Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Presidental Election

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 08:43 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-08-2021, 08:23 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They said that, if you didn't like how Twitter handled their platform, you could just create one yourself.

Now they're trying to prevent you from accessing the alternative platform.

Because the alternative platform literally became a platform for organizing and cheering insurrection?!
What are you not getting?

You have liberals all across Twitter talking about arresting GOP politicians, getting Trump supporters fired from their jobs, tried to to get the 2016 election overturned, the President impeached on false information, and now trying to use the 25th against him.

You version of insurrection must ignore all the times liberals tried doing it for the last 4 years. 

What are you not getting? Or is it different when the left does it?

(01-08-2021, 08:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: ...
Because the alternative platform literally became a platform for organizing and cheering insurrection?!

Also, who is organizing an insurrection?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2021, 08:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

You have liberals all across Twitter talking about arresting GOP politicians, getting Trump supporters fired from their jobs, tried to to get the 2016 election overturned, the President impeached on false information, and now trying to use the 25th against him.

You version of insurrection must ignore all the times liberals tried doing it for the last 4 years. 

The news told him about it, so it must be true!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 08:56 PM by mikesez.)

(01-08-2021, 08:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Insurrection has a specific definition.
Procedures described in the Constitution are constitutional, even if you disagree with why they might use the procedure.
It is sad, but normal for politicians to get arrested.  Remember Tom DeLay? What about our local legend Corrine Brown?
Insurrections are outside the law and the Constitution. A protestor shouts at a lawmaker that they should change their vote. A protestor uses their voice to demand that a lawmaker act as described in the Constitution to remove a President or other officer who has abused power.  An insurrectionist assaults the lawmaker to prevent them from voting.  I'll say it 100 more times to you if I need to.
It's amazing how dense you people get.

(01-08-2021, 08:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You have liberals all across Twitter talking about arresting GOP politicians, getting Trump supporters fired from their jobs, tried to to get the 2016 election overturned, the President impeached on false information, and now trying to use the 25th against him.

The news told him about it, so it must be true!

I saw it on live TV! Didn't you?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-08-2021, 08:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Bold Prediction: MySpace makes a big comeback in 2021

(01-08-2021, 08:14 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/222203...ce-capitol

This would be suicide for them.

I'd just use the browser version.
[Image: DFEE99-FA-FED4-4-F70-A026-237103-F40712.jpg]

[Image: 34-B24-F58-9590-447-F-9-E06-BE01-FBF7-C21-A.jpg]

(01-08-2021, 10:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [Image: 34-B24-F58-9590-447-F-9-E06-BE01-FBF7-C21-A.jpg]

lololol

I like that one
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 10:32 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-08-2021, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You have liberals all across Twitter talking about arresting GOP politicians, getting Trump supporters fired from their jobs, tried to to get the 2016 election overturned, the President impeached on false information, and now trying to use the 25th against him.

Procedures described in the Constitution are constitutional, even if you disagree with why they might use the procedure.
It is sad, but normal for politicians to get arrested.  Remember Tom DeLay? What about our local legend Corrine Brown?
Insurrections are outside the law and the Constitution. A protestor shouts at a lawmaker that they should change their vote. A protestor uses their voice to demand that a lawmaker act as described in the Constitution to remove a President or other officer who has abused power.  An insurrectionist assaults the lawmaker to prevent them from voting.  I'll say it 100 more times to you if I need to.

I'm always entertained when you pretend to know everything about everything even when it's glaringly obvious you just Google'd your answer.

You really should be more selective in which topics you choose when you take that [BLEEP] stance because it's easy for you to look like a jerk and an idiot. You always do this. You conflate different aspects of different things so that if one point is correct then you think all your points are correct. It isn't a platform for creating and organizing insurrection. Do you have an example? Was a lawmaker assaulted during all of this anyway? You're using insurrection because it's a buzzword for leftists. What you saw at the capital was a less violent version of a BLM riot from the summer.

I didn't say arresting the President would have been insurrection because he was arrested. I called it that because it would have been based evidence conjured by political opponents for the purpose of overturning a lawfully elected official. The arrest would have been the forcible removal of the President. You're correct in that it wouldn't have been by-the-book definition, but you also can't use the word as a catchall for what you saw at the capital.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 11:06 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Teitter just suspended Rush and hes not even tweeting.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 11:49 PM by mikesez.)

(01-08-2021, 10:31 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: Insurrection has a specific definition.

I'm always entertained when you pretend to know everything about everything even when it's glaringly obvious you just Google'd your answer.

