Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 08:45 PM by homebiscuit.)

(11-24-2020, 08:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Part of what characterized Trump's polarization was his willingness to push back against the biased MSM. The next Republican candidate needs to do the same but with more tact. Trump did not choose his battles wisely. However, sometimes the gloves will have to come off with the future candidate. Barring a change in the media, which is unlikely, that will forever more be part and parcel of any effective Republican campaign because Trump showed it can be done.

Is Fox News MSM?  By MSM do you mean "popular" or "left-leaning"?  I think everyone should call out falsehoods or bias in the media.  However, the "fake news" is happening much more on the right than the left at this moment, particularly with all the "election fraud" non-sense with no facts that gets pushed by the right-leaning news channels and Trump himself.  But BS should be called out and pushed back on whatever side its sitting.  Trump isn't exactly the best guy to be calling out BS.

Fox News is part of the MSM, but only a very small part of it. 

If the Republicans can find the right candidate who also calls out the bias forcefully but tactfully, the media would have to be more judicious with their editorializing.

(11-24-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Part of what characterized Trump's polarization was his willingness to push back against the biased MSM. The next Republican candidate needs to do the same but with more tact. Trump did not choose his battles wisely. However, sometimes the gloves will have to come off with the future candidate. Barring a change in the media, which is unlikely, that will forever more be part and parcel of any effective Republican campaign because Trump showed it can be done.

I have a feeling Trump is the future candidate.

No. His schtick is played out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2020, 08:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Come on man.

What do you honestly think is going to happen at this point?
What is the issue with waiting to find out? Powell and Wood have good reputations and have taken down the establishment before.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
That wasn’t my question.

What do you honestly think is going to happen? Do you think the results of the election are going to be overturned? How many times have you posted something similar to this only to have the courts throw out the case or it be a bunch of nothing?

(11-24-2020, 08:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I have a feeling Trump is the future candidate.
Didn’t you also have a feeling Trump would win the election?

Depends what Biden does. If he drives us into a war, a market crash, and high unemployment , which I believe he will, who knows what could happen.

(11-24-2020, 08:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Didn’t you also have a feeling Trump would win the election?

Depends what Biden does. If he drives us into a war, a market crash, and high unemployment , which I believe he will, who knows what could happen.
Lol good for you bud.

Don’t throw away those Trump truck flags!

(11-24-2020, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Depends what Biden does. If he drives us into a war, a market crash, and high unemployment , which I believe he will, who knows what could happen.
Lol good for you bud.

I don't own a truck, a flag, or any Trump gear.

(11-24-2020, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Is Fox News MSM?  By MSM do you mean "popular" or "left-leaning"?  I think everyone should call out falsehoods or bias in the media.  However, the "fake news" is happening much more on the right than the left at this moment, particularly with all the "election fraud" non-sense with no facts that gets pushed by the right-leaning news channels and Trump himself.  But BS should be called out and pushed back on whatever side its sitting.  Trump isn't exactly the best guy to be calling out BS.

If the Republicans can find the right candidate who also calls out the bias forcefully but tactfully, the media would have to be more judicious with their editorializing.

(11-24-2020, 08:34 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I have a feeling Trump is the future candidate.

Agreed.  On both points.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 09:10 PM by mikesez.)

(11-24-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol good for you bud.

I don't own a truck, a flag, or any Trump gear.

Wait you're going to rag on me for watching Young Sheldon but you don't even own a truck? 
I mean I don't either but I also don't try to rag on anybody over what movies or music or vehicles they like.

(11-24-2020, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Is Fox News MSM?  By MSM do you mean "popular" or "left-leaning"?  I think everyone should call out falsehoods or bias in the media.  However, the "fake news" is happening much more on the right than the left at this moment, particularly with all the "election fraud" non-sense with no facts that gets pushed by the right-leaning news channels and Trump himself.  But BS should be called out and pushed back on whatever side its sitting.  Trump isn't exactly the best guy to be calling out BS.

I agree that there is a lot of media bias, but I don't think going after it directly ever really works.  Successful Republican candidates flood the zone with the things they want to discuss.  It bypasses the bias. 

But if you run a candidate who can't even give a coherent answer to why he wants another four years in office, it frees the biased media up to talk about what they want to talk about.

