Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 Site wide mock draft Sign up

Bateman is only 6' tall and doesn't have that big of a catch radius based on his Pro Day measurables. The Ravens have a lot of guys like that and were still ranked at the bottom of the NFL last season in receiving. They need a big WR with a large wingspan for Jackson's less than accurate passes, like Terrace Marshall. Bateman is a very good receiver. I just don't think he'd be very good in Baltimore.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not against Marshall for the Ravens, but I think Ljax needs more than anything is someone who can get open quick. Bateman does that.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 05:03 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-16-2021, 11:58 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm not against Marshall for the Ravens, but I think Ljax needs more than anything is someone who can get open quick. Bateman does that.

They have that in Marquise Brown, but they lack a big receiver to go with him. I like Rashod Bateman, but if Jackson can't hit Marquise Brown on a regular basis, he's not gonna be able to get the ball to Bateman either.

Updated picks, yall let me know who the Raven pick is and then we can vote on NO pick

(04-17-2021, 05:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 11:58 PM)Upper Wrote: I'm not against Marshall for the Ravens, but I think Ljax needs more than anything is someone who can get open quick. Bateman does that.

They have that in Marquise Brown, but they lack a big receiver to go with him. I like Rashod Bateman, but if Jackson can't hit Marquise Brown on a regular basis, he's not gonna be able to get the ball to Bateman either.

I do not think Brown gets open quickly. He gets open on slow developing deep routes, and Andrews get open slowly because he's a TE. And they throw to RB less than any other team. They need someone who can win quickly underneath. Bateman does that and more.

(04-17-2021, 08:17 AM)Upper Wrote:
(04-17-2021, 05:01 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: They have that in Marquise Brown, but they lack a big receiver to go with him. I like Rashod Bateman, but if Jackson can't hit Marquise Brown on a regular basis, he's not gonna be able to get the ball to Bateman either.

I do not think Brown gets open quickly. He gets open on slow developing deep routes, and Andrews get open slowly because he's a TE. And they throw to RB less than any other team. They need someone who can win quickly underneath. Bateman does that and more.
Well said.

I’ll 2nd Bateman.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 03:25 PM by JNev.)

But I wanted Bateman for the Jaguars at 33 Confused

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021, 04:08 PM by Upper.)

Cleatwood makes 3 Batesman's so I suppose the Saints are on the clock. This would be the time for Collins imo.

The Saints lost both starting DT's and that should be a high priority. Levi Onwuzurike of Washington is the top rated DT in the draft in a lot of boards I've seen and I think he'd be a great fit here. He gets my vote.

DT is so far from BAP...

(04-17-2021, 07:41 PM)Upper Wrote: DT is so far from BAP...

Not on every board. Different people have different rankings and with the Saints cap situation, they have to fill needs, because they don't have the money to go out after the draft and get decent free agents to fill them. Right now, they have an undrafted FA starting next to Onyemata at DT. They have one of the best WLB's in the NFL in Demario Davis, so where would Zaven Collins play in this defense that you could maximize his play? He's ideally a WLB in a 4-3 scheme, but as I said, they have Davis.

(04-16-2021, 08:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-16-2021, 04:28 PM)Mikey Wrote: With the 26th pick of the darft, the Cleveland Browns select Christian Barmore, IDL, Alabama.

This gives them a front four of Myles Garrett, Sheldon Richardson, Barmore, and Jadaveon Clowney, and also likely knocks at least one former Jag (Sheldon Day/Malik Jackson) off their roster.

The ravens can suck it, I mean they are on the clock. And they can suck it.

Not so quick. Richardson just got cut.

Saw that later the same day, and nostra-doofus over here was pretty proud of his sentient pick.

So far Saints have 1 vote for Z. Collins and Levi [alphabet soup]

I agree that Collins may not be the ideal fit. I don't see the value here for Levi, either. I vote that the offensive minded Sean Payton looks to add some explosiveness in Terrace Marshall. Added benefit is that if the team remains in financial trouble, this provides a safety net should the team look to shop Michael Thomas around over the next year.

So now three guys have 1 vote each. Fun.

I'd vote Greg Newsome for the Saints

I was hoping we'd at least get through the Jags second 2nd rounder but not looking likely at this rate huh...

(04-19-2021, 08:55 PM)Upper Wrote: I was hoping we'd at least get through the Jags second 2nd rounder but not looking likely at this rate huh...

Yeah, I wish more people would join in.  Need to just change it to 2 votes

My second choice for the Saints pick would be DE Gregory Rousseau, but that doesn't help either.

In the interest of getting things moving I will give Newsome a second vote.

(04-19-2021, 10:33 PM)rufftime Wrote: In the interest of getting things moving I will give Newsome a second vote.

I third Newsome!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 06:46 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Saints take Newsome

Packers take a guy who will help give Rodgers a guy to who will help get the offense over the top for the playoffs, Elijah Moore

Bills on the clock