Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

Meyer must love distractions.  He fired a coach due to a situation and now Tebow is going to bring more issues.  The moment Lawrence has a bad game I guarantee the Tebow idiots are going to scream for him to start.  It's a lose/lose situaiton.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2021, 01:07 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: You guys are falling for it, with the "but, but, but, Tebow can't play tight end"

Urban will then counter by bringing Tebow onto the roster as a Goal Line and short yardage wildcat QB/fullback.
Given Tebow's 2 National Championship he instills the winning culture that Urban wants.
And they're friends. Just like Travis Etienne and Trevor.

So we're benching the first overall pick on the goal line/short yardage plays?

If that isn't telling about the capability of your franchise QB, I don't know what is.

SMRT.

(05-05-2021, 05:07 PM)Ordar Wrote: I know people on here love to be negative and contrarian to everything the Jags do, but what harm is there exactly in bringing him in for training camp. Even is it’s to see what he can do as a TE, and to bring a buzz, a winning, positive feeling to the team?

Can’t see any downsides. He’s not even guaranteed to make the 53 man roster, so why are people freaking out??

Roster spots are finite. If I am rolling the dice on a back-of-the-roster guy at TE, I am not bothering with a mid-30s dude who has no experience at the position. I'm bringing in a younger prospect that may have potential to develop as he grows into his frame, or someone that's going to be able to handle the rigors of special teams coverage, because let's face it, that's where your 3rd and 4th TE are going to see most of their on-field action.

He came in for a workout, coach and former player got to catch up on old times, move on.

If his workout was that impressive, he'd have a contract in hand before he left the building. Maybe Tony can talk to him about a few guest appearances on AEW. That's where washed up entertainers end up, isn't it?

(05-05-2021, 08:34 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Meyer must love distractions.  He fired a coach due to a situation and now Tebow is going to bring more issues.  The moment Lawrence has a bad game I guarantee the Tebow idiots are going to scream for him to start.  It's a lose/lose situaiton.

domestic abuse is now "a situation". Cool. And after the university deemed him culpable and not acting immediately on his knowledge of the abuse, they suspended Urbz, and he retired at the end of the season.
if you're referencing Doyle, Doyle resigned, Urbz did not fire him.

rumors have it that this is more of a possibility than originally thought.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(05-05-2021, 05:07 PM)Ordar Wrote: I know people on here love to be negative and contrarian to everything the Jags do, but what harm is there exactly in bringing him in for training camp. Even is it’s to see what he can do as a TE, and to bring a buzz, a winning, positive feeling to the team?

Can’t see any downsides. He’s not even guaranteed to make the 53 man roster, so why are people freaking out??

It's only a "buzz" to a few Gator fans who are obsessed with reliving the glory days.  To everyone one else, it's a pointless distraction that continues to diminish the credibility of the franchise.  We just landed one of the most highly acclaimed QB prospects in history.  Why would any serious organization voluntarily focus attention elsewhere?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-06-2021, 09:26 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

It's only a "buzz" to a few Gator fans who are obsessed with reliving the glory days.  To everyone one else, it's a pointless distraction that continues to diminish the credibility of the franchise.  We just landed one of the most highly acclaimed QB prospects in history.  Why would any serious organization voluntarily focus attention elsewhere?
Exactly. And this notion of a "winning feeling" is also stupid. Dude hasn't won anything in how many years? Are we just bringing in guys who won something in college? Instead of bringing him in to play TE, why not be a coach? or a motivational speaker?

(05-05-2021, 07:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm just amazed this thread has 9 pages and all we did was give a guy a tryout. Seriously, how does that negatively effect this team at all? It was a tryout.
It is kind of a dead zone now so I'm not that surprised.  It is kind of amazing.

(05-06-2021, 09:24 AM)Ronster Wrote: rumors have it that this is more of a possibility than originally thought.

Only if you didn't think it was a possibility at first. I guess you didn't listen to the interview with Tony?

(05-06-2021, 10:08 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 09:24 AM)Ronster Wrote: rumors have it that this is more of a possibility than originally thought.

Only if you didn't think it was a possibility at first. I guess you didn't listen to the interview with Tony?

I didn't, can you elaborate, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(05-06-2021, 10:21 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/post/jacksonv...f08fb0f43c

From 07:17

Also, this morning on 1010XL they were talking about it being a real possibility on conversations they have had with people close to this situation.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2021, 01:19 PM by TLawIsEnforced.)

What the latest word on this topic? So many posts and pages......
Serious or just a tryout and the like?

(05-05-2021, 01:07 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: You guys are falling for it, with the "but, but, but, Tebow can't play tight end"

Urban will then counter by bringing Tebow onto the roster as a Goal Line and short yardage wildcat QB/fullback.
Given Tebow's 2 National Championship he instills the winning culture that Urban wants.

It's a copy cat league.  I can see other teams pulling their star QB when they get close to the goal line.  Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Mahommes will likely experience less playing time once Urbans genius strategy gets out; if indeed he does go to the Tebow wildcat at the goal line.

(05-06-2021, 01:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

It's a copy cat league.  I can see other teams pulling their star QB when they get close to the goal line.  Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Mahommes will likely experience less playing time once Urbans genius strategy gets out; if indeed he does go to the Tebow wildcat at the goal line.

If we want to run Wildcat, we should be giving Ronnie Brown a tryout, too.

TWO HEADED Wildcat for the win!

(05-06-2021, 01:53 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 01:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: It's a copy cat league.  I can see other teams pulling their star QB when they get close to the goal line.  Brady, Rogers, Wilson, Mahommes will likely experience less playing time once Urbans genius strategy gets out; if indeed he does go to the Tebow wildcat at the goal line.

If we want to run Wildcat, we should be giving Ronnie Brown a tryout, too.

...I was kinda hoping they would bring in Brock Lesnar for the goal line wildcat.

(05-06-2021, 02:12 PM)ATLjag Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 01:53 PM)Mikey Wrote: If we want to run Wildcat, we should be giving Ronnie Brown a tryout, too.

...I was kinda hoping they would bring in Brock Lesnar for the goal line wildcat.

Two words: The Fridge
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

There's gotta be a dozen tight ends in the NFL who could pass the ball 20 yards better than Tebow. Not sure Tebow could block or catch better than our own Ben Ellefson.

So yeah, nice publicity stunt for the Jax area. Not sure it plays great outside the 904. And believe me, I'll always pull for Tim to do well, but I'm just not seeing it.

This whole thing reeks of a gimmick to increase ticket sales further.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

[Image: 4gStMjj.jpg] Adam Schefter/Twitter - 

The Jacksonville Jaguars have signed Tim Tebow to a 2 year, 4 million dollar contract. Tebow will line up at TE and will look 
             to give the Urban and Lawrence lead Jaguars a dynamic passing threat.

sike