Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 06:10 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Just think if Trump had appointed a dude like Cruz to AG how different things would be. Crazy to think Barr knew about the Hunter stuff months before the election and kept it under wraps.

At the end of the day, the swamp was undrainable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2020, 07:14 PM by Minshew Mania.)

(12-12-2020, 07:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 08:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So how is everyone feeling after the Supreme Courts actions today?

Pretty good.  

Although it was really a cinch.  One state cannot tell another state how to run its elections.  That's a basic concept embedded in our Constitution.  

And beyond the Constitutional question, if it was possible, then any state could sue any other state when they don't like the way they are running their election.  And that would be absolute chaos.  

It says a lot about the current Republican party that 17 state AGs and 106 members of Congress would sign on to such a farcical case.  Everyone knew there was no chance the Supreme Court would take that case.  It was all a stunt by the Texas AG to get Trump to pardon him for the crimes he is currently being investigated for.

You misrepresent the argument. The states in question violated their own constitution by enacting changes in election law at the 11th hour. The idea is, if that's okay, then a state could just do whatever the hell they wanted to elect their preferred candidate, in every election, which would have sweeping consequences for other states that do not use such tactics. The fact that people fail to see this, is just proof that the propaganda machine is working in full swing.

You guys do know there's tons of evidence that the media refused to report right? Including audio confessions and video evidence? It'd be funny if it wasn't so terrifying how effective the media is at covering this up.

Quote:
(12-11-2020, 11:17 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: This isn't a game, you shouldn't take conflict so lightly. It only took 3% of the colonists to take on the most powerful military force in the world in 1776. Right now you have tens of millions of angry people, if not more. Only a fraction would need to turn to arms to succeed, more will join as they find their courage after others have led the way. This is looking more and more likely by the day. This should not be laughed at and mocked.

And how exactly would they rise up?  Is there a strategic goal of some sort?  Would they attack the Pentagon?  Attack the local police?  Shoot whatever neighbors had Biden signs in their yard?  Occupy Wal-Mart?  How would you see such an uprising playing out?

No that's what BLM does.

(12-12-2020, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 11:17 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: This isn't a game, you shouldn't take conflict so lightly. It only took 3% of the colonists to take on the most powerful military force in the world in 1776. Right now you have tens of millions of angry people, if not more. Only a fraction would need to turn to arms to succeed, more will join as they find their courage after others have led the way. This is looking more and more likely by the day. This should not be laughed at and mocked.
Yes. It should be laughed at and mocked.

I believe conservatives were laughing at and mocking libs who were upset at the results of the 2016 election. And now those same conservatives are going to succeed from the “greatest country in the world”?! Hahaha and again, who are they fighting? Where’s the home base? This isn’t 1776 man. Time for you to get a grip and act like an adult. Or go post on Parler how bad a person Amy Coney Barrett is now that she didn’t back up Trump.

Yeah well, Trump didn't have truckloads of Ballots shipped in at 4am in 2016 daft fool.

(12-12-2020, 07:06 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 07:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pretty good.  

Although it was really a cinch.  One state cannot tell another state how to run its elections.  That's a basic concept embedded in our Constitution.  

And beyond the Constitutional question, if it was possible, then any state could sue any other state when they don't like the way they are running their election.  And that would be absolute chaos.  

It says a lot about the current Republican party that 17 state AGs and 106 members of Congress would sign on to such a farcical case.  Everyone knew there was no chance the Supreme Court would take that case.  It was all a stunt by the Texas AG to get Trump to pardon him for the crimes he is currently being investigated for.

You misrepresent the argument. The states in question violated their own constitution by enacting changes in election law at the 11th hour. The idea is, if that's okay, then a state could just do whatever the hell they wanted to elect their preferred candidate, in every election, which would have sweeping consequences for other states that do not use such tactics. The fact that people fail to see this, is just proof that the propaganda machine is working in full swing.

You guys do know there's tons of evidence that the media refused to report right? Including audio confessions and video evidence? It'd be funny if it wasn't so terrifying how effective the media is at covering this up.

Quote:And how exactly would they rise up?  Is there a strategic goal of some sort?  Would they attack the Pentagon?  Attack the local police?  Shoot whatever neighbors had Biden signs in their yard?  Occupy Wal-Mart?  How would you see such an uprising playing out?

No that's what BLM does.

(12-12-2020, 08:19 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Yes. It should be laughed at and mocked.

