Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Trevor's speed be used for running plays?
Trevor's speed should be used for running plays
Trevor should just be used as a passing QB
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Urban, No Read Option for Trevor, please

Urban, No Read Option for Trevor.  I know Dabo was using the read option to take advantage of Trevor's speed the last two years but I think the risk of injury/cost is too great.

I would prefer Trevor to use his speed for Aaron Rodgers type mobility to extend passing plays rather than to gain yards on the ground.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It seems like running ability is the most important for a QB these days. Sometimes I see it as code words to describe what kind of QB they want. Sometimes I wonder why nobody wants to admit that the GOAT has a little more than 1,000 running yards in 20 seasons.

(03-04-2021, 10:48 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It seems like running ability is the most important for a QB these days. Sometimes I see it as code words to describe what kind of QB they want. Sometimes I wonder why nobody wants to admit that the GOAT has a little more than 1,000 running yards in 20 seasons.

Running can only be sustained for so long and usually shortens the career/effective prime of a QB.

You look at Andrew Luck and Cam Newton and they were basically broken down QB's by the time they were 30.

Mike Vick was basically done as a starting QB by age 32 and his decline started even before that.

You just can't sustain that amount of hits without having wear and tear and risk a major injury.

I would consider Mahmoes more a pocket passer but he jeopardized the chiefs chances when he ran for 5 yards and suffered a concussion against Cleveland in the playoffs. (in not only that game but the AFC championship because of concussion protocol)

Was it ever decided amongst the board if Trevor's hair was long enough for his elite status?

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2021, 11:11 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Use him like Andrew Luck.  Drop back passer and run as a last resort when the opportunity presents itself.  But he shouldn't take the hits Luck took when he runs -- go out of bounds or slide -- sacrifice a few yards to stay healthy.

(03-04-2021, 11:08 AM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: Was it ever decided amongst the board if Trevor's hair was long enough for his elite status?

Yes, it was decided that he's the only elite NFL QB in NFL history with long hair. (not medium length)

(03-04-2021, 09:36 AM)Tank Commander Wrote: Urban, No Read Option for Trevor.  

I definitely don't want to see the Vince Young type offense .... which I know won't happen.

(03-04-2021, 10:48 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: It seems like running ability is the most important for a QB these days. Sometimes I see it as code words to describe what kind of QB they want. Sometimes I wonder why nobody wants to admit that the GOAT has a little more than 1,000 running yards in 20 seasons.

Running yards ?

Rushing yards

(03-04-2021, 11:11 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Use him like Andrew Luck.  Drop back passer and run as a last resort when the opportunity presents itself.  But he shouldn't take the hits Luck took when he runs -- go out of bounds or slide -- sacrifice a few yards to stay healthy.

Haha, Not exactly the best example of how to use a once in a generation QB, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Brunell and Brady both tore their knee up by passing from inside the pocket.

Don’t play scared. If the read play will win me a super bowl then I’m running it.

Some of you guys are being bratty. This is pro football, and nothing changes because he has long, blonde hair.

(03-04-2021, 11:30 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Brunell and Brady both tore their knee up by passing from inside the pocket.

Don’t play scared. If the read play will win me a super bowl then I’m running it.

Some of you guys are being bratty. This is pro football, and nothing changes because he has long, blonde hair.

I'm more concerned because he has skinny legs and a high center of gravity than the hair.
I don't think it's worth it to risk injury to a once in a generation QB. Minimize the risk.

Sure Brady got hurt in the pocket but he still has played 20 years and 10 super bowls.
Look at Wentz, he hasn't been the same since his knee injury and he suffered that trying to run for a 40 yard TD.

A QB that can make plays with his legs is always a bonus, i dont think we ever schemed that part of Bortles's game enough but hes not like Lamar or Murray whos legs are arguably their best weapons, Lawrence's arm is still his main weapon.

I agree with your general point, no point making him rush for 5 yard gains but he can run and QB's are often left unassigned in pass coverage so it could help us in the red zone or even moving the chains.

With our Oline i wouldnt want him just dropping back and throwing. Having a genuine QB back there is going to make D's have to give up just stuffing the box against us and knowing theyll get preasure before we get open. If we have more 4WR's and spread pass plays that should make things easier for the Oline

...run pass option, I think that’s his game. He’s no John Elway...

He’s a gamer..

(03-04-2021, 11:30 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Brunell and Brady both tore their knee up by passing from inside the pocket.

Yep, the large majority of QB injuries happen inside the pocket.

They're going to run the read option... As long as the vast majority of plays result in either a handoff to a running back, or a pass play, I'm fine with it.

(03-04-2021, 11:25 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 11:11 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Use him like Andrew Luck.  Drop back passer and run as a last resort when the opportunity presents itself.  But he shouldn't take the hits Luck took when he runs -- go out of bounds or slide -- sacrifice a few yards to stay healthy.

Haha, Not exactly the best example of how to use a once in a generation QB, lol.

I think they used him properly but he took unnecessary risks and got beat up when he decided to get the extra few yards each time he ran.  I clearly qualified my opinion by stating that he needs to sacrifice the few yards to stay healthy (even if it means not getting the 1st down).

I don’t mind using it a few times per game to make the defensive protect against the threat but I don’t want to see it 10-15 times.
[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

(03-04-2021, 02:14 PM)Upper Wrote:

Large majority of plays happen in the pocket

(03-04-2021, 02:14 PM)Upper Wrote:

Wentz torn ACL running for a touchdown.
Mahomes concussion trying to run for a 1st down.

Wear and tear on Andrew Luck and Cam Newton.

as someone said the injury rate is higher with the QB running, just that most plays take place in the pocket for QBs.

(03-04-2021, 08:10 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(03-04-2021, 02:14 PM)Upper Wrote: Yep, the large majority of QB injuries happen inside the pocket.

Wentz torn ACL running for a touchdown.
Mahomes concussion trying to run for a 1st down.

Wear and tear on Andrew Luck and Cam Newton.

as someone said the injury rate is higher with the QB running, just that most plays take place in the pocket for QBs.

Tom Brady ACL in the pocket
Carson Palmer ACL in the pocket
Peyton Manning neck holding up his fivehead
Sean Payton destroyed leg standing on the sideline
Bill Grammatica ACL celebrating a routine field goal

It's a physical game, you can get hurt doing dang near anything once you step on the field. Don't limit your player, especially if that is a part of the game that made them your top pick.