You really should be more selective in which topics you choose when you take that [BLEEP] stance because it's easy for you to look like a jerk and an idiot. You always do this. You conflate different aspects of different things so that if one point is correct then you think all your points are correct. It isn't a platform for creating and organizing insurrection. Do you have an example? Was a lawmaker assaulted during all of this anyway? You're using insurrection because it's a buzzword for leftists. What you saw at the capital was a less violent version of a BLM riot from the summer.

I didn't say arresting the President would have been insurrection because he was arrested. I called it that because it would have been based evidence conjured by political opponents for the purpose of overturning a lawfully elected official. The arrest would have been the forcible removal of the President. You're correct in that it wouldn't have been by-the-book definition, but you also can't use the word as a catchall for what you saw at the capital.

Yes lawmakers were assaulted.  They had to run away with gas masks. They felt their lives were in danger. Maybe that's not exactly assault per the US Code, but certainly a crime was committed against the lawmakers.

The Constitution doesn't say the House can't conjure evidence for an impeachment hearing. If 67 senators think conjured evidence works, voila, it works. But, the Constitution does say the Vice President can't conjure new electoral votes. The votes can only come from the states.  It does say that you can't just strongarm your way into the building and become a Senator.

(01-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it’s long past due to shut down the political section of the board.

If you can’t talk religion (because it used to be bad conversations) but we can somehow continue with this talk?

I’m certainly not innocent here by any means but I think it’s time to remove it.

Cue up the “if you don’t like it then don’t post”.... But couldn’t that same logic be applied to religion? There isn’t good conversations being had anymore. It’s just all hate. From both sides. Look at what this board has become. Is this what was intended when you brought the board back? People’s political beliefs have turned into their religion.

Feeling guilty?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-08-2021, 11:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Teitter just suspended Rush and hes not even tweeting.

They had this planned for a while now.. They hate conservatives.. They hate Trump voters more than they hate Trump.. This has probably been conspired since the big steal took place..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 11:32 PM by Jags.)

(01-08-2021, 12:28 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I think it’s long past due to shut down the political section of the board.

If you can’t talk religion (because it used to be bad conversations) but we can somehow continue with this talk?

I’m certainly not innocent here by any means but I think it’s time to remove it.

Cue up the “if you don’t like it then don’t post”.... But couldn’t that same logic be applied to religion? There isn’t good conversations being had anymore. It’s just all hate. From both sides. Look at what this board has become. Is this what was intended when you brought the board back? People’s political beliefs have turned into their religion.

Overall, I must agree. I too am guilty of coming in here and spewing some stuff I shouldn’t.  It does seem to tear us apart to a degree. I wholeheartedly agree that politics has become a religion.  I’ve stated that before.  When the board moved on, I was under the impression that traffic to the site was needed to keep it afloat.  Part of me thinks this was allowed to keep the flow of traffic going.  After all, it seems to have been the most posted section this year.  The Jags sucked, but so much in politics has happened.  I’m all for keeping the board going. I’m all for talking religion.  But a religion section would only cue those that really don’t care or believe in it to chime in with their nonsense.  So, more of the same.  I like the politics section because we have so many in tune that most of the major topics and more seem to get discussed.  Which is cool because it almost make this place a one stop shop  to get current news as well as the latest on our favorite sports team, to a degree.  I can’t tell you how many times I was asked “did you hear...?” and I thought “well, yeah, I just read about it on the Jags message board.    I can go either way whether it is here or not.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 11:50 PM by Sneakers.)

(01-08-2021, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:42 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: You version of insurrection must ignore all the times liberals tried doing it for the last 4 years. 

Do you accept Merriam-Webster's definition of insurrection, copied below?
an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 12:02 AM by mikesez.)

(01-08-2021, 11:48 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:55 PM)mikesez Wrote: Insurrection has a specific definition.

Do you accept Merriam-Webster's definition of insurrection, copied below?
an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Of course.
Taking over a police building [civil authority] was insurrection.
Burning down an auto parts store [private property] was not.
When one branch of civil authority [Congress] investigates and prosecutes another [the President] using a procedure laid out in the Constitution, that's not insurrection.

(01-09-2021, 12:00 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:48 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Do you accept Merriam-Webster's definition of insurrection, copied below?

Of course.
Taking over a police building [civil authority] was insurrection.
Burning down an auto parts store [private property] was not.
When one branch of civil authority [Congress] investigates and prosecutes another [the President] using a procedure laid out in the Constitution, that's not insurrection.

When BLM protesters took over six blocks of Seattle, which included a police precinct, wasn't that insurrection?

When BLM protesters defied curfews, overturned and burned police cars and assaulted officers in Minneapolis and Ferguson, wasn't that also insurrection?

Can you direct me to any post you published at those times, labeling said actions as insurrection?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(01-08-2021, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 05:47 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Saw a blurb that Apple is going to restrict the Parler app.

They said that, if you didn't like how Twitter handled their platform, you could just create one yourself.

Personally, if it were me, I'd want them all on one platform. Easier to keep tabs and take the folks with treasonous intent out of the game if you know exactly where to look, and this isn't a movement that particularly cares about covering its tracks.

(01-08-2021, 11:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Teitter just suspended Rush and hes not even tweeting.

They had this planned for a while now.. They hate conservatives.. They hate Trump voters more than they hate Trump.. This has probably been conspired since the big steal took place..

More likely they (and Apple, Google and probably Parler) are scared poopless right now because the Capitol attack was more or less planned out under their noses, and if there's a second attack on Washington their [BLEEP] are going to be sued into the 31st century. I promise you there are already lawyers banging on doors to see if the families of the dead are interested in owning Apple, Google and/or a fifth-rate social media app for crazies.

(01-09-2021, 12:51 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 08:17 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They said that, if you didn't like how Twitter handled their platform, you could just create one yourself.

Personally, if it were me, I'd want them all on one platform. Easier to keep tabs and take the folks with treasonous intent out of the game if you know exactly where to look, and this isn't a movement that particularly cares about covering its tracks.

(01-08-2021, 11:11 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: They had this planned for a while now.. They hate conservatives.. They hate Trump voters more than they hate Trump.. This has probably been conspired since the big steal took place..

More likely they (and Apple, Google and probably Parler) are scared poopless right now because the Capitol attack was more or less planned out under their noses, and if there's a second attack on Washington their [BLEEP] are going to be sued into the 31st century. I promise you there are already lawyers banging on doors to see if the families of the dead are interested in owning Apple, Google and/or a fifth-rate social media app for crazies.

Ohhhhhhhh dirty word. I'm tellin!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 01:23 AM by TJBender.)

(01-09-2021, 01:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 12:51 AM)TJBender Wrote: Personally, if it were me, I'd want them all on one platform. Easier to keep tabs and take the folks with treasonous intent out of the game if you know exactly where to look, and this isn't a movement that particularly cares about covering its tracks.

Ohhhhhhhh dirty word. I'm tellin!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is, after saying, "I don't want to be your friend," to Mike Pence, I could totally see your homie saying exactly what you just did. The man's brain is gone, lost in a sea of schizophrenia, dementia and (rightful) fear of what life after the Presidency looks like. If he had three functioning brain cells yet, he'd get with Pence and McConnell and do the Nixon deal. Resign in exchange for a pardon, which would be easily justified by saying that it was a time for unity, not a time for a show trial. Besides, NY is coming for him, pardon or not.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2021, 01:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-09-2021, 01:23 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Ohhhhhhhh dirty word. I'm tellin!!!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is, after saying, "I don't want to be your friend," to Mike Pence, I could totally see your homie saying exactly what you just did. The man's brain is gone, lost in a sea of schizophrenia, dementia and (rightful) fear of what life after the Presidency looks like. If he had three functioning brain cells yet, he'd get with Pence and McConnell and do the Nixon deal. Resign in exchange for a pardon, which would be easily justified by saying that it was a time for unity, not a time for a show trial. Besides, NY is coming for him, pardon or not.

For a minute,  I swear I thought you were talking about Joe.

My post was around your bad word getting through the filter. I have no clue what you are talking about.

BtW, I hope they try. I'd enjoy seeing state attorneys get demolished by accomplished private sector attorneys.

(01-09-2021, 01:29 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 01:23 AM)TJBender Wrote: The funny thing is, after saying, "I don't want to be your friend," to Mike Pence, I could totally see your homie saying exactly what you just did. The man's brain is gone, lost in a sea of schizophrenia, dementia and (rightful) fear of what life after the Presidency looks like. If he had three functioning brain cells yet, he'd get with Pence and McConnell and do the Nixon deal. Resign in exchange for a pardon, which would be easily justified by saying that it was a time for unity, not a time for a show trial. Besides, NY is coming for him, pardon or not.

For a minute,  I swear I thought you were talking about Joe.

My post was around your bad word getting through the filter. I have no clue what you are talking about.

BtW, I hope they try. I'd enjoy seeing state attorneys get demolished by accomplished private sector attorneys.

If those attorneys are ten times as competent as his "elite strike force", I like the state attorneys' chances.