Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Elite staff

Isn't the assumption that Smith will be cut if he doesn't retire?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2021, 03:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote: There have been rumors of this.
Doesn’t Smith have a pretty big contract? I’d rather take that money and spend it on pieces to support Trevor.

Yeah me too but I’m advocating for Smith to be QB Coach

(01-26-2021, 03:52 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote: There have been rumors of this.
Doesn’t Smith have a pretty big contract? I’d rather take that money and spend it on pieces to support Trevor.

There have been rumors of him retiring and joining Urban's staff in some form, maybe QB coach or some other assistant coach to start with.

(01-21-2021, 09:07 AM)Protozoa Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 12:39 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I totally forgot about Riddick. I didn't know we interviewed Smith.

We also interviewed Ray Farmer.

(01-26-2021, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 05:55 AM)Black and Teal Wrote: Also, a lot of people want to trade for Alex Smith as a back up QB but I think his next phase in his football career is as a QB Coach for Urban Meyer and the Jags. Mahomes credits Smith for his development and I think he has a wealth of experience and has quarterbacked at a high level.

There have been rumors of this.

This would make me put one foot back on the bandwagon.

Yeah for me, I’m hoping that when we finalize our staff with either Alex Smith or Pep Hamilton at QB Coach. Or make Smith the Passing Game coordinator

Don't shoot the messenger

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...8379807747

(01-27-2021, 10:23 PM)Upper Wrote: Don't shoot the messenger

Maybe Keenan had an offer elsewhere?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Lame. I really wanted to keep McCardell.

(01-27-2021, 10:51 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Maybe Keenan had an offer elsewhere?

Regardless, I'm curious what the WR have to say about the move. seemed to be a position where players were improving, and the coach had the crew's ear. I only hope the new guy can be as successful.

Really kinda p.o.'d that we promote this big message of culture change, being new and we've done nothing but brought in a bunch of the same old dudes who have been doing the same thing forever.

I wish Keenan the best, maybe the best is getting the heck out of town.

The Buffalo WRs are raving about Sanjay fwiw.

Keenan already got the Vikings WR coach gig.

(01-28-2021, 11:10 AM)Upper Wrote: The Buffalo WRs are raving about Sanjay fwiw.

Keenan already got the Vikings WR coach gig.
Keenan and JJ should be great.

I know if the Jags drafted well in round 1 they likely don’t get Trevor but imagine Wirfs, JJ, Chark, Robinson and Trevor..... major building blocks.

Zach Orr is interviewing to be Jaguars LB Coach:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-lb-coach/

(01-28-2021, 12:00 PM)D6 Wrote: Zach Orr is interviewing to be Jaguars LB Coach:

Seems a  bit young and inexperienced. 

Orr has spent the last four seasons working with the Ravens and was a defensive coaching analyst for the team during the 2020 season. Orr has been part of the Ravens’ organization since making the team as an undrafted free agent linebacker in 2014, but his playing days were cut short when he was diagnosed with a congenital spinal condition that left him at risk for serious injury.
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

(01-28-2021, 12:05 PM)Sibelius Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 12:00 PM)D6 Wrote: Zach Orr is interviewing to be Jaguars LB Coach:

Seems a  bit young and inexperienced. 

Orr has spent the last four seasons working with the Ravens and was a defensive coaching analyst for the team during the 2020 season. Orr has been part of the Ravens’ organization since making the team as an undrafted free agent linebacker in 2014, but his playing days were cut short when he was diagnosed with a congenital spinal condition that left him at risk for serious injury.

The inexperienced thought came to mind when reading the article.

Whether Zach Orr's playing experience as a LB with the Ravens, Orr working with Joe Cullen on the Ravens Coaching Staff, and the overall coaching roles Orr has had in Baltimore are enough to convince Urban Meyer to hire Orr as Jags LB Coach, remains to be seen.  

Keenan is supposed to be on 1010XL at 12:30 today
[Image: badbaalke.jpg]

Orr is only LB coach in name, Charlie Strong is the real LB coach that we gave the asst head coach title. We used titles to get up and comers better titles so we could get them without having to get permission.

Apparently Orr was in the running to be the Ravens ILB coach before they hire Rob Ryan. Could be a further sign that we are moving to the 3-4.

Jaguars are looking to add Mark Brunell as QB coach.

(01-28-2021, 06:02 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Jaguars are looking to add Mark Brunell as QB coach.

Seriously? Lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(01-28-2021, 06:02 PM)Jagulars Wrote: Jaguars are looking to add Mark Brunell as QB coach.

The Lions are, not the Jags.