Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tim Tebow- Jags new TE (merged)

(05-12-2021, 11:54 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: God help us if he makes the roster. This forum will melt down worse then Chernobyl
Just about to post the same. Not great not terrible....team is already nearing critical mass not much to trigger a full on disaster.....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I just keep hearing "No Distractions" from Urban Meyer....

Did he think this would be a nothing burger? Seriously.. it shows a serious lack of fundamental understanding of people. Not to mention the optics in the current environment.

Rich white guy allows his rich white country club neighbor to try out when there are hundreds of better athletes bagging groceries or selling insurance.

(05-12-2021, 11:54 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: God help us if he makes the roster. This forum will melt down worse then Chernobyl

Tebow Derangement Syndrome!  Dude is so polarizing for some reason.  I don't get it.  Lots of good college QBs got a chance to start in the NFL and didnt work out.  Many were far worse in the NFL than he was.  Many actually stuck around the league as backups longer than he did.  But none of them got nearly the amount of hate he did while in the league.  Maybe it's the religious stuff.  Maybe people got turned off by the crazy Tebow fans.  

Sticking with the Florida theme, remember when Jeff Driskel who was 6'4 and 235+ ran a 4.5 40.  Dude clearly isnt an NFL QB but gave it a shot.  Imagine him taking some time off, staying in good shape, and some team in the league with a coach that likes him giving him a shot in training camp as a backup TE/H-back.  Yea I'm sure a few people in that team's local media would laugh and fans would call him nothing more than a camp body.  But would you even hear about it outside of that market?  I've been getting texts from friends all of the country with links to espn clips, fox sports, etc... who are talking about it constantly.  It's crazy.  And people can argue all they want about why but the reason is because his name is Tebow.  People are obsessed with TEBOW!  It's like Trump.  Just say the word and people lose their minds... fans and haters alike.

Not sure Urban understood how crazy people are over Tebow.  And I don't think the circus is worth whatever slim chance Urban thinks he could actually help the team or whatever favor Urban is doing for him.  One last chance for athletic glory.  I would like to say this will be my last post about it as I don't particularly care about this storyline in the slightest but I feel the need to vent a little as I'm getting bombarded from people at work, text messages, etc...  I don't think this needs to be nearly as big a story as it is.  Ya gotta think his odds of making the team are so slim barring him actually being halfway decent.

Yeah I don't get the outright hate but it is goofy to sign the dude.

For example, imagine if Meyer announced he was going to sign Charlie Ward as a backup linebacker because he was in great shape. People would justifiably be laughing. It's not really that much different.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Well I guess this will make everyone forget Urban daring to offer a job to that one coach guy.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Another example of Meyers incompetence. Really all there is to it.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(05-12-2021, 01:59 PM)rfc17 Wrote:

Tebow Derangement Syndrome!  Dude is so polarizing for some reason.  I don't get it.  Lots of good college QBs got a chance to start in the NFL and didnt work out.  Many were far worse in the NFL than he was.  Many actually stuck around the league as backups longer than he did.  But none of them got nearly the amount of hate he did while in the league.  Maybe it's the religious stuff.  Maybe people got turned off by the crazy Tebow fans.  

Sticking with the Florida theme, remember when Jeff Driskel who was 6'4 and 235+ ran a 4.5 40.  Dude clearly isnt an NFL QB but gave it a shot.  Imagine him taking some time off, staying in good shape, and some team in the league with a coach that likes him giving him a shot in training camp as a backup TE/H-back.  Yea I'm sure a few people in that team's local media would laugh and fans would call him nothing more than a camp body.  But would you even hear about it outside of that market?  I've been getting texts from friends all of the country with links to espn clips, fox sports, etc... who are talking about it constantly.  It's crazy.  And people can argue all they want about why but the reason is because his name is Tebow.  People are obsessed with TEBOW!  It's like Trump.  Just say the word and people lose their minds... fans and haters alike.

Not sure Urban understood how crazy people are over Tebow.  And I don't think the circus is worth whatever slim chance Urban thinks he could actually help the team or whatever favor Urban is doing for him.  One last chance for athletic glory.  I would like to say this will be my last post about it as I don't particularly care about this storyline in the slightest but I feel the need to vent a little as I'm getting bombarded from people at work, text messages, etc...  I don't think this needs to be nearly as big a story as it is.  Ya gotta think his odds of making the team are so slim barring him actually being halfway decent.

I have softened my stance on Tebow over time. I don't care for his beliefs, but plenty of athletes have intense religious beliefs.

I think the sensitivity is MUCH stronger for Jags fans. I believe it is 100% caused by an obnoxious segment of Gator fans.

I had to hear for years that we needed to sign this college QB to come in and save us. Not because he is such a generational talent, but because we had such pitiful fan support. That at least he would sell tickets. We needed him to keep the team from moving to LA. We needed to kiss the ring of Gator nation to bail us out. It wears you out, eventually makes you annoyed, and then angry. At some point you focus that anger on the player and not his unbelievably annoying advocates since he is a more visible target.

