Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joe Biden's America

(02-01-2021, 07:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 09:53 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: AOC literally just accused Ted Cruz of trying to murder her. She is a zealot. She was always extreme. It's a fools errand to suggest she isn't radical in the political realm.

My point, TRM, is that when AOC came on the scene, she should have been roundly rejected by democrats as being too extreme, but she wasn't. She should have been pushed out of the party, but she wasn't. Conservatives then used her as the face of the democratic party, which creates a reaction from a fringe group that wants to match that level of extremism. Not all conservatives, of course, but a fringe group. Now, Green will be used as the face of the right. You think the left is going to moderate or get more extreme? That's a rhetorical question, because we already see the left calling for censorship that is unparalleled in my lifetime. All of conservatism is being attached to the crazies. This is typical game theory escalation. The rational choice is for both sides to moderate, but that's not how the game is being played by the left. Why shouldn't the right follow suit?

It seems like what you are saying is that the right should not have to remove their ball and chain until the left removes their ball and chain.

The "crazy" of the Left (Bernie and The Squad) have been glorified to the forefront leadership of the Party while the "crazy" of the Right is some chick who just won a seat in Georgia of whom no one's ever heard.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-01-2021, 10:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone send a memo to Stacey Abrams that votes in Georgia cost $2000, not $1400.

https://twitter.com/MichaelTanuvasa/status/1355651920744964096?s=20

Democratic Party tweet accused of contradicting Biden's original promise for third, $2000 stimulus check | Fox News

Wait until they hear that it's "targeted", lol.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-01-2021, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Someone send a memo to Stacey Abrams that votes in Georgia cost $2000, not $1400.

https://twitter.com/MichaelTanuvasa/status/1355651920744964096?s=20

Democratic Party tweet accused of contradicting Biden's original promise for third, $2000 stimulus check | Fox News

Wait until they hear that it's "targeted", lol.

2022 will be a bloodbath if they don't cheat again.

(01-31-2021, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 02:57 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You seem to be contradicting yourself.  You say, the left will use Taylor Greene as the face of the right, the same way the Republicans use AOC as the face of the left.  But then you say you don't want to oust Taylor Greene from the public sphere until the Dems oust AOC.  But if AOC is bad for the left, why do you want them to oust her?  You say, "The right is always the one that must concede or condemn..." but wouldn't getting rid of Taylor Greene be GOOD for the Republicans?   Wouldn't you want the Dems to KEEP AOC?

But wouldn't the Republicans want AOC to gain influence over the Democratic Party?  It would seem to be in the Republicans' best interest to, as you put it, keep feeding the troll. 

I'm a moderate.  So I wish they would BOTH go away.   But it seems like the right would want AOC to stay and say more stupid stuff, and the left would want Taylor Greene to stay and say more stupid stuff.

The Republicans only want AOC as a symbol in the hopes that people will see the folly of her views. Giving too much attention lends her ideas legitimacy. 

You guys are missing the main point in the difference between Greene and AOC. Greene is a serious loon who has expressed support for shooting Nancy Pelosi in the head. She's a wild-eyed conspiracy nut who has no business being in Washington. 

AOC, on the other hand, is a cheerleader for an ideology which is a proven failure. Like Bernie, she's just another purveyor of big government nostrum. 

AOC's ideas are merely flawed, Greene is deranged.

This post is perfect.  Homebiscuit gets it. The thread should have ended here.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Don't blame me, folks.

(02-01-2021, 11:18 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 06:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The Republicans only want AOC as a symbol in the hopes that people will see the folly of her views. Giving too much attention lends her ideas legitimacy. 

You guys are missing the main point in the difference between Greene and AOC. Greene is a serious loon who has expressed support for shooting Nancy Pelosi in the head. She's a wild-eyed conspiracy nut who has no business being in Washington. 

AOC, on the other hand, is a cheerleader for an ideology which is a proven failure. Like Bernie, she's just another purveyor of big government nostrum. 

AOC's ideas are merely flawed, Greene is deranged.

This post is perfect.  Homebiscuit gets it. The thread should have ended here.

Welcome back.. Liar..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-01-2021, 11:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don't blame me, folks.

This is all your fault.

In Joe Biden's America Speech is protected but the means of broadcasting it are a tool of repression.

"We are going to have to figure out the OANN and Newsmax problem. These companies have freedom of speech, but I'm not sure we need Verizon, AT&T, Comcast and such bringing them into tens of millions of homes."

“We have given a lot of leeway — both in the traditional media and on social media — to people who have a very broad range of political views,” Stamos told CNN host Brian Stelter. “We have to turn down the capability of these conservative influencers to reach these huge audiences.”

- Former Facebook CSO Alex Stamos on CNN, January 17th, 2021.

(02-01-2021, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don't underestimate people's ability to think for themselves. You're citing a period in history when the flow of information came from only a few spigots. That is not true today.

For instance, I watched 60 Minutes last night because they did a segment on the Chinese incursion into the American biomedical industry and how it benefits them. At the end of the show they did a follow up of a previous story about Putin opponent Alexy Navalny who was poisoned then imprisoned.

Leslie Stahl ended the segment in her most smarmy tone, 'On President Biden's first day in office, he contacted Putin and grilled him about Navalny, which, by the way, was never done by the previous president.'

Ten years ago that would have drawn head shaking condemnation by the most ardent Republican. Nowadays? It draws head shaking disbelief at the obvious media bias because people are wide awake to the distortions being fed to them. Fake news is real. The knowledge that the Fourth Estate has been corrupted is fully accepted by all.

Don't overestimate people's ability to think for themselves, either. I don't share your belief that people are wide awake when it comes to media bias.

(02-01-2021, 11:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don't blame me, folks.

Of course not.  Blame the fools who kept dithering with you after you schooled them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-01-2021, 11:43 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:12 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Don't underestimate people's ability to think for themselves. You're citing a period in history when the flow of information came from only a few spigots. That is not true today.

For instance, I watched 60 Minutes last night because they did a segment on the Chinese incursion into the American biomedical industry and how it benefits them. At the end of the show they did a follow up of a previous story about Putin opponent Alexy Navalny who was poisoned then imprisoned.

Leslie Stahl ended the segment in her most smarmy tone, 'On President Biden's first day in office, he contacted Putin and grilled him about Navalny, which, by the way, was never done by the previous president.'

Ten years ago that would have drawn head shaking condemnation by the most ardent Republican. Nowadays? It draws head shaking disbelief at the obvious media bias because people are wide awake to the distortions being fed to them. Fake news is real. The knowledge that the Fourth Estate has been corrupted is fully accepted by all.

Don't overestimate people's ability to think for themselves, either. I don't share your belief that people are wide awake when it comes to media bias.

You won't hear many on the left deny the media is biased. They're just happy it's biased for them.

But they are still buying and repeating the narrative. What does it matter if they know it's biased if they are still heavily influenced by it? This goes for the right, too.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1354994

[Image: 70-FA3357-9-ACE-46-A4-A807-51-D89-A4-D204-B.jpg]

so what happened?!?

Let's not ruin this thread talking about Mikesez. If you want to rake him over the coals for not sticking to his word, make a new one.

(02-01-2021, 12:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Let's not ruin this thread talking about Mikesez. If you want to rake him over the coals for not sticking to his word, make a new one.

Blow it out of your rear.. Nobody is hijacking this thread other than a few comments.. so, shut up..

Ok, dude. You do you. That's what's important, anyways.

(02-01-2021, 12:19 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Ok, dude. You do you. That's what's important, anyways.

Always..

So Mike, what brought you back? You over the Urban hire or is this just how it goes in Joe Biden's America?

(02-01-2021, 10:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:43 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Wait until they hear that it's "targeted", lol.

2022 will be a bloodbath if they don't cheat again.

Dude, get off the QAnon websites. There was no cheating in this election, just like there was no cheating when Trump won in 2016. The will of the majority was completed both times. Sometimes your candidate wins and sometimes they don't. Just live your life and quit worrying about what is in the past. I'm certainly not thrilled that Biden and the Democrats are in control, but I'm not gonna dwell on it. I was gonna be disappointed no matter who won though. American politics have devolved into the far right vs. the far left and it's all because of this stupid two party system.

(02-01-2021, 02:41 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: 2022 will be a bloodbath if they don't cheat again.

Dude, get off the QAnon websites. There was no cheating in this election, just like there was no cheating when Trump won in 2016. The will of the majority was completed both times. Sometimes your candidate wins and sometimes they don't. Just live your life and quit worrying about what is in the past. I'm certainly not thrilled that Biden and the Democrats are in control, but I'm not gonna dwell on it. I was gonna be disappointed no matter who won though. American politics have devolved into the far right vs. the far left and it's all because of this stupid two party system.

WWG1WGA