprocate.  If not, let's keep it rolling.  It really does not bother me one way or the other... its a political message board designed to fire people up a bit.  I will always attack bad ideas with vigor... and will counterattack people when they want to make things personal.  Ironically, the only person I really have "got into it" with over on the football message board is MikeSez when discussing QBR.   Laughing

Your choice, Chief.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-24-2020, 10:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, and I love how certain folks believe that violent and bloody revolution can't happen here. Revolution doesn't start with a full blown war, it usually starts with vigilantism.

I completely agree it COULD happen here.  That's why their will never be a door to door confiscation of guns.  It would be a logistical disaster that even the lefts knows would be a nightmare if they tried to enforce it.  I see attempts to block FUTURE sales of assault weapons, but not a confiscation.  Additionally, anyone using them publicly could get fines, or taken from them.   But I don't even see that happening.

(11-24-2020, 11:07 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 10:37 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, and I love how certain folks believe that violent and bloody revolution can't happen here. Revolution doesn't start with a full blown war, it usually starts with vigilantism.

I completely agree it COULD happen here.  That's why their will never be a door to door confiscation of guns.  It would be a logistical disaster that even the lefts knows would be a nightmare if they tried to enforce it.  I see attempts to block FUTURE sales of assault weapons, but not a confiscation.  Additionally, anyone using them publicly could get fines, or taken from them.   But I don't even see that happening.

What is an assault weapon?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 11:14 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:07 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I completely agree it COULD happen here.  That's why their will never be a door to door confiscation of guns.  It would be a logistical disaster that even the lefts knows would be a nightmare if they tried to enforce it.  I see attempts to block FUTURE sales of assault weapons, but not a confiscation.  Additionally, anyone using them publicly could get fines, or taken from them.   But I don't even see that happening.

What is an assault weapon?

It is a continuously changing definition with advances in technology, but here is a start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon

To be clear, I'm not advocating this. Just giving the left's perspective.

(11-24-2020, 11:12 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:09 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What is an assault weapon?

It is a continuously changing definition with advances in technology, but here is a start:

To be clear, I'm not advocating this.  Just giving the left's perspective.

The left thinks the AR in AR-15 stands for assault rifle. This conversation can only be had with serious people.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 11:21 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 11:17 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 11:12 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: It is a continuously changing definition with advances in technology, but here is a start:

To be clear, I'm not advocating this.  Just giving the left's perspective.

The left thinks the AR in AR-15 stands for assault rifle. This conversation can only be had with serious people.

Lumping all the Lefties in one basket about guns is like claiming all conservatives are KKK members; both perspectives are ignorant and intellectually lazy.

(11-24-2020, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 10:45 AM)mikesez Wrote: And when you have two people claiming the right to be president, does that increase vigilantism or decrease it?

Flip on the actual news every now and then. You are foaming at the mouth for the Navy SEALS to drag Trump out of the WH by his hair but that isn't going to happen.
Can I ask where you are getting the “actual news” these days?

I don't know, are you going to go out and start rounding up MAGA hat wearers if Trump doesn't concede in a few more days or weeks? What if Trump voters start rounding up and executing Biden supporters? There's a slightly demented woman in South Jax Beach who would be a prime target for that kind of activity, and yet she still sits out on her sidewalk with her [BLEEP] Trump and Trump is a Nazi signs and no one bats an eye. It seems to me that we are still in the peaceful transition of power stage in this country even if Trump has yet to concede. As NBB said, there's a lot of guns in this country, and that will hopefully give pause to the politicians who are too comfortable with their own tyrannical tendencies.