Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ode to "let's talk about" ll

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 08:38 PM by Jags.)

(12-22-2020, 08:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 06:36 PM)Jags Wrote: If you’re able to post the pics you took with the telescope, please do.  My family and I saw some pics online of it.  But with the wood line behind our house we saw Butkus.

I used to know how to do that at one time. I think I forgot.

No worries, what you used to be able to is light years ahead of what I can do currently.   I’m glad you were able to witness it.  I’m sure it was amazing!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 10:25 AM by RicoTx.)

So, had an 'interesting' weekend.  

I came back from my daughter's house on Friday where we had gone for a Christmas brunch.  it was still early,  so I figured I'd get back to my remodeling.  I'm reconfiguring a closet and had to move a wall a bit and tear up some tile.  I knew there was a lot of extra tile in the garage because I had neatly arranged it.  I was looking for the bedroom tile.  It turned out it was on the bottom of the stack.  I was moving one of the boxes that was on top, and the nylon strap that holds the box together breaks and my arm flies up and bashes the 2x4 supporting the next shelf up.  My arm hits right on the wound where my melanoma was removed and rips off 3/4 of the scar tissue from the almost completely healed wound.  I now have about a silver dollar sized spot of raw, open, wound on my arm.  I'll be calling the dermatologist to see if he wants to look at it today.  I kinda have a feeling they'll just leave it as is.  We'll see soon.

Oh, it gets much better.  So Saturday I finish ripping out the dry wall and  tearing up the tile in the closet.  So I'm ready to start putting the closet back together.  I needed a new concrete bit for my drill so I could anchor the stud to the foundation.  While I'm in Home Depot, a [BLEEP] fire extinguisher falls off the wall and lands on my big toe on my left foot.  I have absolutely no idea how it fell as I was facing the drill bits.  Spent the majority of the day in the ER.  Got a broken toe and stitches.  There was blood all over the floor at Home Depot.  I wasn't even aware that I was bleeding until I saw the little blood spot on my shoe.  When I pulled my shoe off the blood was literally streaming through my sock.

I think this bedroom has bad mojo.  I got through the first three rooms without any issue.  Since I've started this room I put a nail through my fingertip and then these two mishaps.  I think as a controlled experiment I need to hire a contractor and see if anything happens to him while working on this room.  Hell, I have all of the demo done for him already.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(12-28-2020, 10:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So, had an 'interesting' weekend.  

I came back from my daughter's house on Friday where we had gone for a Christmas brunch.  it was still early,  so I figured I'd get back to my remodeling.  I'm reconfiguring a closet and had to move a wall a bit and tear up some tile.  I knew there was a lot of extra tile in the garage because I had neatly arranged it.  I was looking for the bedroom tile.  It turned out it was on the bottom of the stack.  I was moving one of the boxes that was on top, and the nylon strap that holds the box together breaks and my arm flies up and bashes the 2x4 supporting the next shelf up.  My arm hits right on the wound where my melanoma was removed and rips off 3/4 of the scar tissue from the almost completely healed wound.  I now have about a silver dollar sized spot of raw, open, wound on my arm.  I'll be calling the dermatologist to see if he wants to look at it today.  I kinda have a feeling they'll just leave it as is.  We'll see soon.

Oh, it gets much better.  So Saturday I finish ripping out the dry wall and  tearing up the tile in the closet.  So I'm ready to start putting the closet back together.  I needed a new concrete bit for my drill so I could anchor the stud to the foundation.  While I'm in Home Depot, a [BLEEP] fire extinguisher falls off the wall and lands on my big toe on my left foot.  I have absolutely no idea how it fell as I was facing the drill bits.  Spent the majority of the day in the ER.  Got a broken toe and stitches.  There was blood all over the floor at Home Depot.  I wasn't even aware that I was bleeding until I saw the little blood spot on my shoe.  When I pulled my shoe off the blood was literally streaming through my sock.

I think this bedroom has bad mojo.  I got through the first three rooms without any issue.  Since I've started this room I put a nail through my fingertip and then these two mishaps.  I think as a controlled experiment I need to hire a contractor and see if anything happens to him while working on this room.  Hell, I have all of the demo done for him already.

You should have no problem hiring a contractor with the lawsuit money you get from Home Depot.

(12-28-2020, 10:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:22 AM)RicoTx Wrote: So, had an 'interesting' weekend.  

You should have no problem hiring a contractor with the lawsuit money you get from Home Depot.

Meh, I'm not like that.  As long as they make my medical payments I'll find that acceptable.  On the other hand, if they don't, I'll have to find out who the local Eddie Farrah is.

(12-28-2020, 10:48 AM)RicoTx Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 10:27 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: You should have no problem hiring a contractor with the lawsuit money you get from Home Depot.

Meh, I'm not like that.  As long as they make my medical payments I'll find that acceptable.  On the other hand, if they don't, I'll have to find out who the local Eddie Farrah is.

