Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(12-01-2020, 10:52 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:51 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Meh, it's nothing more than a bunch of posturing by politically ambitious lawyers who want a piece of orangeman as a trophy. Trump will counter with a team of high dollar attorneys and it will be whittled down to a parking ticket, if anything, about the time Biden leaves office.

Sounds like a very objective, unbiased point of view you have there.  lol

"Let's see how it plays out" - SC

Like yours.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-01-2020, 05:11 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 05:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, God, Bill Barr is so fired.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/...index.html

William Barr says there is no evidence of widespread fraud in presidential election

The Justice Department hasn't found evidence to support allegations of widespread fraud that could have changed the result of last month's presidential election, Attorney General William Barr said in an interview with the Associated Press published Tuesday.

"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election," Barr said.

Barr, who prior to the election echoed President Donald Trump's claims that mail-in voting wasn't secure, said both the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security have looked into claims of fraud and come up empty.

"There's been one assertion that would be systemic fraud and that would be the claim that machines were programmed essentially to skew the election results," Barr said. "And the DHS and DOJ have looked into that, and so far, we haven't seen anything to substantiate that."

I don't know what to make of this !

I got one friend saying this is proof there was no fraud and another saying this means Barr is from some swamp !

It's called the Potomac Two-step.  Notice Barr has not stated that no evidence of fraud has been discovered, but simply that it has not been seen "....on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election."

Inability to prove fraud occurred is not at all the same as proving that it did not occur.  Some here seem incapable of understanding this.  

Did some form of fraud occur in multiple voting districts?  Probably.
If multiple instances of fraud actually occurred, did they all favor Biden?  Unlikely. 
Was whatever fraud that may have occurred sufficient to change the outcome of the election?  Doubtful. 
Will fraud sufficient to reverse the outcome be proven?  Not a chance.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Everyone should read Bonfire of the Vanities.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 11:35 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(12-01-2020, 11:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 10:52 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Sounds like a very objective, unbiased point of view you have there.  lol

Like yours.

Not like mine at all.  I am not proclaiming his guilt (other than for what he has already been found guilty of) until I see the evidence; you are proclaiming his innocence and didn't even understand there was an ongoing investigation against him.

This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(12-01-2020, 11:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Everyone should read Bonfire of the Vanities.

Was it better than the movie...cuz that thing sucked.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 11:54 PM by homebiscuit.)

(12-01-2020, 11:34 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like yours.

Not like mine at all.  I am not proclaiming his guilt (other than for what he has already been found guilty of) until I see the evidence; you are proclaiming his innocence and didn't even understand there was an ongoing investigation against him.

I did not proclaim his innocence. 

However:

"Yup.  But he won't be able to pardon himself, or his family members, against the State of New York!"

[Image: biggrin.png]

(12-01-2020, 11:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:20 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Everyone should read Bonfire of the Vanities.

Was it better than the movie...cuz that thing sucked.

The book is outstanding. I intentionally did not watch the movie because I know what a hack job Hollywood does to any book with a sophisticated story line.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 11:57 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(12-01-2020, 11:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:34 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Not like mine at all.  I am not proclaiming his guilt (other than for what he has already been found guilty of) until I see the evidence; you are proclaiming his innocence and didn't even understand there was an ongoing investigation against him.

I did not proclaim his innocence. 

However:

"Yup.  But he won't be able to pardon himself, or his family members, against the State of New York!"

Wrong.  You said:

"Meh, it's nothing more than a bunch of posturing by politically ambitious lawyers who want a piece of orangeman as a trophy. Trump will counter with a team of high dollar attorneys and it will be whittled down to a parking ticket, if anything, about the time Biden leaves office."

That is a judgement of innocence.

However, mine was not a judgement, but a statement of fact.  A president cannot pardon anyone, including himself, except for Federal charges.  Presidential pardons don't work for charges at the state level.  Statement of fact, not guilt.  Pay attention.

Cool
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(12-01-2020, 11:55 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:50 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I did not proclaim his innocence. 

However:

Wrong.  You said:

"Meh, it's nothing more than a bunch of posturing by politically ambitious lawyers who want a piece of orangeman as a trophy. Trump will counter with a team of high dollar attorneys and it will be whittled down to a parking ticket, if anything, about the time Biden leaves office."

However, mine was not a judgement, but a statement of fact.  A president cannot pardon anyone, including himself, except for Federal charges.  Presidential pardons don't work for charges at the state level.  Statement of fact, not guilt.  Pay attention.

Cool

But I did not proclaim his innocence. Equivocation is getting you no where.

(12-01-2020, 11:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:55 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Wrong.  You said:

Cool

But I did not proclaim his innocence. Equivocation is getting you no where.

Wrong.  You did.  But that's ok...  your bias is expected.

(12-01-2020, 11:59 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:57 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But I did not proclaim his innocence. Equivocation is getting you no where.

Wrong.  You did.  But that's ok...  your bias is expected.