The Republicans need to find a new unifying theme and set of personalities that contribute to that theme.  Then flood the zone with stuff from those people on those themes.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(11-24-2020, 09:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:53 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I don't own a truck, a flag, or any Trump gear.

Wait you're going to rag on me for watching Young Sheldon but you don't even own a truck? 
I mean I don't either but I also don't try to rag on anybody over what movies or music or vehicles they like.

(11-24-2020, 08:44 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Fox News is part of the MSM, but only a very small part of it. 

I agree that there is a lot of media bias, but I don't think going after it directly ever really works.  Successful Republican candidates flood the zone with the things they want to discuss.  It bypasses the bias. 

But if you run a candidate who can't even give a coherent answer to why he wants another four years in office, it frees the biased media up to talk about what they want to talk about.

The Republicans need to find a new unifying theme and set of personalities that contribute to that theme.  Then flood the zone with stuff from those people on those themes.

I own an Infiniti QX80. Some call it a truck. I call it an SUV.

(11-24-2020, 02:33 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 02:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are you being serious?

Popular Vote:

Biden - 79,914,426
Clinton - 65,853,514
Obama (2012) - 65,915,795

You're not answering the question. Why didn't Republicans make the same mail-in voting push that Democrats did? It clearly worked to increase turnout, and it's clearly not going away, so why didn't Republican leaders say, "Hey, you know that ballot that showed up at your house? Fill it out and mail it back."? Trump won the hell out of election day in-person, but how many more could he have won if he'd worked to get the mail-in vote out instead of blasting it and scaring his supporters off of it?

...or did he know months ago that he was [BLEEP], needed something to blame, and knew that if his supporters heavily used mail-in ballots and he still lost, he wouldn't have that excuse?

Hammer, meet nail head.
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(11-24-2020, 08:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: What is the issue with waiting to find out? Powell and Wood have good reputations and have taken down the establishment before.

That wasn’t my question.

What do you honestly think is going to happen? Do you think the results of the election are going to be overturned? How many times have you posted something similar to this only to have the courts throw out the case or it be a bunch of nothing?
Right now I don't know until I see the evidence. There have been some broad statements from some powerful people. There also has been a rush to move on before anything hits the courts. The civil side of the lawsuits was never going to be decided until the SCOTUS. The judges at the lower levels were never going to enforce the law. No with criminal side coming, it could be big enough to overturn states. Give it time and see what evidence they file.

There have been some moves by Trump to consolidate power under people he trusts. The military and space force have cyber security under them. There are claims that they watched it happen in real-time.

Either the evidence is going to be so bad that it can't be ignored or it will be just like every other swamp illegal activities and nothing will happen.

Remember back in late 2019/early 2020, when Bernie Sanders was the presumptive Democratic nominee? Remember how he fell off the face of the earth simply because people had grown tired of his act and the party had moved on?

That's Trump in 2024.

(11-24-2020, 11:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Right now I don't know until I see the evidence. There have been some broad statements from some powerful people. There also has been a rush to move on before anything hits the courts. The civil side of the lawsuits was never going to be decided until the SCOTUS. The judges at the lower levels were never going to enforce the law. No with criminal side coming, it could be big enough to overturn states. Give it time and see what evidence they file.

There have been some moves by Trump to consolidate power under people he trusts. The military and space force have cyber security under them. There are claims that they watched it happen in real-time.

Either the evidence is going to be so bad that it can't be ignored or it will be just like every other swamp illegal activities and nothing will happen.

...is this guy for real?

(11-25-2020, 01:03 AM)TJBender Wrote:

Remember back in late 2019/early 2020, when Bernie Sanders was the presumptive Democratic nominee? Remember how he fell off the face of the earth simply because people had grown tired of his act and the party had moved on?

That's Trump in 2024.

(11-24-2020, 11:41 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Right now I don't know until I see the evidence. There have been some broad statements from some powerful people. There also has been a rush to move on before anything hits the courts. The civil side of the lawsuits was never going to be decided until the SCOTUS. The judges at the lower levels were never going to enforce the law. No with criminal side coming, it could be big enough to overturn states. Give it time and see what evidence they file.

...is this guy for real?

I've been wondering the same thing.

