Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Trevor Lawrence Thread

(01-06-2021, 03:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Gosh I will be glad when he declares. What’s taking so long.

He probably just wanted to get away from football for a few days.

He just finished the marathon that was an NCAA season during COVID.  As soon as he declares, that will be another marathon, even with him being the defacto No. 1 pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trevor has finally declared for the 2021 NFL Draft.

NH3...
"AZANE"

FINALLY!!!!

Lol Trevor has killed this forum.

(01-09-2021, 12:42 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol Trevor has killed this forum.

How so?

(01-27-2021, 03:22 PM)Black and Teal Wrote:

How so?

Because when there is no debate over our first pick the posts drop to just a few a day or less.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2021, 02:12 PM by Black and Teal.)

The takes here are fun to review a year later

One question, do you think he is a better prospect than Bridgewater?

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2021, 06:34 PM by Bullseye.)

(01-27-2021, 03:42 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 03:22 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: How so?

Because when there is no debate over our first pick the posts drop to just a few a day or less.

A small price to pay for a franchise QB.

The dynamic really doesn't change much anyway for pick 25.

You'll have a few posters legitimately debate what to do with the pick and make stands on players.

You'll have other posters who will keep from being definitive on a player/players and hide behind "BAP."

(03-28-2021, 02:12 PM)Black and Teal Wrote: The takes here are fun to review a year later

I cringe and laugh at some of my past takes.

But I take some solace in actually haven taken a position.

(04-05-2021, 04:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

One question, do you think he is a better prospect than Bridgewater?

Yes.

Whether he has a better career than Bridgewater is to be determined.

Is he likely to have a better career?  Yes.

Is he guaranteed to have a better career?  No.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

#tankforTeddy

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/...79489?s=19

Programming note: Tonight's NFL Network's Path to the Draft program has a segment on Trevor Lawrence. The show airs again at 8pm.

Question #1: Assuming Trevor Lawrence will be our pick at #1, and assuming the status quo is maintained at QB for the rest of the division, given that TL hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL, where would you rank him among the diviion's QBs?

Question #2: How much, if at all, does your answer change if Deshaun Watson does not play another game for the Texans, and the Texans go with Tyrod Taylor?

Question 3: How much does your answer change if you factor in his (TL's) long term potential...meaning if TL becomes what we think he can become?

This year: Tannehill > Tlaw > Wentz > whatever the Texans throw out there. Flip Tlaw and Tannehill after next year going forward.

(04-06-2021, 10:58 PM)Upper Wrote: This year: Tannehill > Tlaw > Wentz > whatever the Texans throw out there. Flip Tlaw and Tannehill after next year going forward.

My typical rule is to rank rookie starters at the very bottom until they prove otherwise.

If I adhered to that it would be

1.  Watson-if he were playing for Houston; Tannehill if no Watson.
2. Tannehill if Watson; Wentz if no Watson
3.  Wentz if Watson; Tyrod Taylor if no Watson
4.  T Law.

But if he is who we think he is right out of the box

1.  Watson if he plays for Houston; Tannehill if not
2.  Tannehill if Watson; TLaw if not.
3.  TLaw if Watson;  Wentz if not
4.  Taylor

If we are talking long term potential

1.  T Law
2.  Watson if he plays for Houston; Tannehill if no Watson
3.  Wentz
4.  Taylor

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 08:17 AM by Upper.)

I mean, if Watson plays for the Texans he has to be number one now and long term. Just playing the odds, Watson is (was) the #2 asset in the entire league and while Lawrence could top that it's probably unlikely. But there's also a decent chance that Watson doesn't play another snap in the league, and if he does it almost certainly won't be with the Texans.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 08:23 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-07-2021, 08:16 AM)Upper Wrote: I mean, if Watson plays for the Texans he has to be number one now and long term. Just playing the odds, Watson is (was) the #2 asset in the entire league and while Lawrence could top that it's probably unlikely. But there's also a decent chance that Watson doesn't play another snap in the league, and if he does it almost certainly won't be with the Texans.

Since when was Watson the number 2 asset in the entire league?  Did guys like Mahomes and Rodgers retire?  No doubt with Brady being 1 of course

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 09:32 AM by Upper.)

(04-07-2021, 08:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 08:16 AM)Upper Wrote: I mean, if Watson plays for the Texans he has to be number one now and long term. Just playing the odds, Watson is (was) the #2 asset in the entire league and while Lawrence could top that it's probably unlikely. But there's also a decent chance that Watson doesn't play another snap in the league, and if he does it almost certainly won't be with the Texans.

Since when was Watson the number 2 asset in the entire league?  Did guys like Mahomes and Rodgers retire?  No doubt with Brady being 1 of course

If the league did a start from scratch draft, and Watson wasn't facing his legal issues, he would hands down go #2.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 09:41 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-07-2021, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 08:23 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Since when was Watson the number 2 asset in the entire league?  Did guys like Mahomes and Rodgers retire?  No doubt with Brady being 1 of course

If the league did a start from scratch draft, and Watson wasn't facing his legal issues, he would hands down go #2.
I dont think he would go before Herbert, Lawrwnce, Allen, Mahomes, or probably Burrow.  He damn sure ain't better than Brady or Rodgers either lol.

Yeah well there's no real point in debating it anyway you've shown you are biased as hell when it comes to Watson, as is much of the rest of this board. The rest of the league agrees that Watson is the second most valuable asset in the league. Legal issue caveat again.

(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021, 09:59 AM by Bullseye.)

I considered that, but gave the edge to TL long term because he's younger and the pre-draft evaluation of him as a generational prospect (where Watson did not receive that sort of praise). 

Of course given Watson's accomplishments, you could easily make the credible argument that the difference in age between Watson and Lawrence is not enough to diminish the long term potential for Watson.

(04-07-2021, 09:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-07-2021, 09:32 AM)Upper Wrote: If the league did a start from scratch draft, and Watson wasn't facing his legal issues, he would hands down go #2.
I dont think he would go before Herbert, Lawrwnce, Allen, Mahomes, or probably Burrow.  He damn sure ain't better than Brady or Rodgers either lol.

Herbert and Allen have only done it for a year.  Both appear to have very bright futures (especially Allen because Buffalo has done such a great job putting pieces around him).  Brady and Rodgers are both great QBs, but age has to be a consideration.  There was a stretch in last year's playoffs that Brady did not play well at all (notably vs. Green Bay), and Rodgers is openly hinting retirement to host Jeopardy.