As is yours.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 12:07 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(12-02-2020, 12:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:59 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Wrong.  You did.  But that's ok...  your bias is expected.

As is yours.

*Yawn*  You're wrong again, and boring me now.  Run along.... you're dismissed.

(12-02-2020, 12:03 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 12:01 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: As is yours.

*Yawn*  You're wrong again, and boring me now.  Run along.... you're dimissed.

Attaboy.

(12-01-2020, 06:23 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 05:09 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: Oh, God, Bill Barr is so fired.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/...index.html

William Barr says there is no evidence of widespread fraud in presidential election

The Justice Department hasn't found evidence to support allegations of widespread fraud that could have changed the result of last month's presidential election, Attorney General William Barr said in an interview with the Associated Press published Tuesday.

"To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election," Barr said.

Barr, who prior to the election echoed President Donald Trump's claims that mail-in voting wasn't secure, said both the Justice Department and the Department of Homeland Security have looked into claims of fraud and come up empty.

"There's been one assertion that would be systemic fraud and that would be the claim that machines were programmed essentially to skew the election results," Barr said. "And the DHS and DOJ have looked into that, and so far, we haven't seen anything to substantiate that."
(12-01-2020, 05:11 PM)BushCheney2000 Wrote: I don't know what to make of this !

I got one friend saying this is proof there was no fraud and another saying this means Barr is from some swamp !
Barr has been swamp all along. He has now shown his cards and is complicit in the fraud. I don't know if Trump is going to blow the political world up to stop them or not.

Supposedly a lot of stuff is happening behind the scenes, but they have always gotten away with it.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(12-01-2020, 08:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's a huge blow to the Trump administration. I have said on here that I thought the only claim that would overturn this election rested in those machines. I still think the Dems cheated, but never thought Giuliani would get the courts to overturn it on witness testimony. They have to have hard evidence.
Supposedly Barr didn't say this, it was taken out of context and the investigation is still ongoing.

Barr is still swampy, but he also wants to keep his job. He has been removed from most of the activities, so maybe he will do his job to keep from being a part of the round up (if it happens).

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 07:49 AM by The Real Marty.)

The funniest thing yesterday was-

The governor of Arizona, Steve Ducey (a Republican) said in an interview that he set a custom ring tone just for Trump, so when Trump calls, Ducey knows it's him.  The ringtone is "Hail to the Chief."  

Yesterday, on live TV, Ducey is signing the state's certification of the election result, and there's an audible ring tone coming from his coat pocket, and it's "Hail to the Chief."  So he pulls out his cell phone and puts it on the table next to him and continues signing.  He sent the President to voice mail!   So funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLFoJ5QoLc

One can only imagine Trump's reaction when he sees the Governor of Arizona, an avid supporter, ignore his phone call on live TV!

(12-02-2020, 07:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The funniest thing yesterday was-

The governor of Arizona, Steve Ducey (a Republican) said in an interview that he set a custom ring tone just for Trump, so when Trump calls, Ducey knows it's him.  The ringtone is "Hail to the Chief."  

Yesterday, on live TV, Ducey is signing the state's certification of the election result, and there's an audible ring tone coming from his coat pocket, and it's "Hail to the Chief."  So he pulls out his cell phone and puts it on the table next to him and continues signing.  He sent the President to voice mail!   So funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLFoJ5QoLc

One can only imagine Trump's reaction when he sees the Governor of Arizona, an avid supporter, ignore his phone call on live TV!

Biting the hand that feeds always seems funny when you aren't hungry.

(12-01-2020, 11:34 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Like yours.

I have read his post and can find proclamation of neither guilt, nor innocence.  The first sentence opines that political motives may be driving certain investigations.  The second predicts Trump's legal response to any charges that may be brought and the eventual settlement structure of said charges.

Your hatred of Trump blinds you.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-02-2020, 08:59 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-01-2020, 11:34 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Not like mine at all.  I am not proclaiming his guilt (other than for what he has already been found guilty of) until I see the evidence; you are proclaiming his innocence and didn't even understand there was an ongoing investigation against him.

I have read his post and can find proclamation of neither guilt, nor innocence.  The first sentence opines that political motives may be driving certain investigations.  The second predicts Trump's legal response to any charges that may be brought and the eventual settlement structure of said charges.

Your hatred of Trump blinds you.

Uh oh, you're about to get banished to the kiddie table. If you really upset him you might even get what he thinks is a funny nickname! Of course he's about as witty as earwax, so it will be fine I'm sure.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If it wasn’t for Mike and Neptune, you guys would be so bored.

(12-02-2020, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If it wasn’t for Mike and Neptune, you guys would be so bored.

That's true, it's not like the football team is worth talking about. And now I think you have to throw in his third personality, BC2K, into the mix as well. He's trying to copy Wolfie's schtick in the political realm (but with beeterr speelin).
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-02-2020, 10:05 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If it wasn’t for Mike and Neptune, you guys would be so bored.
I don't mind your comments or anyone else, other than the one troll.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk