Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer Hired. It's official!

I like Meyer probably less than just about anyone on this board and in fact stopped being a Gators fan because of him, but I'm having a hard time not seeing this as a smart and beneficial hire for the Jaguars. Meyer brings a long track record of success and immediately insisted on systemic changes that a lesser candidate would never dare to insist on in negotiations. Can you imagine Marrone insisting on $15 million in upgrades to the training facility and modernizing staff and training techniques? Meyer will bring national attention to the least respected franchise in the league, if not pro sports, and immediately help fill the stadium, Furthermore, I would imagine that he'll initially change the way the league itself looks at the Jaguars too. We are clearly unimportant to the NFL as a franchise (Upton Bell actually said on Twitter that most of the owners regret ever giving Jacksonville a franchise and see it as a mistake they would like to rectify) and he has enough pull to change their outlook if things go well. I think Khan finally displayed some vision here. I see it as the best possible hire towards keeping the Jaguars in Jacksonville even though I dislike him personally.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brian Schottenheimer (sp?), hired from Seattle as a passing coach..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(02-01-2021, 10:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Brian Schottenheimer (sp?), hired from Seattle as a passing coach..

Now that’s new. Passing Coordinator? That’s not a thing until now, right?

I dig it.

(02-01-2021, 10:54 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:50 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: Brian Schottenheimer (sp?), hired from Seattle as a passing coach..

Now that’s new. Passing Coordinator? That’s not a thing until now, right?

I dig it.

It has been a thing. This is a great hire. I wanted Schottenheimer as our OC, but now we get him and Bevel, yes please.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I feel like there is a made up position I could adequately fill in this administration.

(02-01-2021, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I feel like there is a made up position I could adequately fill in this administration.

Pretty much every team, pro and college has a passing coordinator position. I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a running game coordinator.

(02-01-2021, 10:57 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:54 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Now that’s new. Passing Coordinator? That’s not a thing until now, right?

I dig it.

It has been a thing. This is a great hire. I wanted Schottenheimer as our OC, but now we get him and Bevel, yes please.
I agree this was a great hire. I just haven’t seen many guys with this position label. Honestly wouldn’t have called him going to a position like this but I think this is great hire. I feel like this is Urban having guys familiar with the NFL game fill the ranks.

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2021, 11:32 PM by surfon.)

(02-01-2021, 10:57 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I feel like there is a made up position I could adequately fill in this administration.

Passing game coordinators assistant assistant is what i just emailed them about.  

Btw this is a nice add.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0spRB8U0jAx6F6xow74p...w&usqp=CAU]

Personally, I'd rather have Schottenheimer as the OC over Bevell, but whatever.

How’s your dance moves?  Maybe you could be the Touchdown Celebration Choreographer.

Meyer is going a great job and he is keeping his promise to build an elite staff.

(02-02-2021, 11:15 PM)Dimson Wrote: Meyer is going a great job and he is keeping his promise to build an elite staff.

Yea... Warhop is truly elite. And so is Bevell.. Oh wait.

(02-03-2021, 11:02 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 11:15 PM)Dimson Wrote: Meyer is going a great job and he is keeping his promise to build an elite staff.

The proof they're elite is that they're on Meyer's staff. You can ask both Shad and Urban about that.

(02-03-2021, 11:02 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

First off Bevell is known for discovering and developing Wilson in to the QB he is today. Yes, he decided to pass it in one of the worst calls in SB history but beyond that one bad call, he record as an OC is outstanding. His record of getting the most out of his QBs is also outstanding. So yes, I consider him elite. As far as Warhop, that is hard to judge. His previous HC was an OL guy so who knows how much control he had over the line. I know Warhop is hated around here but I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt and see what he can do under Urban.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2021, 04:53 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(02-03-2021, 12:49 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:02 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yea... Warhop is truly elite. And so is Bevell.. Oh wait.

First off Bevell is known for discovering and developing Wilson in to the QB he is today. Yes, he decided to pass it in one of the worst calls in SB history but beyond that one bad call, he record as an OC is outstanding. His record of getting the most out of his QBs is also outstanding. So yes, I consider him elite. As far as Warhop, that is hard to judge. His previous HC was an OL guy so who knows how much control he had over the line. I know Warhop is hated around here but I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt and see what he can do under Urban.

LMFAO

Did you watch Russell Wilson in College? Same. Exact. Player. Bevell had ZERO to do with Russell Wilson and it's funny to think otherwise.

Bevell sucks. He sucked in Seattle (he had Carroll and Russell Wilson), he definitely sucked in Detroit... and he's going to suck even harder here. His pathetic reputation will be saved by Trevor Lawrence's natural ability...... much like Bill Belichick's "legend' was created by lucking out with Tom Brady.

(02-03-2021, 04:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 12:49 PM)Dimson Wrote: First off Bevell is known for discovering and developing Wilson in to the QB he is today. Yes, he decided to pass it in one of the worst calls in SB history but beyond that one bad call, he record as an OC is outstanding. His record of getting the most out of his QBs is also outstanding. So yes, I consider him elite. As far as Warhop, that is hard to judge. His previous HC was an OL guy so who knows how much control he had over the line. I know Warhop is hated around here but I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt and see what he can do under Urban.

LMFAO

Did you watch Russell Wilson in College? Same. Exact. Player. Bevell had ZERO to do with Russell Wilson and it's funny to think otherwise.

Bevell sucks. He sucked in Seattle (he had Carroll and Russell Wilson), he definitely sucked in Detroit... and he's going to suck even harder here. His pathetic reputation will be saved by Trevor Lawrence's natural ability...... much like Bill Belichick's "legend' was created by lucking out with Tom Brady.

Wilson was considered such a great prospect coming out of college that every team passed on him twice. Some 3 times.

The pick was widely panned as a wasted pick because they had just signed Matt Flynn.

(02-03-2021, 05:48 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 04:52 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: LMFAO

Wilson was considered such a great prospect coming out of college that every team passed on him twice. Some 3 times.

The pick was widely panned as a wasted pick because they had just signed Matt Flynn.

Anyone that watched Wilson play for Wisconsin knew just how good he was.

(02-03-2021, 05:53 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 05:48 PM)Predator Wrote: Wilson was considered such a great prospect coming out of college that every team passed on him twice. Some 3 times.

Anyone that watched Wilson play for Wisconsin knew just how good he was.

Obviously not.

(02-03-2021, 06:54 PM)Predator Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 05:53 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Anyone that watched Wilson play for Wisconsin knew just how good he was.

Obviously not.

It honestly makes me wonder if owners are paying scouts for just chilling in hotel rooms rather than actually looking at players.

Seriously... watch his college plays.. he's hitting all receivers in stride, throwing them open... he's clearly an NFL player.