(11-24-2020, 08:36 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:

Is Fox News MSM?  By MSM do you mean "popular" or "left-leaning"?  I think everyone should call out falsehoods or bias in the media.  However, the "fake news" is happening much more on the right than the left at this moment, particularly with all the "election fraud" non-sense with no facts that gets pushed by the right-leaning news channels and Trump himself.  But BS should be called out and pushed back on whatever side its sitting.  Though Trump isn't exactly the best guy to be calling out BS.

Somewhere I saw the term “Legacy Media”.  I think that term more accurately describes what people mean when they refer to the MSM.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-25-2020, 08:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-100-days/

[Image: 17346f941d967879cff8aab2bc71286e.jpg]

I'd be fine with this except that, unless I missed something, there's no type of screening or verification of who we're granting amnesty to. I'm not of the camp that believes you should have to wait in a never-ending line to move to the US legally (ok, maybe I am during a pandemic). That's not what we're all about as a country. 

SC1, you might be amazed at how quickly we start to agree on more than we disagree on once Biden's in office, assuming he ditches his usual moderate, centrist self and starts to pander to the AOC crowd.

(11-25-2020, 09:55 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 08:41 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-100-days/

[Image: 17346f941d967879cff8aab2bc71286e.jpg]

I'd be fine with this except that, unless I missed something, there's no type of screening or verification of who we're granting amnesty to. I'm not of the camp that believes you should have to wait in a never-ending line to move to the US legally (ok, maybe I am during a pandemic). That's not what we're all about as a country. 

SC1, you might be amazed at how quickly we start to agree on more than we disagree on once Biden's in office, assuming he ditches his usual moderate, centrist self and starts to pander to the AOC crowd.

I just appreciate the irony in that the same people preaching for $15 an hour minimum wage are also fine with giving amnesty to millions of undocumented workers who will eventually do their jobs for half the price. 

Just gotta get used to the "America Last" agenda of the Obama administration.

(11-25-2020, 10:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 09:55 AM)TJBender Wrote: I'd be fine with this except that, unless I missed something, there's no type of screening or verification of who we're granting amnesty to. I'm not of the camp that believes you should have to wait in a never-ending line to move to the US legally (ok, maybe I am during a pandemic). That's not what we're all about as a country. 

I just appreciate the irony in that the same people preaching for $15 an hour minimum wage are also fine with giving amnesty to millions of undocumented workers who will eventually do their jobs for half the price. 

Minimum wage laws were racist to start with and similarly bigoted now. They only exist to keep one group of people from working for lower wages in order to protect the jobs of a different group of people who won't work for that wage.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-25-2020, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 10:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I just appreciate the irony in that the same people preaching for $15 an hour minimum wage are also fine with giving amnesty to millions of undocumented workers who will eventually do their jobs for half the price. 

Minimum wage laws were racist to start with and similarly bigoted now. They only exist to keep one group of people from working for lower wages in order to protect the jobs of a different group of people who won't work for that wage.

Huh?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(11-25-2020, 10:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 10:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I just appreciate the irony in that the same people preaching for $15 an hour minimum wage are also fine with giving amnesty to millions of undocumented workers who will eventually do their jobs for half the price. 

[Image: Q54o0mA.gif]

(11-24-2020, 01:56 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The mail in ballots are a massive issue which clearly favors one party. That is the problem. Georgians don't HAVE to show up for the runoff. The Republicans don't have the financial backing like the other party. They can literally fund this like a presidential election. This country is in desperate need of campaign finance reform either way.

So back to this topic, I checked my mail yesterday and found these:

[Image: CDnN8lW.jpg]

So, two things of note:

1. The postmarks are from MA and CA. Just pointing that out before anyone else does.

2. One was so kind as to include a stamped ballot request envelope in with the letter from the county Democratic Party that happens to be based in MA. But still--Georgia is a nonpartisan state as far as voter registration is concerned. Those flyers and letters went to everyone, at least everyone in certain counties that lean left. Why is the Republican Party not calling and texting me saying "make those idiots pay to send you an absentee ballot that you use to vote for us"? Why did I just get the first Republican campaign flyer I've ever seen that mentioned early voting, even if it was in tiny letters below "VOTE JANUARY 5TH"? There is a game here to be played. The 2020 Presidential election proved it, and this country isn't going back to the traditional stand in line on November Xth model again. Why didn't the Republican Party embrace that the way Democrats did? Answer that question and you'll know why Trump got his [BLEEP] handed to him 306 times.