I’m guessing you won’t have too long of a wait, I’m surprised they aren’t lined up at your front door!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Call us, Rico. 

Please?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.co...f=1&nofb=1]

Dear lord, Rico ... Whatever you do, don't have sex in that bedroom. Better yet, I know a contractor that can do the work at a very low cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkYiWpVOpSs

(12-28-2020, 03:27 PM)Sammy Wrote: Dear lord, Rico ... Whatever you do, don't have sex in that bedroom. Better yet, I know a contractor that can do the work at a very low cost.

Sammy! You’re alive! Banana

(12-28-2020, 03:27 PM)Sammy Wrote: Dear lord, Rico ... Whatever you do, don't have sex in that bedroom. Better yet, I know a contractor that can do the work at a very low cost.

Fortunately it's a spare bedroom.

I will have concerns about guests who stay over.

(12-28-2020, 03:40 PM)RicoTx Wrote:

Fortunately it's a spare bedroom.

I will have concerns about guests who stay over.

That’s where you stick the people you don’t like! Laughing

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2020, 05:33 PM by Jags.)

That room seems cursed. But then again, you also messed up your foot/ankle at your old house... Hope it gets better for you.

I went to a reef/fish store today and bought a Kole Tang. There’s many species of Tangs. Blue, Yellow, Powder Blue, Sailfin...the list goes on. The immature part of me really wanted to ask about the different types they had in stock, then ask if they had any Poon Tangs. But I didn’t. Maybe whenever I go to the other store I don’t like as much.

Update:  I didn't hurt anything yesterday.

Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020, 07:40 PM by Jags.)

My daughter is about to lose her first tooth.  So naturally, I google how much the tooth fairy is paying out these days.  $5.00!!!   Really!?!?   I remember getting.50-1.00.  Price of teeth went up.  Maybe I should just put a tube of toothpaste under the pillow and let her know it’ll keep happening until she learns to brush well.

(12-29-2020, 07:39 PM)Jags Wrote: My daughter is about to lose her first tooth.  So naturally, I google how much the tooth fairy is paying out these days.  $5.00!!!   Really!?!?   I remember getting.50-1.00.  Price of teeth went up.  Maybe I should just put a tube of toothpaste under the pillow and let her know it’ll keep happening until she learns to brush well.

Inflation my dear friend inflation
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(12-29-2020, 07:39 PM)Jag s Wrote: My daughter wife is about to lose her first tooth have a landscaper cut the grass.  So naturally, I google how much the tooth fairy homeowner is paying out these days.  $5.00!!!   $75.00!!!  Really!?!?   I remember getting.50-1.00. $5 as a kid. Price of teeth cutting grass went up.  Maybe I should just put a tube of toothpaste under the pillow  lawnmower in the kitchen and let her know it’ll keep happening until she learns to brush well cut it herself.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(12-30-2020, 08:49 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(12-29-2020, 07:39 PM)Jag s Wrote: My daughter wife is about to lose her first tooth have a landscaper cut the grass.  So naturally, I google how much the tooth fairy homeowner is paying out these days.  $5.00!!!   $75.00!!!  Really!?!?   I remember getting.50-1.00. $5 as a kid. Price of teeth cutting grass went up.  Maybe I should just put a tube of toothpaste under the pillow  lawnmower in the kitchen and let her know it’ll keep happening until she learns to brush well cut it herself.

Lol.  She can hire my lawn company, I’ve got teeth to pay for.  Wait... that makes me sound like the stereotypical methed out lawn guy.

(12-29-2020, 07:39 PM)Jags Wrote: My daughter is about to lose her first tooth.  So naturally, I google how much the tooth fairy is paying out these days.  $5.00!!!   Really!?!?   I remember getting.50-1.00.  Price of teeth went up.  Maybe I should just put a tube of toothpaste under the pillow and let her know it’ll keep happening until she learns to brush well.

My daughter only gets $2 and doesn't complain.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(12-30-2020, 09:46 AM)mikesez Wrote:

My daughter only gets $2 and doesn't complain.

I’m not sure how much we’ll place under the pillow.  Like your daughter, mine would be happy with any amount.  I think most of it is the “magical tooth fairy” came to visit.

I gave my son coins from trips I had taken. He still thinks it's cool (19) and it probably amounts to about $6.25 over the years  Big Grin

Spend that 100 pesos well kid!

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2020, 08:01 PM by mikesez.)

(12-30-2020, 09:57 AM)Jags Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 09:46 AM)mikesez Wrote: My daughter only gets $2 and doesn't complain.

I’m not sure how much we’ll place under the pillow.  Like your daughter, mine would be happy with any amount.  I think most of it is the “magical tooth fairy” came to visit.

Exactly.  She's into it, and asks about how to place it under the pillow just right so the tooth fairy will find it easily.  We've also taught her that the tooth fairy appreciates notes saying what she was doing when it fell out. We keep them, we can see how her handwriting and grammar improves.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.