So sure, I will admit to being anti-Tebow by default.

At the same time, I feel this is an objectively poor football decision. Roster spots are precious. Opportunities for players are precious. The likelihood of Tebow actually learning the position in one off season and executing at an NFL level is nearly zero.
He is not 26 with a year or two of development ahead of him. If he was going to succeed at converting, it should have started years ago.

Wasting an opportunity to actually improve your team for what appears to be nepotism, is a bad decision. I think this will be a distraction and I think some players will lose respect for Meyer's ability to make unbiased roster decisions.

(05-12-2021, 11:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Someone made an interesting point....Urban is trying to slide him in at QB2.

I think QB3, shortyardage back.

As a Tebow supporter, I don't think Tebow will succeed at tight end because he's short for a tight end, lacks length and doesn't have good straight line speed for a tight end.
I don't think he can catch either and will be called for alot of false starts and miss blocking assignments that could get the QB injured.

But I think this is a way to slip him onto the team to be the 3rd string QB, wildcat QB and short yardage full back.
This is where he has the most value with his off the charts 6.66 3 cone agility.

(05-12-2021, 06:55 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 11:12 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Someone made an interesting point....Urban is trying to slide him in at QB2.

As a Tebow supporter, I don't think Tebow will succeed at tight end because he's short for a tight end, lacks length and doesn't have good straight line speed for a tight end.
I don't think he can catch either and will be called for alot of false starts and miss blocking assignments that could get the QB injured.

But I think this is a way to slip him onto the team to be the 3rd string QB, wildcat QB and short yardage full back.
This is where he has the most value with his off the charts 6.66 3 cone agility.
What a brilliant idea! Take the ball out of the rookie QBs hands and into the hands of a guy who hasn’t played in 8 years..... the defense won’t see it comin!

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 07:14 PM by RicoTx.)

(05-12-2021, 06:55 PM)Tank Commander Wrote:

From what?  Ten years ago?  LOL!

(05-12-2021, 07:11 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 06:55 PM)Tank Commander Wrote: I think QB3, shortyardage back.

What a brilliant idea! Take the ball out of the rookie QBs hands and into the hands of a guy who hasn’t played in 8 years..... the defense won’t see it comin!

But he is the chosen one.  He is the Tebow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 07:28 PM by Jags.)

Instead of TLaw, it’s now TBow?  What’s the Brangelina name for them??

(05-12-2021, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote: Instead of TLaw, it’s now TBow?  What’s the Brangelina name for them??

Timvor Lawbow.

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2021, 08:22 PM by Jags.)

(05-12-2021, 08:00 PM)enigma Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 07:27 PM)Jags Wrote: Instead of TLaw, it’s now TBow?  What’s the Brangelina name for them??

Timvor Lawbow.

Ah.. but, of course!!  Silly me.

I don't think they'll sign him. Too much backlash already. Fingers crossed lol

https://youtu.be/LR4achiU89w

I honestly just wish he would go away. I don’t want him near Trevor.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 08:26 AM by Mikey.)

(05-12-2021, 11:19 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Just to put it in perspective, Tebow was drafted 2 years before Justin Blackmon. His last season in the league was the year JB14 was drafted. He's been out of the league for an eternity. We were worried about Walker Little missing two years? Urban says, "Here, hold my beer!"

This may be the most telling snippet on this whole thread.

I guess Little is just not a maniac, as Urbz likes to put it.

(05-12-2021, 02:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Well I guess this will make everyone forget Urban daring to offer a job to that one coach guy.

Not everyone. The laundry list of names not forgotten include Zach Smith, Chris Doyle, Greg Schiano...dude surrounds himself with good people.

(05-12-2021, 08:00 PM)enigma Wrote:

Timvor Lawbow.

You can't convince me this isn't a GOT or LOTR character.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021, 08:41 AM by Dewboy01.)

I don't usually agree with Shannon Sharpe, but I can't disagree with what he said about Tebow here:

“The thing that I keep going back to is that he was asked to switch positions years ago, but it was beneath him,” Sharpe said. “What we’re seeing is that Tim Tebow is addicted to the fame of being a professional athlete.

"He couldn’t play quarterback, so it was, ‘If I can’t play quarterback, guess what I’ll do? I’m so talented, I’ll go play professional baseball.’ When that didn’t work out, it’s, ‘I’ll switch positions because I love the adulation that comes along with being a professional athlete.’ "

When asked about the chances of Tebow being successful:

“Successful? Are we saying if he makes the team it’s a success?” Sharpe said. “I think there’s a greater than 50% chance that he makes the team, simply because of where he is. He’s from Jacksonville. And he really helped that head coach get on the map in winning two national championships at the University of Florida."

“What do we always say: It’s not what you know. Sometimes, it’s not even how good you are. It’s who you know.”

(05-12-2021, 09:48 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: https://youtu.be/LR4achiU89w

lol fake