I believe conservatives were laughing at and mocking libs who were upset at the results of the 2016 election. And now those same conservatives are going to succeed from the “greatest country in the world”?! Hahaha and again, who are they fighting? Where’s the home base? This isn’t 1776 man. Time for you to get a grip and act like an adult. Or go post on Parler how bad a person Amy Coney Barrett is now that she didn’t back up Trump.

Yeah well, Trump didn't have truckloads of Ballots shipped in at 4am in 2016 daft fool.
Ok.....

Well let me know when those millions of “Americans” rise up and take back the country. Will this be before or after the Jags take Fields?

I get annoyed with conservatives that talk this way. History is not kind to conservatives. They will always lose due to the way they think, psychologically, at least. They don't understand the fundamental mechanism that gives progressives the advantage.

(12-12-2020, 09:34 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I get annoyed with conservatives that talk this way. History is not kind to conservatives. They will always lose due to the way they think, psychologically, at least. They don't understand the fundamental mechanism that gives progressives the advantage.

AKA, they don't play dirty enough.

(12-12-2020, 06:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just think if Trump had appointed a dude like Cruz to AG how different things would be. Crazy to think Barr knew about the Hunter stuff months before the election and kept it under wraps.

So swamp as swampy as ever.

Hillary not locked up

No wall

What a failure

(12-12-2020, 10:00 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 06:10 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just think if Trump had appointed a dude like Cruz to AG how different things would be. Crazy to think Barr knew about the Hunter stuff months before the election and kept it under wraps.

So swamp as swampy as ever.

Hillary not locked up

No wall

What a failure

Has Mexico paid the invoice for the small parts of the wall that has been built yet?

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 04:29 AM by Jag88.)

Its time to get celebrity out of politics. We will be a lot better off with a normal  put your head down and work politician from now on regardless if the president is Republican or Democrat

(12-13-2020, 04:26 AM)Jag88 Wrote: Its time to get celebrity out of politics. We will be a lot better off with a normal  put your head down and work politician from now on regardless if the president is Republican or Democrat

Absolutely 100% agree.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 05:52 AM by The Real Marty.)

(12-12-2020, 07:06 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 07:47 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Pretty good.  

Quote:And how exactly would they rise up?  Is there a strategic goal of some sort?  Would they attack the Pentagon?  Attack the local police?  Shoot whatever neighbors had Biden signs in their yard?  Occupy Wal-Mart?  How would you see such an uprising playing out?

No that's what BLM does.

I know what the argument was.  I'm telling you that argument is not valid.  The Constitution does not allow one state to sue another state over its voting practices.  So Texas does not have standing to sue Pennsylvania over its voting procedures.  Read the ruling: 

"The State of Texas's motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot."

Under the Constitution, Texas has no right to tell Pennsylvania how to operate their state.  

And everyone with half a brain knew the Supreme Court would refuse to take this case on those grounds.  Which begs the question, how can a person with enough brains to get through law school not know this?  Of course the answer is, the AG of Texas knew his case was going to fail.  He did it because he is under investigation for various crimes, and he wants Trump to pardon him.  And everyone else who signed onto the case did it to curry favor with Trump.  

Secondly, you say, "...there's tons of evidence that the media refused to report right? Including audio confessions and video evidence..." 

If that was true, it would have been presented in court.  Fifty court cases, no evidence presented.  

And thirdly, I still don't understand how this "uprising" is supposed to take place.   You can march through the streets shouting and yelling and brandishing your weapons all day, and you will accomplish nothing.  

(12-13-2020, 02:54 AM)captivating Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 10:00 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So swamp as swampy as ever.

Hillary not locked up

No wall

What a failure

Has Mexico paid the invoice for the small parts of the wall that has been built yet?

Soooo there is a wall. or no?

Governor Cuomo is a rapist.

(12-13-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 02:54 AM)captivating Wrote: Has Mexico paid the invoice for the small parts of the wall that has been built yet?

There is no stupid wall. 

He couldn't get it done and it was a pointless waste of money. 

Only ever managed 400 miles of "fence" that has already been cut through dozens of times.  

1000+ miles still open, as it should be. 

The whole stupid thing was just a ploy to get fearful idiots riled up in some nationalist fervor and that end of it worked well for him in Nov of 2016. 
Maybe he'd have duped more of those idiots a second time around if he'd actually followed through on building the damn thing, but as you know, he failed. Miserably.

