Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Jets thread

When the Brown ls went 0-16. Gregg Williams was their defensive coordinator

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The only winnable game left on the Jets schedule is the Browns and that isn't actually winnable.

If Lawrence decides to go back to school, that will confirm what we already believe about the desire to play for the Jets.

(12-07-2020, 11:51 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The only winnable game left on the Jets schedule is the Browns and that isn't actually winnable.

If Lawrence decides to go back to school, that will confirm what we already believe about the desire to play for the Jets.

If the Patriots are out of the playoffs, I honestly don't see why they don't try to make the Jets win that last game.

I know Belicheck hates the Jets, but killing their chances of getting Lawrence is probably a bigger long term hit to their franchise than going 0-16.

So the Jets fired Gregg Williams. Nice coverup.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 02:12 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

(12-07-2020, 12:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So the Jets fired Gregg Williams. Nice coverup.

Only choice they had. I keep seeing people wonder why would coaches tank if they know they will be gone, but cmon you know they are getting some side checks to tank. Best believe Williams got paid heavy for that play call, at least I believe that. Optically they had no choice but to fire him so the media is satisfied but they probably threw a party for Williams.

(12-07-2020, 12:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So the Jets fired Gregg Williams. Nice coverup.

He was the fall guy for this active tank-job.

They should get penalized in the draft but we all know the big boys wanted this to happen.

(12-07-2020, 11:13 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: lets not forget too the first rd pick can also end up being a busts as well.  Ryan leaf  ,jhoney manzil,jamarcus russel.  im not saying the 1 pick is a bad thing,just that its  not aa gurnatee of a team finding a franchise qb.

Jamarcus is the only #1 pick in your examples.

The conversation isn't about shooting for a QB in the first round, it's trying to get first pick of the entire board, so that you get the guy you think is the best player and fit for your team. You're right, they do have a chance at washing out, but Manziel was taken in the 20's, and that is not remotely the same as a top of the draft selection.

In 20 years (2001-2020), the first overall pick has been a QB 15 times. The only ones not to make a Probe Owl have been: David Carr (2002), Russell (2007), and Sam Bradford (2010). Three others (Mayfield, Murray and Burrow) were the tops for 2018,19,20 respectively and haven't had much opportunity to get selected.

I like my odds of hitting on a good QB at #1.

(12-07-2020, 02:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:

Only choice they had. I keep seeing people wonder why would coaches tank if they know they will be gone, but cmon you know they are getting some side checks to tank. Best believe Williams got paid heavy for that play call, at least I believe that. Optically they had no choice but to fire him so the media is satisfied but they probably threw a party for Williams.

Booger said Gregg did it (cover 0 blitz) on purpose to hurt Gase as they've been at odds for awhile. Just wanted to stick the ol 0fer record on him knowing they'd all be looking for new jobs in the off season anyway.

We'll never know... but man, that'd be kind of funny.

(12-08-2020, 12:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 02:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Only choice they had. I keep seeing people wonder why would coaches tank if they know they will be gone, but cmon you know they are getting some side checks to tank. Best believe Williams got paid heavy for that play call, at least I believe that. Optically they had no choice but to fire him so the media is satisfied but they probably threw a party for Williams.

Booger said Gregg did it (cover 0 blitz) on purpose to hurt Gase as they've been at odds for awhile. Just wanted to stick the ol 0fer record on him knowing they'd all be looking for new jobs in the off season anyway.

Gase could of trumped the call and changed it

(12-08-2020, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 12:34 PM)Kane Wrote: Booger said Gregg did it (cover 0 blitz) on purpose to hurt Gase as they've been at odds for awhile. Just wanted to stick the ol 0fer record on him knowing they'd all be looking for new jobs in the off season anyway.

Gase could of trumped the call and changed it

So if the HC is "in on the tank" his job must be safe right?

Or he just doesn't care at this point? Or he allowed the terrible call to have an excuse to fire Gregg?

Gregg Williams is a documented low character guy anyway, so it isn't like Adam Gase should be surprised Williams sabotaged his first victory.

I am curious if he still would have been fired had the Raiders not scored.

(12-08-2020, 12:34 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 02:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Only choice they had. I keep seeing people wonder why would coaches tank if they know they will be gone, but cmon you know they are getting some side checks to tank. Best believe Williams got paid heavy for that play call, at least I believe that. Optically they had no choice but to fire him so the media is satisfied but they probably threw a party for Williams.

The man is such a [BLEEP] that this theory is entirely plausible.

I am so hoping that the firing rejuvenates the team, and they go on a tear.

Looks like the firing took all life out of the team.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(12-13-2020, 11:12 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: Looks like the firing took all life out of the team.

Probably lost their bounties.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

looks like jets are going 0-16 this season. the only winnable game for jets would be jags if they played us. we are winless agaiest winless teams this season.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Jets up 10-0 and about to score again

J e t s jets jets jets!!!!!!!!!!!
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

bart simpson i will not get my hopes up about the jets this week i will not get my hopes up against the jets this week i will not get my hopes up about the jets this week

Ah, the hope the Jets give us every week!

13-0 Jets and they just got the ball back. Hopefully they score again before the half