(12-13-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 02:54 AM)captivating Wrote: Has Mexico paid the invoice for the small parts of the wall that has been built yet?

Given $15bn has been spent, I hope there is something.

(12-13-2020, 05:51 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 09:11 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Soooo there is a wall. or no?

Given $15bn has been spent, I hope there is something.

Haven't heard about any caravans from Guatemala headed our way, so I assume something is working.

Living in Florida, I don't have eyes on our border, so who really knows.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2020, 08:16 PM by mikesez.)

(12-13-2020, 06:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 05:51 PM)captivating Wrote: Given $15bn has been spent, I hope there is something.

Haven't heard about any caravans from Guatemala headed our way, so I assume something is working.

The Texas Tribune says that 470, 000 people claimed asylum at the southern border between October 2018 and October 2019. The Trump Administration tried to make anyone who claimed asylum at the border "remain in Mexico" and that might have been a good idea, but federal courts ruled that the president cannot decide to do that by himself. not all of the federal circuits agreed about this, and the Texas Tribune also estimates that about 60,000 people were redirected back into Mexico. But these are all estimates.

In other words, this was a failure, and nothing changed. Regardless of if a president's intentions are right or wrong, these are the kind of policies that he needs to work with Congress on. And Trump had neither the desire nor the talent to work with anyone in congress, even his own party. He was able to get them all to kiss his behind, but he was not able to get them to vote on any bills on any controversial subjects. Which was fine for him. All he's ever wanted his whole life is brown nosing.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-13-2020, 06:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 05:51 PM)captivating Wrote: Given $15bn has been spent, I hope there is something.

Hahahaha

“I don’t have eyes on the boarder”

(12-13-2020, 08:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 06:07 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Haven't heard about any caravans from Guatemala headed our way, so I assume something is working.

Hahahaha

“I don’t have eyes on the boarder”

Thank God. I couldn't imagine living in a border state where politicians want to treat illegals better than citizens.

In other news, the Jets are undefeated!
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

(12-13-2020, 05:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 07:06 PM)Minshew Mania Wrote: You misrepresent the argument. The states in question violated their own constitution by enacting changes in election law at the 11th hour. The idea is, if that's okay, then a state could just do whatever the hell they wanted to elect their preferred candidate, in every election, which would have sweeping consequences for other states that do not use such tactics. The fact that people fail to see this, is just proof that the propaganda machine is working in full swing.

No that's what BLM does.

I know what the argument was.  I'm telling you that argument is not valid.  The Constitution does not allow one state to sue another state over its voting practices.  So Texas does not have standing to sue Pennsylvania over its voting procedures.  Read the ruling: 

"The State of Texas's motion for leave to file a bill of complaint is denied for lack of standing under Article III of the Constitution. Texas has not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections. All other pending motions are dismissed as moot."

Under the Constitution, Texas has no right to tell Pennsylvania how to operate their state.  

And everyone with half a brain knew the Supreme Court would refuse to take this case on those grounds.  Which begs the question, how can a person with enough brains to get through law school not know this?  Of course the answer is, the AG of Texas knew his case was going to fail.  He did it because he is under investigation for various crimes, and he wants Trump to pardon him.  And everyone else who signed onto the case did it to curry favor with Trump.  

Secondly, you say, "...there's tons of evidence that the media refused to report right? Including audio confessions and video evidence..." 

If that was true, it would have been presented in court.  Fifty court cases, no evidence presented.  

And thirdly, I still don't understand how this "uprising" is supposed to take place.   You can march through the streets shouting and yelling and brandishing your weapons all day, and you will accomplish nothing.  

I can't take you seriously when you say "everyone with half a brain knew this case would be refused on those grounds". It's like you're playing the role of a smart man by using the power of hindsight. Yeah okay dude.

Also you mention "If that was true, it would have been presented in court.  Fifty court cases, no evidence presented. "

This demonstrates your lack of understanding as well. I guess I shouldn't be surprise because you hold opinions that are wildly outside the realms of reality. No evidence has been presented because no court case has been allowed to go to evidentiary hearings. Every judge keeps punting the case, either due to political bias or the judge getting death threats.

The "uprising" would take place with Trump declaring Martial Law and issuing FISA Warrants. His supporters will ensure he's successful by showing enough public support. If not, then they will start dragging politicians out into the streets and well, you can get creative after that. That's what a successful uprising would look like.